The Event is comming to an end, and i still havent got my legendary soul, OTHERS DIDNT TOO !

Tekoek0911

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to put this in relation...

I was able to get souls on -5- chars. All around 1k ap...

Also grabbed 3 real oils and 3 outfits..

Yes it took time, and was work - it's not easy to find groups sometimes (weekends) - on some days it was rather frustrating.....

But if you actually try and !ask nicely! - you can find a place in if/el every day, even with a poopy 950 ap gunner alt.
You could also make a friend and let them take you on dailys.  (assuming you have only 1 char, how hard can it be...)

My best soul was 2nd try. The worst at 89%...

I probably missed between 1-2 weeks worth of oils on almost all of those chars..

Just want to point out that the event was not just bad, even with rng... ;)

HOWEVER - even if i worked my ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing ass off for this -

I do understand those that are actually new in this game and scared in F8, or those who feel unable to socialize to do dailies, or have no time, tornados, got abducted by aliens or simply just very very bad rng ..

1)

If you want a mmo with guaranteed endgame for everyone after spending time to level. Try final fantasy 14. (even that takes weeks to level up properly..)
Mabye Bns is not the place to start from 0 if you only have a like 5 hours a week...

2)

I'm on your side tho. 109% on your side <.<
Supporting your request for more oils / actual soul to anyone stuck at 80%-100%  (specially new players)  It would be nice and not hurt NSsofts income or the game at all.

The event simply could've been a week longer too. Just for convenience of everyone.

The relationship between those who benefited from this event and those who did not seems pretty clear. I benefited because I said "no" the the RNG bs and undisclosed probabilities being presented, and took the opportunity to acquire some sacred vials and pet packs, but I know that most did not. If players had been presented with a clear picture of what to expect I'm sure the numbers would have been different.

IMO, this event was unethical and borderline immoral. There are better ways to motivate customers than waving a carrot under their nose, and being the target of their attempts at psychological/emotional manipulation just pisses me off.

Now there are a lot of people think they're entitled to get the soul because of the effort expended. Personally, I don't want a freebie, I want an apology for treating this community with such disrespect. There used to be this thing called "goodwill" that was considered a tangible asset on a businesses' ledgers. If it still exists, NCSoft needs to move it to the liability column because it's got to be a negative number. 

NA always tends to have a "forget you, I got mine!" mindset that's pretty disappointing to see. But many are supportive of those who got stuck at 100% so I'm hoping that'll have an impact. It benefits the community as a whole if uplift each other, not turn around and bite those who really gave it their all. 100% is no sleeping feat. It means that person gave it their all only to still be kicked in the face at the end. NC, you are not starving! I saw Johnathans new shoes on stream, you're all doing great!!! Give those with 100% their souls please.

People can't even do TT for a week. There is no better time than now to show that you actually care about your players and want to do something good.

Think long term. Telling those who hit 100% to shove off only loses you those customers and loses faith and respect from other (very long term in my case) paying customers like myself. I could easily drop a lot on trove, but I'm stingy this time around. I don't want to feed a monster. I don't want to support if I know my friend has to feel awful for missing 2 days. I refuse. Please do not take us as fools!!

3 hours ago, Showta said:

NA always tends to have a "forget you, I got mine!" mindset that's pretty disappointing to see. But many are supportive of those who got stuck at 100% so I'm hoping that'll have an impact. It benefits the community as a whole if uplift each other, not turn around and bite those who really gave it their all. 100% is no sleeping feat. It means that person gave it their all only to still be kicked in the face at the end. NC, you are not starving! I saw Johnathans new shoes on stream, you're all doing great!!! Give those with 100% their souls please.

People can't even do TT for a week. There is no better time than now to show that you actually care about your players and want to do something good.

Think long term. Telling those who hit 100% to shove off only loses you those customers and loses faith and respect from other (very long term in my case) paying customers like myself. I could easily drop a lot on trove, but I'm stingy this time around. I don't want to feed a monster. I don't want to support if I know my friend has to feel awful for missing 2 days. I refuse. Please do not take us as fools!!

I do admire your patience, your optimism and your "esprit de corps". And I agree with you. 

Also, I dont think anyone could have understood beforehand that 109%, and not 100%, would be the final goal for the unlucky ones. Hence the disaster (among other reasons many times stated before, so I wont go into them).

I also have stopped feeding the monster for the time being, and I add again my little voice to yours and others' in this petition.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Showta:

THIS!! RIGHT!! HERE!! IS A GREAT IDEA!!! I fully support this and think it would absolutely solve the issue of those stuck at 100% !

Can we do this??

I know you're reading NC!! HEY!! You messed up this patch anyway, so why don't you address it as you fix those issues too?? People can't even do their raid. So it's not like you're not having to fix something else anyway. This would be great compensation for messing up again!  Don't just try to hide it or hope it goes away on it's own, I'm fighting til the death over this!! I love my friends, I won't let them give up and mope away sadly on their own over this!! If they quit I'll have no one to play with, don't discourage them so bad like this!! Take responsibility for your very straining event-100% should mean SUCCESS, not empty handed!!

What, you wanna pay them money for ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing up? 

41 minutes ago, Granger said:

What, you wanna pay them money for ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing up? 

Blame me, since I am the one who suggested a final bundle of 15 event oils in f10. You do have a point in what you just said. The thing is that on one side I consider what happened unethical, like Skystorm; yet on the other side, I hate to see so many people unfairly frustrated and leaving after their efforts. So I thought that if money is the only language that Ncwest wants to speak, we could maybe negotiate a solution with them that could somehow work for both sides if we players cooperated to help each other. But I don't know. You are also right :/

My soul is on Tiger level so I am not concerned. 

Those players are this close to get an item that would definitely boost their motivation for BnS. Whoever has an Event Soul at 100% should get their Awakened Soul.

NCWest, you should not let your customers feel like their efforts have been in vain. 

5 hours ago, Showta said:

I agree that I want an apology from NCsoft too, but an apology, while that is also definitely desired as well, is insufficient from my perspective. Words are cheap. Only actions will be sufficient for me at this point, and I got my soul, but I am still disgusted by this. Can you imagine NCsoft saying, "Oh... sorry. We could have handled that and a bunch of the past events better, but... we aren't going to DO anything about it. We are sorry though. Maybe the next several will be better... if you are lucky. Don't hold your breath though." That would be the truth of the matter. Is that good enough? A hollow apology? I would say no. If they are actually sorry, then correct it. If they aren't willing to correct it... then they aren't actually that sorry are they?

7 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

The relationship between those who benefited from this event and those who did not seems pretty clear. I benefited because I said "no" the the RNG bs and undisclosed probabilities being presented, and took the opportunity to acquire some sacred vials and pet packs, but I know that most did not. If players had been presented with a clear picture of what to expect I'm sure the numbers would have been different.

IMO, this event was unethical and borderline immoral. There are better ways to motivate customers than waving a carrot under their nose, and being the target of their attempts at psychological/emotional manipulation just pisses me off.

Now there are a lot of people think they're entitled to get the soul because of the effort expended. Personally, I don't want a freebie, I want an apology for treating this community with such disrespect. There used to be this thing called "goodwill" that was considered a tangible asset on a businesses' ledgers. If it still exists, NCSoft needs to move it to the liability column because it's got to be a negative number. 

I agree that I want an apology from NCsoft too, but an apology, while that is also definitely desired as well, is insufficient from my perspective. Words are cheap. Only actions will be sufficient for me at this point, and I got my soul, but I am still disgusted by this. Can you imagine NCsoft saying, "Oh... sorry. We could have handled that and a bunch of the past events better, but... we aren't going to DO anything about it. We are sorry though. Maybe the next several will be better... if you are lucky. Don't hold your breath though." That would be the truth of the matter. Is that good enough? A hollow apology? I would say no. If they are actually sorry, then correct it. If they aren't willing to work to correct it... then they aren't actually that sorry are they?

RNG is the reason why many players quit, it likes an addiction to gambling. Best to stop playing if blade and soul keeps up with the current business model. Becuase in the West, no one likes grinding while in Korea, that is normal.

Lesson learned NCSoft. Never give free stuff like now the oils in advance. Let's ask my magic 8 ball what would happend if you would not gave us the free oils after last pre-patch maintenance. There would be approximaetly same amount of whiners who "somehow ended up with 100% soul without chance to upgrade it (because they can't manage their time well enough to reach their goals ingame lol)." And then boom, you would give us the 15 oils now, today, for example. All the people who ended up with 100% fleeting soul would be unexpectedly salvated. The people would be happy and thankful and praising NCSoft for such gesture. 

TL:DR; The 15 free event oils they gave us were the "100% and nothing" failsafe system. You shouldn't count them with your farmed oils.

3 hours ago, Puffys said:

RNG is the reason why many players quit, it likes an addiction to gambling. Best to stop playing if blade and soul keeps up with the current business model. Becuase in the West, no one likes grinding while in Korea, that is normal.

What do you mean IF Blade and Soul Keeps up with the current business model. They have been since at least February 2018. There is no IF anymore. They already have kept up the current business model in addition to disregarding the community's repeated requests to turn away from it.

6 hours ago, Shintensen said:

My soul is on Tiger level so I am not concerned. 

Those players are this close to get an item that would definitely boost their motivation for BnS. Whoever has an Event Soul at 100% should get their Awakened Soul.

NCWest, you should not let your customers feel like their efforts have been in vain. 

They literally gave the Awakened Soul to everyone who had an event soul at 100% with the 15 free oils. The problem is that even if they gave us 50 free oils, there would be still people with 100% soul made thanks to the free oils demanding another ones. It is a cursed cycle.

Others besides those who didn't get their soul are complaining about the event. I got a soul for my character from this event and I am complaining about the structure of the event because I can recognize that NCSoft West could have handled it much much better.

Most people aren't complaining they didn't get a "free" soul but with the structure of the event and how your effort in earning the Pristine Oils evaporates with each failed soul conversion. Why didn't make NCsoft West make it a flat event currency cost? That way if players found themselves unable to get the soul because they didn't have enough, they could spend the Pristine Oils they went through the effort of earning on other rewards i.e. to be rewarded for their efforts.

This event could have been such an fun and exciting event but with the inclusion of RNG, it became a bitter memory of how harsh MMORPGs can be. Players were penalised for their failures, with some having been better off not even participating in it. Rather than an event that helped motivate players to want to continue progressing, it became a lesson of not immersing oneself too closely with the game. Players do not want events like this - players should not want events like the soul event.

The 15 free oils were not a "failsafe system" against "whiners". They were NCsoft way to "make up" for the misinformation in the description of the event (the statement about the succes rate increasing by 9% every failed try, which was not true). Nowhere was it said or stated that 109%  (and not 100%) would be the final stage for the ones that kept failing. By the time the truth of everything surfaced, many players were too far into the event to turn back, or they would have done so.

About people "not managing their time well enough to reach their goals in game", we are talking about players that were told that this event was made "to help them gear up", and instead found themselves spending hours and hours wiping (because of enraged timers shortened for no reason after, again, misinformation given in the very patch notes), getting kicked from parties to the dungeons required for the event (for not having ap enough... good paradox about an event supposedly designed to help them gear up) and having to reform parties countless times since people kept leaving parties in the middle of a dungeon at the first hint of "we aren't gonna make it first try" or "we might have to spend some time here explaining mechs to newer players and putting up with their learning curve, oh god no"...

... not to mention that two of the required dungeons (IF and EL) should have never been included in an event that again was, supposedly, meant to help low and mid tier players to face higher content. Instead it swallowed in disproportionate gulps their time, the fun that they could have had playing the game, and the little amount of gold that they can earn after the nerf. 

So for the affected players (which in my opinion are all of us, even if we didnt need an awakened soul or participated in the fiasco), this event added insult to injury. A company always cares first about money, and that is fine, but it has to care also about their customers' needs in order to keep them, and treat them fairly. 

2 hours ago, Rea Shinwa said:

The 15 free oils were not a "failsafe system" against "whiners". They were NCsoft way to "make up" for the misinformation in the description of the event (the statement about the succes rate increasing by 9% every failed try, which was not true). Nowhere was it said or stated that 109%  (and not 100%) would be the final stage for the ones that kept failing. By the time the truth of everything surfaced, many players were too far into the event to turn back, or they would have done so.

About people "not managing their time well enough to reach their goals in game", we are talking about players that were told that this event was made "to help them gear up", and instead found themselves spending hours and hours wiping (because of enraged timers shortened for no reason after, again, misinformation given in the very patch notes), getting kicked from parties to the dungeons required for the event (for not having ap enough... good paradox about an event supposedly designed to help them gear up) and having to reform parties countless times since people kept leaving parties in the middle of a dungeon at the first hint of "we aren't gonna make it first try" or "we might have to spend some time here explaining mechs to newer players and putting up with their learning curve, oh god no"...

... not to mention that two of the required dungeons (IF and EL) should have never been included in an event that again was, supposedly, meant to help low and mid tier players to face higher content. Instead it swallowed in disproportionate gulps their time, the fun that they could have had playing the game, and the little amount of gold that they can earn after the nerf. 

So for the affected players (which in my opinion are all of us, even if we didnt need an awakened soul or participated in the fiasco), this event added insult to injury. A company always cares first about money, and that is fine, but it has to care also about their customers' needs in order to keep them, and treat them fairly. 

I completely agree.  I was never able to get into an EL group and only a few IL groups.  The 'Free' oils I did not even know about until half way through, not sure when that notification went out.

I can now end up with ONE vial but that is not even enough to upgrade my should one level.  If I had known there was no chance of me getting the soul I would have used my oils to get more vials to get an actual upgrade.

Here would be my suggestions on what NCsoft could do.

Option #1. Everyone who has non completed souls may salvage those souls and get all the pristine astral oils that they put into that soul back and then spend those pristine astral oils on other things in the dragon express from the event. Those people wouldn't get the soul, but they could buy quite a few sacred vials which would put them a good bit closer to the soul they wanted, but hey... they didn't do the event as hard, so they DO get to upgrade their soul a pretty good way, but not as far as the people who were more dedicated.

Option #2. Change the price of the permanent soul in the dragon express such that everyone with a stage 6 soul can turn it in for the permanent version regardless of what percentage it is at, thus negating the RNG mechanic that should have never been there in the first place. The problem with this is that everyone who DID grind out the full soul is now being told that all those extra pristine astral oils and all their additional effort wasn't actually important. We can't have that, so I would suggest that all souls can be salvaged, use the antique system, or maybe you just submit a ticket, and they revert it for you. If you salvage / revert the thing, they give you pristine astral oils equivalent to what it took to make the thing plus some arbitrary amount of gold that approximately compensates you for the money you spent (maybe not exact, but close). Then you could make 1 stage 6 soul with 0% upgrade mileage. Then you buy the permenant soul MUCH cheaper than you did the first time since the dragon express reduced the price of the permanent soul to a stage 6 rather than a Brilliant Fleeting (effectively a stage 7) Soul. Then you would have a ton of leftover pristine astral oils, which you could spend as you see fit on the rest of the event. Buy some gems and salvage them into honeymoon gem powder, or buy some more sacred vials to put toward upgrading your soul even further. Maybe buy the outfit.

Additionally: What if your soul was already above the level that the event handed out? The event was useless to you, but NCsoft is effectively punishing you for whaling and paying them tons of money for all those sacred vials (sacred oils since that is what they were called at the time). NCsoft punishing people for whaling is telling whales, "You fool! Why did you pay us money!? You paid us a lot, but if you just would have waited, we would have handed you a soul of this level!" That is discouraging whales from paying NCsoft in the future.

Also consider if you are someone like me who had a soul that was SOMEWHAT upgraded, but lower than the soul they offered for the event? Yes, I got the soul, but now what do I do with my old one? Resealing it and sending it to an alt is far too expensive. I am not going to throw it away. I spent too much on it, so it is just going to sit in my bank forever as a reminder to never put effort into upgrading, but instead sit around and wait for NCsoft to hand me the upgrade? That discourages people from playing, and instead, encourages them to sit around and just check in every so often to see what the most recent welfare handout it, which isn't even the way people want to play the game. For example... why should you upgrade your pet aura with pet pods? You should probably just sit around and wait for NCsoft to do another event similar to the soul event that just ended, and wait for them to offer a legendary pet aura. If you put money into upgrading it by buying pet pods / pet packs, and then they offer a pet aura upgrade event, you would have wasted your money upgrading your pet aura.

Also consider if you are a new player who starts the game 3 months from now, you have to upgrade your soul the hard way. Even with the cost reduction, sacred oils are expensive. You are never going to catch up at this point, and you will have a hard time getting parties because you don't have at least X AP, which you would have if you had the soul from this event, but the event is over, so there is no way for you to get it.

So what do to about THAT?

Well people who already had a better soul than the event offered, they obviously wouldn't buy another soul from the event, so they probably just bought more sacred vials, which they probably got quite a few of to put towards their existing soul, so that is most likely ok, and if they chose not to participate in the event then... the sacred vials were there if they chose to earn them. Sorry.

As for the people with souls that were partially upgraded but those resources were wasted since NCsoft offered this improved soul, I say NCsoft should let people salvage the soul to get the upgrade costs they put into it back. Then they can put those upgrade materials towards the improved legendary soul that NCsoft handed out. That way the players who invested some resources into a soul previously didn't waste those resources.

As for new players who start playing 3 months from now, or ... people who want to start that new class that NCsoft is working on when that comes out... gosh I don't even know. Warrior is the name of the new class? Why would you make one? You won't have the soul. You will be so far behind you will never catch up. NCsoft makes a new class. No one makes one because it isn't worth the effort to catch up? Bad business model! Maybe we should just hand out legendary souls as part of the quest line? Free legendary souls for all? That would be REALLY slapping NCsoft's paying customers in the face for being stupid enough to pay them any money though, so that isn't really smart either, but investing developmental effort into a new class this late in the game when the game is THIS "alt" unfriendly? That seems foolish. The only use for an alt in this game is a slave used to generate resources to gear up your main and that is only if you have the time for that. I say that as though NCsoft hasn't already slapped their paying whale customers in the face JUST NOW for buying all those sacred oils earlier, and then offering this event though. I have the soul. I didn't pay for it. Other people did. How is that fair? Why would a whale continue paying NCsoft money after watching NCsoft hand a soul to me when they had to pay so much for it? I will also point out that they never should have had to pay so much for it in the first place, and if they did pay that much for a video game, then they are a fool.

So NCsoft is has a bad business model that simultaneously encourages spending, and then later discourages spending by penalizing you for having done it by handing out all the stuff you paid for to everyone else later who waited. Whales are fools for paying when stuff will be handed to them if they just wait. You should just play this game casually, and lets all be a bunch of poor welfare recipients together? Things will be handed to you, but probably a year after they come out. Just play the game 1 year behind the curve, and it will be a great game. Let's all start running Shattered Masts, and Cold Storage, and Avalanche Den, and stuff again? Is that the lesson here? I say that, but that kind of is what you are going to do to a degree if you didn't get the soul because maybe you don't have 1100 ap.

How about we just have a smooth curve that doesn't get exponential in difficulty to climb, that isn't missing rungs in the ladder, and that steadily rewards effort at a satisfying rate, and isn't confusing about which path you should take (upgrade paths) and doesn't penalize you monetarily for choosing the wrong one, and that doesn't lock you into that path (which elemental path you chose).

Speaking of elemental paths, why would NCsoft make a class with 2 elemental play styles, and then cut the versatility of their classes in half by making you choose 1 elemental path? That is idiotic! That is taking a class that can be fun and flavorful in changing the way it plays to keep it feeling fresh, and removing that aspect. That is effectively removing content.

On 6/18/2018 at 8:29 PM, Showta said:

This is very depressing to see
Can't something be done? It would be very very cruel to leave those who are at 100% with nothing. Maybe they could change the express tab to be able to exchange 100% for the soul??  Please don't make players suffer like this, it's unbearable

This event was not only depressing, it was insulting. I feel like I can no longer trust B & S. 

6 hours ago, Bleys said:

All these replies and nothing was offered to the 100% people... If support doesnt help im done with this game, this is too depressing. 

They didn't help me. As far as I know, they haven't helped anyone with 100% soul. But good luck, sincerely. 

And yeah, I lost interest in the game too after this. 

This thread needs more attention. There's a lot of interesting points being brought up, it'd be nice if there's a big compilation thread of everything that's going wrong and suggestions for improvement. I started a draft of notes a while back, but while editing it, realized that I had zero crickets left to give and deleted the file. 

The sad thing is that they keep baiting people with pretty words and empty promises, and we keep falling for it. Things like this soul event need a fix now, in the present tense, immediately, and not in a future event that 'will be better'. Because it won't, and the more that can be swept under the carpet after each mess up, the more it validates their milking strategy and pave the way for the next mess to be swept away just as casually. Unfortunately too many people are blinded by the trove event that's going on right now, providing even more of an opportunity to bury this out of sight and out of mind.

Never before has another event made me so sick of the game. It is draining, demoralizing, and an incredible waste of time. Personally, due to burning out on this, various nerfs, and the final kicker: trolling RNG support, I've stopped playing altogether. Sadly, I don't believe it will get any better. I am only glad that I stopped before gambling my recent bonus on the trove. Best wishes to everyone on some form of retribution for the soul!

On 6/22/2018 at 10:44 AM, SilentOne said:

Lesson learned NCSoft. Never give free stuff like now the oils in advance. Let's ask my magic 8 ball what would happend if you would not gave us the free oils after last pre-patch maintenance. There would be approximaetly same amount of whiners who "somehow ended up with 100% soul without chance to upgrade it (because they can't manage their time well enough to reach their goals ingame lol)." And then boom, you would give us the 15 oils now, today, for example. All the people who ended up with 100% fleeting soul would be unexpectedly salvated. The people would be happy and thankful and praising NCSoft for such gesture. 

TL:DR; The 15 free event oils they gave us were the "100% and nothing" failsafe system. You shouldn't count them with your farmed oils.

Wow... this is just ... WOW. Is common logic such a rarity now?

"because they can't manage their time well enough to reach their goals ingame lol" - ... Yes, LOL indeed. How do you plan a RNG upgrade? Many players were hoping to get their soul in the first few tries, but "RNG God" was not with them. So some players who got their Soul on the 2nd try, spent 30 oils on awakening. Other spent.. what... 100 oils.. AND STILL DIDN'T GET IT! How is this a fair event? And how do you "manage your time" for this? 

The reason they introduced this was to ensure that only some people are able to get the soul. After all, getting it the normal way would cost what.. thousands of gold? I mean people still need to buy NCoin after all.

Events should be FUN. They should not be a CHORE. They should not be CRAPPY RNG. Anybody failing to realize this basic premise might as well leave the damn planet.

This thread is a joke. There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.

Y’all trying to be top tier player without grinding or paying? Go play LoL maybe. 

It’s funny how those people have the time to write such a long whining post... go grind or get a job to p2w

Archived