Accidental ss (controller)

Ok before i start off please dont bash on me for use of a controller. I know some people dont like the use of a controller and others feel a keyboard and mouse are better for MMORPG and i do miss using keyboards and mouses but with carpal tunnel controllers are actually easier for me to use...ok now thats out of the way.

I use a steam controller so i dont know if its the steam controller or if its controllers in general but i have an issue with accidental backstep or as most call it "SS". On the controller it is supposed to be double tapping the left joystick back to make your character go back. Ok simple enough...however when im doing something like range tanking fire assura in VT i find my self back stepping at the most inconveniencing times as im circling him sometimes back stepping into the center and insta death of course. Ive done this on other class characters too in other situations. That was just one example and it happens all to often and without me tapping the stick back twice on my steam controller. I can just be holding the stick back to the left and back a little as im making my way around the boss and suddenly i find myself going back. Locking this out is not an option for me as i need my back step to get to areas fast.

If anyone has experienced this and knows how to fix it or if someone can confirm this is a steam controller only issue or uses a controller other than a steam controller and dont have this issue please let me know. Thankies

oh crickets apparently im the only one with this trouble or the only one that uses a controller. I did try using a different controller and it would seem i had the same issue with accidental SS. Its not all the time just once every so often but alway at the most inconvenience times.

Archived