Black Tower Raid leader tips or advice in general?

Chinuchi

Hai! So I’m kind of a new playerish, I made the account during the first week of the game but stopped and returned two years later. 

So my mains a Lyn BD (lightning build) lvl 55 hm10 close to 11 and my AP is only around 1021 now. My weapon is now at Raven stage 1, I have full MSP SS all my legendary accessories from DT, EC and NF and they’re around stage 3-4. I’m using the event soul right now to get the ascending one, and I have the courage soul badge and my mystic pulse badge. 

So I’ve kinda been wanting to try and run BT along with a friend of mine who’s a destroyer sitting at 950AP. But our only dilemma is we can never find actual runs besides PUBG’s or competitive clans with high costs. So if I got this right, even if we do pay for a carry through the raid it’s not guaranteed what we need drops right? Plus it’ll also take more than one run seeing all the forums and...yeah I don’t have the gold for that lmao. I also rather not spend actual money on this game (unless it’s cosmetics lol). Also I’m not complaining about high costs, I’m just a broke little loli blade dancer lmao. 

I also run a fun little social clan *coughs* *Poharans Panties* *cough* *not self promoting* so joining a competitive clan is still a no. 

So why not try to recruit for BT myself? I know they nerfed BT but I’m guessing it’s probably a little more complex than KDV, FAS, SJF, and MSPP raids. 

I’ve already watched a lot of videos on the bosses in Black Tower and am learning the mechanics with my friend. I haven’t attempted to ever try to look for or run this raid because I just didnt think I was qualified enough or I couldn’t find a..cost friendly..? Raid. But are their any other tips I should know if I’m ‘trying’ to recruit and be a BT raid leader? (Emphasis on trying). I also live in the EST time zone in case that was needed? 

(Or should I give up on my BT dreams drop money on gear buy 12 fortune boxes for the coins get a lightning elemental and a roughhewn ring? I’ve actually thought about this, please someone talk me out of this. RIP my cosmetic money) 

As someone who's run BT in both static parties and in PUGs, I can say that each clan will most likely run their BTs differently. So consider these tips from me, as personal advice and doesn't reflect how every clan runs their raid.

1. Once you have a 12-man party and everyone's inside the raid itself, before starting, list the starting bidding prices (ie. 50G for Accessories, etc.) and if there are any items reserved - even if it is a clan-based run, it's still nice to have confirmation.

2. Be clear as to which party goes to/does which, who's tanking, etc. before starting the fight - just lowers the chances of confusion.

3. Offline/DC'ed players - now this is varies a lot in each party, so it's dependent on the raid leader. When a member of the raid disconnects, etc. decide on how long you think is a reasonable time to wait for the player (to see if they'll reconnect again), and announce it in Alliance chat (ie. I've ran with some parties who kicks right away, whereas my clan waits for 5-10 minutes).

4. Announce all items in Alliance chat (pretty self-explanatory) - and make sure to let the raid members know if you're giving Elysian orbs to the tank/key, etc. before beginning the raid.

5. When players die, they will typically get moved into a party of their own (some raids don't, but some do) - do not prioritize this over staying alive though.

6. Before starting each raid, check to see if everyone's ready.

And, that's all I can think of for now.

As for purchasing runs, it's honestly not worth it in my opinion - even more so if you're running low on cash.

Wait for someone to announce in region chat with something like "Skybreak Spire, all welcome, bring your alts, apply on me 6/12", etc. - the reason to not purchase runs is even greater when you consider that +1K AP should be at a respectable stage to where you would most likely not get kicked out of the majority of LFP BT raids spammed on Region Chat.

You will generally only need 1-3 runs of BT to get a feel for the dungeon/raid itself and how different raid leaders run them and then start running them with your clan.

If it's your first time, PM the raid leader, asking for help, saying that it's your first time running it - if the leader is nice enough, they'll drop 1-3 PMs here and there before each fight to help you understand the raid better, or maybe something like "stick with me and you'll be ok" sort of thing.

As for purchasing the rings, I do feel it is an extremely good investment atm, due to the price/cost of it being ~100G for the accessories in the market (F5), as in a normal BT run, accessories themselves alone can start from 50 going up to 100G and they will be going up at increments of 50G depending on how many players bid on it.

It could very well end up being +300G (I do not recommend bidding over 200G for an accessory - 250G max if you're desperate). So do consider that.

The only downfall of you are purchasing your BT gear via fortune boxes is that you don't run BT - meaning no achievement, meaning no full BT soul shield set (assuming you won't be running it if you got the accessories - if you will still be running it regardless of whether or not you have the accessories, then why spend your NCoin on something that you'll eventually get?)

But, seeing as you wanted/asked me to talk you out of it, I'll offer a counter-argument, think of the trove that will be coming soon!!! More NCoins saved up = more trove keys, or if trove doesn't do it for you, then think of the Summer costumes that are coming soon!!! Bikinis!! And Board Shorts!!!

Hope this helps!

If you buy 12 of the current RnG box you can use those 12 purrency coins to buy a prism of your element, then use that prism on an roughhewn ring or earring (Those can drop from box or bought on marketplace) and that will transform it into the BT ring or Earring.

So instead of finding a run, you can buy 12 or 24 boxes and get the accessories instantly. If getting drops is what you are most worried about

Generally people know what to do in BT, so there's really no "leader" in pugs. One person (the alliance lead) just calls important roles out in alliance chat and expect everyone to know how it works (+everything lucidium said, like loot distribution, gold share etc). For that kind of "leading", you'll just have to call out:

Boss1: Buff carrier, cc positions on adds (not really necessary since 12 man usually splits pretty nicely). Ask who can do buff carrier first.

Boss2: SS party, outside party. SS party should be high dps, outside party should have someone with ranged protection for 10-15 seconds.

Boss3: Spear/Shield parties. Shield party needs a melee tank, spear party needs a range tank.

Boss4: Split for adds, soul separation for 80% and 30%. 30% should be a relative high dps player. It's also good to have a form of root on every add.

Don't buy runs or accessories anymore, that's a scam. You can get them for free or incredibly low cost. Also, no for buying prisms with purrency coins, those things are a scam also. You can get 120 moonstones with the coins instead, so despite roughewn accessories being cheap, the prism is ANYTHING but. You'll be paying an equivalent of 1200+ gold for just one prism. That's 4-5 times more than you'd have to pay in a carry run, and a whopping 10 times more than you'll pay in a regular pug or clan run.

9 hours ago, Chinuchi said:

Hai! So I’m kind of a new playerish, I made the account during the first week of the game but stopped and returned two years later. 

So my mains a Lyn BD (lightning build) lvl 55 hm10 close to 11 and my AP is only around 1021 now. My weapon is now at Raven stage 1, I have full MSP SS all my legendary accessories from DT, EC and NF and they’re around stage 3-4. I’m using the event soul right now to get the ascending one, and I have the courage soul badge and my mystic pulse badge. 

So I’ve kinda been wanting to try and run BT along with a friend of mine who’s a destroyer sitting at 950AP. But our only dilemma is we can never find actual runs besides PUBG’s or competitive clans with high costs. So if I got this right, even if we do pay for a carry through the raid it’s not guaranteed what we need drops right? Plus it’ll also take more than one run seeing all the forums and...yeah I don’t have the gold for that lmao. I also rather not spend actual money on this game (unless it’s cosmetics lol). Also I’m not complaining about high costs, I’m just a broke little loli blade dancer lmao. 

I also run a fun little social clan *coughs* *Poharans Panties* *cough* *not self promoting* so joining a competitive clan is still a no. 

So why not try to recruit for BT myself? I know they nerfed BT but I’m guessing it’s probably a little more complex than KDV, FAS, SJF, and MSPP raids. 

I’ve already watched a lot of videos on the bosses in Black Tower and am learning the mechanics with my friend. I haven’t attempted to ever try to look for or run this raid because I just didnt think I was qualified enough or I couldn’t find a..cost friendly..? Raid. But are their any other tips I should know if I’m ‘trying’ to recruit and be a BT raid leader? (Emphasis on trying). I also live in the EST time zone in case that was needed? 

(Or should I give up on my BT dreams drop money on gear buy 12 fortune boxes for the coins get a lightning elemental and a roughhewn ring? I’ve actually thought about this, please someone talk me out of this. RIP my cosmetic money) 

Oof that rousing counter argument, you got me there xD. Thank you for the information, it was very helpful! 

If you got a group of guys that you play regularly with, it's much easier to use a voice-chat program, even if not everyone in the raid is on it.

Boss 1:  Buff carrier should be marked by raid leader, but it'll also be helpful if he could announce the target location and a count down (ie. back left leg in 5-4-3-2-1).  If buff carrier dies, raid leader can quickly assign/announce a new one rather than wiping.  As an additional tip, if your buff carrier is not as experienced or if you have a lot of newer players in general, buy some antidotes in case you miss the buff.

Boss 2:  You shouldn't die on this one...

Bosses 3:  Have a person on each side call out the stun timings.  Experienced players might say this is not necessary, but I think it is quite helpful for groups with people newer to the run.  Also, if your 2 team's DPS is not even, you can call a side to hold.

Boss 4:  By far the biggest initial hurdle to get over for newer groups is not being able to dodge punishment rings.  If a ranged player can just pay attention to the animation and remind the group it's coming, it can be helpful especially for melee players.  If you have a Soul Fighter in the group, you can let him know when he should use party rez (assuming he's still alive).  And finally as the tank, you should call out if the pizza is going to shift.

Archived