Forums

"An extra 9% chance of turning it into a fleeting astral soul" Is a Lie and a Fraud!!

MrCoolStory

22 minutes ago, Nimble Fumble said:

Nice example of not reading what someone writes but just what you want to read, and insulting people that haven't insulted you. 

1. I did not insulted anyone and if you take it personally it's just your problem

2. I expected that everyone who knows how to use the keyboard also knows how does % work. OP quoted it himself, "With Each Fail you get your bar for your chance of upgrading increases so now I have an  extra 9% chance of turning it into a fleeting astral soul" The % bar is literally the chance you have for your next upgrade.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ungrateful? Who's ungrateful?

I'm grateful for having an unreachable prize dangled in my face to motivate me to buy sacred vials, because I didn't know that I wanted them.

I'm grateful for the lie NCSoft told us about the Xanos enrage timer. I really didn't want to know that I'd wipe 50% of the time.

I'm grateful for the 75% reduction in my daily income. I didn't need all that gold.

I'm grateful for the additional PTS I need for my next upgrade. I didn't want a better weapon anyway.

I'm grateful for the extra upgrade materials because I'm a packrat who loves a full storage vault.

Thanks NCSoft, from your loving players. We are so grateful.

1 hour ago, SilentOne said:

This is nice example of ungratefulness of bns community. I got 3 permanent souls out of 4 my 1k+ alts so far by doing dc+wc+ns only + i skipped something here and there. Nobody forced you to gamble, you could get your 4 or more guarranted oils per alt and upgrade one soul by the safe way. Yes. everything with % chance to success is a gamble, yet some of you fools doesn't seems to understand it. Risk to win jackpot or play it safe to win second/third place. It is easy as that. 

I think you misunderstand the point of the post, the post is not about that RNG is too low, even tho it is very low but it's also about that they said it themselves on stream(even guy showed the link of the stream and exact timing) that the milague is a success bar that everyone believed until now and realized that it's not "success" but progress bar that doesn't help you with any success rate on upgrading the soul. I do know some people got their souls on first try, that's all cool, but for those that spend their entire event rescources (oils) and their gold on 1 thing, and still can't get it, they don't have anymore time to farm any costumes or weapon skins that this event provides because they are blocked the wall of the RNG, if we would knew that the RNG wouldn't be improved by the milague of progression bar" then I am sure many people would avoid it and use their event rescources (oils) and their gold on something that they would have bigger chances on getting from this event that is providing.

I hope this will clear your misunderstanding.

2 minutes ago, RavTH said:

I think you misunderstand the point of the post, the post is not about that RNG is too low, even tho it is very low but it's also about that they said it themselves on stream(even guy showed the link of the stream and exact timing) that the milague is a success bar that everyone believed until now and realized that it's not "success" but progress bar that doesn't help you with any success rate on upgrading the soul. I do know some people got their souls on first try, that's all cool, but for those that spend their entire event rescources (oils) and their gold on 1 thing, and still can't get it, they don't have anymore time to farm any costumes or weapon skins that this event provides because they are blocked the wall of the RNG, if we would knew that the RNG wouldn't be improved by the milague of progression bar" then I am sure many people would avoid it and use their event rescources (oils) and their gold on something that they would have bigger chances on getting from this event that is providing.

Thank you for making it clearer, RavTH, that was exactly what I was talking about.

That is also what prompted my suggestion to NCsoft of giving players the choice to revert. 

11 minutes ago, RavTH said:

I admit that i missed the point in my first post cuz i'm lurking on the reddit simultaneously and i kinda mixed it up, but that doesn't change anything i said in my second post. Of course it is a "Success" bar. Success bar = shows your chance to successful upgrade. Progress bar = shows you when you reach the upgrade. And you said it yourself. If it would be a progress bar, then nobody would be able to upgrade the soul before reaching 100%. And since you know some people who upgraded it at first try, it means that the bar really is a success, not progress, which is basically exactly what she said in the stream. It's only about the right understanding of what she said: "With Each Fail you get your bar for your chance of upgrading increases so now I have an  extra 9% chance of turning it into a fleeting astral soul" This statement confirms the rng core of the soul upgrade until you reach 100% and here we are at my gamble post.

1 hour ago, SilentOne said:

I admit that i missed the point in my first post cuz i'm lurking on the reddit simultaneously and i kinda mixed it up, but that doesn't change anything i said in my second post. Of course it is a "Success" bar. Success bar = shows your chance to successful upgrade. Progress bar = shows you when you reach the upgrade. And you said it yourself. If it would be a progress bar, then nobody would be able to upgrade the soul before reaching 100%. And since you know some people who upgraded it at first try, it means that the bar really is a success, not progress, which is basically exactly what she said in the stream. It's only about the right understanding of what she said: "With Each Fail you get your bar for your chance of upgrading increases so now I have an  extra 9% chance of turning it into a fleeting astral soul" This statement confirms the rng core of the soul upgrade until you reach 100% and here we are at my gamble post.

The argument of the OP, if I understand it correctly, is that the base probability remains constant on each upgrade attempt until you reach 100% on the bar. Neither he nor you can prove or disprove that without a sufficient sample of the population to achieve an acceptable level of confidence. But "This statement confirms the rng core" is nonsense - it is just as ambiguous as the language in the video.

1 hour ago, SkyStorm said:

The argument of the OP, if I understand it correctly, is that the base probability remains constant on each upgrade attempt until you reach 100% on the bar. Neither he nor you can prove or disprove that without a sufficient sample of the population to achieve an acceptable level of confidence. But "This statement confirms the rng core" is nonsense - it is just as ambiguous as the language in the video.

If this is true then OP is really only lamenting over good ol rng again. And as you said, it cannot be proven. The chance can be either stable 10% regardless of the bar or increasing by 9% each fail and 5 different guys can both successfully upgrade it at 4th attempt, with 10% chance or 36% chance. At the end, i don't see the point why would they say that its increasing chance while it would be actually the same. It feels to me that people with bad rng just needs to blame someone to vent their frustration. As usual. With everything rng based. Ever. I'm out.

This is not a normal event. If the average was 2-3oils per event down to 1-2 gems, you can now get a total of 16 oils or exchange your soul for at least 1 at the end of it, if you were that unlucky.
I can´t believe that I have to make it out for people.  Every event I tell myself "they can´t be this stupid", yet I don´t account how ungrateful some are.
Just ridiculous what is lurking in these forums.

6 hours ago, SilentOne said:

This is nice example of ungratefulness of bns community. I got 3 permanent souls out of 4 my 1k+ alts so far by doing dc+wc+ns only + i skipped something here and there. Nobody forced you to gamble, you could get your 4 or more guarranted oils per alt and upgrade one soul by the safe way. Yes. everything with % chance to success is a gamble, yet some of you fools doesn't seems to understand it. Risk to win jackpot or play it safe to win second/third place. It is easy as that. 

You missed the part when they streamed information which wasn't accurate. It seems like you did not read the OP post AT ALL.

17 minutes ago, CastielSeven said:

You missed the part when they streamed information which wasn't accurate. It seems like you did not read the OP post AT ALL.

And you saw this post and did not bothered to read the rest of the topic. But since i'm the only one who don't feel the need to blame NCstaff, i'm the ideal target to spit on in the swarm of the rest of you who came to add their tear to this thread. So i quit.

3 hours ago, SilentOne said:

And you saw this post and did not bothered to read the rest of the topic. But since i'm the only one who don't feel the need to blame NCstaff, i'm the ideal target to spit on in the swarm of the rest of you who came to add their tear to this thread. So i quit.

the base % remains the same. I read the topic, and I can confirm that  it is true.  25 upgrade attempts across 4 characters  and only 2 successes.  

Once Hitler, came to one meeting with a live chicken. He started to pluck its feathers one by one off.

The chicken quacked in pain, blood oozing from its pores. It gave out heartbreaking cries but Hitler continued without remorse plucking feather after feather until the chicken was completely naked. After that, he threw the chicken on the ground and from his pockets, took out some chicken feed and started to throw it at the poor creature. It started eating and as he walked away, the chicken followed him and sat at his feet feeding from his hand.

Hitler then told members of his party "This chicken represents the people, you must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up and leave them. If you do this and then give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life.They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, it is you who brought them to that situation in the first place."
Does this sound familiar?

This players who got they souls or dont need (which already cross by the hell in the past=chikens from history) come on this post over and over and over again to say lot things, because they dont care with rest community (most see this'event' like something amazing)...no words for that...

Since the information that were given to us about this event, specially about the upgrade % to receive the "grandprize", were and are still wrong since no GM made an official statement, don't you think that it will be fair to give us the choice to receive back the materials used :wasted: to let us to choose what to do with them having the right informations?

14 hours ago, Divine Judgment said:

Since the information that were given to us about this event, specially about the upgrade % to receive the "grandprize", were and are still wrong since no GM made an official statement, don't you think that it will be fair to give us the choice to receive back the materials used :wasted: to let us to choose what to do with them having the right informations?

I hope you know that a few people already suggested the same and were almost lynched around here for ingratitude, stupidity, inability to suck it up and a few other sins against NCsoft. 

Personally, I disagree so strongly with what the last patch and this event are doing to the game that I cancelled my subscription some days ago, so I don't mind to share the granite titan's fiery punch with you: I do think it would be fair to give players that choice. 

Everyone can point the finger at me and call me stupid or whatever they want, but, to be honest, i don't care so much about that and i don't respond to insults.

What I know is that there is an ongoing event on which information has been given wrong, certainly not voluntarily. It is different to say "You will have a low fixed chance of succeeding until the bar goes over 100%, whereupon success will be guaranteed" and say (or make people believe) that the bar is the % of success. If the event was clear from the beginning, probably someone or many would have chosen other rewards for the event. And since this "waste" not only affected item given for free but also gold that otherwise would have served for other things, I would consider correct to rollback everything, giving back gold and items spent, givin the possibility to choose the preferred rewards having the right informations.

Strictly from a business standpoint, I think what NCSoft did with this event is unethical. The "rising soul" event has been little more than a poorly masked sales campaign with a bait-and-switch scheme at its heart.

To that end, major aspects of the game's economy, the daily challenge, difficulty levels, etc. were tampered with in an overly aggressive way to stimulate demand for sacred vials. I understand that the company has got to sell us stuff or there is no game, but screwing with so many different aspects of the game simultaneously and outright lying about their intent is unforgivable. I don't want a free soul, or astral oils, or gold, or a pathetic consolation prize or anything else more than I want an apology from NCSoft for treating their player base like a bunch of morons, but I doubt we'll ever hear the words "we're sorry" or "we made a mistake" from the company.

6 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

Strictly from a business standpoint, I think what NCSoft did with this event is unethical. The "rising soul" event has been little more than a poorly masked sales campaign with a bait-and-switch scheme at its heart.

To that end, major aspects of the game's economy, the daily challenge, difficulty levels, etc. were tampered with in an overly aggressive way to stimulate demand for sacred vials. I understand that the company has got to sell us stuff or there is no game, but screwing with so many different aspects of the game simultaneously and outright lying about their intent is unforgivable. I don't want a free soul, or astral oils, or gold, or a pathetic consolation prize or anything else more than I want an apology from NCSoft for treating their player base like a bunch of morons, but I doubt we'll ever hear the words "we're sorry" or "we made a mistake" from the company.

On top of that, consider that this game is awful pretty, and they have tons of super great looking outfits that I would be happy to pay them for, but they rarely sell them. There is another thread on this forum entitled "Which outfit would you like to see back to the shop." I listed 13 outfits that I would pay them the 799 Ncoin for RIGHT NOW. 799 Ncoin is $10, so that is $130 that I am willing to pay NCsoft RIGHT NOW. Consider that a brand new premium triple A video game title, not discounted, that comes out tomorrow, would be $59.99, yet I am willing to pay $130, which is more than double the price of 2 video games for NCsoft's 1 video game FOR COSMETICS.

I have never paid NCsoft money for power in this game, and I don't intend to start, but I can tell you that I have already paid over $59.99 for other cosmetics in this game so far. They are selling the power, but they are not selling the cosmetics, and they never have... not in the sense of simply allowing you to buy any outfit you want any time you want. There is always sort of artificial scarcity imposed... on digital items that can be infinitely reproduced. I have waited over a year for certain outfits to become available again, but nooo.

NCsoft never gave the cosmetics a real chance. They are selling power though, which they promised they wouldn't do. I don't want power. I want the cosmetics. Just sell all the outfits all the time for 799 Ncoin each... except for the ones that are specifically meant to be obtained in other ways or restricted to if you were a founder of course. NCsoft wants money fairly? Sell the outfits like they said they would except not in this ridiculously rare "drip drip drip" way! Just make them all available all the time, or... a lot of them anyway. Maybe there are 4 business quarters per year 3 months each, and they offer 25% of the total amount of outfits per business quarter. They look really good. Make good on your promise! It's not that complicated.

Here I will do you one better. 99% to 100%. Still failed. Not even 1%. In case you were wondering. There it is. You'll need to set the resolution higher to see it a bit better obviously.

When it comes to understanding mechanics, if there is a mechanic that you are not sure about, and you want to know how it works, here is how to figure it out: Let's say the mechanic could work one of 3 ways: Way "A," Way "B," or Way "C." In order to figure out which way it works, all you have to do is think about which way would be worst for you. Now just understand THAT is the way it works. This method does not require extensive testing, and is right about 90% of the time.

Low levels really got screwed on this one. Event goes from May 9 to June 20. That's 42 days of dailies and ns and 6 weeklies.

42 dailies&ns = 168 oils

6 sets of weeklies = 30 oils

You get 198 oils total.

Getting from stage 1 to stage 6 costs 45 oils total.

At 15 oils per try after that, you can get 10 tries.

That gives you 3 extra oils total.

Now the kicker is, freebie oils next week would get you the soul, IF you got 10% each time. The minimum is 9%. So 10 x 9 = 90%. It's also been recently revealed by unlucky people that getting 100% isn't guaranteed success. There's multiple people linking there's in chat for the past couple of days. You still have to succeed the one after that. So unless you got 10% ten times in a row, you still won't get your soul with the freebie. You'll just land at 100% with 3 oils extra.

according to NorbertTheOpinionated's proof and you get one 0.99999% assumption somewhere but displayed as 1%.

1. 90.999999% with 10 trials

2. 99.999999%  with 11 trials with 100% display (lie and fraud unless displayed as 99.99999%)

3. 99.99999% to true 100% with 12 trials

4. true 100% to a soul with 13 trials.

I already converted the oils to something else. wasting my life doing Naryu Sanc's was unthinkable.

2 hours ago, Dante666 said:

Also I read somewhere with each failed try there will be reduction in cost next try, which seem to be not correct either.

The note you're referring to is in the description of the progress bar. But it says that it only refers to upgrades which are failsafe anyway. This is hinting that they're intending to use the bar for other items as well.

Archived