MrCoolStory

So ...where are the changes? It's been a month now Gold income Worse than Ever

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Granger said:

26 June 2018

[00:17] joon: more daily gold nerfs

[00:17] joon: oboy oboy

[00:17] joon: We have lowered gold reward from the Daily Quest of Tower of Mushin, Outlaw Island, Sogun's Lament, Cold Storage, Heaven's Mandate

We have increased gold reward from Circle of Sundering Daily Quest

We have lowered gold reward and added Galaxy fragments in the daily quest of EC, DT, NF

We have lowered gold reward from NS, IF, EL, SSM, HH and increased Blackstone fragments

We have increased the amount of Silver Scale Fragments that can be obtained from DD, RT, SST, and Cursed Pirate Ship Daily Quest.

 

Still very hard to understand why. Especially if it's implemented here.  There is no point increasing amount of upgrade items drop if the player may not really have the capital to upgrade in the first place.  and to do newer content which may reward more they need the gear they don't really have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caladiel   
6 hours ago, Granger said:

I did though:

 

26 June 2018

[00:17] joon: more daily gold nerfs

[00:17] joon: oboy oboy

[00:17] joon: We have lowered gold reward from the Daily Quest of Tower of Mushin, Outlaw Island, Sogun's Lament, Cold Storage, Heaven's Mandate

We have increased gold reward from Circle of Sundering Daily Quest

We have lowered gold reward and added Galaxy fragments in the daily quest of EC, DT, NF

We have lowered gold reward from NS, IF, EL, SSM, HH and increased Blackstone fragments

We have increased the amount of Silver Scale Fragments that can be obtained from DD, RT, SST, and Cursed Pirate Ship Daily Quest.

 

This is appartently translation of patchnotes on KR from a bit ago... I REALLY hope nsoft is smarter than just copypasting this patch also...

If that comes to our servers then they might as well shut down completely. It's already hard enough finding players for lower content with lower gear.

You can forget about having a healthy influx/base of players if they push this crap. 

 

BG is impossible to enjoy unless you whale out. 

Arena is dead. 

PvE is getting more elitist by the day (1.1k wall too stronk) 

 

Wake. Up. NC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asot   
7 hours ago, Caladiel said:

If that comes to our servers then they might as well shut down completely. It's already hard enough finding players for lower content with lower gear.

You can forget about having a healthy influx/base of players if they push this crap. 

 

BG is impossible to enjoy unless you whale out. 

Arena is dead. 

PvE is getting more elitist by the day (1.1k wall too stronk) 

 

Wake. Up. NC. 

Pretty much this. Also:

 

"We have increased gold reward from Circle of Sundering Daily Quest"

 

So again they're helping very geared players get even more gold. As this dungeon is practically impossible for new/returning players. They are literally puting content behind paywalls - but I guess they have enough whales to keep the game operating... for now. The server mergers should have dropped them a hint, though.

 

Even with the current upgrade event it is quite difficult for newer players to get to Raven. Without the event? Pretty much impossible unless you're throwing real money at the game. Lots of it. Or spends a couple of months farming on 10 alts (just to gear 1 or 2 of them).

 

People leave dungeons when they see you're HM 9 or less, and won't take you to raids if you don't have 1k+ or 1.1k atk power. There are some (few) players that are highly geared and they can boost you in dungeons/raids - and they are awesome for doing that! But most of the time it feels like you're left begging.

 

So yea, let's see how long the whales/old players can keep this game running. I've played F2P games before, but none which would disrespect new/returning players this hard.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whale af   
3 hours ago, asot said:

Pretty much this. Also:

 

"We have increased gold reward from Circle of Sundering Daily Quest"

 

So again they're helping very geared players get even more gold. As this dungeon is practically impossible for new/returning players. They are literally puting content behind paywalls - but I guess they have enough whales to keep the game operating... for now. The server mergers should have dropped them a hint, though.

 

Even with the current upgrade event it is quite difficult for newer players to get to Raven. Without the event? Pretty much impossible unless you're throwing real money at the game. Lots of it. Or spends a couple of months farming on 10 alts (just to gear 1 or 2 of them).

 

People leave dungeons when they see you're HM 9 or less, and won't take you to raids if you don't have 1k+ or 1.1k atk power. There are some (few) players that are highly geared and they can boost you in dungeons/raids - and they are awesome for doing that! But most of the time it feels like you're left begging.

 

So yea, let's see how long the whales/old players can keep this game running. I've played F2P games before, but none which would disrespect new/returning players this hard.

 

 

 

 

Of coz it’s gonna cost more to catchup. The end game players had spent tons of time and gold in raid to get the gears they have now. And you are just trying to get it with less or no cost? It’s never gonna happen..

 

They have nerffed the old contents (bt & vt). If you still can’t do it that’s your problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Whale af said:

Of coz it’s gonna cost more to catchup. The end game players had spent tons of time and gold in raid to get the gears they have now. And you are just trying to get it with less or no cost? It’s never gonna happen..

 

They have nerffed the old contents (bt & vt). If you still can’t do it that’s your problem

You mean the Gold you got by farming NF NS before the nerf?  The same Gold which new players are unable to get now?  That's not our problem, it is NC soft who put a wall on players if they wished to progress.

 

.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asot   
2 hours ago, Whale af said:

Of coz it’s gonna cost more to catchup. The end game players had spent tons of time and gold in raid to get the gears they have now. And you are just trying to get it with less or no cost? It’s never gonna happen..

 

They have nerffed the old contents (bt & vt). If you still can’t do it that’s your problem

We are not asking for a free Aransu pass. We are asking for some decent income if you invest time in this game considerably and the possibility of getting to 1k AP /a smoother journey to raven at least. I don't see that how that would be affecting you in the slightest, if you're now doing endgame content. The benefits would apply to you as well (but hey, big ego).

 

Nerfing old content is useless if it still takes months to have the gear required to do the FIRST raids raids. Without new players it's gonna be just whales and veteran players holding hands and playing with each other. This game has so much to learn from World of Warcraft... but hey, not the Korean strategy forte. Don't say we didn't provide feedback, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it before elsewhere, but I'll say it again here, if they don't want high level/well geared players profiting from doing older content they can easily do due to their gear, then they need to implement some form of reward scaling like some other games do. Constantly nerfing the rewards from anything below the top end content, that many people can't get into, means even less people over time will be able to get into that content, as less new people will keep playing, while even more older, more casual players will quit.

 

IF progression in the game was more linked to your personal efforts, and not so tied to playing with others, so you could gear to maybe just under the top end on your own, then need to team up for the very top end content, progression would be far more functional. Although as it is so very dependent on playing with others, when so much of the community is impatient, selfish, elitist, and toxic, we constantly have the problem of many insisting on absolutely absurd demands to do a piece of content, like requiring people to have equipment potentially well above the level that content was designed to provide upgrades for, all because they want a super fast, and easy run, and don't care one bit about the people that actually need stuff from that content. When some change occurs to try to help people gear up, it's always met by many complaining that NCSoft is trying to screw up their profits from selling such things, or that they're supposedly just handing good stuff out for "free," when that stuff would by that time be regarded as baseline equipment to be able to participate in the content NCSoft wants people to do. People just can't seem to see past their own direct, immediate impact when looking at changes, and don't cast even a single thought to the long term effect to the game, and community on a whole due to the fact it is so dependent on playing with others. Then as the top end players get stronger with new content, they just start upping the stat/equipment demands to get into parties for all the content as well.

 

Another problem with NCSoft trying to push us into higher, and higher content right after finishing the story content is the poor mechanics in the game. Good game mechanics to me are those that are easy to pick up on, but difficult to execute well, boss mechanics in B&S tend to be the reverse, which is why there's so many guides for the game. Often enough explaining how to do some new boss, or sub-boss involves saying, "it's like _____, but with some extra actions" since they keep reusing old bosses. Although when they keep trying to get us to skip all that old content, saying that to a new player means nothing, so they have even more strange mechanics to get used to all at once. In other games you progress though content more linearly, so even if they expedite the process with boosted gains in leveling content, you'd still have encountered the previous content, and learned how to deal with such things, so when you encounter a boosted version of it, you can manage just fine. Although since the game is so dependent on playing with others, knowing people won't be able to get teams for older content very readily due to less people doing it, they just try to have people skip it all, yet still seem to expect people to have learned how to do it, and how to play in a team anyhow, even though they have done neither in the game after finishing the story content. Seen lots of people complaining about people not knowing how to do content mechanics, well, with how they're running the game, you can just expect more such problems in the future, as newer content keeps getting more complex/convoluted mechanics people are expected to do with characters straight out of the story content. Getting into this game as a new player, is basically pointless unless they're a whale, even then it'll be a less than ideal experience, which is one big reason why I can't recommend B&S to anyone.

Edited by Why Bother
Adjustments to the wording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junamaki   
3 hours ago, Why Bother said:

which is one big reason why I can't recommend B&S to anyone.

I'm curious to know what games would you recommend? I haven't really played bns for a month due to how things are going yet still visit the forums often but really want something to play.

Edited by Junamaki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Granger   
vor 20 Stunden schrieb JoannaRamira:

 

Still very hard to understand why. Especially if it's implemented here.  There is no point increasing amount of upgrade items drop if the player may not really have the capital to upgrade in the first place.  and to do newer content which may reward more they need the gear they don't really have.

These aint even relevant upgrade materials unless we're expecting new people to run dungeons with galaxy/dragonforge now, aka pvp weapons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Junamaki said:

I'm curious to know what games would you recommend? I haven't really played bns for a month due to how things are going yet still visit the forums often but really want something to play.

I base my game recommendations entirely on what that person says they're looking for in a game, even if the game I think would be the best fit, is a game I personally have zero interest in, or dislike. If you're looking for me to suggest something, I can't really do that till you state what you are looking for. Although with how B&S is now, for a new player, as I said, I really can't recommend it to anyone, the barrier to entry created by how it is being handled, and the community itself just seems too high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whale af   
20 hours ago, CastielSeven said:

You mean the Gold you got by farming NF NS before the nerf?  The same Gold which new players are unable to get now?  That's not our problem, it is NC soft who put a wall on players if they wished to progress.

 

.  

 

 

 

18 hours ago, asot said:

We are not asking for a free Aransu pass. We are asking for some decent income if you invest time in this game considerably and the possibility of getting to 1k AP /a smoother journey to raven at least. I don't see that how that would be affecting you in the slightest, if you're now doing endgame content. The benefits would apply to you as well (but hey, big ego).

 

Nerfing old content is useless if it still takes months to have the gear required to do the FIRST raids raids. Without new players it's gonna be just whales and veteran players holding hands and playing with each other. This game has so much to learn from World of Warcraft... but hey, not the Korean strategy forte. Don't say we didn't provide feedback, though.

“Asking for decent income”? Are you gold farmer? WoW cost u subscriptions. This game can be totally free if u grind enough. the pve content is never about playing by yourself. You need to make friends and join clans to do the raids or help u get geared. Also, you are not farming gold from dailies. U get them from splits or selling mats. I’m glad they fix it so the gold price will go up eventually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asot   
1 hour ago, Whale af said:

 

“Asking for decent income”? Are you gold farmer? WoW cost u subscriptions. This game can be totally free if u grind enough. the pve content is never about playing by yourself. You need to make friends and join clans to do the raids or help u get geared. Also, you are not farming gold from dailies. U get them from splits or selling mats. I’m glad they fix it so the gold price will go up eventually. 

Did you just create a new account to troll on the forums? (you were asked this in a different thread as well)

 

Whale af

Members

JOINED

23 hours ago

 

This should be a ban-able offense, in my humble opinion.

 

No point in really responding to your trolling, but I will say this: In WoW I get access to the full game for paying a monthly subscription. What do I get for paying a subscription in BnS? Not much really - some minor conveniences - and a lot of "pay NCoin to advance" barriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whale af   

This is not a new account I just didn’t use the forum before.

we comment on the post here not the poster. I’m giving comments about the game, if u don’t want to listen then don’t reply. No need to get personal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyStorm   
3 hours ago, Whale af said:

I’m glad they fix it so the gold price will go up eventually.

That's the worst possible thing that could happen during a period of high inflation. It's economics 101. I don't think the word "fix" is applicable. Maybe "greedy" or "selfish"  would work better.

 

If you say "what inflation?", well, we're apparently playing two different games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Granger   

What they should be doing is introducing gold sinks so those who have too much gold spend more into the void. Something like, making char alteration cost gold instead; perhaps not that disimilar from what clan outfits do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reyvon   

I thought about returning to the game after upgrading my rig, but given the lamentable situation it is now, I better not even bother since I'm behind the 1.1k wall without raven like many others

 

The 55 cap gold nerf was already painful, yet still manageable,  the community eventually stopped complaining and nothing was changed.

What a fool I was hoping it would be better this time, having some months past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyootic   

I mean I should be farming hollow's heart (normal mode) for my gloves but people are like "HAVE ARANSU OR GET KICKED YOU DUMB RAVEN 9 FORCE MASTER" *multiple facedesking*

Therefore I rely on my clan members to carry me or I just do what i usually do and just: Log on once a week > do weeklies on all characters then send all the gold and mats i made on my alts from weeklies to my main> craft transformation stones > sell transformation stones > loggout for the rest of the week to play Sims 4 and work. Rinse and repeat until I get 1k only to find out what I'm after costs me 5k (total) because F5 inflated again. *Insert that one horrific face desking youtube video here.*

Edited by Kyootic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what is the problem why is everyone mad the gold problem was fixed now you get gold form F10 a box that was added that you can buy using Ncoin

or HMcoin or you can participate in the awesome gambling rng BS ( treasure trove ) and get to buy a chest of gold which is rng as well 

and by the way if you need HMcoin you can't get it at the end of the season ( TOI ) now you need to sell your gold and how you get gold you buy gold using Ncoin 

so what is going to happen is players that have all the gold will add gold on the market and will get HMcoin then use the HMcoin to buy from F10 craft ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and sell it on the market and then sell gold for HMcoin so yah the rich stay rich and the poor get ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed

 

PS : and by the way if you didn't notice i'm being sarcastic about the gold problem being solved

Edited by MAX2016ACE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zirppy   

To gain gold as lower level these days is hell if you don't know how to do it. To be able to gain more gold and more funds to gear one character you actually these days need to make multiple character, invest on them a bit which doesn't anymore even require that much as you can farm legendary accessories from Celestial Basin and keep doing weeklies and either craft with the materials or just plainly sell them depending what you need the most.

 

Joining clans or just making your own lobbies instead of trying to join those that you cannot is an option too. I find it bigger issue that newer people get lazier and lazier expecting easy carries without learning any mechanics of any dungeons and then you see those lobbies where no one can do any mechanics and good job you wasted 10-20 minutes of your time trying to do something that is impossible. People joining first time dungeons that have wipe mechanics expecting it being super easy as most of the lower level dungeons are facerolls causes hell for the party and language barriers or just being totally ignorant of what others say causes so many issues that higher gear players rather make these unnecessarily high requirements to weed out inexperienced players that just think everything is fine if the party carries them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now