Which outfit would you like to see back to the shop?

Neog

15 hours ago, RAID said:

It simply doesn't feel rewarding if everything becomes common. I'd rather quit the game and play something else instead. There is not much left which keeps me from continuing playing BnS anyway, if they take this one thing away, then I say good bye, simply as that.

Why are you still here when Night Luna and the Convus are in the game? Do you realize that the fact they were "un-uniqued" and you still being here to argue makes your whole argument look like just a pretense?

Also there are things which you possess (at least I hope you do) which make you unique - your skills with your characters. You can be the most dull looking player in the game, but everybody that ran with you will remember you if you're really good at what you do. And what BnS is about is beating enemies with your mastery over your skills in combat (gear doesn't need mastery so it's just means to an end), not mastery of your costume. The costume won't make you a god. At most it'll cause envy and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ people off. Do you want people to be ****ed off and envious in a game cause of your fleeting exclusivity demand? Remember. Some of these people never had the opportunity to get that costume cause they simply were not here when that "one time exclusive offer" happened. And considering we don't get such "good" costumes (I wouldn't call Grand Phoenix good, it's just less mediocre) as often as you say (more like one outfit of this intricacy once a year)

Do you know why the french revolution happened? Exactly this thought train of exclusivity was the reason.

Costume tax for the topic - Harvest Moon is also one that I'd most likely get if it pops up.

Edited by MassiveEgo
**** apparently something was censored
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

Why are you still here when Night Luna and the Convus are in the game? Do you realize that the fact they were "un-uniqued" and you still being here to argue makes your whole argument look like just a pretense?

Also there are things which you possess (at least I hope you do) which make you unique - your skills with your characters. You can be the most dull looking player in the game, but everybody that ran with you will remember you if you're really good at what you do. And what BnS is about is beating enemies with your mastery over your skills in combat (gear doesn't need mastery so it's just means to an end), not mastery of your costume. The costume won't make you a god. At most it'll cause envy and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ people off. Do you want people to be ****ed off and envious in a game cause of your fleeting exclusivity demand? Remember. Some of these people never had the opportunity to get that costume cause they simply were not here when that "one time exclusive offer" happened. And considering we don't get such "good" costumes (I wouldn't call Grand Phoenix good, it's just less mediocre) as often as you say (more like one outfit of this intricacy once a year)

Do you know why the french revolution happened? Exactly this thought train of exclusivity was the reason.

Costume tax for the topic - Harvest Moon is also one that I'd most likely get if it pops up.

I'm sure I'll be beheaded by guillotine for wanting a few outfits to remain unique.

I don't understand the Night Luna/Regium Corvus example. You're arguing that, since 2 uncommon outfits were made common again, there's no reason to argue other uncommon outfits should stay uncommon?

Wearing a unique outfit doesn't rule out skill. Those can go hand in hand very well.

We're asking for maybe half a dozen outfits to remain exclusive. Stop acting like we're asking to only allow other people to wear the hongmoon uniform. We're collectors, and we like having at least 1 or 2 rare things. Sorry for not suiting your utopia.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

My argument is about keeping some exclusive content to remain unique, since this suggestion wasn't made so far. Of course the disappointment is there at some extent and I didn't say that I'd quit if they add Night Luna or Regium Corvus. This was already done and now the suggestion is made to make an halt to this, before more of the exclusive outfits become affected.

It looks like you take this very personal.

Please relax, I didn't mean to be offensive! It's just my opinion on how I look at this issue considering the contents offered from within the game of what's possible and what's not.

The part talking about "skill" is something else and has nothing to do with this issue, that's why I will not further go into detail about this.

To properly explain again what I mean:

This is an online RPG for which it is required to give the consumers something in the game to make them reach objectives where they can be proud of. It is simply put part of how online RPGs are made in order to become successful. You will find this type of treatment in almost all online RPGs.

However, that's not limited to skill-capabilities, but also includes rewards. You cannot look to all the content in a casual-thinking way. It is required to look at it with a wider view, as the community isn't based only of casual players. That's not something everyone would instantly agree with because not everyone has the experience associated with this type of treatment. NCSOFT will understand, they're experienced with many years of hosting online RPGs going through this issues several times.

You simply need unique content for challenges reached in the past, in order to make these customers keep playing the game. There are several ways for this in a game like Blade & Soul and outfits are part of it as this game is also promoted with fashion and rewards based on fashion to show player respects.

Let's take the Grand Phoenix set as an example.

• This piece was offered during 1st anniversary as a thanks to all those players who kept playing the game after it launched a year before. It was something to honour those, who actually were there during that time. Re-adding this outfit out of a sudden (and the taste if it looks good or bad doesn't matter at this point, nor other players who weren't there would like to have it back again at a later date), would treat those players who were once honoured in a very shameful way causing huge disappointment and disgrace.
  • As I mentioned in my earlier posts, it is something veterans can be proud of having items in their collection not available to obtain any longer and the knowledge that it will remain like this for as long as the game remains live.

It is a motivation for them and simply put the reward they've pretty much earned to hold something unique. You cannot make this available to a later date again, it would break the mould.

We're talking about games which are there for entertainment and to have fun.

Best Regards

RAID

17 hours ago, Onbekend said:

We're asking for maybe half a dozen outfits to remain exclusive. Stop acting like we're asking to only allow other people to wear the hongmoon uniform. We're collectors, and we like having at least 1 or 2 rare things. Sorry for not suiting your utopia.

Let's assume I'm a collector as well. How do you suppose I should collect the grand phoenix set at this point in time (I don't really like it tbh, but roll with it for the sake of the argument), especially after it has been made eligible for coloring? Any bright ideas? We are talking about pixels in a game, which is supposed to be enjoyed by everybody. Availability is key for costumes and that's that;

10 hours ago, RAID said:

1. My argument is about keeping some exclusive content to remain unique, since this suggestion wasn't made so far. Of course the disappointment is there at some extent and I didn't say that I'd quit if they add Night Luna or Regium Corvus. This was already done and now the suggestion is made to make an halt to this, before more of the exclusive outfits become affected.

2. It looks like you take this very personal.

Please relax, I didn't mean to be offensive! It's just my opinion on how I look at this issue considering the contents offered from within the game of what's possible and what's not.

3. The part talking about "skill" is something else and has nothing to do with this issue, that's why I will not further go into detail about this.

4. To properly explain again what I mean:

This is an online RPG for which it is required to give the consumers something in the game to make them reach objectives where they can be proud of. It is simply put part of how online RPGs are made in order to become successful. You will find this type of treatment in almost all online RPGs.

5.1 However, that's not limited to skill-capabilities, but also includes rewards. You cannot look to all the content in a casual-thinking way.

5.2 It is required to look at it with a wider view, as the community isn't based only of casual players. That's not something everyone would instantly agree with because not everyone has the experience associated with this type of treatment.

5.3 NCSOFT will understand, they're experienced with many years of hosting online RPGs going through this issues several times.

6. You simply need unique content for challenges reached in the past, in order to make these customers keep playing the game. There are several ways for this in a game like Blade & Soul and outfits are part of it as this game is also promoted with fashion and rewards based on fashion to show player respects.

7. Let's take the Grand Phoenix set as an example.

• This piece was offered during 1st anniversary as a thanks to all those players who kept playing the game after it launched a year before. It was something to honour those, who actually were there during that time. Re-adding this outfit out of a sudden (and the taste if it looks good or bad doesn't matter at this point, nor other players who weren't there would like to have it back again at a later date), would treat those players who were once honoured in a very shameful way causing huge disappointment and disgrace.
  • As I mentioned in my earlier posts, it is something veterans can be proud of having items in their collection not available to obtain any longer and the knowledge that it will remain like this for as long as the game remains live.

It is a motivation for them and simply put the reward they've pretty much earned to hold something unique. You cannot make this available to a later date again, it would break the mould.

8. We're talking about games which are there for entertainment and to have fun.

Best Regards

RAID

1. You would be right for the founder packs costumes and that's about as far as your argument can technically go, taking into consideration what NC seems to brand as unique;

2. No it doesn't look like it and trying to undermine my argument by branding it as personal is not going to get you anywhere;

3. MMOs are all about skills in the end. That's the one and only legit way to be famous in an MMO. Why? Because MMOs are games and we are gamers. Gamers measure skills, not... whatever costume rarity is supposed to be;

4. So buying a costume for 100$ is what keeps people going in this game these days? Amusing. Truly a feat which is rare and very few GAMERS can achieve it;

5.1 Skills are what gets you to the rewards, not wallet founded wardrobe variety. If saying that people who define themselves with their skills are casuals, you are in the wrong part of the entertainment industry;

5.2 I struggle to find out why anyone would agree with it at all, much less instantly. Unless of course we overcasualize the entire shtick and the assumption that having rare wallet locket costumes makes you special in any way, shape or form. Then I could say you do have a point. But that's a point based on assumptions which you don't have the technical capacity to back up with proof;

5.3 Oh I know exactly how NC ticks. I've been playing NC games almost exclusively since 2003. And they don't tick the way you assume they do. Not at all;

6. This is actually a very fair point to make. Only problem is that NC are under delivering when it comes to the unique content. If they weren't I wouldn't be making a point about this whole "unique" costume thing. We simply do not have enough of this "uniqueness" for everybody to be unique in their own way. I can count the less mediocre outfits on the fingers of two of my hands. And this isn't just a personal opinion, it's a technical one. There are a lot of highly detailed outfits and all that jazz and yet there is something to make them trash, usually broken physics that NEVER get fixed. Take the Secretkeeper outfit for example. The moment you put the aura on it, the sleeves go berserk. Same happens with the Shangri-La outfit. It's one failure after another when it comes to outfits which looks alright on paper;

7. Yeah, the official announcement says nothing of the sort. If it did, I would give you the cookie and not argue further, but it doesn't, sooo... yeah. No cookie. Also if it was to be unique, it should be in the Event section of the wardrobe, not in the hongmoon store one;

8. It was an analogy I made to illustrate how the mechanics behind one historical situation happen to match the ones you display. Nothing wrong with that;

[edit] forgot the ontopic tax - Orchid is also a nice outfit which I'd very much like to see coming back;

Edited by MassiveEgo

1 hour ago, MassiveEgo said:

Let's assume I'm a collector as well. How do you suppose I should collect the grand phoenix set at this point in time (I don't really like it tbh, but roll with it for the sake of the argument), especially after it has been made eligible for coloring? Any bright ideas? We are talking about pixels in a game, which is supposed to be enjoyed by everybody. Availability is key for costumes and that's that

One thing collectors like, is to have something very limited. Since you're basically asking for all limited things to be made common, I doubt you are, or even understand, what a collector is.

Colourful Silks, it's pretty unique outfit on Yun at least. It was first released maybe 1½ years ago and to my knowledge has never been revived.

l6aCHaV.jpg

Edited by Friyn

-Anyways, now it's time for me to post my wants again because as usual, they're the most important.

I think in last weeks episode way back on page 3 I just simply said Rosethorn crown but you know what, that's boring, that's cancelled now. We need imagery, we need fantasy.

BMd5uTH.jpg

This. Right. Here. Is what needs to come back. Now that it's dyeable it's iconic and that means I needed to have it like, yesterday. So soonest we can lets get that back in and then maybe I guess the rest of Rosethorn at some point (but I don't really care, just give me the hat)

Now, my personal verdict for Founders costumes?? I'm gonna tell it like it is NC. Heart to heart, me to you-rest of you keep it moving.

92d2vh5.gif

That's not for you to worry about. Founders packs were advertised as having exclusive costumes. You go back on a word like "exclusive" and you ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off way too many people who pay your bills consistently. You already have the cheap knockoff recolors-throw those back at em. Give em that lil bone to chew on again, Dead Reckoning. They'll wear it 3 times and forget all about it and you and I both know that so you just ignore these catfights over it.

Now, what I'm still looking forward to also are these right here

g1pxWWl.jpg

But I know already how you are NC, you're gonna slide em both in Trove because they're kinda summer'ish, kind of school like. Kind of have the spring student feeling-I see you right now NC you kinda sneakin around a lil bit but I see you. I want the little tracksuit outside of a Trove but if you put it in Trove at least make it an easy grab for us less fortunates out here you know what I'm saying, like we're good people too. Looking forward to admiring all 3 in my inventory rotation!!

I would like to see Breezy once more in the Hongmoon store. I regret not buying it when it was out 2 years ago and it has not yet made a reappearance. Everything else has been out at least twice, but not Breezy.  It looks stunning on my female Gon FM and if it shows up I am snatching it right away.

Edited by Rirasu

The outfit i would like to come is Chime, Colourful Silks and i guess Grand Phoenix

And regarding Grand Phoenix, for those who say that dont want it back cause they want to have it for themselves and it was the 1st  aniversary gift and bla bla bla... stop being selfish this outfit was never a founder's pack to begin with or a 1 time special thing ever...Dont say your are collecter as an excuse to not other people have it, let them be happy with the pixels in the game, Im a collector myself and if a costume doesnt appear for sooooooooo long and its very wanted i don't see whats the problem of having it returned.

Most of the people that have it dont even use it anymore so let other people spend their money as they wich...

In other server's this outfit appeared alot of times so that doesnt mean here it should never be back.

As in a previews stream's i remenber liinxy said that "well its about time grand phoenix should appear...." and everyone hyped so much, so alot of people do want it, and in another stream the outfit was there but they removed it perahps cause it was too early to appear again.

unknown.png

So unless a GM comes and tells this outfit was a Special 1 time only outfit, stop making assumptions that it would never be back,  the only outfit i do agree to never be back its the founder's pack for obvious reasons, the rest of the outfits can be as much as people want them to be so they wear what they like and be happy with pixels.:please:

P.S.: This was just my opinion no one needs to be offended (in case someone is).

On 7.6.2018 at 3:04 AM, RAID said:

@Neog

Yeah I get the point.

But on the other hand this game doesn't really offer anything unique to show off other than the outfits. Players can't even get a view to achievements of others, without linking them explicitly to the chat and there is only a few achievements not available to obtain any more.

Highest tier gear isn't something unique either, because you can simply make use of Micro-Transaction and basically "cheat" yourself to max. gear with your real money. I call it "cheating" because it's the same as actually cheating, the only difference is that you pay with real money, instead of typing console commands or using a trainer.

It simply doesn't feel rewarding if everything becomes common. I'd rather quit the game and play something else instead. There is not much left which keeps me from continuing playing BnS anyway, if they take this one thing away, then I say good bye, simply as that.

There "was" somthing else unique to show off besides outfits, the Jinsoyun pet "was" extremly rare but now that they put it in the trove that's gone... I guess bc they do this, the Grand Phoenix Set will come back for sure. Why not just bring back the Founder Masters pack as well... I don't think they care at all.

As a collector also; having holes in your collection because of them being flat out unobtainable (forever) hurts more than not having super mega ultra rare costumes. I know, rare costumes are great to have, but demanding them to be rare only because you have them? ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ offf. 

Feel the same about some achivements, how the hell can i salvage some square gems! Dx

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

VS9p0Df.jpg

I've been waiting on these wigs siiiiiiiince launch lol

We've gotten the costume 2 or 3 times, but every single time we just kept getting "Silky hair" wig instead which is this one:

iAWEZwH.png

NO MORE OF THIS ONE PLEASE. That is the wrong one and we all have 1,000 of it.

I would love to see the other one finally.

Aside from that off the top of my head, the white blindfold from the Cobolt twins that doesn't drop. The white mask was put into trove once, but the white blindfold has still never appeared in the game at all. Would be nice to have a chance at that finally too!

Edited by Showta

• Liinxy featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to get Visionary back, it's a npc outfit that came out when the first after school special came. I didn't buy it because I thought after school special would not come back, but now it's the opposite. Asp has come back a bunch of times, but never visionary. I'd also like to see Top Plog back, because it's hilarious and I need it for my collection!