Calling on the event designer to be fired for Blade and Soul

2 hours ago, Granger said:

You know, i really hate this way of thinking. When did people start thinking this and why? Just because nonpaying users theoretically have a chance to get x in y years and paying users fork over 5€ to get it instantly, its not a unfair advantage?

That paying user will have a massive advantage over the free user for all those years. Just look at bns man, you can either farm and grind for literal years to get to raid gear, or you just buy your materials and have top gear instantly. How and where in the world is this fair? How is it not pay to "win", sematics aside?

Because unlike most people, I played with and still do play the bns market. I took advantage of soulstones back pre 50 cap. I took advantage of the moonstone jump, the sacred oils, evolved stones before they took to rocketing in price. Sacred orbs being turned for exp charms. I took to predictions, unlike the lot =p

Grinding dungeons? Paying cash? There are other ways to gear up faster you know. It's learning how to play and how you decide to expand on said playstyle. My way of playing simply took advantage of the common players sentiment of the market. And that is why I am where I am now.

I became as geared as a whale thru non-cash means. Sure i'm a minority, but there are people like me that do exist.

Il y a 2 heures, SadFace a dit :

All and every MMO is p2w. You can buy gold from gold sellers and then buy whatver you want. WoW is p2w in the same manner. 

I can't skip this. 

The difference is : sure, you can buy Gold from gold sellers as WoW gamer, BUT ! There's nothing usefull in market... Even if you're crafting your food/potions, or whatever. You can EASY farm your mats, or buy your mats (it's cheap), or (and that's how it works) your guild gives you food/potions cause everyone shares his farm and put it in the bank, then GM'll craft every single buff needed (potions/food), and share it to the party once raid begins.

So it's totally a different game. As a WoW player, you pay, you play. But there's no P2W, even if you buy gold, cause it's just USELESS. 

AND now, as a WoW player, you can pay your 30days with gold. So, that's what you can use gold for. And 2 chars with a garrison can provide you that gold xD

OP here.

To the apologists who are saying that the game isn't pay to win... look at the OP picture of the business model. Did you literally ONLY look at the highlighted part, and just not read the rest?

"No paywalls to hold you back, and no amount of money will give you an unfair competitive advantage over other players." That is an outright lie. Swiping your credit card will let you advance further past the PAYWALL that they said won't hold you back, and enough money absolutely WILL give you an unfair competitive advantage. It would be like playing chess, if you could pay $5 per pawn if you wanted your pawns to start as queens after one move forward instead of having to get to the other side. Would that be fair? No.

"We don't like pay to win, so what we are offering are cosmetics, convenience, and consumables - not power, not gear, not permanent stat increases." That is an outright lie. They ARE offering power (chilling flame elixir), gear (gems) and permanent stat increases like in the thanksgiving +10 permanent attack power event from an achievement for paying them enough money event just as one example.

It is literally in the same sentence! Did you not even read the entire sentence?! Also, I said a heck of a lot more than just that the game is pay to win. It seems like people want to reduce what I am saying to, "Game is pay to win! Blargh!" No.

For the people who say that is just like real life though. Is is just being whiny. Deal with it. That is the way it is. Too bad so sad: The amount of garbage that these people are willing to put up with in a game that is supposed to be for entertainment is truly staggering. It is also that tolerance which is helping to enable these companies to continue these practices. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, so you SHOULD tell them about what you don't like! There is a difference between just griping and constructive criticism.

Again, I love Blade and Soul, but there are these people who think that if you say that you don't like some particular aspect of Blade and Soul that was added after they convinced you to play the game with a promise that it wouldn't be added, they think, "This person is criticizing a thing that I like. How dare you not like literally 100% of a thing that I like? I am going to ignore all of the surrounding evidence, and say that you are wrong based on some sort of technicality that is practically on the level of some sort of legal definition like what the legal definition of gambling is."

17 minutes ago, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

For the people who say that is just like real life though. Is is just being whiny. Deal with it. That is the way it is. Too bad so sad: The amount of garbage that these people are willing to put up with in a game that is supposed to be for entertainment is truly staggering. It is also that tolerance which is helping to enable these companies to continue these practices. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, so you SHOULD tell them about what you don't like! There is a difference between just griping and constructive criticism. Again, I love Blade and Soul.

Fine, you got me there... somewhat.

However, the squeaky wheel is the first thing that's gotten rid of if you have alternatives. 

3 minutes ago, Draknalor said:

I hope you understand that everything we have gotten and everything we will ever get is already designed and shipped to us from KR, NCwest does nothing other than apply the patches onto our version.

That doesn't mean that we can't give feedback, which, MIGHT, if we are lucky, actually get pushed to those people and considered.

10 minutes ago, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

That doesn't mean that we can't give feedback, which, MIGHT, if we are lucky, actually get pushed to those people and considered.

KR dosen't give 2 fks about us tbh :D. I'm sure NCwest is asking them and waiting for their awnser about a lot of things, but they just don't care.

1 hour ago, Draknalor said:

KR dosen't give 2 fks about us tbh :D. I'm sure NCwest is asking them and waiting for their awnser about a lot of things, but they just don't care.

You might be right about that, but I have seen some evidence to the contrary. Do you remember the Humble Brag? We complained about that, and it got removed in a week. It is back as of this patch, but this time you can turn it off in the settings under "Boast." Infinitely preferable. You see what I mean? Things that could be ok, but were implemented horribly, and just need tweaking, which might happen if we tell them about it. It has happened.

1 minute ago, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

You might be right about that, but I have seen some evidence to the contrary. Do you remember the Humble Brag? We complained about that, and it got removed in a week. It is back as of this patch, but this time you can turn it off in the settings under "Boast." Infinitely preferable.

WHY IS IT CALLED "HUMBLE" brag. 

Humble - having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.

That feature is the complete opposite of what humble means.

It should be called Whale Brag, or P2W Shout Out. 

Just now, JIFSTER said:

WHY IS IT CALLED "HUMBLE" brag. 

Humble - having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.

That feature is the complete opposite of what humble means.

It should be called Whale Brag, or P2W Shout Out. 

Hahaha. Why does the government make bills that are labeled things that do the exact opposite of what their name suggests that they would do? Lies/deception are the power of the devil.

Just now, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

Hahaha. Why does the government make bills that are labeled things that do the exact opposite of what their name suggests that they would do? Lies/deception are the power of the devil.

Amen Brother.

15 hours ago, Aisuruu said:

Now... this "Pay to win" claim. Blade and Soul is in no way shape or form Pay to win. No, Trove isn't p2w, the box events aren't p2w, buying gold isn't p2w, that's not the correct term for this. Blade and Soul is Pay to progress. EVERYTHING can be farmed. Need materials? Spam dungeons. Need raid materials? Go do the raid. Don't have the time for it? Well sorry then, but that's a you problem. 

It is p2w because it's much cheaper to upgrade with cash than to farm same dungeons five thousand times.

Its apologists like those people here in the thread why companies nikel and dime you for every single thing now, even if the game is subscription, pay in and what not. Suck it up right? I blame people like you just as much as EA for battlefront 2's disaster.

Why should we put up with this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤? And as for "every mmo is pay to progress"... 3rd party gold buying gets you banned, and for good ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ reason. BnS is no different, the gold sellers here probably offer even better rates than the hongmoon store, but if you go to them you're seriously risking losing your account to phising or getting banned. Or just flat out getting scammed out of your money. 

It just doesnt compare to a actual cash shop that endorses those pay to win practices, especially since a offical p2w cash shop encourages the company to make things tougher on normal players to milk them ever harder (hello, repeated loot nerf patches??? Anyone not seeing this??? Especially since the cash shop prices go up with the nerfs also???). 

I worked really hard getting my moonwater soul into hm soul stage 9: all this work participating in events over these 2 years would feel wasted if I cant turn this old soul into oils to progress the new soul given out.

I played this game 2 years ago when labryint was endgame, now I came and realise why I leave the game 2 years ago, this is only for [content moderated] people who spend 100 o 200 euros a month.

Good luck.

Are you really moderating the term autistic? Really? 

Upgrade chance of failure shouldnt be in anygame at all. The only thing it does is   frustrate players, especially those who are veterans in World of warcraft. The still number 1 MMO in the world. Perhaps some MMO's should follow the warcraft model. There is a reason why they had huge success since 2004, now ongoing into 2018 and still going.

1 hour ago, CastielSeven said:

The still number 1 MMO in the world. Perhaps some MMO's should follow the warcraft model. There is a reason why they had huge success since 2004, now ongoing into 2018 and still going.

WoW's success is one of a kind, and it has a lot to do with luck to be honest. But yeah I get what you mean.

BnS is a KR mmo - an asian mmo. And you should know this, Asians are suckers for gambling. Doesn't matter if you are koreans, chinese, taiwanese, Vietnamese (I'm vietnamese btw), thai... If you have the "yellow" skin color, you gonna have some of that gamblers blood in your vein whether you like it or not. And that's why many of asian mmorpgs have these rng, spinning.... in them.... Because their original and core target audience are suckers for chances. 

Would they rage if their pts transmute fail? Yes, but not that much. If the game's fun enough they would just laugh it off and go farm again. They know that rng is kinda bs but they don't care. It has always been this way ever since the first chinese martial art mmo came to my country actually. Upgrade with failure chance... Nobody gave a damn. In many regions in my country, people would gamble so hard... At lunar new year, even kids gamble, and adults cheer. Some people gamble so hard they have to spend the entire year working just to pay the debt. But would they gamble again? Of course they'd say yes. They know it's kinda irrational and frankly stupid to gamble. But then they'd say: "it's in my blood". I dare say most do it mainly for the thrill, not for the potential profits.

Asian mmo are made by these kinds of people, FOR these kinds of people. So that should explain it.

In recent years, due to internet, mant articles and researches have been done about this so more and more asians know that they are being exploited. But do they care? Not much I think...

Do I think these games and companies have predatory business tactics by aiming at harmful tendencies of a person? Yes. Probably very much so even. But then most of these people are adults, or at least are old enough to know what they are getting into. There's no one forcing them to play. They chose to on their own accord. So yeah, I don't know how to end this post....

On 18.05.2018 at 6:28 PM, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

To the apologists who are saying that the game isn't pay to win... look at the OP picture of the business model. Did you literally ONLY look at the highlighted part, and just not read the rest?

Sry but why would i care about that pic? Is the fact that the words from a promotional text can be a total lie in your face somewhat surprising for you? Maybe you also belive in the words of politicians? Just how naive are you?

There is no point in seeking a humble words from a corporation unless you are a big share holder.

On 19.05.2018 at 8:36 AM, Granger said:

Its apologists like those people here in the thread why companies nikel and dime you for every single thing now, even if the game is subscription, pay in and what not. Suck it up right? I blame people like you just as much as EA for battlefront 2's disaster.

You do understand that you are comparing a f2p game, a MMO game, to a p2p multiplayer shooter?

Ye I am watching Jim Stirling and It'sAGundam too, i know the deal and the whole EA controversy. Yet i do understand that BnS is not a p2p game, instead it is a small niche f2p game, and there is just no chance the publisher will not try to squeeze more money from whales. It is the reality and it is how f2p games usually work. And BnS is far from the worst cases so you can't be serious bashing on BnS while there are a lot p2p games that are even worse in terms of p2w than this tiny f2p game. NCwest will ignore you, and the only people you will annoy to are ppl like me who can appreciate the game for what it doesn't do as bad as some other bigger games. And to build the criticism around a piece of text from the promotional material is just so cringy that it is painful to read.

4 hours ago, SadFace said:

Ye I am watching Jim Stirling and It'sAGundam too, i know the deal and the whole EA controversy. Yet i do understand that BnS is not a p2p game, instead it is a small niche f2p game, and there is just no chance the publisher will not try to squeeze more money from whales. It is the reality and it is how f2p games usually work. And BnS is far from the worst cases so you can't be serious bashing on BnS while there are a lot p2p games that are even worse in terms of p2w than this tiny f2p game. NCwest will ignore you, and the only people you will annoy to are ppl like me who can appreciate the game for what it doesn't do as bad as some other bigger games. And to build the criticism around a piece of text from the promotional material is just so cringy that it is painful to read.

Almost as cringy as people suggesting that everybody should just suck it up and pretend we weren't lied to. How about we refrain from promoting sheep mentality?

Archived