Forums

Add a pet pot and a sacred vail to the daily challege

Sheral

Currently it is difficult to raise both the pet and the soul I saw that they applied it in Korea would be good to have it here, they are not giving anything away with this but with the daily challenge entering every day the constant player could put up to date in a quantity of time at most 4 months doing the daily challenge could have your pet almost at maximum during that period of time. Currently they need (225 sacred vail) to have the maximum soul and almost (300 pet pod) to reach its final state.

Sure but then they also have to make the upgrades have a chance to fail like in korea, gonna be fun if your pet pods from a whole month just go poof with one click, you want that?

I am only suggesting a change that would improve the game but never lack the toxic elistist people who oppose we will see how far the p2w when the server closes because there are no people and what face they will put when this happens. I'm not saying that they will give pet pot to taste, if they are not going to help the road is not so frustrating but no matter keep thinking like that, I'm waiting 7 days for another expected mmorpg that they promised not to see p2w despite being a buy-to-play I want to hope that the buy-to-play does not have an advantage in the game over other players by putting money

I agree that Pet Pods and Sacred Vials should be slightly easier to get than they are now, but your suggestion is simply overkill. Adding them to DC would mean people are able to get 70 oils/pods per week, which means it would only take a few weeks to max their soul/pet. Even if they're just added to weekly challenge, 10 oils per week for doing almost nothing is a LOT. 

I would personally have liked to see an item different from Sacred Vial to upgrade from True Cosmic to True Tiger. The reason these things are so expensive (this also goes for Premium Stones), is that new players, end-game whales and anyone inbetween need the same basic items to upgrade.

29 minutes ago, Cauli said:

I agree that Pet Pods and Sacred Vials should be slightly easier to get than they are now, but your suggestion is simply overkill. Adding them to DC would mean people are able to get 70 oils/pods per week, which means it would only take a few weeks to max their soul/pet. Even if they're just added to weekly challenge, 10 oils per week for doing almost nothing is a LOT. 

I would personally have liked to see an item different from Sacred Vial to upgrade from True Cosmic to True Tiger. The reason these things are so expensive (this also goes for Premium Stones), is that new players, end-game whales and anyone inbetween need the same basic items to upgrade.

At no time did I say that these items were tradeables or bound to account that would simply make them unique items for the character. In fact it's like you decide it would not help if it were bound to account by those who have 7 or 15 alt would finish the soul or pet in a month. But if you put restrictions in 4 months with a little effort and buying because it would not reach, the player who enters every day would have his soul in a reasonable state as well as his pet.

55 minutes ago, Sheral said:

I am only suggesting a change that would improve the game but never lack the toxic elistist people who oppose we will see how far the p2w when the server closes because there are no people and what face they will put when this happens. I'm not saying that they will give pet pot to taste, if they are not going to help the road is not so frustrating but no matter keep thinking like that, I'm waiting 7 days for another expected mmorpg that they promised not to see p2w despite being a buy-to-play I want to hope that the buy-to-play does not have an advantage in the game over other players by putting money

Toxic and elitist people opposition? More like common sense and experienced in grinder MMOs people.

As for that mmorpg with the oh so promised lack of p2w - it already failed in a multitude of places. It'll fail here as well. And the no p2w part is a blatant lie by the way. Will be like that at the start and will descend into oblivion like it did on other places.

And they give out pet pods or at least packs and sacred oils. Events are there for that exact reason.

57 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

Toxic and elitist people opposition? More like common sense and experienced in grinder MMOs people.

As for that mmorpg with the oh so promised lack of p2w - it already failed in a multitude of places. It'll fail here as well. And the no p2w part is a blatant lie by the way. Will be like that at the start and will descend into oblivion like it did on other places.

And they give out pet pods or at least packs and sacred oils. Events are there for that exact reason.

these events are mediocre, it is only a sweet to keep the players, the end game is based on raid of 12 to be able to have the final game equipment. BT today makes any, VT at the most there are 20 clans that make that raid and sell the items, the new dungeon so seen in the stream only reach the second you and as a minimum need 400k of dps to make That dungeon just for whales. The only way to get to the end game is to have a mega super kawaii clan to help you get through the dungeon and beg the rng vendor to get the items or the easy way to put money in the game buy gold, which by the way nothing worth the gold, and move extremely fast. For those who do not do VT or TT dungeon the only way was to go through the other equipment passage but they blocked it so much that they pay for a 200 g blody pearl. At this point I ask you. As you do when only a few clans do VT. every progression of accents comes an infinity of gold most of the players who are full do not want the players who are below progress because it does not suit them for something a rancor comes out almost 9k is the way they get gold. The soul event that we see today was to retain the players something that is very good if it were not for that event I would not even be entering but it is like playing with the hope of feeding there. I love this game, I love most of all the combat system that it has despite the fact that the 6v6 is a mess, spend a lifetime in this game from the open beta of the Chinese server, to move to the server obt from Taiwan then to obt de japon. The best faction war I had on the TW server before they incorporated all these disaster items then they killed the open wolrd pvp. And finally put the server in NA no longer had a latency of 500 ms for pvp, but no matter how much you want this game to grow and have the same possibility that brings money that this does not change, there are always people who opposes for their own benefit. I played MxM I saw how they closed the server even though I had the potential to grow but: there was a need to improve the combat system, which did not call enough attention from the players. When not have players there is no income of money for the company, closed case close the server. I hope that this does not happen here. But it is the reality that this is a company they are going to squeeze the pocket of the players when there is nothing more to do than squeeze do not expect the best.

The reason why KR server can be so "generous" with their DC rewards is because they have RNG upgrades that apply to weapon, soul, and pet:

This girl in this video has extreme bad luck, she had to spend over 200 oils to upgrade ONE stage. over 200 oils for ONE stage. The word "generous" above that I use, henceforth is more or less pseudo at best. Even if you have good luck, you'd have to fail at least a few times every time you try. I've watched enough KR streams and vids to get my source on this.

Although we don't have oil and pet in DC rewards, at least we don't have this RNG bs in our upgrades. Once you got the mats + gold, you are guaranteed an upgrade, simple as that. With F2P games, of course NC can't make things too easy for us, and yeah, an oil everyday with guaranteed no RNG upgrade is simply too easy (both for us and for them imo but mostly for us.) This game is free, so of course there must be some sort of catch - whether it's grindiness or RNG. Or would you want an oil everyday in exchange for RNG upgrade? I'd rather not.

No I'm not opposing my own benefits, I'm just being realistic. And somehow, getting this too easily would make upgrades like this hmm boring?

I'm all for making the game less grindy but your suggestion is kinda overkill imo.

How about throwing a vial for 30 coins and a pet pack for 10 coin on F10, but premium players only?

Much better deal than that silly premium cache that gives random trash. Also, this will make player to get premium, then to buy Ncoin or sell gold as the daily cost exceeds the daily income of HMcoin, and stick long enough to the game to receive enough vail/pack.

3 hours ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

The reason why KR server can be so "generous" with their DC rewards is because they have RNG upgrades that apply to weapon, soul, and pet:

This girl in this video has extreme bad luck, she had to spend over 200 oils to upgrade ONE stage. over 200 oils for ONE stage. The word "generous" above that I use, henceforth is more or less pseudo at best. Even if you have good luck, you'd have to fail at least a few times every time you try. I've watched enough KR streams and vids to get my source on this.

Although we don't have oil and pet in DC rewards, at least we don't have this RNG bs in our upgrades. Once you got the mats + gold, you are guaranteed an upgrade, simple as that. With F2P games, of course NC can't make things too easy for us, and yeah, an oil everyday with guaranteed no RNG upgrade is simply too easy (both for us and for them imo but mostly for us.) This game is free, so of course there must be some sort of catch - whether it's grindiness or RNG. Or would you want an oil everyday in exchange for RNG upgrade? I'd rather not.

No I'm not opposing my own benefits, I'm just being realistic. And somehow, getting this too easily would make upgrades like this hmm boring?

I'm all for making the game less grindy but your suggestion is kinda overkill imo.

you're right, if it had happened to me that I'd uninstalled the game in the first two failures

7 hours ago, BirdSpirit said:

Those things will actually come more easily overtime with events. They could just put them in the solar energy shop as well so that people don't go so far as getting one for free a day.

And that is absolutely hilarious cause even one per day means you'll have to spend all the solar energy for your soul for the next six months in order to get to the previous max, a full year to max out a soul with the current top level we got recently.

[Edit]My bad, a full soul is 226 oils. Which means it would take the player a little under eight months to max out one item on one character. Is that truly alright? I say no and that is in a scenario where the player does get one oil/day, which will never happen.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:04 AM, Sheral said:

Currently it is difficult to raise both the pet and the soul I saw that they applied it in Korea would be good to have it here, they are not giving anything away with this but with the daily challenge entering every day the constant player could put up to date in a quantity of time at most 4 months doing the daily challenge could have your pet almost at maximum during that period of time. Currently they need (225 sacred vail) to have the maximum soul and almost (300 pet pod) to reach its final state.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:05 PM, DrindiX said:

lol u're asking for 150-400 gold per day per character ...

21 hours ago, ToxicPeopleKiller said:

Yeah and free aransu for all ohh and gem also gilded ones.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:31 PM, Cor said:

Sure but then they also have to make the upgrades have a chance to fail like in korea, gonna be fun if your pet pods from a whole month just go poof with one click, you want that?

we still have Solar Energy they should remaster that TAB in dragon express :) thats the best option for daily challange now

4 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

And that is absolutely hilarious cause even one per day means you'll have to spend all the solar energy for your soul for the next six months in order to get to the previous max, a full year to max out a soul with the current top level we got recently.

[Edit]My bad, a full soul is 226 oils. Which means it would take the player a little under eight months to max out one item on one character. Is that truly alright? I say no and that is in a scenario where the player does get one oil/day, which will never happen.

You completely ignored the fact that I said this stuff will come from events as well.

57 minutes ago, BirdSpirit said:

You completely ignored the fact that I said this stuff will come from events as well.

It might come as a surprise for you, but most events thus far, except the Realmrift Supply Chain where we actually had a challenge, were so bad that people sighed constantly while running them.

It's also worth pointing out that events don't really give you more than a sixth of oil per day. Imo one per day is insufficient with the current abysmally heavy progression, let alone less than that which is the case in NA/EU :giggle:

On 5/22/2018 at 1:22 PM, MassiveEgo said:

It might come as a surprise for you, but most events thus far, except the Realmrift Supply Chain where we actually had a challenge, were so bad that people sighed constantly while running them.

It's also worth pointing out that events don't really give you more than a sixth of oil per day. Imo one per day is insufficient with the current abysmally heavy progression, let alone less than that which is the case in NA/EU :giggle:

I didn't realize we were rating events and how good they were. I thought this topic was about attaining expensive things we need a lot of. You're able to get an awakened soul in this event which is about 16 oils x 300g = 4.8k g. Dunno why you think it's bad.

Also if you haven't noticed, NCSoft wants you to spend money in order to max everything out. That's why it is so difficult to attain these items.

2 hours ago, BirdSpirit said:

I didn't realize we were rating events and how good they were. I thought this topic was about attaining expensive things we need a lot of. You're able to get an awakened soul in this event which is about 16 oils x 300g = 4.8k g. Dunno why you think it's bad.

Also if you haven't noticed, NCSoft wants you to spend money in order to max everything out. That's why it is so difficult to attain these items.

How else would we rate events? It's supposed to be a "fun" activity, not a sucky "more of the same grind" kind. Also the gold value is not 4,8k. You don't add in the value of upgrading the fleeting soul plus the value of every fail for the golden soul.

They want what any business wants - money/gold/platinum/crude oil/whatever of value. Being a customer means what I want is more important cause I am the one whose money they want (and of course everybody else's alongside me). And I personally want quality costumes. I couldn't give a rat's a** about anything p2w related, nor will I ever pay a dime for gear. gearing up was always a gameplay mechanic, not a cash shop one and I'm not going to add to the statistic upon which they base this ridiculous strategy of selling gear mats.

18 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

You don't add in the value of upgrading the fleeting soul plus the value of every fail for the golden soul.

This cost is almost insignificant comparing to 4.8k

On 5/23/2018 at 5:31 PM, MassiveEgo said:

How else would we rate events? It's supposed to be a "fun" activity, not a sucky "more of the same grind" kind. Also the gold value is not 4,8k. You don't add in the value of upgrading the fleeting soul plus the value of every fail for the golden soul.

They want what any business wants - money/gold/platinum/crude oil/whatever of value. Being a customer means what I want is more important cause I am the one whose money they want (and of course everybody else's alongside me). And I personally want quality costumes. I couldn't give a rat's a** about anything p2w related, nor will I ever pay a dime for gear. gearing up was always a gameplay mechanic, not a cash shop one and I'm not going to add to the statistic upon which they base this ridiculous strategy of selling gear mats.

Ok so since you just want to be f2p, then be f2p and accept the fact that we will never get a maxed out soul/pet and that our mats will come steadily through events. Again, you can't ask for so much because they want people to spend.

@BirdSpirit It will remain a fact for as long as there are those who like gearing up through troves, daily rotations, rng boxes full of materials and so on. The moment people stop funding p2w, it will go away and the drop rates ingame will be adjusted to compensate for the lack of materials. Or did you assume they would keep doing the same and close the game when it inevitably fails? We saw how well that worked out with MxM :giggle:

As for being f2p, that's not my problem, it's theirs. If they start selling things I'm interested in, I'll buy. If they don't, then I won't. Of course they handicap themselves with this p2w, since it makes me focus on one character, meaning the chances of me purchasing costumes I'm interested in for my alts when I barely play them, is near zero. In other words, their business model and my purchase habits don't align at all. I sure as hell don't intent on starting a chain of bad decisions just so they can keep their precious p2w model going, so the ball is in their yard for the time being. If they want ME to spend on their shop, they'd better start putting good stuff in there. I want to see costumes that shine. High quality textures, proper material physics, high poly count meshes. I want to see hairstyles that look like proper hair not like a broom that was dipped in a bucket of tar for a day. Of course making this requires effort, while making a p2w gig doesn't as all the mats are already in the game.

Archived