Returning players, anyone mind throwing few tips ?

Tatsuluna

Hello everyone, basically like the title says, i'm a returning player, only difference is that this time i brought my girlfriend into this (muahaha) and we are basically starting from 0, i used to play long time ago, actually i played bns ever since launch day but i stoped like year and a half ago i think somewhere around when sogun's lament was endgame (? can't remember exactly, but it was around there, i noticed there are tons and tons of new content and new things, and i feel lost now, long story short i'm seeking some advices about what should we do when we hit max lvl ¿ ( i think it's 55? ) if there is anyone that wouldn't mind tossing a detailed guide to enlight us about what should we strive/farm as soon as we hit max lvl so that way we don't waste time later farming instances we might not need in the end, i would really really appreciate it

PS: if there is a detailed guide about this roaming around this forum or any other place i would still appreciate the link of it, i've never been that much of a forum oriented person in any game so you can figure i don't visit or read much hehe

Thanks beforehand :PoharanHappy:

Welcome back..well, to you at least. Welcome to BnS to your girlfriend XD

If you two are going to start playing from scratch, don't worry about your gear or weapon until you've finished the storyline (yellow quests) and raid's storyline (orange quests - you won't be able to "finish" them yet as these will require you to join 12-man parties).

The Hongmoon weapon upgrade/upgrade-as-you-progress-through-the-storyline has been removed from the system, you'll be given a 'starter' package as you move along the storyline. 

Whilst going about your quests, you'll start to receive "Lucent" gear (~level 50), you'll want to hold onto these as you'll need them to upgrade your legendary gear later - if you happen to accidentally discard or sell them, you can find/farm them in specific dungeons again (Lair of the Frozen Fang, Avalanche Den and Awakened Necropolis).

Once you've finished your storyline, if your Baleful/Seraph weapon doesn't have 6 gem slots yet, you'll want to head to Grand Harvest Square (in Silverfrost Mountains), there should be a NPC vendor there that sells these boxes - keep opening them until you get 6 gem slots (do NOT settle for 5 gem slots). Good luck!

Once you have 6 gem slots, head to Valindria - Solak region and pick yourself up some Hollow accessories from one of the vendors there (Tip: If you're lacking Naryu Silver, head to Celestial Basin and kill the mini-bosses there, they should drop 1 per kill).

Once armed with your new weapon and set of accessories, you'll want to begin upgrading your weapon to at least Stage 10 (you should be able to get to stage 6 fairly easily if you head to Gunwon City - Celestial Basin and farm peaches for your materials and such).

As you farm your peaches, you'll want to slowly replace your gems with Hongmoon Hexagonal Gems. You can purchase these by heading into the market (F5), picking yourself up some Hongmoon Gem Powder, each gem will cost you 4 of them and heading into your Dragon Express and purchase your gems.

The "staples" you'll want to get are (ranking in importance): Diamond, Ruby, Aquamarine and Amethyst. The other 2 slots, you can fill in as you please.

Whilst farming peaches in Celestial Basin, you'll also want to part take in the Boss event that occurs around every 30-70 minutes or so, depending on how many players are farming peaches at that time. Once you've killed one, pick up the pouch, hop channels and kill another - if you're lucky, you'll be able to hop 3 times and net yourself min. 3 pouches - landing the final blow gets you another pouch (Tip: Pay attention to the Region Chat - there will be players announcing which channels are "dead" and which are "alive", these are related to the boss's status on that channel). Consider these pouches as "bonus money", they have a chance at dropping Evolve stones which can be sold for some nice pocket change.

Whilst you're there, you'll also want to pick up your Mystic Badge (maybe let me/us know what classes you're playing and I'll/we'll be able to help you choose - or look up a relevant class guide). Oh and don't forget to pick yourself up the Soul Warden profession - you'll want to level it a bit and then grab yourself some Soul Shield Primers, these are used to upgrade your MSP soul shield (the MSP set is given to you during the story).

When you have a few new gems, a mystic badge and Baleful/Seraph Stage 10, you'll want to head to Mushin's Tower, there's a vendor there that sells Soul Badges, now, these can set you back at min. ~200G - so you don't have to purchase the tokens just yet, just note down the price and start saving.

By this point, you'll want to start running dungeons, specifically: Naryu Sanctum, Naryu Foundry and Desolate Tomb. You can run it once every day for 10 days, or just knock out all 10 runs for each dungeons together.

Once you have completed 10 runs for each dungeon, you'll want to head to the Achievement Vendor in Zaiwei, and pick yourself up some legendary accessories, starting with bracelet, then belt then necklace.

If you're lacking the Draken Cores to make the purchase, complete "the dead refuse to die" - this should give you enough cores for at least 2 accessories.

Once you have that (and your 6 Hexagonal gems), you two will need to make a choice, either:

1. Upgrade your weapon to Raven 1.

2. Upgrade your Soul (not Soul Badge) to Stage 6.

3. Purchase a Soul Badge and pick between 1 and 2.

This is because at this point, the cost to move forward will be roughly the same.

Once you have completed 1, 2 and 3, welcome to late-game! This is when you want to start running the Skybreak Spire raid (you don't have to have the money to make bids, completing the quest and "being there for the bids" can earn you a few gold here and there), as you complete more and more weekly runs of BT, grab yourself your accessories and start to upgrade them - starting with your bracelet, then your BT accessories, then belt then necklace - if you don't have BT accessories yet, just ignore than bit and hop from bracelet to belt.

In regards to the raid, you can PUG it, or find/join/create a clan and part take in it yourselves ^^

Annd.. that's it. Or at least I think that's it.. if I miss anything, someone please fill in the gaps XD

Happy adventuring you two!

20 minutes ago, Ludicium said:

Welcome back..well, to you at least. Welcome to BnS to your girlfriend XD

If you two are going to start playing from scratch, don't worry about your gear or weapon until you've finished the storyline (yellow quests) and raid's storyline (orange quests - you won't be able to "finish" them yet as these will require you to join 12-man parties).

The Hongmoon weapon upgrade/upgrade-as-you-progress-through-the-storyline has been removed from the system, you'll be given a 'starter' package as you move along the storyline. 

Whilst going about your quests, you'll start to receive "Lucent" gear (~level 50), you'll want to hold onto these as you'll need them to upgrade your legendary gear later - if you happen to accidentally discard or sell them, you can find/farm them in specific dungeons again (Lair of the Frozen Fang, Avalanche Den and Awakened Necropolis).

Once you've finished your storyline, if your Baleful/Seraph weapon doesn't have 6 gem slots yet, you'll want to head to Grand Harvest Square (in Silverfrost Mountains), there should be a NPC vendor there that sells these boxes - keep opening them until you get 6 gem slots (do NOT settle for 5 gem slots). Good luck!

Once you have 6 gem slots, head to Valindria - Solak region and pick yourself up some Hollow accessories from one of the vendors there (Tip: If you're lacking Naryu Silver, head to Celestial Basin and kill the mini-bosses there, they should drop 1 per kill).

Once armed with your new weapon and set of accessories, you'll want to begin upgrading your weapon to at least Stage 10 (you should be able to get to stage 6 fairly easily if you head to Gunwon City - Celestial Basin and farm peaches for your materials and such).

As you farm your peaches, you'll want to slowly replace your gems with Hongmoon Hexagonal Gems. You can purchase these by heading into the market (F5), picking yourself up some Hongmoon Gem Powder, each gem will cost you 4 of them and heading into your Dragon Express and purchase your gems.

The "staples" you'll want to get are (ranking in importance): Diamond, Ruby, Aquamarine and Amethyst. The other 2 slots, you can fill in as you please.

Whilst farming peaches in Celestial Basin, you'll also want to part take in the Boss event that occurs around every 30-70 minutes or so, depending on how many players are farming peaches at that time. Once you've killed one, pick up the pouch, hop channels and kill another - if you're lucky, you'll be able to hop 3 times and net yourself min. 3 pouches - landing the final blow gets you another pouch (Tip: Pay attention to the Region Chat - there will be players announcing which channels are "dead" and which are "alive", these are related to the boss's status on that channel). Consider these pouches as "bonus money", they have a chance at dropping Evolve stones which can be sold for some nice pocket change.

Whilst you're there, you'll also want to pick up your Mystic Badge (maybe let me/us know what classes you're playing and I'll/we'll be able to help you choose - or look up a relevant class guide). Oh and don't forget to pick yourself up the Soul Warden profession - you'll want to level it a bit and then grab yourself some Soul Shield Primers, these are used to upgrade your MSP soul shield (the MSP set is given to you during the story).

When you have a few new gems, a mystic badge and Baleful/Seraph Stage 10, you'll want to head to Mushin's Tower, there's a vendor there that sells Soul Badges, now, these can set you back at min. ~200G - so you don't have to purchase the tokens just yet, just note down the price and start saving.

By this point, you'll want to start running dungeons, specifically: Naryu Sanctum, Naryu Foundry and Desolate Tomb. You can run it once every day for 10 days, or just knock out all 10 runs for each dungeons together.

Once you have completed 10 runs for each dungeon, you'll want to head to the Achievement Vendor in Zaiwei, and pick yourself up some legendary accessories, starting with bracelet, then belt then necklace.

If you're lacking the Draken Cores to make the purchase, complete "the dead refuse to die" - this should give you enough cores for at least 2 accessories.

Once you have that (and your 6 Hexagonal gems), you two will need to make a choice, either:

1. Upgrade your weapon to Raven 1.

2. Upgrade your Soul (not Soul Badge) to Stage 6.

3. Purchase a Soul Badge and pick between 1 and 2.

This is because at this point, the cost to move forward will be roughly the same.

Once you have completed 1, 2 and 3, welcome to late-game! This is when you want to start running the Skybreak Spire raid (you don't have to have the money to make bids, completing the quest and "being there for the bids" can earn you a few gold here and there), as you complete more and more weekly runs of BT, grab yourself your accessories and start to upgrade them - starting with your bracelet, then your BT accessories, then belt then necklace - if you don't have BT accessories yet, just ignore than bit and hop from bracelet to belt.

In regards to the raid, you can PUG it, or find/join/create a clan and part take in it yourselves ^^

Annd.. that's it. Or at least I think that's it.. if I miss anything, someone please fill in the gaps XD

Happy adventuring you two!

Welp, i have to say this just cleared out a lot of things for me, you have no idea how much i appreciate it, will definitely strive to this.

And in regards to classes, well, i used to main destro / bm, but now, after reading forums a little bit apparently destroyers are not that much of an appreciated class these days, from what i understood in raids people look up more to find kfm / assasins and honestly i always wanted to play kfm even though i know it's one of the most dificult classes to play, i like challenges so i might be maining one, never did before because i felt intimidated by them, never really bothered in lvling one beyond 40, ( mostly because i'm lazy and i was way too used to play destro ani canceling 24/7 ) been trying to look up for guides about kfm but haven't find much and also can't tell which build is better between fire and wind so i guess i'll have to figure that later on or look for advices, on the other hand my gf, well she decided to play summoner lol so i guess she will learn in the way

44 minutes ago, Tatsuluna said:

Welp, i have to say this just cleared out a lot of things for me, you have no idea how much i appreciate it, will definitely strive to this.

And in regards to classes, well, i used to main destro / bm, but now, after reading forums a little bit apparently destroyers are not that much of an appreciated class these days, from what i understood in raids people look up more to find kfm / assasins and honestly i always wanted to play kfm even though i know it's one of the most dificult classes to play, i like challenges so i might be maining one, never did before because i felt intimidated by them, never really bothered in lvling one beyond 40, ( mostly because i'm lazy and i was way too used to play destro ani canceling 24/7 ) been trying to look up for guides about kfm but haven't find much and also can't tell which build is better between fire and wind so i guess i'll have to figure that later on or look for advices, on the other hand my gf, well she decided to play summoner lol so i guess she will learn in the way

Haha, no worries =) Glad I could help you two.

As for your classes, Destroyer is definitely still viable, you just need gear for it to perform well. I'd highly suggest playing Destroyer solely for Hurl ability. Nothing beats getting your girlfriend to dress up in a different faction outfit and throwing her at bosses/mobs XD Something like this.

Teasing/joking aside, I'll cover your listed classes then.

KFM: This is up there in terms of how ping-dependent it is (requires low ping), but, both elements are fine. With fire, your rotation is a lot more concrete, however, you'll have an easier time overall (as it doesn't require you to animation cancel, and has AoE damage). With wind, it's a lot more flexible in terms of rotation, but you'll need to ani. cancel to get the most out of your class. They'll roughly do the same amount of damage with VT gear.

Summoner is hella fun too! and should make both her and your life/journey 100000% easier/more enjoyable. Earth will eventually out-DPS wind (and the animation is a lot cuter than wind imo) once she hits VT gear, up until then she could use wind or earth, the choice is up to her.

As for your soul badges, you'll want to get:

KFM (fire & wind): At endgame, you'll want to grab yourself an Ancestral Soul Badge (combination of Alluvion Soul Badge and Glory Soul Badge), so, you can grab either one of those or go for Magnum Soul Badge, which is the most optimum Soul Badge for KFM pre-legendary.

Summoner (wind): Your girlfriend will want to grab the Ancestral Soul Badge endgame (combination of Courage Soul Badge and Glory Soul Badge), so she can choose between between Courage Soul Badge or Glory Soul Badge - I recommend Courage Soul Badge first as its the better choice pre-legendary.

Summoner (earth): Endgame Soul badge shall be Undying Soul Badge (combination of Magnum Soul Badge and Sagewood Soul Badge). Again, the choice is up to her, although I recommend Magnum as it goes well with her Mystic Badge.

As for your Mystic Badges:

KFM (fire & wind): Revelation Mystic Badge for pre-legendary, 

Summoner (wind & earth): Pulse Mystic Badge for pre-legendary - fairly simple for the both of you ^^

In terms of your weapons, you both will want to grab Baleful weapon (dark weapon box).

Seeing as I haven't touched KFM (use to main Summoner), my facts could be wrong about KFM, so if it is, someone do correct me.

As for searching through the archives, be careful as there have been 2 pretty large-size patches to the classes since 2018. 

1 hour ago, Tatsuluna said:

from what i understood in raids people look up more to find kfm / assasins

Hmmm not necessarily. All classes are pretty viable at endgame. It isn't about what class you play but more so about if you "can" play your class the right way then you will never have trouble finding a group regardless of your class. Destroyers also have good dps at endgame with gear. Also make sure you have good ping if you're deciding on kfm or assassin but then again I know a good kfm that plays with almost 300 ping though I can imagine it's tough.

1. Tank, buff(blue buff [kfm/sin - both hard to play], soulburn [warlock - range class, boring gameplay in my eyes at least] - nothing beats melee/close range battle) are in high demand, especially if you make an effort to learn mechanics
2. Only do story line, unless you are a fan of the lore
3. Don´t rush, because we expect some more changes soon, that make it easier to get mats, gear up and we´re expecting a new tank-class "warrior" in general, which aims at less ping reliant melee/range combat playstyle(split by element), so you might want to wait and read some guides until then.
4. After you finished the yellow story quest, make sure to buy the Hollow Accessories from the NPC in Valindra(each 10 Naryu Silver)
5. Gear-wise this sets you up for every dungeon up to Gloom Incursion, but to catch up you would have to first get your bracelet and farm mats, which might be a bit boring for some time (celestial basin).
6. To shorten the time find a nice guild/friends that don´t mind to help, but in general this is the hardest time, since you are in-between not finding groups, because you lack gear and lack mats/gold to gear.
7. Ways to earn gold and some mats are quests(cold storage, heavens mandte[need whiteorb] up to gloom incursion[see dungeon list]; weekly low lvl raids that can be completed with 1k ap(dkv, aransu school, jade palace) - but usually most people demand 1,1k to pug it, so don´t get hung up on it; celestial basin[mats//alot grinding]; events [hard to complete if low geared/normal dungeons are involved]; daily challenge[best choose the easiest and fastest route. At one point mats are even more important than gold, regardless of the amount you have. But for now you have to aim to get any gold at all.
8. Never unseal unbount mats(sacred orb, elysian orb, moonstones, soulstones) - sell them for now and craft the materials you need.
9. Never transmute PSTS - never - until you are at a point where gold/mats don´t matter to you, better buy them, so long the transmute stays rng(550g marketprice is alot, but better sth. 100% for certain, than nothing at all) - sell the mats needed instead, usually they add up at least to 60-70% of the price.
10. During trove/rng box release most materials drop in price- try to stack/buy items, when they are low and favorite the most important items in f5 to have a good overview, instead of typing everything into the search-bar
11. F8-Dungeons is your friend, but never press LFP in F8, unless you can carry 3-4 people or pug a dungeon. Register a party for yourself and write down your requirements.
If you join randoms writing requirements you don´t meet(1,1k ap, blue buff, sb) they usually kick you.
12. Learn your class and mechanics that involves them(usually split into range and melee range), the more mechanics/respnsibilties you can shoulder the more people will remember your name and look away if you don´t meet some requirements(takes time).
13. "Remember your name" - choose a name that´s easy to remember(takes alot time @.@, at least for me - character creation - you can use a blank space in your name though "Tanya Meguré")
14. Speak up - staying silent in dungeons is boring, it also helps to make a dungeon feel shorter, make jokes and compliment people if they did something well(beware: only joke if you are certain with mechanics); don´t get baited into verbal fights - waste of time(stay neutral and dismiss it, regardless what they say ; stay focused and do your part and just apologize if you mess up, saying sorry doesn´t hurt and it´s all most want to hear).
15. Stay informed - this game is published in many regions, with KR usually getting the first updates applied, while NA/EU follows 2-5months after; watch patch previews/streams(sounds like a job by now, but it becomes even more "work-intensive" if you don´t)
16. There is a chain-quest that gives you legendary jewels, needed to upgrade accessories, sadly idk the name, but you need to complete several dungeons in succession(that´s for later though, since many dungeons have higher ap requirements).
17. level at least 3-5 alts that finished the story quest to participate in events or do weeklies if they meet the requirements.(might get boring, but worth it, since most events have no ap requirement and can be done within 3-8min and the gain can be high)
18. Forget pvp for a while(1v1, 3v3 - skill-based // 6v6 - gear-based)
19. Enjoy the game, take your time, don´t force yourself to farm endlessly, a game should be enjoyed.
Challenge yourself and make an effort to learn mechanics before you enter anything above "The shattered masts"(see f8 dungeon list).
Depending on the parties, you might be able to pug everything up to Ebondrake Lair, feeling like you didn´t even have to learn the mechanics, but better you can than you can´t. Making sure that no one can blame you and people think of you as useful, rather than useless.

20. Very important: Regardless of the setup/specs your PC has this setting is a must to reduce stutters.
Open settings in-game(press O) - select the first tab "Game" - go "Interface" - untick everything in the bracket "Quest" on the right side - open your quest manager now ( J ) - next to your listed quests now appear boxes - untick every quest(that will remove them from your tracking list).
Make sure that no quest remains aside from the yellow main quest in your tracking list.

Even though this makes it harder to keep track of your Quests, since you have to open your quest window( J ) once you finish your quest tick it, take it and repeat, but due to a bug that has been undiscovered since 2 years, this actually greatly increases your fps:

reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/8ede1z/ghetto_fix_improve_fps_stuttering_on_event_dungeon/

Archived