Please do something to get people back into arena... (and no not an event...)

SkFy

Please do something to get people back into arena... (and no not an event...)
What we need is an update to the ranking system, and proper rewards that don't require us to grind end game dungeons..
First of all, not everyone likes PVE... we like to PVP and we literally cannot earn anything with it unless we do PVE to get keys/tickets..
Even if it brings back bots.. i rather have the bots back then the game being dead like it is now..
It also makes materials cheaper for people, so it helps everyone... even if we get less materials if we dont use pve keys... give us SOMETHING to spend our zen/bg points on to earn some money..

Also we need a new rating system, so top 30 people aren't playing on early 1600's 1v1, or even in silver 3v3....
New people don't learn anything from being raped by a top 30... the skill difference is way too big for them to learn from it.
And ofcourse they then get bored and won't play arena anymore... so there will barely be any new PVPers..

3v3 is only alive a few hours a day currently, i've even had 45minute que's at 10pm in the evening... on silver ranking... 

Something really has to happen to get people back into arena, or soon nobody will play at all anymore..

We in que for hours a day, it's getting frustrating...

Wake up ncsoft and do something.

• 2 weeks later...

I would promise to queue 30 minutes a day, but you would not even get matched against me, I am so low elo. :D

just wrote in another thread: I really like the idea of a "beat one of each class" weekly. It being a weekly would make high rewards possible and it would encourage people to learn about all the classes and not afk the ones they don't like. -_^

@SkFy, i agree 100%. few suggestions to make pvp alive:

1. remove dragon certificats

2. remove whirlwind keys

3. make the ranking system for 3v3 starts from 1400 like you did for 6v6, cause it's way more dead than 1v1 and 6v6

I actually made a topic about that 1 month ago and another one 2 months ago, but everytime it ends up with no one responding to the topic so it just dies.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/239296-please-fix-3v3-ladder/?tab=comments#comment-2028570

I hope this time people will actually keep this topic alive so that they at least notice the problem.

On ‎15‎. ‎06‎. ‎2018 at 2:03 PM, Yaory said:

i guess no one cares about pvp anymore.. 

No wonder no one cares. I just did few matches after a month and got stomped and kicked around like punching bag at 1500 elo. Every win or two I'd meet lvl48 that played godlike and kicked me back on ladder. I'm not that great, but not that bad either, used to be 1600-1650 usualy. Ok so I thought I'd go few 3vs3, since I was 1590 and thought to get gold before season end. Pretty much same team almost always, with 1 guy carrying full matches. 2 of opponents played bad, but that one guy carried them easily and after 2h I'm at 1510.

At this point I don't really care anymore, used to enjoy arena, but they can just remove it from the game, for all I care.

I agree the arena isn't rewarding in general and isn't fun for new players/casual players. But it is easy just to complain, showing up with a tangible idea to discuss is actually the way we should show the publisher/developer the demand for a change. So I just bring up some ideas to revive the arena, with a little comment from myself.

1. Make the account bound upgrade items soulstone crystal, sacred crystal, moonstone crystal, elysian crystal accessable with zen beans.

Why not? It already exists for the pve in celestial basin with farming peaches and buying pouches. If you don't like to see them as a direct trade for zen beans, implement the pouches for zen beans. I don't see a point why these upgrade materials, that are also needed for the pvp weapon, are locked behind pve only. And maybe even pve players will have a look into the arena by the time they get bored from farming peaches.

2. Make the unbound versions of the items above accessable through zen beans.

Personally I don't like the idea, because it's charming for the bots to return to the arena (even more than point 1, which is only for personal progress)

3. More season rewards for personal character development.

Reward more people and give interesting season rewards like sacred vials and pet packs (account bound!), that are also viable for 6vs6 players!

Why do the developers reward the first 300 of each class in arena, while they reward the first 5000 in pve content ladders? Make it 5000 for 1450 rating and above.

Sacred vials and pet packs as a reward for a 10 week season, you could discuss the amount of items that would be justified, but why not?

4. Restriction of season rewards.

People abuse the system by creating several times the same class, which results in having some players with 4-6 characters of the same class in the ladder. I highly doubt that's how a ladder is intended to work. Give season rewards once per class per account, so only the highest one of multiple characters of the same class will appear in the ladder. If a player is good on different classes I'm fine seeing him with that classes in the ladder, but the same class? This is like the same football team or whatever sports could have the first, second and third place in one league, just because they have different team names. This has nothing to do with competition it's exploitation of the system.

Well to be honest the class restriction only works properly if there's also no incentive to create multiple accounts with the same class, which just leads to the old problem. Because of that the rewards should be only for personal progress/use, this excludes anykind of current shop currency from rewards. Instead of giving hongmoon coins I suggest do design a new shop tab for a new pvp currency. This currency substitutes the current venture token season rewards. The things being able to buy are bound to account. So in general everything in the shop that's not tradeable and isn't used to gain tradeable items, could be bought (and not gifted ofc, which would just lead to another abuse)

5. Implement a season quest (or quests), which is doable once per account per season like: win 100 pvp matches on the account (which is 1-2 per day in a season).

As a possible reward I would name 1 premium transformation stone which is given once per account per season quest. To lower the abuse of this reward I would recommend to implement a new kind of account bound premium transformation stones. Otherwise people will just create 10 accounts and crash the market.

Just a few suggestions to discuss to make arena more interesting for the overall players, I didn't go in changing the fight (like more health or less dmg, no 100-0 combos etc.) because I think that won't happen anyways.

all ppl speaking about gear etc .. wtf why i have to play pvp when this system is not balanced between players .. because if i play 50ms and u 150ms u Will die for sure .. so what's the point huh ? .. this not real competitive is fake competitive

Correct match making. Simple fix. Don't give a group 3 summoners and 3 fms. So tired of all the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ match making giving one group all the cc and the other group all melee( which is mainly just one target directed). happens quite often. Also get paired with ravens all the way up in gold which has no business being there. Horrible when other group has all dragon forge and my group only has all ravens plus just me as the dragon forge... Or give us all Aoes that hit like the fms badge and soul shield. Spamming shadow grasp and meteor in a corridor god forbid there are 2 of them and a summoner. Give all classes a counter that is as effective as the kfm fm and assassin. Fire the developer already or make it so all classes can counter that bullshit and spam aoes in concession . 1 kfm vs a group easily spams his counter because 60 things are hitting him and then uses tremor 2 time in a row  and one shots a whole group. All classes should have that kind of ability if one class does. 

Actually there are lots of people who do pvp both in 1v1 and 3v3...the issue is the moment they get their rank high they stop so they do not loose their rank and rewards and only do it if they are passed by someone. This is how it works in all other pvp games aswel. No event will make people do PVP more, same as the changes you suggested wont make a difference either.

@nemises I like all those ideas except #4. I actually think it's good dedicated PvP players are allowed to play on many alts because that means they can queue more before reaching desert rank and actually keep the arena above 1500 somewhat alive. They even deserve the rewards as they actually put in a lot of play effort. However I agree it's bad they take away rewards from other that way because it's a ranking based reward system. Possible solutions: Season rewards for elo in addition to only class rank. More PvP quests that make people play on same char for longer to reach rewards. Much longer reward lists as suggested above (up to rank 5000 e.g.).

Concerning class matching: Random match ups I actually like, so this should be optional. I would rather have faster matching than restricting class composition.

Just have to think about it, ppl who like to pvp are minority in this game, most of ppl still only do pve content only, so why would nc company take care of pvp content?? (I hate to admit but i like pvp a lot as well but now the ranking just full of pro pvper's alts), and also in arena you don't need to ptw so is more impossible for nc company fix them. They would rather focus more update on pve content so ppl can pay more to them. It is sad but its just how the game work, they use it to make money from majority so they won't pay any attention to minority ppl.

why bother when the same guy with 10 of the same class just sits there farming people .... or the 5+ min wait times for a match just to find an afk person ...arena is a joke 3 x 3 isn't worth cuing for and 6 vs 6 is a whale fest that punishes you for being lower gear but awarding you zero BG points and a message saying you have been awarded no points because you haven't contributed. Even if you spend the whole time harassing and fighting.

Open world was one sided one since i stopped playing two years ago and it's worse now then ever. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Am really keen to see if the new higher elo effects help with this. I mean it seems achievable for me to reach gold again now, and that's one of the incentives they talked about, right?

I think I should arena half an hour a day again to see the difference... =:3

• 1 month later...

i cant agree more with this topic, arena really needs to be more rewarding and it should have way more incentives, the pvp in this game is beautiful, but farming peaches all the time iugh, i like the ideas some ppl has put there to make pvp a more active content, also, not giving advantage over pve players, i love my blade master for pve and its my main but i only feel confortable with kfm for pvp, which also leads me to another situation, i wanna get some advantage after spending hours in arena but it results that my main hast 1 k dragon certificates but she is my pve character, while the character i mostly use only for arena must be equiped now becouse i need to farm the dragon certificates from NS to Shadowmoor, it feels really bad, becouse maybe not many ppl has this issue but i will need to leave my kfm or leave bm or gear both and pve on both, so well, that's not so cool.

i really hope it gets some good updates to make arena more atractive for players, lets just hope we get listened and they do something respect it :).

As a pve player I am in favor of PvP to die off because of Ncsoft's idea of class balance.
Instead of going easy seperate builds for pvp and pve they want to balance it under single build. Destroyers are dead for that reason. And the reason why assassins once were pain to deal with.
But since pvp still popular in korea, I don't expect any kind of change on it.

On 6/13/2018 at 4:21 PM, Yaory said:

@SkFy, i agree 100%. few suggestions to make pvp alive:

1. remove dragon certificats

2. remove whirlwind keys

3. make the ranking system for 3v3 starts from 1400 like you did for 6v6, cause it's way more dead than 1v1 and 6v6

I actually made a topic about that 1 month ago and another one 2 months ago, but everytime it ends up with no one responding to the topic so it just dies.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/239296-please-fix-3v3-ladder/?tab=comments#comment-2028570

I hope this time people will actually keep this topic alive so that they at least notice the problem.

By removing bg keys and arena certificates do you realize that you are killing the only source of income for f2p players?

On 10/4/2018 at 8:26 AM, i wanna die said:

By removing bg keys and arena certificates do you realize that you are killing the only source of income for f2p players?

Well they should bring back solo farm, used to be able to gather materials long ago.. that's gone..
Farm silverfrost mountain dew... that's gone..
Farm moonstones at naksun, that's gone..
Farm ely/sacred orbs at yunsang, that's gone..
Doesn't seem like ncsoft cares much about killing the source of income for f2p people ;/

pvp in bns, kek, nice meme

the whole pvp needs an overhaul not just the arena,even the accessories and its method to obtain and upgrade it.same goes for the mechanincs and the classes,

the bg system.

the ranked system is a joke tbh.so abusable it could make u think, who designed this and was not fired, lul.

the warden class  shows how ignorant the devs are,warden gear gives focus regen, wtf?

they could ve change that atleast to something, uhm, useful?(skill modifiers maybe?extra ap? anything rly)

but noo, we need a new class coz ppl are losing interest,we cant milk them this way.better create a new class without properly streamlining their gear.

and the lyn warden announcement a few weeks later , 0m3g4lül.(i want a gon summoner)

im against removing ww keys, im doing the pve stuffs once a day usually, cause i hate grinding, its just boring to do anything more than once since it gives no reward tbh. 

the best reward for me are the ww keys, cause i enjoy doing bgs when there is a frenzy time(without frenzy its not even worth doing it,and almost no1 does it)

other than horribly unbalanced teams sometimes, bgs are still fun from time to time(every1 is hoping for a whalegear carry, lul)

+imo its just plain stupid to have the same upgrade materials for pvp and pve paths.

dying game?

wasted potential?

all the above?

-this post was made with bnspvpmemegenerator 2k18 oct. edition.

• 4 weeks later...

you all asking for arena to be more rewarding when you really should be asking for pvp to be seriously overhauled and more balanced. you guys think people don't do pvp cause its not rewarding? no people don't do it cause its completely unbalanced with the same damn classes being broken and being on the top ( Sins, FM, BD, Des, Wardens, WL, Sum, KFM) anyone else not on that list is not good and unfortunately sucks ass to the broken classes that NC refuses to fix hence why nobody is doing arena pvp anymore. if we actually got anything close to balance among the classes then maybe then people would actually start doing arena more often but if it just stays in this broken unbalanced state then nobody is gonna do pvp still except for the 2-5% of the bns population that still does it.

• 4 months later...

Want to start this post up again as i'm fed up already and i just returned. I tried to play my favorite class, summoner, in 1v1 arena. Yes i know summoner isn't the best at 1v1, but it can manage and i was able to hit gold on it once before. Matchmaking is bad enough to where i have to fight gold ranked players because there are no silver players trying to pvp.  Then i get this blademaster who only had to cc me once, then kill me with one skill (guessing dragon tongue). He swung his sword ONCE, and i dropped dead. I won't even get started on the other classes. I agree with everyone else, pvp needs a serious overhaul. I'm actually surprised they haven't already done it with how long this game has been alive. This game is honestly a good one, and could be even better if you would change some things. No one cares about your mobile game you trying to release except for a small community. Why not expand the bigger community you still manage to keep around? PvP is my favorite thing about games, and this game makes me want to tear my hair out when i try to pvp. I ended up having to reroll to a sin, but i have to do the storyline allll over again just so i can get back to the spot my summoner was in all because i want a better pvp experience :T 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.3.2019 at 7:26 PM, Drella said:

Want to start this post up again as i'm fed up already and i just returned. I tried to play my favorite class, summoner, in 1v1 arena. Yes i know summoner isn't the best at 1v1, but it can manage and i was able to hit gold on it once before. Matchmaking is bad enough to where i have to fight gold ranked players because there are no silver players trying to pvp.  Then i get this blademaster who only had to cc me once, then kill me with one skill (guessing dragon tongue). He swung his sword ONCE, and i dropped dead. I won't even get started on the other classes. I agree with everyone else, pvp needs a serious overhaul. I'm actually surprised they haven't already done it with how long this game has been alive. This game is honestly a good one, and could be even better if you would change some things. No one cares about your mobile game you trying to release except for a small community. Why not expand the bigger community you still manage to keep around? PvP is my favorite thing about games, and this game makes me want to tear my hair out when i try to pvp. I ended up having to reroll to a sin, but i have to do the storyline allll over again just so i can get back to the spot my summoner was in all because i want a better pvp experience :T 

A Blademaster can certainly not oneshot anyone in arena, if you use your escapes too early or on the wrong skills you need more practice.

Archived