The Event is comming to an end, and i still havent got my legendary soul, OTHERS DIDNT TOO !

Tekoek0911

This is no fair at all. This is a scam? This is no good.

I am currently at the Stage 6 of the heroic event soul.

I just wonder why you make an event like this? like why not make you get your soul with gruanteed evoulution? why?

Do i need to say that BNS is p2w?

At least give us a refund for the gold we spent...

Thanks.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is your fault that you did not grind hard enough ~ you are getting free legendary soul why most of the people spent around thousands of gold to obtain and you here complain about 100 g maximum loss , i starting to hate this community full of crying babies tbh ~ grow up your fault that you didn't grind harder 

10 minutes ago, GrimmxD said:

it is your fault that you did not grind hard enough ~ you are getting free legendary soul why most of the people spent around thousands of gold to obtain and you here complain about 100 g maximum loss , i starting to hate this community full of crying babies tbh ~ grow up your fault that you didn't grind harder 

there is always a critic lol

Im not overly concerned since i got the soul on my main FM and my summoner. Was trying for two other characters and almost got to 100 percent on one of them so i feel these people. Its not easy when some of the newer players cant get into runs for IF and EL. Even a lot of people asking for 1.1k and raven weapon in NS which in my opinion is stupid. i can understand IF and EL i suppose but then again in my static group we four man IF and EL without issue even with  a couple of us under 1.1k on our alts with bale 9/10 weapons. Key thing is just knowing mechanics. All i can tell the new players so that they dont have issues in the future, find a clan and/or static group that is not full of elitist and willing to help out. Keep in mind tho dont go into a clan expecting a free ride/carry. You still have to work for what you get. There are a lot of us in game willing to help you out but if we see you not trying and just doing things to get carrys then you could lose that help fast. I for one will only help those willing to help themselves. 

15 minutes ago, GrimmxD said:

It is my fault that a tornado came through and knocked the power out for 4 days and internet out for 8?  wow nice to know I am a God! 

As far as grinding....   I ran EVERY since oil dungeon and raid, every single day.  I even Reset raids. 

My soul ended with 97% on the mileage counter with no tries left to do (even with the free oils), just another bullshit event from a stupid company, where luck is rewarded and not hard work.    At least give us the option to break down the oils we used on the stupid soul so we can spend them on event items...

il be stuck at 100% with like 12 oils. TBH when i realized im not getting it i even lost all desire to log in.  I don think ill be girding for 3 month to get a soul after i already grinned for a month and lost it like this. Perhaps ill shoot some quake until some better game comes along... this event could have been much better executed

I tried grind hard.. not missing event dailies. yet luck suck that made me 100% and got soul.  problems ? I ended up wasting oils for that 100% mileage.  Others lucky enough to get their soul the first try can obviously got more merchandise from the events. i feel betrayed :PoharanConfused: this is not a greed.. it's just sad that it seems thanks to RNG.. "Efforts won't betray result" is no longer true.

I am exactly at 91% with just one attempt left, I wont have enough event oils for more. I know how this is going to end... 100% and no soul. And the effort I've naively put into this event... it has been a torture for me, and a mistake I will never repeat again. And yes, I will take a vacation from the game after this, and spend my time in more useful, productive, rewarding and/or fun things. At least I learned a lesson.

We are quite a few now on board of this Ship of Fools. It is sad, to be honest. 

55 minutes ago, THE SINGLE CRIMSON IN SSP said:

uVAwAVI.png

Almost made it.

https://youtu.be/eVTXPUF4Oz4?t=53

This is very depressing to see
Can't something be done? It would be very very cruel to leave those who are at 100% with nothing. Maybe they could change the express tab to be able to exchange 100% for the soul??  Please don't make players suffer like this, it's unbearable

It's a little sad I couldnt play for half the event, but I exchanged for oil, and think that this isn't all my life is. Don't get too angry, and just think of this as a side game that always will trigger anger and dissapointment. 

This is one of the reasons why I dislike these kinds of events... Although it's very good and beneficial for most players, it puts a strain on their mental health and desire to play the game. These kinds of event are burn-out inducing and while they do succeed in what they are set out to do: keeping the players logging in and playing, in the long haul they'll wear the players out. It's these kinds of event that slowly buildup a lot of rage and toxicity for many players.  

Look, an awakened soul is very good, nobody can deny that - it's the 2nd biggest dps increase (the first being either going raven from baleful or upgrading bracelet to 10 depending on class). To get it for cheap is very nice, especially when gold income has been nerfed and recent events didn't give much oils anymore . No, this soul is not given free like some of you here are saying, because you actually have to work for it - at best it's more of a  good discount/shortcut/grindskip. But free is it not, not even close. 

However, such fat reward comes with a giant catch, and that is RNG + Grind.

To get the soul you either have to be lucky, or have to log in every day to do certain dungeons to get enough oils in case you are not. Gamers have always been known for taking the most efficient way out / squeezing out as much rewards as possible / maximizing rewards from a quest & event. It's a known tendency and can be easily manipulated. So naturally when the game dangles the soul (a very nice reward indeed) in front of a player like that, he would for sure force himself through hell to get it -  which means logging in daily even when he doesn't want to play because he can't afford to miss one day if RNG doesn't bless him. Effectively that turns this game into his part time job, an obligation, not something of recreation nature.

And therefore, the game indirectly manipulates that player into forcing himself to play against his own will. This is just another psychological manipulation trick that we've seen so many times in Eastern MMORPGs, mobile games and apps, advertising, etc.... This may not instantly, but slowly, would tarnish the game in that player's eyes. This is why the majority of players on reddit don't recommend this game to other people (including their friends) whenever the question "would you recommend this game to...?" is brought up. Or most would only recommend you to finish the story and fly off.

Last year there was one event like this one, and that was the One year anniversary event at around January/February. So far, it still remains "the worst event ever" for me after 1.5 year I've been playing this game. It was at the time when Gems were hard to come by and it was the first time NC introduced Hexagonal Diamond +36ap (which is now square diamond) for Event rewards. Because the majority of players only had square diamond (+20ap) and penta diamond (+25 ap) so naturally they tried hard to get that sweet AP. This event would have you run ALL the dungeons available at the time (from Lair of Frozen Fang to Naryu Foundry) for event tokens to trade for the gems and naturally the players did. After the event was over, many players just kinda stopped logging in.

The One year anniversary event was the one event that first truly coined the phrase "purple train," because it truly was one. From lair of frozen fang to Desolate tomb there were like 8 or 9 dungeons. EVERY DAY NON STOP for a month. It got real tired real fast. Coupled with that was the release of BT (Skybreak Spire) and many clan dramas and clan breaking ensued, cliques formed, friendships broken, etc... These 2 things combined saw quite a bit of players leaving the game. 

From then on purple train started appearing more and more for events, sometimes it lasted 4 dungeons sometimes 5, sometimes included PvP, but never 8 - 9 dungeons like that again. Of course lair of frozen fang and NEcro are easy these days, but back then, players were much weaker so they still took time (this was before raven weapons and bracelet.)

If you are interested I think the second big exodus was around the release of IF + true cosmic/transcendence Soul (ironically it was IF again... :giggle:).

If you are also curious about the worst events the game has ever had, I think it'd be: One year anniversary purple train, Candy cloud event (the laser dodging was laggy as hell), to some people the second nebula stone - pvp event. And now I think for some of you, this should probably be added into the list, some would probably hate this event like I hate the one year anni purple train, I don't know. I myself didn't really do this event because my RNG sucks so yeah, but I think I can imagine.

TL DR: Players can endure & enjoy grinding, but only in reasonable amount. Push them too hard and NC'd see they quit. This kind of event really does push the players, really does put a toll on a player's desire to play and it adds up, so NC should be careful with these types of purple train event imo. The dosage should be reasonable. At least this next nebula event is gonna be much better as far as rewards assurance goes so bless all of you. :victory:

13 hours ago, Tekoek0911 said:

This is no fair at all. This is a scam? This is no good.

I am currently at the Stage 6 of the heroic event soul.

I just wonder why you make an event like this? like why not make you get your soul with gruanteed evoulution? why?

Do i need to say that BNS is p2w?

At least give us a refund for the gold we spent...

Thanks.

i got mine the first attempt from stage 6. Now i cna have 2 souls :D

Hi, I find myself in the same situation. I'm gonna finish the event with 100%chance and 12 oil left.

To those who claim that "I didn't grind enough" I'd like to point out that to reach such a result it means I barely skipped a few days in a 5 weeks event. I'm fine with the RNG, not jealous if someone get the soul before me, but a bit more of time margin would have been nice...no...Right is the correct word.

Furthermore, it's disappointing that wrong information (unclear at the least) were given during the stream. I start doubting what have been advertised when I was way past 50%chance and heard a lot of players being in the same spot...too late in my opinion to stop trying.

Anyway, instead of getting mad about it, I decided to follow a more 'cold-businness-oriented' approach for the future. You don't provide the service I expect, I don't pay anymore. I'm sure it's gonna hurt more than any complain I could offer, while still enjoying nearly as much of the game as a freeloader. Time will say who's gonna get the short end of the stick.

This upgrade soul event should not be exist. Just trade it with oil or materials as usual event already good and fair to everyone. But putting RnG on event is just rude.

I got mine on alt finally. My main soon awakened tiger so I'm good.

I feel bad to everyone who cannot make it to make brilliant soul. It really hurts so much.

5 hours ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

This is one of the reasons why I dislike these kinds of events... Although it's very good and beneficial for most players, it puts a strain on their mental health and desire to play the game. These kinds of event are burn-out inducing and while they do succeed in what they are set out to do: keeping the players logging in and playing, in the long haul they'll wear the players out. It's these kinds of event that slowly buildup a lot of rage and toxicity for many players.  

Look, an awakened soul is very good, nobody can deny that - it's the 2nd biggest dps increase (the first being either going raven from baleful or upgrading bracelet to 10 depending on class). To get it for cheap is very nice, especially when gold income has been nerfed and recent events didn't give much oils anymore . No, this soul is not given free like some of you here are saying, because you actually have to work for it - at best it's more of a  good discount/shortcut/grindskip. But free is it not, not even close. 

However, such fat reward comes with a giant catch, and that is RNG + Grind.

To get the soul you either have to be lucky, or have to log in every day to do certain dungeons to get enough oils in case you are not. Gamers have always been known for taking the most efficient way out / squeezing out as much rewards as possible / maximizing rewards from a quest & event. It's a known tendency and can be easily manipulated. So naturally when the game dangles the soul (a very nice reward indeed) in front of a player like that, he would for sure force himself through hell to get it -  which means logging in daily even when he doesn't want to play because he can't afford to miss one day if RNG doesn't bless him. Effectively that turns this game into his part time job, an obligation, not something of recreation nature.

And therefore, the game indirectly manipulates that player into forcing himself to play against his own will. This is just another psychological manipulation trick that we've seen so many times in Eastern MMORPGs, mobile games and apps, advertising, etc.... This may not instantly, but slowly, would tarnish the game in that player's eyes. This is why the majority of players on reddit don't recommend this game to other people (including their friends) whenever the question "would you recommend this game to...?" is brought up. Or most would only recommend you to finish the story and fly off.

Last year there was one event like this one, and that was the One year anniversary event at around January/February. So far, it still remains "the worst event ever" for me after 1.5 year I've been playing this game. It was at the time when Gems were hard to come by and it was the first time NC introduced Hexagonal Diamond +36ap (which is now square diamond) for Event rewards. Because the majority of players only had square diamond (+20ap) and penta diamond (+25 ap) so naturally they tried hard to get that sweet AP. This event would have you run ALL the dungeons available at the time (from Lair of Frozen Fang to Naryu Foundry) for event tokens to trade for the gems and naturally the players did. After the event was over, many players just kinda stopped logging in.

The One year anniversary event was the one event that first truly coined the phrase "purple train," because it truly was one. From lair of frozen fang to Desolate tomb there were like 8 or 9 dungeons. EVERY DAY NON STOP for a month. It got real tired real fast. Coupled with that was the release of BT (Skybreak Spire) and many clan dramas and clan breaking ensued, cliques formed, friendships broken, etc... These 2 things combined saw quite a bit of players leaving the game. 

From then on purple train started appearing more and more for events, sometimes it lasted 4 dungeons sometimes 5, sometimes included PvP, but never 8 - 9 dungeons like that again. Of course lair of frozen fang and NEcro are easy these days, but back then, players were much weaker so they still took time (this was before raven weapons and bracelet.)

If you are interested I think the second big exodus was around the release of IF + true cosmic/transcendence Soul (ironically it was IF again... :giggle:).

If you are also curious about the worst events the game has ever had, I think it'd be: One year anniversary purple train, Candy cloud event (the laser dodging was laggy as hell), to some people the second nebula stone - pvp event. And now I think for some of you, this should probably be added into the list, some would probably hate this event like I hate the one year anni purple train, I don't know. I myself didn't really do this event because my RNG sucks so yeah, but I think I can imagine.

TL DR: Players can endure & enjoy grinding, but only in reasonable amount. Push them too hard and NC'd see they quit. This kind of event really does push the players, really does put a toll on a player's desire to play and it adds up, so NC should be careful with these types of purple train event imo. The dosage should be reasonable. At least this next nebula event is gonna be much better as far as rewards assurance goes so bless all of you. :victory:

I cant agree more. I wont be playing during the next event though, because this one killed me at last, after playing loyally (and being premium) since NA/EU launch. 

I'll have one last chance after tonight's dailies but it will only be at like 70% if it falls which seems almost a 100% gurentee at this point. The success rates of this even were encreibly low. I have seen very few people actually get the soul in only a few tries everyone else has been forced to go all the way to the 100% no fail.

This event was a joke

33 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

I'll have one last chance after tonight's dailies but it will only be at like 70% if it falls which seems almost a 100% gurentee at this point. The success rates of this even were encreibly low. I have seen very few people actually get the soul in only a few tries everyone else has been forced to go all the way to the 100% no fail.

This event was a joke

A VERY bad joke. Two of my characters have ended up at 80% +, with no more chances. The third is at 91% and will have one last chance to get to... 100%. Because no one told me in time that to get a guaranteed reward (soul) you needed 109% instead of 100%, or else I would never have tried. 

I am sorry if my words are bitter, I really loved this game, but I feel extremely tired and discouraged after so much effort (it was, for me), seeing that all I will get is nothing, minus the little gold I managed to earn running those event dungeons.

And by the way, I thank people like @Ludicium, @Jack Valentand @Showta(they arent the only ones, but those come to mind now cause of this thread) for being sympathetic towards players in my case or similar, as I am very grateful to the high level players that helped lower geared ones to go through IF and EL's nightmares, explaining mechanics and making a clear possible (Jinsoyun). They were a minority but I did not believe they existed, until I met them. 

I wish NCsoft was/had been as understanding as you guys were.

It's normal that things like this happen ... I play on this server since it opened, from the first day and what I can say about what's happening until today, is that every time, the events are focused more on exploiting the playing time of people with a minimum of real reward. boys we are not naive, for us this is a game, for them it is not, we do not complain, we all know how we use our time, this is a vice and almost no vice is free. Do events bother you? not partisans of them, which does not mean that this is a hoax for the most naive or credulous who think they are going to give something humble

Well this is where im at as well and I really hope NCSoft is not gonna leave us hanging there. Just give the people who made it to the 100% a free upgrade or extend the free oils for another week. Come on..

21oao0i.jpg

Archived