Free Pristine Astral Oil from June 13–27

Liinxy

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

To help you along with upgrading your Astral Soul, we’ll be adding one Pristine Astral Oil per account for free every day on the Hongmoon Store from June 13–27. We hope that these additional 15 Pristine Astral Oils will help you reach your Rising Soul event goal!

The Blade & Soul Team

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once in your (ingame life) do try to be greatful for getting FREE STUFF at all instead of constantly whining about every single thing.Also b4 you think of attempting to threat them with one of those *  I QUIT* speeches think again.Do you honestly think Nc kr cares about us ,we barely make any profit for them at all soo wont even put a dent to them in the slightest. Bottom line ncwest team are giving us FREE event tokens and ppl still whine/b1tch about FREE tokens. Unreal/shocking..............just waaauw.

• NCSOFT
26 minutes ago, NekoNoKishi said:

Thank you Liinxy ! will greatly help!

Also what would help us for event (and future events) is to have tokens bound to account. 

While it would be convenient to earn more event currency by farming with alts and sending them to your main, there are calculations that's involved with the event design and what the developers want players to earn during the event period. Making the event currency bound to account would affect these numbers and alter the Dragon Express exchange prices which would more than likely lead to requiring everyone to participate in the event with multiple characters instead of allowing that to be an option as it currently is.

Im at 85% im going for sure 100% nice bullsh@t rng, with this free  oil maybe im going to get my costume to.

6 minutes ago, raiking said:

Event ends on June 20 though. We wont be able to upgrade after that.

after 20 only the stats on your souls disappear the upgrade and exchange remain

Il y a 2 heures, Liinxy a dit :

While it would be convenient to earn more event currency by farming with alts and sending them to your main, there are calculations that's involved with the event design and what the developers want players to earn during the event period. Making the event currency bound to account would affect these numbers and alter the Dragon Express exchange prices which would more than likely lead to requiring everyone to participate in the event with multiple characters instead of allowing that to be an option as it currently is.

Beside Hive Queen's Heart and Hive Queen's wings which are bound to character i dont see any item that would be interesting enough"require" to participate with multiple alts to feed main tokens. Regardless, peoples that are farming event are doing it for Oils mainly and it can ALREADY be sent to main. The rest  are doing it for soul and they would benefit a lot from it because it would allow them to avoid the dreaded end of event with a 99% soul because they couldn't run IF/EL because they are too low in gear.  So i fail to see what would affect dragon express exchange price. 

Also i may be unlucky, but so far on near 30 tries i only succeed in upgrading 2 soul thats quite a low chance.

• NCSOFT
59 minutes ago, Belido said:

I take this as a good sign and that is what's needed most atm //deftl7cmegpik.cloudfront.net/emoticons/61.png

PS: why are smileys not working anymore?

We're working on our forum image linking and it maaaaay have broken the emoticons in the process, but it should be working now though! Thanks for letting me know. :JinyungHappy:

Instead of "donating" one oil per day and per account, why then does it not increase the standard success rate to evolve that fleeting astral soul? I believe it would be much more advantageous and beneficial than just delivering a false illusion that with that one more oil a day the player will be able to evolve his fleeting astral soul. If you stop to analyze, the player who is starting the game for now, very probably will not be able to catch his soul, because he will not have good equipment to do the dungeons of the event, barely can do NS, who will say IF and EL ... Has that take into consideration that many players have social life and a job, they work! they will not always have enough time to do everything they need every day, and as the percentage to evolve this "blessed" fleeting astral soul is very small, this player will depend a lot on luck, and if he is not lucky ??? not to mention that most players have more than one or two characters, often have five, seven or even ten characters to evolve, and with the whole game update (I'm not complaining about the updates, on the contrary, they are very important) , and the demand for better equipment is increasing, many are not able to keep up, which causes a lot of frustration in many players. This event could have been the best event to evolve a character for who is late in the game, but in my sincerest opinion, this event is nothing more than an illusion, a frustration, and now comes with this one of "donating" an oil for day, as if it were to solve the problem ... already said, do they really want to help the player ??? increases the blessed chance of success of the standard evolution of the fleeting astral soul, then yes they will be helping, otherwise ... Taking advantage of the opportunity ... this kind of thing has been happening a lot in these events, event tokens are few, the dungeons are the worst to do, especially for those who depend on the events, and the rewards are too expensive, and not always the best. They should review these events, stop making illusory events, stop cheating players, really analyze who needs those events, and produce them more efficiently to even attract new players. I think in your head the only event you can do is the famous TROVE, why will not you ?! This is a tip ... Sorry for anything, I needed to vent, I really like this game, I play it since it launched here in America, however, I work and I can not always play all the time that I would like to play, I'm very dependent of events in the game, more like the way these events are coming, it is getting frustrating to play this already a beautiful game.

Dear NCW team.

There seems to be some aransu badge bugg om BM lunar slash(doesnt proc sometimes) after latest patch when used. There should never be any CD or non proc bugg, on badge proc be it if lunar slash reset from weapon, badge or skill CD, it should be activated and applied directly with added dmg+icon proc display asap when lunar slash pressed!

Check even www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeflRi1LQFE 2:07:35 (hear after few second here) person mention it been happening for while now it doesnt proc when pressing lunar slash..wtf happened? Carefully look into it as people get effected! 

Dont get even why you not even able discover these before releasing new patch! Its like you dont want people to notice it? When its clear as a day!

Also someone commented thsi on latest youtube trailer which is kinda truth.

"Seriously...you really need to start buff weapons as intended to be specially on raven 6-9(in some patch now KR dev letter they did say they added more buf for weap even months ago but on out patch now doesnt seems to be so how come?) and aransu 1-3 to 4-9, or even bit more buff than the kr as we dont have same server ctrl like them to pull more so we must be compensated for more buffs. Bns EU/NA is an international based game for players(yes even for player that does plays even bit far to NA with about 200ms+

And letancy issue should not be any concern now on robust internet era.

Also if you this video as an example at end of video(at end when he tried out his parse).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceXEghyhlc0 (combo this since youtube link bugg) Kero just got his aransu 3 and did a f12 parse..now normaly on his gear he should easily be gotten 300k-350k+ dps sustain...But he barely getting over 198k-200k or so. How do you expect him to do TT raid boss 1...if people mention rumor least 300k+ sustain. Kero is very kind bns supportet and even easy going making great contribution to bns community + clan. I just feel like he missing out on his true dps potential.

There also comment that adressed the issue about dps for sum or wl has distant delay cast on them as well. And KR dev did intend(or already did?) to fix so when it cast dmg so dmg can be applied asap instead wasting distant travel before it hits. Just like if u stand 1m from boss a range WL sum etc can still get eminent dmg as they would be on close range. To make it par 0 distant delay issue for range lost dps/sec rate. So please check it out please.

SK boss still does Kback/cc during it spin which still contradics when it should only add dmg while char still on same spot dps.

And no CC or push back effect even if it says resist should be applied. Be it if u use sanctum anti buff or not...(patchs note says there should be no form of cc effect, so why pushback effect?). With UE4 comming and some stuff crash,  is always alot of things that can be improved in game. But these things are one of things that shines atm.

today june 6th, we have 14 days left

Dailies for 14 days = 3 x 14 = 42

NS for 14 days = 1 x 14 =14

2 weekly = 2 x 5 = 10

june 13 to 27  handout but divided by 2 for 2 toons per acct = 7

total = 42 + 14 + 10 + 7 =73 oils that can be farmed

oils farmed so far since stage 6 without  missing a day (i only missed 1 weekly)= 82 oils

73 + 82 = 155 oils

11 trials = 11x 15 = 165 oils

155  is far less than 165.  155 oils are for  93%.

and Irontech is undoable for lvl 9 and 10 and maybe 11.

extending 1 more week is that difficult? you extended the cannon ball event for 1 more week before, why can't you do it here?

I will still do Naryu Sanc with the hope that maybe.. BnS will change their minds till the next week or I will just pay golds to convert them for each pet pack from BnS.

20 hours ago, Walex said:

@NekoNoKishi - yeah, so people could send tokens from 9 alts, sure...

How is that different from now? Now people just get the stage 6 soul on each separate character they want to do the dailies on and then buy a sacred vial, then send it on to their main character. Making these tokens account bound only makes a difference near the end of the event where someone is short a few tokens on one character and has some to spare on another. I'd argue that it's actually pretty fair to be able to use the items you spent a lot of time getting regardless of the character you do it on as long as the item you can get from it is account bound too.

16 hours ago, Cielzinho said:

Instead of "donating" one oil per day and per account, why then does it not increase the standard success rate to evolve that fleeting astral soul? I believe it would be much more advantageous and beneficial than just delivering a false illusion that with that one more oil a day the player will be able to evolve his fleeting astral soul.

*snip*

I really like this game, I play it since it launched here in America, however, I work and I can not always play all the time that I would like to play, I'm very dependent of events in the game, more like the way these events are coming, it is getting frustrating to play this already a beautiful game.

I really hope the first point being made happens. Along with the free oils, change every "expired" event soul to 100% mileage so everyone who worked so hard to get a soul is rewarded for all the time invested. This event has been so unrewarding and frustrating. Events should be the opposite of that. I shouldn't even have to point this out. Would have been better to make the soul really costly to attain then this RNG stupidity. At least it would've been fair for everyone. Equal rewards for equal effort. So much time and effort pissed away.

My playtime is sporadic too and I also rely on events to help me progress. I know exactly where you're coming from poster.

To be fair NC, thank you for the free oils. It's a nice gesture. It's an acknowledgement that this event was seriously lacking. It's just not going to be enough to remove the bitter aftertaste from this event for the community and for myself.

@Liinxy I do appreciate your offer of 15 oils to help those that are stuck at 100% mileage at the end of event. But we all played half of this event (investing effort, time, and the gold we hardly have ) with the wrong idea about how it worked, and only discovered that fact too late (and probably your team is in the same predicament, the "small letter" was not clear for you either). I believe you should offer players the choice of reverting their current event souls, with whatever mileage they have at the moment, for the corresponding oils and gold spent. I think that would be fair in this case, and it would earn you a needed measure of respect from the (by now very disheartened) playerbase. 

6 hours ago, Nimble Fumble said:

@Liinxy I do appreciate your offer of 15 oils to help those that are stuck at 100% mileage at the end of event. But we all played half of this event (investing effort, time, and the gold we hardly have ) with the wrong idea about how it worked, and only discovered that fact too late (and probably your team is in the same predicament, the "small letter" was not clear for you either). I believe you should offer players the choice of reverting their current event souls, with whatever mileage they have at the moment, for the corresponding oils and gold spent. I think that would be fair in this case, and it would earn you a needed measure of respect from the (by now very disheartened) playerbase. 

Not being rude, but I still want to say too bad man :P. This is meant to test out our lucks, many people keep failing, but there are lots of people who succeed at their first three trials too. When you can't succeed, blame your luck, this is not meant to give everyone a free soul. If you got your soul then luck lady probably smiled at ya, if you don't, then go back to your old one and focus on that after. 

Life is a gamble, some people win some people lose. Accept it.

I have upgraded mine a long time ago and was kind of regretting it about all those waste of money since you can get it almost free now. But then in the patch note, they have also reduced all the cost to upgrade them, which made me feel even worse. The only thing that kept me up was the further reduction in price in the upgrades later on. What I'm saying here is, even if you fail this event, you can still upgrade them yourselves at a way lower price than we did before. There is no point to feel depressed or disappointed if you don't get yours. Either blame you didn't participate in the event enough or just having a bad day, or maybe on a bad karma cycle since you did something bad before? :giggle:

On 6/5/2018 at 2:51 PM, Liinxy said:

I sincerely question the calculations that were done. Let's think about this for a moment, the souls from the event are at the eleventh upgrade level, of the current thirty-two soul upgrade levels, comparing souls, to weapons, that currently would make them about the same as a stage ten Baleful/Seraph, to a stage one Raven weapon, which currently are regarded as the bare minimum, or below the bare minimum to do much of the content you want us to do, based on what people tend to demand. That means those souls aren't too special in the greater scheme of things, which considering as how you just changed it so those two, and the next plateau of souls can no longer be sealed, does suggest you don't regard them that highly anymore either. The people that would actually need those souls, aren't really the people able to do all the content you want us to do for this event, as they may even have a hard time getting into teams for the weekly challenge dungeons, or Naryu Sanctum, let alone anything after that.

Let's look at some numbers, and the results many have had. If you did all the related dungeons once each per day/week, plus the daily challenge, but not counting these bonus oils, that works out to 282 oils, which is enough to get your event soul to stage six, and attempt the final RNG upgrade almost sixteen times, which means you'd get the final soul for sure, and have enough oils left over to get some other stuff too. Yet once again, the people that can do that, likely already had one of the permanent souls from the event, or a better one, so didn't need help getting it. On the opposite end there's the people that can only do the daily challenge, so three oils per day, for six weeks, that's 126 oils, which would be enough to get the event soul to stage six, and try the final RNG upgrade five times, which based on the results of many, likely wouldn't be enough. Let's next add Naryu Sanctum, and the weekly challenge raids for a middle ground option, this again would be the kind of person that needs this kind of soul, they will get 198 oils, which is enough to get the event soul to stage six, and attempt the final RNG upgrade ten times, with a few oils left over. Given the results of many, even these people could finish the event, without getting the soul, as even with the bonus oils, they may only just get the gauge filled to 100% when they run out, or not even quite that, when a number of people have just filled the progress bar to 100%, yet still have not succeeded at the RNG upgrade, so need to do it once more yet to succeed.

Looking at those numbers, we once again have another B&S event supposedly aimed at helping people gear up, that doesn't actually do a good job of of helping the people, that need help gearing up. If you want to actually help people gear up, the best thing to do is adjust the normal in-game method, or if you insist on using events, have them unrelated to regular content dungeons, so everyone above the event level requirement, can fully participate.

An additional point is that due to the weekly raid dungeons giving the oils as part of their dynamic reward, rather than weekly quest reward, if you were to use resets from the cash shop, you could get additional oils. Then what with the gold reward reductions, the gold fees related to this event, for the people that need the help, would be rather substantial. Meaning at the end of the event, those people could easily not get the soul, and also be out some 150-250 gold. Just how happy do you think that will make people?

Add:

I've said it elsewhere before, but the number one thing holding people back from getting into higher content, is the player base itself. If you want to get into a Skybreak Spire raid, the standard demand for some time now, is to already have Raven equipment, or better, yet that's where you go to get Raven equipment. That's been the kind of demands in content people have made for a long, long time, so you guys surely would be aware of it, as it's an old complaint many have made. The other part of this event, which you also tagged as being there to help people gear up, is for the Skybreak Spire, and Temple of Eluvium raids, with the idea being it will give more materials, and a soul shield piece. Now in the case of the Skybreak Spire materials, those for the past number of events have been some of the cheapest reward options, and have been on the daily dash for some time, I don't really need help getting the materials, I need to get into the raid, so I can get the achievements, so I could then use my several hundred Raven Feathers to get the soul shield.

Now since you've clearly downgraded the value of Skybreak Spire, and even Temple of Eluvium, what with both offering sealed versions of the weapon parts that can be sold on the market, getting the class group specific part for a Raven weapon has gotten to be pretty easy, as they go for about 40-70, or so gold these days. The main problem preventing people from buying that, and just upgrading, is the transformation stone cost. Empyrean Spirit Stones tend to go for about 210-230 gold on my server, and have gone for about 150-300 gold before, we need five of them to move to the second tier of weapons. The reason they, and other types of transformation stones are so costly, is that they can only be made using marketable versions of the four basic materials, if like some other crafts there were also account bound versions of those crafts, that use the account bound materials, that would be a HUGE help, and have a far, far greater impact than any of these events supposedly aimed at helping people gear up.

Archived