Horuify

Costumes, Outfit Stamps, Alts and You.

Horuify   

Why are we still paying to send costumes we already purchased with cash or a lot of gold to other characters?
I totally understand that they want our money. Fair enough. But can't we have something less in your face?

I'm sure most will agree with me here. You invest a lot in a character and after a while you want to play another character. Why can't the costumes be account-bound and tradable between characters at will? What will NCLoft be actually losing here? A few cents on the dollar? Is that REALLY more important than making the life of people that will potentially invest in your game in more meaningful ways better?

Every time I think about having to get hongmoon coins just to transfer a costume to an Alt it gives me a tiny stroke.
It's like NCLoft is intentionally making their player's quality of life in the game worse because they want to.

It's a simple matter. I don't have much to say about this. It makes no sense to me in terms of profit. If the costume is mine, it's mine. If it's account bound I should be able to transfer the costume to all my characters without having to pay those few cents on the dollar.

It's things like this that make me not want to actually invest money in the game. Why be so greedy?

I agree to an extent, but..Costumes used to be character bound only. Meaning, If you made a new character, You had to re-buy the costume. When they introduced the stamps, It was the best thing ever tbh lol. I lost several costumes by changing characters way back when. Trust me..The stamps are an improvement.

Belido   

I think it's because they rather want to make the players to purchase another copy of the costume instead of just sending it between the toons, as you want/need it.  For the same reason they probably have a good laugh about those players here, who are still suggesting a account wide wardrobe. Personally I did just adjusted, I bought a proper amount of costumes to keep my toons dressed well and with the recent changes I retired quite some alts/accounts anyway, so right atm I got more the enough costumes for the three toons I still do DC (daily chores :sick:) with.

ombremq   
il y a 6 minutes, PinUpDoll a dit :

I agree to an extent, but..Costumes used to be character bound only. Meaning, If you made a new character, You had to re-buy the costume. When they introduced the stamps, It was the best thing ever tbh lol. I lost several costumes by changing characters way back when. Trust me..The stamps are an improvement.

Stop coming with the same argument like if they introduced this "stamp" thingy week ago, this game is now almost 3years old, and they still thinking that a good idea to keep people pay tor trade outfifs but its not, at launch that was cool but when you end up years later with 50+outfifs its almost a game breaking feature, most of people stoped dont care about outfifs anymore they all know where they end up, in wardrobe unable to trade, and not being able to change outfif and test few on other alts/class/race because you have to pay for every single one of them, not helping to find the motivation to play the game.

1 minute ago, ombremq said:

Stop coming with the same argument like if they introduced this "stamp" thingy week ago, this game is now almost 3years old, and they still thinking that a good idea to keep people pay tor trade outfifs but its not, at launch that was cool but when you end up years later with 50+outfifs its almost a game breaking feature, most of people stoped dont care about outfifs anymore they all know where they end up, in wardrobe unable to trade, and not being able to change outfif and test few on other alts/class/race because you have to pay for every single one of them, not helping to find the motivation to play the game.

I'm not coming with the "same argument" I just stated my opinion lol. It's better than it used to be..That's all I said. Sorry that you don't agree with my opinion. I can say, I have honestly stopped making alts at this point. This game is pretty alt unfriendly anyways..In my opinion. ^_^ 

ombremq   
il y a 19 minutes, PinUpDoll a dit :

I'm not coming with the "same argument" I just stated my opinion lol. It's better than it used to be..That's all I said. Sorry that you don't agree with my opinion. I can say, I have honestly stopped making alts at this point. This game is pretty alt unfriendly anyways..In my opinion. ^_^ 

But you have to understand that its not better than it used to be, since this feature is now totally useless, its a company they have to think what can they improve to make this game less boring & more attractive, paying to trade outfif already paid, first of all shouldnt exist, trying to trade 3/4 outfifs why not, paying to trade 50+ outfifs years later is outrageous and when i see that im not conveincing myself "hey its better than it used to be, they added this feature years ago and now slacking since 2years...progress"

27 minutes ago, ombremq said:

But you have to understand that its not better than it used to be, since this feature is now totally useless, its a company they have to think what can they improve to make this game less boring & more attractive, paying to trade outfif already paid, first of all shouldnt exist, trying to trade 3/4 outfifs why not, paying to trade 50+ outfifs years later is outrageous and when i see that im not conveincing myself "hey its better than it used to be, they added this feature years ago and now slacking since 2years...progress"

It's all about money. I'm just glad we at least have the stamp option now. It'd be great if they would just let us send them from character to character without stamps, I agree with that. I just don't see it happening tbh. 

Kozuki   

I would love to have free outfit mailing or monthly allowance of outfit delivery stamps for premiumship.

Also, outfit delivery stamps in Daily Dash would be nice too.

Or, when purchase an outfit, you should get the same amount of stamps that are used to deliver that whole outfit bundle once in case you don't like it on the character. Like if you buy Hustle with an outfit and 3 adornments, it should be given along with 6+3+3+3=18 outfit stamps.

3 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

I would love to have free outfit mailing or monthly allowance of outfit delivery stamps for premiumship.

+1 This would be great! ^_^ 

Riss77   

No no no, when I buy clothes for myself, if I ever want to give it to my family I pay again. Makes sense ? /sarcasm

To be honest when my friend explained me the first time that if I wanted to trade outfits I bought between chars I had to pay stamps I was kinda lost.

Corvenir   
9 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Or, when purchase an outfit, you should get the same amount of stamps that are used to deliver that whole outfit bundle once in case you don't like it on the character. Like if you buy Hustle with an outfit and 3 adornments, it should be given along with 6+3+3+3=18 outfit stamps.

I would BUY premium membership again if this happened. Honestly free outfit mailing in premium should be a thing!

(I dunno give it a reasonable cool down on use, if your still trying to maintain the need for stamps)

Edited by Corvenir
Adding

Tomass   

I absolutely agree that the stamps should get removed!

I understand that in the past it was a nice to switch a few costumes but it too inconvenient nowadays. People have accumulated over hundred of costumes or even more. Now when they want to reroll or switch to another character, they are greatly disabled. :( So they are pressured to play the old character they don’t enjoy that much anymore and might eventually leave the game! It has even more negative impact, I know I will reroll to the new warrior class so I am not encouraged to buy the current costumes or even trove since it makes it stuck to a particular character I will leave.

Solution: 

- remove stamps

- reduce stamps to 1 for an adorement and 2 for an outfit

- make it free for premium users, which would even boost the sales and both sides would be happy :wink:

Khaen   

I'm always amused and yet appalled at how easily appeased people can be of the smallest crumb doled out to them. This apologist mentality is what enables the current milking strategy to proliferate so far. 

There are many games out there with freely trade-able cash shop cosmetics and outfits, not even bound to account. It's up to the players to decide what they would accept as their bounding box and their leash. 

Personally I've only used the stamps once or twice in the two years since they first came out. Once I lose interest in my main, I reckon I'll be done and that'll be that. 

:YeharaBig:

MLGhost   

a shared wardrobe would be amazing, but those who have purchased multiples of the same outfit in the past would want some sort of compensation as to why they had to buy more than one if their characters could eventually freely share. i would probably be one of them as there are quite a few outfits i've bought multiples of in the past: though i could keep the duplicates on their respective characters, there really is no reason why (if a shared wardrobe were to exist) you can't just have 1 of each outfit and share between them.

on the other hand, i think that outfits bought from F10 should be marked as account bound without a required stamp value to send to other characters...you've already paid for it, you should be able to use it freely (restrictions should apply such as those heavily discounted outfit rng boxes that i personally LOVE because it gives me a chance at missed outfits that were too expensive before when they first came out). event items should keep the stamps as they've made 0 dollar value for ncsoft and it's only fair to either do the event on multiple characters or be required to pay a fee to move said event outfit.

Chrysan   

Support Stamp Removal. (especially Outfit from STORE.)

I've been purchasing outfit since 2016, rarely missing anything. But I kept them in reward box because I cannot decide which char to wear. Some of them has been in reward box for month. 

Please remove the stamp to outfit purchased from store. 

From HMStore, it's ideal to have only 1 copy of outfit purchase-able through out account. Stop people from accidentally purchase 2. 

I don't have a problem to have regional and event outfit to pay stamps.

HateMe   
On 6/13/2018 at 4:45 PM, Belido said:

I think it's because they rather want to make the players to purchase another copy of the costume instead of just sending it between the toons, as you want/need it.  For the same reason they probably have a good laugh about those players here, who are still suggesting a account wide wardrobe. Personally I did just adjusted, I bought a proper amount of costumes to keep my toons dressed well and with the recent changes I retired quite some alts/accounts anyway, so right atm I got more the enough costumes for the three toons I still do DC (daily chores :sick:) with.

Actually no, the stamps were added on request of the players back then who spammed forum with "i would even pay money to mail my costumes to alts" so they added the feature.

@Horuify

This is not greed....its the opposite, its called conveniance. Thats what most games earn money on. It doesnt prevent your game progress, it doesnt impact your gameplay, it doesnt alter your characters stats, its purely cosmetic. So if YOU want it on another character YOU should pay for it.

I for one am guilty of saying , "I would pay to be able to send costumes" it's my fault. BUT it should definitely be a perk for premium members to be able to do it at-will!

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, Kozuki said:

There was a questionnaire recently ( I think like 2 months ago) from Bns.  This was one of the "what do you think of This?"  as for a premium perk.  Ever since then, I have been praying for this to become a real perk. I know there are supposed to be changes to premium.  On twitter, Jonathon said that we will hear more about the changes soon.  Crossing fingers this is one of those. 

I have 10 characters.  I would so love to mail outfits between them without having to sell gold to buy stamps.  I am grateful that the stamps exist.  But it would be a really good benefit for us that pay for premium.  Enough stuff was removed from premium that it kind of becomes not a great value.  So this would be amazing.  Maybe even a 30 day free outfit, pet skin, or weapon skin too.  I would love something like that as well.  :D

KASER100   

My option was to make my main the only one with the purchased outfits, and the alts with in game free outfits. Hell if I will pay more to mail a purchased outfit to an alt. Just dont do it, and NC will get the message, or will fall when a better game comes along.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread but, has anyone pointed out already that premium users can buy 20 outfit delivery stamps every month for 0 hm coins in the store? Hm coins tab, then supplies.

Hanuku   

Kind of old thread but I'll add my 2 cents. I feel BnS is kind of in the middle of two extremes I've seen around. My most played MMOs are BnS, GW2 and Tera.

On the good side, GW2 gives full access to all your wardrobe (even the in game earned stuff) to all characters, old and new. Wasn't like this when the game was released but they fixed it later. Full outfits on their shop, once bought, become freely accessible to everyone. Just select and wear. Armor replacer pieces use tokens easily earnable in game. You can also buy/earn colors to fill your color picker and paint your outfits and armor replacer stuff whenever you want. This system I feel is the good extreme.

Another game I played was DC Universe, which had a system that allowed you to keep the visual appearance of any armor you could wear, and you could also paint it at will from a nice RGB pool unlocked at the very beginning of the game, so there's no need to hunt for colors at all.

Tera on the other side is the bad extreme. You buy an outfit and it's bind on equip. If you delete the character later, that outfit is unusable. You can keep it as a reminder, but it's bound to a now deleted character with no way to unbind it. Outfits there are also race and gender locked once you get them out of the box, so if you change your race or gender, now you can't use ANY of your outfits. Coloring outfits in that game is also very limited. Unlike DCU and GW2 which gave you several colors per part, Tera's color picker (a dye item you have to buy/earn so coloring is never really free) works on a single arbitrary section of the outfit. Instead of plain coloring the stuff, your color is pretty much added and mushed over with whatever color the section already has. So you have to fight with the color slider to get an approximate of the color you wanted. And this is an improvement of what they had before, which was a mix of plants for a color that lasted only 7 days and gave you hues only associated with the plant you used. They also removed their old per-part visual armor replacement feature, which was very good. SO now you are left with the plain bad and the awkward in that game.

Now sure, many BnS outfits don't have color pickers, but the outfits here are nice enough so I don't mind it much. Anyway, as a middle of the bunch, at least in my experience, I would vouch for making outfit trading within an account a bit better.

Considering that BnS isn't alt friendly at all (thousands upon thousands of currencies and currency-like items needed to get and upgrade every last piece of end game gear), I can still say that maybe we could do without stamps. Maybe instead of stamps, charge the ncoin/hmcoin directly from the mail itself so we don't have to go through the hassle of buying stamps and waiting for them to load from mail into inventory (because having them drop one by one and getting 8 instead of the 10 you asked for is the 2018 way apparently), so we could finally send our mail. Of course, make Premiums get either charged less or none at all. Still, I understand not all companies would want to give full access to outfits for all your characters. But at least make it easy to deal with what we can do right now.

Grimoir   

@Hanuku

For Tera: If you delete a character, Support can convert the costume for another character on your account. So, any outfit you buy , even if its a deleted character you can still reuse the outfit.

Hanuku   
6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

@Hanuku

For Tera: If you delete a character, Support can convert the costume for another character on your account. So, any outfit you buy , even if its a deleted character you can still reuse the outfit.

I had a friend trying that once, and the support guy just pointed him to a text saying pretty much what I described. Friend quit afterwards.....

Maybe that was a lazy dev, but it seems to end up at the discretion of support to help you or not. Anyway. I don't want to derail this thread with stuff from another game.

Honestly I don't really mind the outfit stamps to an extent. I do think there are several places where the system could be improved though.  Firstly I think the requirements should be lowered.  3 stamps per outfit, 1 stamp for the hair, accessories, and adornments. The amount of outfits available has far exceeded what was available when the system was introduced. Second, I think there should be a way to earn outfit stamps in-game without having to sell gold.  Added to the Celestial Basin peach exchange for example. And lastly, but imo most importantly, weapon and pet skins should be account bound for 2 stamps.