"GM1: Hi, system update compensation..."

Noalaa

...frozen stingers..."

Could you guys (NCSOFT) just implement a system that if you have more than 20 spam reports your account gets instantly suspended until you file a ticket to state your case to have it restored?

This constant return to Jadestone, to be pelted with whispers from these a-holes is getting tiresome and honestly makes me want to play less.

Thanks and stuff

Yeah... so, the problem with all this is a frequent one in free to play MMOs... and it's not one they can easily take care of.

Essentially, someone makes one of these spam bot accounts, speed-runs them to the right level, puts them in a location somewhere and turns on these phishing scam bots. The problem arises in that, once a GM bans the account, the person is already in the process of making a new account and new character to get back to the same level to do the whole thing over again. And more than likely, this is not a single person, but a group of bot farmers doing this nonsense.

Essentially, think of it like a game of Whack-A-Mole - knock one down, another pops up.

It sounds like they're not doing anything about it, but they are. The problem is that, much like any other pest, the more you kill, the more reappear... until you somehow destroy the nest.

4 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

@SilverFoxR We need to make phone registration mandatory. Let's see how many phone numbers are they ready to buy to sustain their shady business.

But with apps like Pinger textfree, they could generate an infinite number of free phone numbers in any region they want, since there's no restriction...

Problem 1: You can easyly suspend a normal player with help of clanmates when there is an auto suspension, so abuse is a real concern.

Problem 2: i would neither give my phone nor my mobile number. In times where privacy and surveilence is a critical theme, this wont work. Ill guess many players would leave, at least i would. 

Maybe implement an in-game captcha system that appears at random after killing any enemy anywhere outside of dungeons. You get 3 chances to do the captcha correctly.

Doing the captcha correctly will give you a buff to your Attack Power, HP and EXP gain. The buff lasts for 60 minutes and the captcha will not reappear until after the buff has expired.

Failing to do the captcha correctly within 60 seconds (timer resets when you fail one of your chances) or failing all 3 of your chances will give you a debuff that drops all your stats to 0 (AP and HP to 1) and freezes your EXP gain. The debuff lasts for 60 minutes, and the captcha may reappear immediately after the debuff expires. Characters with the debuff get an icon above their heads and will also be automatically reported as a bot by the system.

If a real person fails the captcha and gets the debuff just send a ticket with a screenshot proving your character is not a bot.

There, bot problem solved.

The problem could have been solved 2 years ago. The Solutoins is called RegEx or Regular Expression which is part of every damn coding languange regardless wether it is php, C, C++, perl, TCL or whatever.

Simply use RegEx to identify gold spam. It would maybe take 1 or 2 month watching what goldspammers type and adjust your RegEx and problem could have been solved.

Archived