So much for coming back =(

I decided to play bns again after a long break, however it seems impossible with my current setup. 

intel i7-8700k

32gb of ddr4 ram

geforce gtx 1080ti

1tb samsung ssd

The problem is not actually running the game , its after i play, my computer will freeze when trying to shut down or restart. I was so determined that i did a fresh install of windows and still got the same result.  if i start my computer and don't launch the game, i can restart and shut down with no problems. however if i launch the game, close it, and try to shut down or restart, it freezes. I have searched for a while and could not find anyone else having this problem.  

If anyone DOES know of a solution, i'd love to hear it. 

Your specs should be sufficent to run the game; i suspect your PC might be simply overheating or encountering a driver issue. You're not getting a bluescreen right?

Press win + r then type "run eventvwr.exe". That opens the event log, check why your PC is shutting down unexpectedly. 

I agree, a machine with this specs should easily run BnS. Overheating was also my 1st idea and maybe check RAM timings/clocks as well (and maybe reduce), there is a chance that this is not running stable in memory hungry (leaking) stuff like BnS. Have you checked the windows system logs to get an idea what is running wrong?

Archived