Forums

Gaming pc

raiking

I don't think the 1st PC is able to run BnS in a reliable way at all. I can't believe that something with an ancient CPU like the AMD  Phenom II X2 b55  3.00Ghz is offered in something called a gaming PC. Check ebay yourself, you can get the CPU used for something like 15 Euro.

Atm, if you want to go for an AMD CPU - for gaming - forget about all of them that are not called Ryzen.

The 2nd one, well it's  a Laptop, so don't expect the same specs as for  a similar desktop hardware. But it looks pretty OK for that.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Cohen:

This one is old crap too. Instead of searching for "gaming" PCs on eBay and finding those fakes ask a friend that is familiar with current PC specs for help.

so true, this are all old rigs which have been refurbished and by adding a Geforce 1050 they gonna  be called gaming pc...

to give you a rough idea: this 3rd offer has a 2nd gen core i5 at 3.1 GHz, My old machine which died about 10 days ago was a 3rd gen i5, OC at 4 GHz on all cores. With a eye candy high, but by far not max out graphic settings the FPS dropped down to 20 at highly crowded areas like bank in muchin tower ch1 (without hiding other chars ofc)... And yes the CPU bottle necked there at 100% load.

Sorry to say dude, but the PCs you link are hardly even low end, let alone gaming. Technically you can game in all of them but don't expect smooth sailing. The i5 2500 one is kinda alright and will give you stable 20 fps and that's pretty much it, the rest will give you less than that.

alright I try to give an idea what might be a reliable PC for BnS as it is atm:

CPU: i3-8350K (this a new 4 core one, open to overclocking, use an overclocking mainboard and good cooler so you can at least expect 4,5 GHz as an base

Graphics; go for at least a geforce 1050 TI, but the higher is the better

RAM; rather high frequency, maybe 8GB are enough, better 16 GB 

don't bother about graphics and RAM as long you can't hit the CPU values.

PS: this is my idea for the game at the current situation, for myself I gone a different way, as I lost a bit of my faith into BnS after last patch and my gaming system died just one day after....

20 hours ago, raiking said:

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=263467867124&category=179&pm=1&ds=0&t=1526509432000&ver=0&cspheader=1, can this desktop play bns at ultra settings? Also, how much fps can I expect to have at ultra? Thanks in advance.

Why don't you give a price range so someone can give you a suggestion on what to get? What can you afford to spend on a gaming PC?

This 615 USD Desktop with GTX 1060 6GB and i3-8100 (3.6GHz) can run Blade & Soul at 60-80 FPS at medium settings (1920 x 1080 resolution + 4/5 graphics). In areas such as Hive Queen in VT and Soulstone Plains the FPS will drop under 20 FPS.

In addition, buy a 100Hz monitor if you have spare money.

4 hours ago, Belido said:

but the higher is the better

that's not how it works D:

all you need is a 2012/2016 build for bns and you are fine.

43 minutes ago, raiking said:

get out from ebay unless you want to be scammed.

HolyZealot gave you a good link, now click it.

19 hours ago, Belido said:

Graphics; go for at least a geforce 1050 TI, but the higher is the better

RAM; rather high frequency, maybe 8GB are enough, better 16 GB

1050ti is a serious overkill for this game. Pretty much everything over gtx 660ti will give you stable 90 fps if the CPU can output that many;

8GB is a no go with the latest win10 build. 12GB minimum, pref 16GB, ideally 24 and above;

12 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

1050ti is a serious overkill for this game. Pretty much everything over gtx 660ti will give you stable 90 fps if the CPU can output that many;

8GB is a no go with the latest win10 build. 12GB minimum, pref 16GB, ideally 24 and above;

And 24+ is over kill. I don't know what you are running but I've never seen my mem usage hit above 12 with BnS, or any other game for that matter.

1 minute ago, Racingwind said:

And 24+ is over kill. I don't know what you are running but I've never seen my mem usage hit above 12 with BnS, or any other game for that matter.

Eventually the client will eat as much ram as it can if left on for long enough.

Honestly you'd be better off going to B&H Hardware's website and picking up something from there, rather than shopping on ebay. Do not ever, I repeat, do not ever buy your gaming computer on ebay. You are setting yourself up to be scammed- please do some research and read the stories about people who have payed for computers and received a -picture- of a computer in the mail instead. Ebay will do nothing to protect you if you get scammed in this way. Also read the listing very -very- carefully for trick wording if you insist upon buying a computer on ebay.

Seriously, just save up and get yourself a $1000 computer from the Lenovo Legion series if you want to spend money on a mid-teir gaming pc (Might be considered low teir at this point? I'm not even sure). I have a lenovo legion in my house with a 1050ti, i7 processor that I upgraded to 16gb that runs blade and soul just fine when I'm not using my main gaming pc. I bought it on sale from B&H. I can get 60fps + out of it. (Of course the recent windows 10 updates have messed me up, still trying to troubleshoot whatever is happening with that, but still...)

I do recommend going for a 1050ti+ for this game. Yes, lower graphics cards can run it just fine, but if you want to get into other games that are more modern than blade and soul, you'll need something better. No reason to choose your pc for one game only, give yourself options.

Just don't scam yourself by going for ebay.

9 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

Eventually the client will eat as much ram as it can if left on for long enough.

While I don't deny that bns might have memory leak but I've left my client open for like 2 days straight (relatives playing with it while I was sleeping) and didn't go above 14G.

I mean I guess if you have the $ and wants to burn it on something I suppose you could get 24. But man, like I've said, never seen anything that took more than 12G. Aside from my 3D rendering program that's doing 8k renders, 36+ won't satisfy that beast.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:43 PM, MassiveEgo said:

16gb is enough, getting more just for BnS is far from reasonable. The only reason to argue it is because you already said 24 and looking at your name... yeah

10 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

16gb is enough, getting more just for BnS is far from reasonable. The only reason to argue it is because you already said 24 and looking at your name... yeah

That's why I wrote ''pref 16, ideally 24''. 16 is the sensible amount, 24 is the ''this will ensure that even if you go to every instance in the game, it won't crash due to ram limitations when you open 4-5 browser windows'' amount.

P.S. Don't mock me.

8 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

That's why I wrote ''pref 16, ideally 24''. 16 is the sensible amount, 24 is the ''this will ensure that even if you go to every instance in the game, it won't crash due to ram limitations when you open 4-5 browser windows'' amount.

P.S. Don't mock me.

Lol, I couldn't resist poking some fun, I'm sorry.

Archived