GodEnyo

Rising Soul Event Bug?

Recommended Posts

GodEnyo   

It was my understanding after reading from the developers directly from the patch notes and from watching the live stream that the chance of success in upgrading the Fleeting Astral Soul - Stage 6 to Brilliant Fleeting Astral Soul increases after every fail. This is what the players were told; however, there is a very high number of players sharing their results of reaching +100% or close to that. The challenge mileage was said to be added in addition to the initial success rate, so the chance of actually reaching +100% should be abysmally low. Was there a bug in the calculations or was this simply a miscommunication, causing an uproar of complaints from so many dedicated players?
Edit: GM Response:

Quote

Hi there,

We would like to apologize for the delayed response due to high volume of tickets that we are currently receiving.

To explain the mechanics for the Fleeting Astral Soul's upgrade, particularly from Stage 6 to Brilliant Astral Soul stage:

If you are going to look at the Fleeting Astral Soul's tooltip description, this would describe the different scenarios where the Upgrade Mileage feature works in general. However, for the Fleeting Astral Soul's case specifically, only the first two ones will apply:

"If a Variable Evolution item fails to evolve, you will receive mileage points."
- This means that there is static chance to fail to upgrade the item, but when item fails to upgrade mileage points will stack in Upgrade Mileage.

"If the mileage points reach 100%, Variable Evolution change to [] Guaranteed Evolution."

- When Upgrade Mileage reaches 100%, next upgrade will be Guaranteed to be upgraded.

Pertaining to the patch notes as well as the live stream, it was wrong when we were told the chance of success increases after each failure. Excellent execution of a bait and switch.
Patch Notes: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-eternal-night-patch-notes/
RENjz04.jpg
Live Stream: (Timestamp - 42:40)

Edit: To clarify, I didn't intend to start more posts about how close many have gotten, or all the rejections from tickets, rather I'd like a fix if the event soul was bugged or an answer on behalf of NCSoft to appease all the disheartened players. I wouldn't suggest a "freebie" or "handout" but I'm not so self-righteous or arrogant as to say that offering a free upgrade to all the players above xx% mileage or extending the period in which Pristine Oils are available should be considered a "freebie." We were promised an event soul that has a chance of failure; however, even though it's a RNG based event, it seemed acceptable with an increased success rate after each failure. In any other RNG event, you are still rewarded for your efforts, however RNG dictates how much so, but nonetheless, the player is rewarded and there usually is some kind of consolation prize. The event system that was actually implemented takes effort, but rewards nothing from 0 to 100% mileage and actually costs some gold, players have a right to feel cheated after being promised something different and spending so much of their time on something that left them completely and utterly empty handed.

Edited by GodEnyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what was going around it sounds like it didn't actually increase you chance of upgrading.  IT just filled the bar and at 100% you get the soul.

 

I failed 8 times, waste of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GodEnyo   
12 hours ago, Bleys said:

I got the same copy/paste reply

I didn't send in a ticket, I copy and pasted what the patch notes stated to argue that the success rate did not increase as promised after each fail.

Edited by GodEnyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bleys   
7 minutes ago, GodEnyo said:

I didn't send in a ticket, I copy and pasted the what the patch notes stated to argue that the success rate did not increase as promised after each fail.

Oh yeah well its not just the notes. They provided misleading information in the video too... same tactic used in BDO... for example your original success rate is 1% and every time it fails it goes up by 9% of 1% which makes it 1.09 % and you dont even reach 2% of total successes rate with 10 fails and a bunch of money spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm at 100% with 13 oils so i need only two.

 

I sent a lot of messages to the support, these were the answers:

 

1: Hello, 

I have looked into your request. However, we are unable to offer a reversal for failed attempts as it is an intentional mechanic for one to lose items when an attempt fails. Given that it is a one way process, I'm afraid we are unable to process this request. We have looked into the angle of transferring the Pristine Astral Oils for you as well, however, the item is meant to be bound to character. Given that it's meant to be used by the other character, we couldn't process the transfer either. I'm afraid we couldn't honor your requests at this time. 

Though if there is anything else that we may be able to help with, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

 

2:Thank you for the understanding and we apologize if we cannot grant your request for this case. However, we assist players on a case by case basis and each request are objectively reviewed.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

 

3:  (When you say i need only two oils) the just Joke like this: 

"Since you have mentioned that you only need 2 Pristine Astral Oil, please note that the free Pristine Astral Oil at the Hongmoon Store can still be claimed until June 27. "

 

4: and then even the Senior responded to me

"Hi there,

This is Senior GM Kojima of the Game Support Team. 

I understand how you feel about the matter but after personally reviewing your request, my answer for this will still be the same as stated by the previous GMs.

We will be unable to grant it but we can only advise you to obtain more of the items on the Hongmoon Store while these are still available.

If there's anything else, please let us know."

 

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bleys   

Dont give up, lets wait until the 27th if they dont extend free oils i will make sure i post a review on every single gaming website on the net and let everyone know whats goes on here.

Edited by Bleys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shinki   
8 minutes ago, Evil Knighty said:

 

I'm at 100% with 13 oils so i need only two.

 

I sent a lot of messages to the support, these were the answers:

 

1: Hello, 

I have looked into your request. However, we are unable to offer a reversal for failed attempts as it is an intentional mechanic for one to lose items when an attempt fails. Given that it is a one way process, I'm afraid we are unable to process this request. We have looked into the angle of transferring the Pristine Astral Oils for you as well, however, the item is meant to be bound to character. Given that it's meant to be used by the other character, we couldn't process the transfer either. I'm afraid we couldn't honor your requests at this time. 

Though if there is anything else that we may be able to help with, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

 

2:Thank you for the understanding and we apologize if we cannot grant your request for this case. However, we assist players on a case by case basis and each request are objectively reviewed.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

 

3:  (When you say i need only two oils) the just Joke like this: 

"Since you have mentioned that you only need 2 Pristine Astral Oil, please note that the free Pristine Astral Oil at the Hongmoon Store can still be claimed until June 27. "

 

4: and then even the Senior responded to me

"Hi there,

This is Senior GM Kojima of the Game Support Team. 

I understand how you feel about the matter but after personally reviewing your request, my answer for this will still be the same as stated by the previous GMs.

We will be unable to grant it but we can only advise you to obtain more of the items on the Hongmoon Store while these are still available.

If there's anything else, please let us know."

 

:(

This is truly horrible. I am very sorry for everyone affected. I don't even know what else to say.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nombei   

Hello all,

 

I was going to start a thread when I saw this one. @GodEnyo you are spot on. I went into the event thinking the same thing and highlighted that same line to support's attention. My Blade Dancer hit stage 7 with the upgrade mileage @ 38%, so that seemed to back the implication that the success chance would be the base rate of 10% (unconfirmed) plus the upgrade percent. I'm assuming that in actuality, it's the base chance...period. Had I known that little wrinkle, I would have had my KFM run the event a little harder. I was wondering why people were showing their souls in chat @ 100%. They totally failed at communicating this point.

 

My soul is currently @ 85%, but I should get one more go before the 27th thanks to the free oils from the HM store.

 

@Evil Knighty, the gm's are correct that you can get a free oil per day through the store (choose the Hongmoon Coin tab at the top and it should be first among the items to the right), so you should get your soul. Sad thing is that I was unaware of the freebie until a week into it.

 

The first reply I got was along the lines of Evil's #1, chance to fail, counts against your upgrade mileage, at 100% you're guaranteed a soul, and my favorite...we are unable to restore your materials. I never asked for that in my ticket and specified it in my reply. I don't want reimbursement, just fairness.

 

GM reply number 2 was pretty much a repeat of number one without mentioning the mat restoration but adding that I should post my suggestions to improve the functionality of the event on the forums, where the community team will gather the feedback and pass it along to the devs. I'll give them credit for quick replies, regardless of whether I agree with them.

 

So without further ado...my suggestions:

 

1) If your upgrade chance is not influenced by the Upgrade Mileage, you should have had a disclaimer like, "Note: your Upgrade Mileage does not influence your chance of success."

 

2) Limiting the oils to the Sanctum, Forge and Ebondrake Lair was a very bad choice as it penalizes any new or lower level players to have to rely on the charity of higher level players to carry them through the boss battles. I know they were trying to get higher traffic through those dungeons, but this was not the way to do it. Running a 6 person team @ HM 11 or lower through those dungeons was largely a terrible misadventure, and many of the players would bail after getting mopped by the first mini, which forces you to start again from scratch (creating a massive waste of time). I won't go into the added BS of the numerous kicks from groups due to lack of AP, raven weapon, etc...

 

Bottom line, Desolate Tomb and Naryu Foundry should have been included - dungeons that players @ HM 8 - 11 can run so long as they work as a team.

 

3) Now that the event is over, allow players to transfer oils between characters on the same account or open the sale of oils on the AH much like the tokens from the Tower of Infinity once the selected season is done. My Blade Dancer has enough spare oils for my KFM to get his soul.

*** I AM REQUESTING THAT THIS BE DONE NOW AS MOST PEOPLE PLAY MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER IN THIS GAME AND LIKELY HAVE THIS SCENARIO.

 

4) Please do not make failure chance events a habit. The hellacious RNG is what destroyed games like ArcheAge and caused me to walk away in disgust. I'd rather slay the dragon 100 times for the dragon outfit than go through this gauntlet and come away empty-handed and burned out.

 

Those are the most important takeaways I have for this event. I'm sure I have more thoughts, but like I said...my brain has been thoroughly sauteed (with a hint of garlic) thanks to this rat race.

 

Apologies for the long post.

 

~Nombei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GodEnyo   
12 hours ago, Evil Knighty said:

 

I'm at 100% with 13 oils so i need only two.

 

I sent a lot of messages to the support, these were the answers:

If you were 100% and only 2 oils needed for the next attempt, then there was no need to send in multiple tickets or even one.

9 hours ago, Nombei said:

...my suggestions:

1) If your upgrade chance is not influenced by the Upgrade Mileage, you should have had a disclaimer like, "Note: your Upgrade Mileage does not influence your chance of success."

2) Limiting the oils to the Sanctum, Forge and Ebondrake Lair was a very bad choice as it penalizes any new or lower level players to have to rely on the charity of higher level players to carry them through the boss battles. I know they were trying to get higher traffic through those dungeons, but this was not the way to do it. Running a 6 person team @ HM 11 or lower through those dungeons was largely a terrible misadventure, and many of the players would bail after getting mopped by the first mini, which forces you to start again from scratch (creating a massive waste of time). I won't go into the added BS of the numerous kicks from groups due to lack of AP, raven weapon, etc...

Bottom line, Desolate Tomb and Naryu Foundry should have been included - dungeons that players @ HM 8 - 11 can run so long as they work as a team.

3) Now that the event is over, allow players to transfer oils between characters on the same account or open the sale of oils on the AH much like the tokens from the Tower of Infinity once the selected season is done. My Blade Dancer has enough spare oils for my KFM to get his soul.

*** I AM REQUESTING THAT THIS BE DONE NOW AS MOST PEOPLE PLAY MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER IN THIS GAME AND LIKELY HAVE THIS SCENARIO.

4) Please do not make failure chance events a habit. The hellacious RNG is what destroyed games like ArcheAge and caused me to walk away in disgust. I'd rather slay the dragon 100 times for the dragon outfit than go through this gauntlet and come away empty-handed and burned out.

~Nombei

Thank you for the suggestions, but there were already many posts like that for the GMs to read and take into consideration if they felt it was worth doing. If they were compelled to please their player base then the game wouldn't be in the state it's in now, so I'll take a different approach. They mostly respond when they actually make a blatant mistake that gets enough of an outcry. So let's try to emphasize more on the fact that they were wrong in how they informed us and the effects, and not just make another wave of posts about "I got to 100%, but not enough oils for another attempt, give me it anyway!" because posts like that seem to achieve nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Senior 

 

"Hi there,

Yuri here, one of the Senior GMs of the Blade and Soul Support Team.

I understand that you wish to have the Pristine Astral Oils given to your friend. However, as mentioned, we do not have this kind of service. I can only assure you that all tickets are reviewed and granted on a case-by-case basis. I know that this is not the answer you are expecting but we can only ask for your understanding.

If you have any other issues aside from this one, please do contact us again.

Regards,"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GodEnyo said:

If you were 100% and only 2 oils needed for the next attempt, then there was no need to send in multiple tickets or even one.

But nothing can upgrade with 13 oils. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GodEnyo   
5 minutes ago, Evil Knighty said:

But nothing can upgrade with 13 oils. 

You get 1 each day for free from the Hongmoon Store in the Hongmoon Coin tab, not the Ncoin tab. 2 days would give you your 2 Pristine Oils, which would get you your legendary soul.

Edited by GodEnyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GodEnyo said:

You get 1 each day for free from the Hongmoon Store in the Hongmoon Coin tab, not the Ncoin tab.

Do you think a lot of people here complaining do not know how to tell? all who are in need of some are already including those of the F10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GodEnyo   
12 hours ago, Evil Knighty said:

I'm at 100% with 13 oils so i need only two.

I sent a lot of messages to the support, these were the answers:

 

3 minutes ago, Evil Knighty said:

Do you think a lot of people here complaining do not know how to tell? all who are in need of some are already including those of the F10

I'm addressing what you said. If you were in fact 100% with 13 Pristine Oils, then you would only have needed to get 2 more from F10, one now, and one after 8pm today and you'd be finish. So if the information you gave was true, then sending in multiple tickets was a waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GodEnyo said:

then sending in multiple tickets was a waste of time.

We waste our time and gold trying to do something that is flawed. then let them work a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GodEnyo   
20 hours ago, Nombei said:

1) If your upgrade chance is not influenced by the Upgrade Mileage, you should have had a disclaimer like, "Note: your Upgrade Mileage does not influence your chance of success."

2) Limiting the oils to the Sanctum, Forge and Ebondrake Lair was a very bad choice as it penalizes any new or lower level players to have to rely on the charity of higher level players to carry them through the boss battles. I know they were trying to get higher traffic through those dungeons, but this was not the way to do it. Running a 6 person team @ HM 11 or lower through those dungeons was largely a terrible misadventure, and many of the players would bail after getting mopped by the first mini, which forces you to start again from scratch (creating a massive waste of time). I won't go into the added BS of the numerous kicks from groups due to lack of AP, raven weapon, etc...

Bottom line, Desolate Tomb and Naryu Foundry should have been included - dungeons that players @ HM 8 - 11 can run so long as they work as a team.

4) Please do not make failure chance events a habit. The hellacious RNG is what destroyed games like ArcheAge and caused me to walk away in disgust. I'd rather slay the dragon 100 times for the dragon outfit than go through this gauntlet and come away empty-handed and burned out.

~Nombei

I agree, the event dungeons should have been lower tier so everyone had a fair chance at getting the reward. But it's at a point where there is not much progression, a new player comes in and has no easy dungeons to start from and build up. All reasonable farming methods and lower dungeon rewards have been all but removed, so it's swipe, quit or deal with it.

Edited by GodEnyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyStorm   

 

11 hours ago, Evil Knighty said:

We waste our time and gold trying to do something that is flawed. then let them work a little.

They wasted our time so we waste their time?

 

Two wrongs don't make a right, an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind, blah blah blah. A lose-lose attitude doesn't help matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Puffys   

It's not a bug, it's them playing a joke on you. They tend to always screw up or screw you up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nombei   

Well, I just got a reply to Suggestion #3 from the GM's...

 

"We understand your frustration regarding about this matter. Unfortunately, the item in question is not eligible to be transferred as it is intended to be character bound and considered as an Event item."  Followed by the usual patronizing pap.

 

If they understood our frustration, especially when they're the ones that caused it, wouldn't you think they would do the right thing and fix it?

 

Nah, didn't think so either...stop laughing!

 

~Nombei

 

Edited by Nombei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyStorm   
1 hour ago, Nombei said:

If they understood our frustration, especially when they're the ones that caused it, wouldn't you think they would do the right thing and fix it?

I think they understand, at least the front line understands, but they're powerless to do anything. The sub-human bottom feeders that are in charge, on the other hand, probably don't give a rat's ass about doing the right thing hence, to them, there is nothing to fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GodEnyo   

Took a couple days, but I finally got a GM reply, added to the OP. So the livestream and patch notes were wrong in telling us the chance of success increases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xzard   

I was so happy that I was going to get soul for all my alts and then found how the event really work, couldnt get soul for 2 alts.
The event was "good", I got 4 souls, but they gave false information at 1st, nobody would complain if the rules were clear from the beggining.
Anyway, no more RNG events EVER please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now