Forums

Removal of Venture tokens from TOI rewards

mzerohdl

For those who haven't noticed, venture tokens were removed from TOI rewards(Also for the solo dungeon ladder,Circle of Sundering) for those higher than rank 100. They were replaced with a number of treasure pouches.

It's a disappointing change as I would rather have the venture token then the treasure pouches. (We can farm treasure pouches already in basin) I viewed the the previous placement of venture tokens as a nice gesture and extra incentive to run TOI.  The in-game gold generation has already been reduced. It's removal is another "push" towards the negative "Pay2Progress" view of the game. 

I think for  whomever cares.... (if anyone does) I think the most alarming issue is the number of players saying "I would not recommend this game to a friend." This is another change towards that perception for me and others as well.

4 hours ago, mzerohdl said:

I think the most alarming issue is the number of players saying "I would not recommend this game to a friend." 

I've been at that point for awhile - maybe two months - kind of coincides with the dungeon nerf.

When asked, I tell people not to play the game. I still play because i supported the game for long enough that i'm invested, but I would rather my friends play something that doesn't treat their playerbase as marks instead of customers. For a company that sells nothing of real world value and the intangible items sold depreciate in a month or two, only to be given out for free, NCwaste ( and i don't believe for a second that these reward schemes are trickledowns from Korea) is more than stingy.

At this point I DGAF if the game folds tomorrow.

Sadly, but I have to agree. See no point in running ToI anymore. Also I wouldn't recommend this game for any of my friends and even my enemies, cuz that would be a bit too cruel. Playing myself only cuz I spent quite a bit of money and time on this game, otherwise would quit myself

As it stands, I also cannot recommend this game to any friends-no one that I actually cared about..

This change to me is a little strange and frankly unneeded. It lessons if not outright destroys the reason to ToI for high ranks. Now it's just yet another do the daily and never return situation other than maybe wanting a badge.

This + the way they're handling the mess they made with that last soul event completely ignoring people who were stuck at 100% is really just cramming the message

"We really don't like any of you, and just want your money"

I understand that they're a business but if they were a good one they'd realize happy customers = MORE customers
The happier you make your playerbase, the happier they are to get others to come join them and play

None of us want to tell our friends to come join us if we know they'll just be shot and searched for cash.
Come on. What is this??  I thought they were going a great direction with how well they listened about the costume rotations thing. I guess I was wrong about that.

Dude its capitalism, they trying to make you pay-to-win so you can get those tokens.

It's sad really, last year when they announced that they weren't going to be pay-to-win and ended up lying to everyone's faces. I'm not sure why people still trust them because I lost faith in them a long time ago.

14 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Didnt they change this because people were exploiting these ladders on their accounts having multiple of their characters in the top ranks thus preventing others from rising this high?

Top ranks still give venture tokens. So those who exploited it still will be able to do it. Only lower geared with lower placements are hit by this change. Whales still can go top rank and get venture tokens

Another heavy handed change, to address a problem that could easily be solved by restrictions to accounts.

Keep reducing the reasons for me to even log in anymore.

DC trash

ToI no more tokens

With every good change there's a negative change, what's up with these people.

Why is there always trade-offs in this game, it's getting bloody irritating.

yeah gold nerfs before and now this?

A good game should encourage people to play more not less.  It's like Bns wants you to play less,

from NA 18 servers to 6 servers and now 2 servers, I would think it be a great time to encourage people to play more  and give more rewards. It like Bns purposely wants to kill itself. 

It looks like someone is actively trying to squeeze as much money as possible as fast as possible, crippling the game in the long run. Well i guess - once they get their promotion or whatever - they will go to another project, and so they simply don't care about well being of this game. This is the only explanation i could find for all this.

I think they are right changing it c'z top 5000(it means every one) could easily have venture token on their multiple low geared characters. But i don't understand why only top 100 can have Tokens.(It will only increase the gap between super geared people and not so geared people). I think you should change it a little bit. Give at least for top 200-300 venture tokens. 

Archived