Sign in to follow this  
JIFSTER

Finally. A non-automated response. NCSOFT can't change anything.

Recommended Posts

JIFSTER   


GM Maru (Blade and Soul)

May 16, 23:17 PDT

Hello again,

Unfortunately, we have no say on the development process and we are unable to comment on or answer questions about such aspects of the game. However, we invite you to share your thoughts via the official forums:

Title: Blade & Soul forums
Link: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forum/421-general-discussion/

Regards,

GM Maru
NCSOFT Team

 

JIFFSTER

May 16, 11:41 PDT

Hi, is there anyone that can reply to any of the threads on the bns forum? Almost every thread in General Discussion is generating the same discussions/feedback  but there is no evidence of the players concerns being heard or acknowledged. Can you go take a look right now. Do you see what's going on? Can you bring this to the attention of a staff member that can do something instead of send the same automatic message every time?

 

We are trying to get you guys to interact with us, so we can offer feedback and suggestions...

 

------------------------------------------------

 

All the previous emails were an automatic script, at least this time it was a different script. But for NCSOFT to say they have no say??? And then to point me right back to this forum when my question was... About the forum. 

 

These people are just laughing at us, and enjoying ever second of it as they watch players ripping their hair out from frustration.  If they are watching this forum, they are doing it with a giant box of popcorn laughing their *** off.

 

QPwvzp8h.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amokk   

Is this news to anyone? Everyone should be aware that NCWest is "only" the publisher here, while the devs are in KR and KR only.

 

NCWest can ask KR devs for x and y, if they comply is a whole different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SalemK   

While I agree they should atleast give feedback on whether or not things are being looked into and continuously provide feedback so we aren't left in the dark about things I also know there isn't much NCwest can do as far as changes made to the game.

 

The devs in KR make those type of decisions and the only thing they can do is provide our feedback to them but in the end they have the final say so.

 

However it's still not an excuse to not update their players on whats been discussed and if we can expect changes soon or not instead of being silent and seeing multiple threads being made about the same issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*sigh*

 

You do realize you're essentially talking to moderators, right? While they have access to GM tools that allow them to do certain things in-game, they are not programmers, they do not have control over what happens to the game on any level and they do not have the ability to divulge any information, commonly due to non-disclosure agreements.

 

So, trying to file tickets to demand things to be changed? Ya, you're lucky you got this response. When they have something official to say, they will say it. In the meantime, all the tickets in the world aren't going to make them spill the beans. At most, it's more feedback upon the piles and piles of feedback they already have received and have made a note of... which they already know of.

 

It's pretty much the equivalent of you going to Walmart and asking Customer Service what sales are coming up over the next month - they don't know and if they do know, they're not allowed to tell you anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
matthew   

This is the problem the game has had since it came to the english market.

 

We needed the localisation team to :

  • convert instances of the game to P2P connection in order to alleviate the issues around connection and server/animation desync many players have.
  • Gold bundles should never have been in placed in RNG boxes like the daily challenge rewards.
  • Quests, rewards and gear development should not have been structured into team based gameplay and mechanic heavy dungeons. Its killed casuals from playing/sticking with the game.
  • Balance has been thrown out the window with the insane amount of power creep.
  • Allow players to reconnect to the server from within the game
  • Put resources into cleaning up the loading process of the game. (It should'nt be taking 2-3 minutes just to startup the game.
  • Add in higher resolution textures on costumes and environments. (especially the ones visible in cutscenes)

Game optimisation has largely been poor and developers way to tackle it has been to sacrifice other areas quality. It hasnt really improved and just left the game looking uglier.

Edited by matthew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
matthew   
29 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

So, trying to file tickets to demand things to be changed? Ya, you're lucky you got this response. When they have something official to say, they will say it. In the meantime, all the tickets in the world aren't going to make them spill the beans. At most, it's more feedback upon the piles and piles of feedback they already have received and have made a note of... which they already know of.

People are looking for interfaces for which thier feedback is acted upon. They are relying on the GM's/Moderation to forward thier issues with the game to the developers as its the only way players can get into the loop of feedback.

When things are ignored or long standing problems are never resolved then what are we to do? When we've exhausted all our avenues for a resolution to our biggest problems with the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Youmukon   

Hello,

 

While I understand that it can be frustrating not to see response on lot of hot topics on forums, I can assure you that feedback is read every day by Moderators and the Community Team. The feedback we gather on forums is being compiled into various types of reports (some are daily, some are weekly and some are just as a major issue arise). These reports are being forwarded up the chain (Producers) who then bring up any relevant issue to developers. The Senior Management and Directors also have visibility on what is being discussed on forums and everywhere else such as Social Media.

 

The biggest issue however is that the above process takes time, so there's a lag between the moment players are expressing feedback and the moment an action plan is finalised internally. We simply cannot communicate on most topics before knowing the course of action we will take; even just replying to something is off-limit most of the time because it may be that the consensus internally is not to comment on that specific subject.

 

So if you do not see the Community Team acknowledging issues as they happen, it's not that we do not read the forums or willingly choose not to comment. It is just that we cannot. Keep in mind that we as individuals also sometime agree with your feedback! But it doesn't mean that we can express our personal opinion about it, at the end of the day we are single team and part of our job is to try to deliver a clear message from a single voice instead of expressing our personal opinion.

 

We are aware that we need to improve the above feedback loop between players, us at NCSOFT West and Developers. This is something we are currently working on, unfortunately I cannot give more details at this point in time. Last, I understand it's something none of us says often but we are extremely grateful for the feedback we receive every day, we would not be able to move forward without it. Feedback could it be positive or negative is and will always be valuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JIFSTER   
6 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Hello,

While I understand that it can be frustrating not to see response on lot of hot topics on forums, I can assure you that feedback is read every day by Moderators and the Community Team. The feedback we gather on forums is being compiled into various types of reports (some are daily, some are weekly and some are just as a major issue arise). These reports are being forwarded up the chain (Producers) who then bring up any relevant issue to developers. The Senior Management and Directors also have visibility on what is being discussed on forums and everywhere else such as Social Media.

The biggest issue however is that the above process takes time, so there's a lag between the moment players are expressing feedback and the moment an action plan is finalised internally. We simply cannot communicate on most topics before knowing the course of action we will take; even just replying to something is off-limit most of the time because it may be that the consensus internally is not to comment on that specific subject.

You're only as strong as your weakest link in the chain. It sounds like you are trying to improve that weakest link which is a good sign, but based off BNS track record the complete opposite outcome will happen.  It will end up damaging another part of the chain while trying to fix the weakest link.

 

Instead of spending so much time trying to repair weak chain links, look at the option of removing them entirely. Shorten the chain, shorten the lag. An example of this  is combining all your social media outlets into one collective poll. Going straight to the players polling them and then posting the results of those polls so we as players can obviously see our vote was heard, an attempt was made, and a discussion was had. Another benefit of this is that we will be able to see what the collective mindset  of the players. We might come to find out that all of us who are voicing are opinions are just 5% of the views of the players, or we might find out that its 95%. So when a patch is implemented and it addresses the outcome of the polls and what has been changed, there's only one link in that chain to blame if we are upset with that outcome. 

 

Youmukon, I would like to thank you for responding to us. I'm fearful that they have already found you, deleted you, and replaced you with a bot, just for conversing with a player. BEEP BOOP.

Edited by JIFSTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*facepalm*

This is why it's such a pain in the tail trying to explain things to people who don't consider things from the other side.

 

NCSoft is a company. They have multiple departments that handle different aspects of the business. There isn't a "weak link" in the chain, it's just a chain. They have policies, procedures and if you don't like that they answer your questions the moment you ask them, then prepare for a lifetime of disappointment from every single business you go to from restaurants to stores and so-on... because that level of entitlement is going to get you next to nothing at the least and kicked out of the building at the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JIFSTER   
17 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

*facepalm*

This is why it's such a pain in the tail trying to explain things to people who don't consider things from the other side.

 

NCSoft is a company. They have multiple departments that handle different aspects of the business. There isn't a "weak link" in the chain, it's just a chain. They have policies, procedures and if you don't like that they answer your questions the moment you ask them, then prepare for a lifetime of disappointment from every single business you go to from restaurants to stores and so-on... because that level of entitlement is going to get you next to nothing at the least and kicked out of the building at the most.

Wow. We need to stop making these crazy assumptions and go with the facts we have. If you think trying to converse with NCSOFT for 3 years and finally getting a response that is not automated is me thinking I am entitled then you are going to have a very difficult time with such a skewed viewpoint in life.

 

But thanks for the facepalm, that must have hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JIFSTER said:

Wow. We need to stop making these crazy assumptions and go with the facts we have. If you think trying to converse with NCSOFT for 3 years and finally getting a response that is not automated is me thinking I am entitled then you are going to have a very difficult time with such a skewed viewpoint in life.

 

But thanks for the facepalm, that must have hurt. 

No much more painful than listening to a spoiled child complain about something they've been explained to twice now.

 

Funny that you're implying that I'm making "crazy assumptions", when the moderators pretty much responded to this thread with the EXACT thing I pretty much said before... maybe it's not "crazy assumptions" and more about someone who understands how a company actually works. But no, we need to change the "weak link" in the chain, because they don't respond when you want them to. We need to whine and complain constantly like the mods can just snap their fingers and revert a patch just the way you want them to.

 

It's not a "skewed viewpoint in life" (at least mine isn't); it's realizing that the people on the other side are just that - people. They come in every day, sit down at their desks and are doing a job. Some are probably tired, some stressed, some probably working long hours... and then they have to put up with constant tickets, angry messages and general whiny complaints from people who think they're just sitting back doing nothing and laughing.

 

And I'm not just saying it's NCSoft - that cashier at the grocery store, that guy pumping your gas, the lady serving you at the restaurant. They're all people who have to put up with crap every single day... and I'm sure you've never thought twice about them. Most people don't. So, try to actually be a considerate, understanding member of society and realize that the world does not revolve around you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JIFSTER   
28 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

No much more painful than listening to a spoiled child complain about something they've been explained to twice now.

 

Funny that you're implying that I'm making "crazy assumptions", when the moderators pretty much responded to this thread with the EXACT thing I pretty much said before... maybe it's not "crazy assumptions" and more about someone who understands how a company actually works. But no, we need to change the "weak link" in the chain, because they don't respond when you want them to. We need to whine and complain constantly like the mods can just snap their fingers and revert a patch just the way you want them to.

 

It's not a "skewed viewpoint in life" (at least mine isn't); it's realizing that the people on the other side are just that - people. They come in every day, sit down at their desks and are doing a job. Some are probably tired, some stressed, some probably working long hours... and then they have to put up with constant tickets, angry messages and general whiny complaints from people who think they're just sitting back doing nothing and laughing.

 

And I'm not just saying it's NCSoft - that cashier at the grocery store, that guy pumping your gas, the lady serving you at the restaurant. They're all people who have to put up with crap every single day... and I'm sure you've never thought twice about them. Most people don't. So, try to actually be a considerate, understanding member of society and realize that the world does not revolve around you.

You are pure poison to talk to, you don't understand people's responses, and you continue on these wild tangents of what you assume is going on in your fantasy head. Go be toxic somewhere else. I won't be responding to you anymore, but you will be responding to me. Bye bye 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rastei   

Do you realise the only one playing this game is premium people right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this