So ...where are the changes? It's been a month now Gold income Worse than Ever

MrCoolStory

• NCSOFT

It is true there has not been a lack of discussion on this from the community's end which is great. We've been exploring the feedback from you guys and comparing that with data on our end. We don't have any finalized changes yet, but we will be announcing some changes in the coming week to help with some of the pain points players are currently experiencing. As always, please continue to share your thoughts on this, as well as any other feedback you guys have as it helps greatly. 

Thank you! 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, the new patch is out and the dungeon rewards are still nerfed, and there have been no announcements that anything will be done to change it. I guess we're just supposed to forget about it and move on, since it's apparently not a priority. 

All the gear upgrade events in the world don't mean squat if you don't have the requisite gold.

Guys, you know that material boxes will drop eventually in Celestial Basin, in which you have a chance to get Elysion orbs, also peaches can be used to change more valuable stuff now, it will save a whole bunch of money.

There is nothing available for peaches that any of my alts can use except for the celestial heart. I'm not going to waste me time standing around in CB hoping that I'll get a decent drop from a field boss. 90% of the time it's just another key fragment or an experience charm.

If you can't get sufficient gold income from dailies the gearing up for new and mid level players is going to come to a grinding halt. 

Yea I agree... the game is getting a bit frustrating because it feels like unless you have alot of real life money you wont be able to progress through the game no matter how much effort you do. There is currently an extremely expensive wall between new players and old players. Which would take years to catch up literally because all the items ( especially Premiums trans stones are about 400g.) 

and to run Ironforge, SM, Ebondrakes lair and above players require you to have 1100 ap or you get kicked.  trying to form my own parties for those, I sometimes spend 40 mins up to an hour trying to form groups yet people just dont want to run with those who are lower than 1100.  

(though some people are generous and stay, but then they leave when the party isn't formed in 10 minutes.) 

One  option here is to take away the premium transformations stone requirement up to raven 7. Since it is part of old content and devs want players to experience the new content, then remove the expenses and balance the game around how much players earn due to difficulty level. 

What it seems to me is that the CEO  is forcing people to pay in order to progress. I know it is buisness, but many buisnesses that have tried this route ultimately end up failing and going broke due to lack of paying customers. 

Games are not supposed to be jobs and forcing players to pay beyond premium is more than frustrating. I say this as someone who paid for prem twice.  

I am very concerned for this game but if this doesn't change., real life says hello and its time to put my gaming gloves in the closet and call it. 

Just my 2 cents

Plenty of other rewarding games, but none of them are open world arcade fighters. Still feels arcady, have to keep pumping in quarters to get close to the endgame.

Thank you for the wallpaper response, we really appreciate the hollow and much iterated copypasta of "we're listening to you, and we promise we aren't laughing at you behind closed doors."

On 6/14/2018 at 6:58 PM, Cyan said:

It is true there has not been a lack of discussion on this from the community's end which is great. We've been exploring the feedback from you guys and comparing that with data on our end. We don't have any finalized changes yet, but we will be announcing some changes in the coming week to help with some of the pain points players are currently experiencing. As always, please continue to share your thoughts on this, as well as any other feedback you guys have as it helps greatly. 

Thank you! 

I feel like the point from hitting Lv55 and progressing to 1.1k AP needs to be looked at, and the ironic thing is the last two catchup events have been pretty 'if you're ahead you get further ahead, if you're behind you get further behind'. The soul event needed Naryu Sanctum, Irontech Forge and Ebondrake Lair. Naryu Sanctum despite being a relatively easy dungeon, still can cause troubles simply from the enrage on Xanos being too quick, Irontech Forge mechanically is extremely confusing and complex for a new player, and there's a very low chance they will be able to get into a party that is good enough to carry them because they will all be in 1k/1.1k+ rooms and Ebondrake Lair while easier than IF, is also very likely to wipe a party without very high DPS if the mechanics aren't understood properly (particularly the Snake and the Harpy) so realistically, how could you expect the newer players to do anything with that event? Particularly when the soul upgrade was RNG at the final stage, ultimately it means the people who have no problem with those three dungeons get a free soul and those that struggle with it get nothing (literally since the soul even had its stats removed if it wasn't able to reach final stage during the event) which are the ones that need the most help. Really terrible design, even something as simple as making the required dungeons change based on gear strength of the character would have made that event perfect. Instead of requiring a newer player to do NS, IF and EL, why not Ebondrake Citadel, Desolate Tomb and Naryu Foundry? All of those three can be LFP'd without much issue and then the higher geared players could have been given IF, EL and SM for the event.

Similarly with this current event, essentially half of the event currency is available to newer players compared to older players despite the newer players needing this to catch up more; work really needs to be done in this regard.

The game is systematically punishing to those that aren't ahead at it's core, you have less stats so you can't get in as many parties, so you can't do as many dungeons, so you can't get as much daily/bidding gold, so you can't do the stat up events, so you can't get progress; meanwhile the player that is already passed this 'stat barrier' has good stats, so he can get into parties quicker and easier, so he gets more daily/bidding gold, so he can do the stat up events, so he can progress even more making the gap increase further and further.

With all of this said, credit needs to be given where it is due, and the addition of gems and the legendary accessories for peaches is a fantastic change but it's really a drop in the sea.

I'm just checking back, I've already stopped playing bns moved back mhw for the PS4.

One step forward with the addition of legendary accessories to the celestial basin

(Still good luck upgrading them 100g+ per accessory)

The trade-off

removal of venture tokens from ToI. (The only people that get them are the top 100, how friggin impossible is that huh?)

I got the soul but I'm still stuck at 1080 AP.

1100AP elitism wall still strong.

Out of gold and out patience, do better or don't bother.

6 hours ago, Corvenir said:

I'm just checking back, I've already stopped playing bns moved back mhw for the PS4.

One step forward with the addition of legendary accessories to the celestial basin

(Still good luck upgrading them 100g+ per accessory)

The trade-off

removal of venture tokens from ToI. (The only people that get them are the top 100, how friggin impossible is that huh?)

I got the soul but I'm still stuck at 1080 AP.

1100AP elitism wall still strong.

Out of gold and out patience, do better or don't bother.

I actually just got on forums to make a threat about TOI.... It looks all tradeble mats have been removed form the reward boxes as well...

I got this for clearing 5 floors, im 300 something

51yb2u.jpg

26 minutes ago, Bleys said:

I actually just got on forums to make a threat about TOI.... It looks all tradeble mats have been removed form the reward boxes as well...

I got this for clearing 5 floors, im 300 something

51yb2u.jpg

stage 1 chests and above have tradable mats, but yeah that sucks idk why they changed it, and of course when they remove something they say nothing about that on patch notes :giggle:

1 minute ago, Yaory said:

stage 1 chests and above have tradable mats, but yeah that sucks idk why they changed it, and of course when they remove something they say nothing about that on patch notes :giggle:

Are there still stages? Cuz i used to get stage 3-4 for the same amount of floors cleared.

8 minutes ago, Bleys said:

Are there still stages? Cuz i used to get stage 3-4 for the same amount of floors cleared.

y idk about floors below 69 cuz i start from f69, but yeah i get stage 6 chest 

They did some changes actually. Look at your weekly Battleground rewards.

In their stream they said they are aware of the current issue on moonstones but instead of helping the players, more nerves have been done. 

The battleground moonstone chest has been removed along with the Keys from daily challenges rewards.

While they ''trying'' to come up with something positive for players, they give us even more hardships.

Fed up with your BullNShit. 

This TOI change is :poop: even for the higher geared people.  i'm high geared player but i'm  not able to get past floor 85.  Which is due to the fact i hate TOI with all my heart and ive not  put much efford on learning attack patterns of NPCs that are able to block /evade / counter every attack perfectly even before i start doing them. So yeah these tokens helped my main a lot every seasons end.  I'm not gonna bother learning this place and i'll stop doing toi all together. I think this was the only reason i was paying for premium since the premium changes made it almost worthless, but for the tokens alone i renewed it. So guess this is 1 less premium for NCsoft from me. 

1 hour ago, Misaki said:

I think this was the only reason i was paying for premium since the premium changes made it almost worthless, but for the tokens alone i renewed it. So guess this is 1 less premium for NCsoft from me. 

Yep, without HM tokens to pop - premium doesn't worth it.

This is maybe the last time i am waiting for some promo week of premium - so i could pop the tokens from the last season. After that - there is no point to even bother.

So, it's been a two weeks. You mentioned an announcement to help the "pains" later this week, on the 14th. We have heard nothing. If you were referring to the event, then it has no helped. It helps very new players slightly. However it isn't permanent. It also doesn't increase gold income in the actual game. The market isn't changing, the only things that are dropping in price are due to trove. Once trove is over they'll jump back up and there still has been no resolution to the gold income to keep up with the market. when you can do pretty much every dungeon and only make (up to) 100g/day without mindless farming for small gold splits (which isn't new gold, just gold transferring from one player to another). Basically the problem isn't resolved. the value of gold is still low for how difficult it is to get and does not appear to be increasing. As someone whos stuck in the vt starter gear (r6, true soul. etc.) It's borderline impossible to increase my gear at a reasonable rate. Making 100g/day when r9 for me would cost nearly 3000g (a month of dailies) that's not including having to bid on items for future upgrades or VT items like badge, soulshields, necklaces. Of course you make a chunk from weeklies, but not a lot. (seems to be around 150g/character atm). The problem is persisting, we were told to expect something and we're still waiting for this supposed "announcement"

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Everandia:

We have heard nothing.

I did though:

26 June 2018

[00:17] joon: more daily gold nerfs

[00:17] joon: oboy oboy

[00:17] joon: We have lowered gold reward from the Daily Quest of Tower of Mushin, Outlaw Island, Sogun's Lament, Cold Storage, Heaven's Mandate

We have increased gold reward from Circle of Sundering Daily Quest

We have lowered gold reward and added Galaxy fragments in the daily quest of EC, DT, NF

We have lowered gold reward from NS, IF, EL, SSM, HH and increased Blackstone fragments

We have increased the amount of Silver Scale Fragments that can be obtained from DD, RT, SST, and Cursed Pirate Ship Daily Quest.

This is appartently translation of patchnotes on KR from a bit ago... I REALLY hope nsoft is smarter than just copypasting this patch also...

2 hours ago, Granger said:

I did though:

26 June 2018

[00:17] joon: We have lowered gold reward from the Daily Quest of Tower of Mushin, Outlaw Island, Sogun's Lament, Cold Storage, Heaven's Mandate

We have lowered gold reward and added Galaxy fragments in the daily quest of EC, DT, NF

We have lowered gold reward from NS, IF, EL, SSM, HH and increased Blackstone fragments

We have increased the amount of Silver Scale Fragments that can be obtained from DD, RT, SST, and Cursed Pirate Ship Daily Quest.

This is appartently translation of patchnotes on KR from a bit ago... I REALLY hope nsoft is smarter than just copypasting this patch also...

Well that pretty much seals the deal. There is no changes coming except those for the worst.  Oh well it was nice while this game lasted.  If that patch notes is true, then it pretty much confirms where this game is heading.

3 hours ago, Granger said:

I did though:

26 June 2018

If that's the case. Then that's like cutting someone and then coming back and stabbing them with something rusty just to let the pain set in and give a reminder that they're not there to be nice.

5 hours ago, Granger said:

I did though:

26 June 2018

If they implement that in our regions, it will be the coup de grace to BnS West. 

Archived