BnS Gold 2018

ONumNum

Where do We get money now? It's getting harder and harder to get a decent amount of gold nowadays due to me(not sure about anyone else) constantly needing to upgrade gear, transfuse gems, and gambling to get premium tran stones. Because of the previous patch update, they removes nearly all the daily purple duns under silverfrost and challenges. About the only way I've seen so far to get gold now is doing higher lvl duns(no duh) but that's usually only if other players know mech, are willing to carry others, or hope leaders don't kick you out and let you stay. But even if I do finish the duns, getting only 10-15 gold is barley enough since see myself bidding afterwards most of the time. There are rare changes that someone pays an observed amount of  gold for an item during bids and everyone gets 10% of that but once again its never enough since i spend it all on trying to get items for upgrades. I use to been able to rely on market place to get money but since most items are purples or crafted(which still cost a fortune to make), its either slow or i just give up trying to use it now. NCSoft may have added more rewards and items for players but the cost to upgrade them is taking its toll that it feels like you need to pay to win rather than earn by grinding it.

Is there a place/ dun/ way to get a decent amount of money in bns nowadays?

10 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

Something about making gold afk kind of disturbs me. Kind of like cheating - don't guess they have an xigncode for that.

Agreed.  Atleast with some effort the team can score points which adds to BG points. Doing nothing = less points. There is no logic in afk even if you dont have pvp gear.  There is always a chance for there to be a player weaker than you. Least this is what i learned through bgs.

well, Money income reduced, but, weapon cost reduced (WAY WAY WAY lower than before) and marketplace prices for raven mats all went to a third compared to January, Everything is exchangeable with peaches up to Baleful/Seraph 12, and the peaches required are all reduced as well. Furthermore? sure, material boxes now drop in Celestial Basin! from normal Mobs! yes, I afked in there farming those stone guardians and elephants, about 5 boxes drop after a full clear of the field.

For all new players, you just need to exchange some Longgui soul shield to get a full 8 piece with the highest crit possible, and they are only 1k peach each. We used to farm for days in MSP and hoping to get enough flowers for an 8th piece. 8 piece critic longui ss is enough to farm peaches at a high efficiency. 

Raven may be too hard for you, you don't really have to bother it until you had your baleful 12 

You have low gold income now, so what? you used to use gold to buy those mats, and now you can get them free while farming peaches, it's a win win to you, why do people still complain.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb IAmWho:

and now you can get them free while farming peaches,

You get emps, trans stones, PTS and that fun stuff for free? Thats news to me. Last i checked i had a daily income of about 20g and a single PTS cost me 500+g

7 minutes ago, Granger said:

You get emps, trans stones, PTS and that fun stuff for free? Thats news to me. Last i checked i had a daily income of about 20g and a single PTS cost me 500+g

Uhh, you can't ask to get them free too, and those marketplace prices are developed by players, if you think they are too high, you can buy them all and sell them lower, so the market economy will be adjusted (hopefully :giggle:)

Why do you guys always act like getting account bound mats is a big deal when you need unbound ones... im sitting on tons of bound ones and cant really use them because what i need is unbound mats and gold...

Its very... "I want to build a house, but i cant seem to get bricks" "Here, have a ton of dirt, stop complaining"

Do all weeklies and dailies, dailies aren't hard these days, I see lots of people running weeklies on 1k ap, slowly you will get your raw stones (unbound ones) from weekly boxes, not much but better than nothing. Also those mat boxes drop elysions, farming peach bosses drop evolved stones, you can simply convert those to gold and trade moonstones which is hard to get these days, you don't need that many moonstones these days are you, and since you have tons of bound ones, then you don't need any unbound anymore if you are not making stuff yourself, just sell them, easy income. when you slowly collect your gold, you will be able to afford many stuff. Also 2.5k peach can now trade for a hex gem, you can just salvage them to get 4 powder which is almost 100g...... money isn't hard to make if you think more on how to make them, rather than wasting your brain cells on how to complain about all those.

If you are lazy enough, just put $15 and get 1k gold, ez money by just saving one of your lunch by buying a pack instant noodles if you really care about that 15$ :giggle:

13 minutes ago, Granger said:

Why do you guys always act like getting account bound mats is a big deal when you need unbound ones... im sitting on tons of bound ones and cant really use them because what i need is unbound mats and gold...

Its very... "I want to build a house, but i cant seem to get bricks" "Here, have a ton of dirt, stop complaining"

If the owner, or giver, or god is only giving you dirt, why don't you chop some lumbers sell them and get bricks? or mix your dirt with water to form a kiln and burn more dirts into bricks :hmph:

30 minutes ago, IAmWho said:

Also 2.5k peach can now trade for a hex gem, you can just salvage them to get 4 powder which is almost 100g......

If you are lazy enough, just put $15 and get 1k gold, ez money by just saving one of your lunch by buying a pack instant noodles if you really care about that 15$ :giggle:

No. We can't salvage those.. !!

And Op wanted options without spending irl money. (tho i woulnd't suggest that to anyone. If you wanna play an MMO,  sub based or not, get used to spending SOME money. that's how things work. nobody gonna clean your car for free either)

No need to dramatize this but no need to play it down either. For a new person having 1-2 chars only, it took/takes about 1-2 months and daily work to get anywhere.
Also socializing and having friends/clan/kind strangers that pull you once in a while trough IF EL SSM DD HH and BT raid.... helps a lot. (surprise. it's a mmo..)

But now we have the new event, so you should be easily at raven 3 in relatively short time..

10 hours ago, IAmWho said:

If the owner, or giver, or god is only giving you dirt, why don't you chop some lumbers sell them and get bricks? or mix your dirt with water to form a kiln and burn more dirts into bricks :hmph:

The owner didn't give me an axe to chop down the trees, nor a saw to cut the wood into lumber. I cannot craft bricks because he did not give me straw to mix with the clay (dirt, whatever). 

Of course, I can mine iron ore, if only I had a pickaxe, and then forge an axe, if I had a forge. Guess I'll have to use some of that dirt to build a forge. Man, I didn't realize how hard it was to build a house!

9 minutes ago, SkyStorm said:

The owner didn't give me an axe to chop down the trees, nor a saw to cut the wood into lumber. I cannot craft bricks because he did give me straw to mix with the clay (dirt, whatever). 

Of course, I can mine iron ore, if only I had a pickaxe, and then forge an axe, if I had a forge. Guess I'll have to use some of that dirt to build a forge. Man, I didn't realize how hard it was to build a house!

Since we came this far, why not any further :P 

You can do anything if you try

https://www.google.ca/search?q=building+a+house+of+dirt&rlz=1C1CHBF_zh-cnCA713CA713&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJ--6EtuXbAhXm54MKHRugADUQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=637 

Lol got me there. Even still though, theres not really any trees to chop either. About the only source of unbound mats is lucent promises (rarely a unbound mat) and weekly challenge chest (around 2-4 unbound mats), hardly enough to craft a lot with unless you already have strong gear to not have to deal with f8's bullshit, to "farm" lucent promises.

5 hours ago, IAmWho said:

well, Money income reduced, but, weapon cost reduced (WAY WAY WAY lower than before) and marketplace prices for raven mats all went to a third compared to January,

You conveniently left out the part where the biggest gold costs around raven gear and above remain the same as they always were and the gold income is lower, mat drops not really offsetting the changes. Before you had to farm mats and gold, mats for the upgrade itself and gold for the PTS/elements. As usual, before you'd end up with all the mats you would need for the next four raven updates and not enough gold to buy nor tradable mats for RNGing the PTSes. At the moment we have even more casual mats, enough for 6-7 upgrades and still less gold and raw mats to cover the elements+pts(if first up). There is no reasonable way to make up for that... unless one lives in a time space where 24 hours are equal to a few days here.

At this stage of time in Blade and Soul, if you're not geared enough, or meet the usual requirement of 1.1k AP then good luck running new raids and dungeons were the big bucks drops.

Making gold right now is probably next to impossible for new players.

20 hours ago, IAmWho said:

weapon cost reduced

It's actually just a temporary cost reduction through event. If an actual permanent discount happens remains to be seen. and if you're already raven there's hardly any cost reduction for you, if at all.

material boxes now drop in Celestial Basin! from normal Mobs!

You have low gold income now, so what? you used to use gold to buy those mats, and now you can get them free

Those are for the crystal elements. No one ever complained about a shortage of those. The issue is gold, which you need a lot of to progress but is increasingly harder to get.
You have it the wrong way around. you actually *used to* be able to farm raw materials, but now you can (almost) only buy them.

those marketplace prices are developed by players

The availability, droprate and requirements of everything is determined by the developers. to the decimal point. If you remove 95% of the ways to get raw materials without accordingly reducing the need for them, of course prices will blow up. 

19 hours ago, IAmWho said:

Do all weeklies and dailies, dailies aren't hard these days, I see lots of people running weeklies on 1k ap, 

Dailies aren't hard but they also aren't profitable. Especially if you're under 1100ap and may not be able to do dungeons above Sanctum without losing your mind in F8.  Weeklies are better, but, they're weeklies.. 2 moonstones per week aren't going to pay for your pts, tons of legendary jewls/elements, etc..

19 hours ago, IAmWho said:

Also 2.5k peach can now trade for a hex gem, you can just salvage them to get 4 powder which is almost 100g

Are you trolling at this point? Try knowing what you're talking about before going into a discussion..
Bottom line, that you seemed to have missed- all and all the gold income is absurdly low compared to the gold necessity in every step. Events are temporary, don't be fooled by trove induced price drops, a real permanent solution is required.

I have returned to the game a few weeks back, after a long absence. Was very excited to get back into the game, but the current state is just horrible.

Want to do dungeons to gear up ?

Nope, too low HM level/too low AP - people just leave party when they see you. If you find a party that can carry you, even if gear drops, you won't have the gold to bid for it unless you get into a lucky party where everyone already has it.

Want to do raids/join a guild?

Snowjade+Fallen+Khanda - 1k+ fast run ! or 1.1k+ fast run!  Uhh.. but I only have 800-900? Halp ? Yea so unless you manage to find some very good geared players to carry, or overall over the average raid to accept you - you're left begging. Same for guilds... barely anyone looking at you unless you're over 1k AP.

Want to farm gold?

Well, you can't, unless you have a couple of very geared chars that get hundreds/thousands of gold from endgame content compared to lowbies who get 15g from dailies (if lucky) and 50g from weeklies (if lucky and manage to do them).

Even swiping the card won't help you, unless you plan on throwing a couple of hundreds down the toilet. This is a very bad policy of spitting on new/returning players.

3 hours ago, asot said:

I have returned to the game a few weeks back, after a long absence. Was very excited to get back into the game, but the current state is just horrible.

Want to do dungeons to gear up ?

Nope, too low HM level/too low AP - people just leave party when they see you. If you find a party that can carry you, even if gear drops, you won't have the gold to bid for it unless you get into a lucky party where everyone already has it.

Want to do raids/join a guild?

Snowjade+Fallen+Khanda - 1k+ fast run ! or 1.1k+ fast run!  Uhh.. but I only have 800-900? Halp ? Yea so unless you manage to find some very good geared players to carry, or overall over the average raid to accept you - you're left begging. Same for guilds... barely anyone looking at you unless you're over 1k AP.

Want to farm gold?

Well, you can't, unless you have a couple of very geared chars that get hundreds/thousands of gold from endgame content compared to lowbies who get 15g from dailies (if lucky) and 50g from weeklies (if lucky and manage to do them).

Even swiping the card won't help you, unless you plan on throwing a couple of hundreds down the toilet. This is a very bad policy of spitting on new/returning players.

Just this. ^

6 hours ago, asot said:

Nope, too low HM level/too low AP - people just leave party when they see you.

I have routinely been going with players lower lvl than me -- as low as HM8-HM10.  I'm HM14 w/1.25kAP, 185k hits, a6 weap,

and all legendary except gloves (hate HH - rare for most of party not to die) and been playing for 7+ months about 80+ hours a week (I have no life).  Started making it a priority when people complained about NS's boss-timer was too short. 

Lately,  I'm shying off going with a party with too many low members because I get insulted if I don't do enough damage or enough to carry others, or do the mechs right in dungeons where I normally don't do mechs.  I often end up being in the role of tank even when not asked (DPS threat) -- I'm a gunner -- supposed to be distance, not melee.  But a few times, when specified tank didn't hold aggro, I get knocked down so much, I can bare get-off a volley.  

In NS, I died recently on granite titan cuz tank had problems holding aggro even when I tried slowing down fire rate.  Kept getting knocked down -- and rest of group total DPS was apparently less than mine.  They bring healing potions, res charms or dragon-blood.  Even me  using a group-res... his hit points weren't going down.  Then people started just dropping out of the group.  Leader was the last to drop and I ended up hitting time limit.  First time I'd EVER died on that boss.  So you wonder if higher lvl players will bail on you? Happens in reverse as well because they thought they'd be carried.

In another group I got snide remarks about it being pointless for them to have brought along a gunner  78.png and to be sure to add me to their black list -- lovely.   If with a group or similarly lvled people, I don't have these problems.  In HH, recently with another group of HM10-12's, I got snide remarks asking who bought me my account, or how much of a "nube" I was and asking 'visa or mastercard'?

I don't remember the mechs for many  mid level dungeons because the groups I normally travel with don't do them -- the guy is dead before they're an issue -- and that's the main problem.  A group in over their head might need mechs as much as a normal group doing "hard", but I don't know how much they'll need the mechs until its too late.  So, what do I do?  I stop going with groups with too many lower level players.  One or two, I don't care, but the entire group?  Um....  Now, I feel uncomfortable being the the highest in the group wondering if I'm going to be insulted or bailed on for not being perfect enough (I never claim perfection, if anything, will claim the opposite -- if any mistake can be made, I'll like try it out!). 

Anyway, I eventually get over the last jerk and go back to not jumping ship with all-lower-lvl people in group.  Though on harder dungeons I do check the leader and see if they are more than a lvl or two under me -- with same dungeon, I likely would take an hm14 leader over an hm10 or lower. 

So, unfortunately there are reasons why some higher lvl players might be skittish around lower lvl ones.  It doesn't really help that it is not personal.

Archived