Enrage Timer on Xanos: Thoughts and Discussion

Bl00df4ng

37 minutes ago, The Hepta K said:

OH ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, You know you can keep rerolling stage 1 balefule/seraphs until you get 6 slots? gem hammers are too costly. You can reroll them in the Grand Harvest Square in SilverFrost Forest. It's 5 naryu silvers every reroll, naryu silvers or coins are almost worthless, you will have thousands of those in the future, so use them. But baleful 11 is kinda too late i think

33 minutes ago, JIFSTER said:

Poor guy, just found out he has to start alllllll over :(

Actually, I found that out some time ago. Unfortunately, I had made my Baleful 10 by that point. So yeah... T_T  :(

But I would like to respectfully ask that we drop this aspect of the whole subject. I want our threads to remain focused on the main topic issue. Thank you both for your understanding.

When NS was on daily rotation last time, I had to kill xanos 5 times to finish my daily.

I used lfp like always for NS and 4 times I joined a group between 900-1000AP that failed. First thing I read in group hat was "please don't leave and help us" 

I heard about the reduced enrage time, but didn't thought it would be that worse, so I decided to stay and asked what happend and all groups told me they failed due to enrage timer. 

All of them did their best, no on died, mechanics worked, when I helped them. So their only problem was the enrage timer, like they said.

It makes me sad to see this. NS is the lowest of the high dungeons. People need to clear it for their bracelet. 

Why the hell NC-Soft decided to make it impossible for low/mid gear player? 

Well I will continue running NS via Lfp and will help groups when I can, but that shouldn't be nessesary. NS is, or better was a 800AP dungeon and people should be able to do it with that ap and not get frustrated cause nc-❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ thought it's a good idea to lower the enrage timer.

NC-❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ do you even think about the impact of you desissions? Guess not... 

Problem here is that it seems like the patch notes where wrong and the 5 min Enrage timer was intended.

When that is true i just ask myself wether NC-Soft even know their game. NS was a 800AP dungeon and now you need 1k+ to avoid a wipe through enrage? make sense...

Honestly, its a punsh in the face for al low levels who are already screewed with the current patch due to lack of gold income. Good Job NC-Soft, realy, you know how to constantly ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up your playerbase who pay your rent and lifestyle

On 17/05/2018 at 11:23 AM, Bl00df4ng said:

So within the past week, there have been a few mentions of the Enrage Timer for Xanos being at 5min. For those who have seen it, this is NOT a bug in the game. It is apprently intended by NCSoft, as confirmed by their response to my support ticket on this. They clarified that the Patch Notes for the Eternal Night update stating it at 8min was wrong.

While I don't doubt there are people out there who can beat this time, the fact is that I feel this isn't a good change to the game for the following reasons:

1) Newer/Low-Tier Players - While I can't say anything regarding how newer players find the game, since I'm quite ahead myself, I have concerns about those who are trying to prepare for their Skybreak Spire run just like me. As you know, Naryu Sanctum is the place to run through for the first legendary bracelet, which is an important item for those preparing for the Skybreak Spire legendary raid. Most of these people can be expected to have at most around 1000 Attack points/power or less. Therefore, this 5min enrage makes it unrealistically challenging for these players that are trying to gear up for future raids. From my own experience, this change has meant my success only comes at the assistance of more high-tiered and experienced players, who have had their fill of end-game content. What I'm trying to explain here is that basically, new players are now caught at a 'Dead-End' so to speak, and therefore makes the gameplay quite unfair unless they are supported

2) Success now depends on luck - Building into the above points, while it isn't unrealistic to actually seek help from friends who definitely have the stat requirements, most payers may not have the opportunity for this, especially considering the F8 dungeon tab in which a party is assigned at random. Therefore, it creates a message where a dungeon can only be cleared if you are lucky enough to get a player that is strong enough to carry you through it. I feel that in MMOs, dungeon clearing should be based on your personal skill, character stats and understanding of the dungeon mechanics. And while Xanos doesn't have one that is too complicated, the current enrage timer makes it less of a fight based on skill/experience and now makes it a fight based on how lucky you are in getting that ideal player into your party. For those of you who have friends to help them, that's great (I mean, friends are great yes?). But bear in mind that there are those who don't.

3) Consistency - As stated in the game, Naryu Sanctum is a dungeon that is harder than others like Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citadel, Naryu Foundry. Players beneath Raven tier weapons will see this as the most challenging dungeon for them. Yet, this 5min enrage timer allocation does not reflect this. It is far shorter than any of the other bosses in easier dungeons (Acrimor being at 7-8min, correct me if I'm wrong) or even within Naryu Sanctum itself, lower than the first few bosses (Ganite titan, the first boss, has a 7min enrage, Agoni has about 15 sec more). Therefore, this enrage timer on Xanos does not reflect this, and brings to mind a consistency issue in game content

4) Events - With the Rising Soul event in place, it is no wonder that all players are giving it their hardest, especially when one can get a legendary soul which will be of great use in the later gameplay. However, with this event also tied to the Naryu Sanctum dungeon, the quest for a legendary soul has become that much harder. Of course, if one isn't prepared in terms of gear to run the Naryu Sanctum, then there isn't much to say. However, Naryu Sanctum is one of the more easier dungeons for most players to especially earn that last Astral Oil that could raise the chances of acquiring that legendary soul. Accounting for all the points above, this change severely harms the conducting of this event, and if this carries into long-term, there is no doubt it would harm future events as well.

5) Gold changes - The recent changes to dungeon and daily challenge monetary rewards have been aimed at promoting the higher end and later dungeons. While I cannot say much about this change, the fact is that Naryu Sanctum has become one of the old dungeons that still provides a good amount. This enrage timer not only makes it difficult for players to earn gold, but it can put off many in doing this dungeon due to the higher level of difficulty in place. Once more, this reiterates the 'Dead-End' point I made previously. It would mean players will be stuck at one point for a very long time before they can realistically move forward in game progression, which contradicts the aim of promoting high-level dungeons

Recommendations:

Taking these into account, I would like the developer team at NCSoft to revise through the current game mechanics in place as currently, the 5min enrage timer is a unrealistic change and could inflict much damage on the long-term sustainability of this MMO that I have come to enjoy playing, as it makes it unfair for newer players, who contribute to a strong gaming community. I am not suggesting returning it to the previous 10min timer, but perhaps consider a 6-7min timer instead?

And to the rest of the Blade and Soul community, what are your thoughts regarding this change? What has your experience been? Do describe them as a reply to this thread.

Fully agree with you. I've despaired of clearing Xanos with 900-1000 ap players (I am 1070 myself so I dont meet the 1.1 ap requirement either), we just cant beat the enrage timer most of the time. And this is the only dungeon of the 3 event ones that could have been accesible to less geared players. I am extremely frustrated by this. 

12 hours ago, AlanWake said:

timer is a stupid idea to begin with.

Indeed but is one of their way to push people into spending money since enrage timer help feeding the sensation of having the best gear in game asap, whiout the timer you could just play whiout the fear of failing,at your own pace or gear values and no need for carrys of hyper mega high end gear players to wipe the dungeon in seconds.

This change only show how money hunger they are since it make no sense at all, removing the timer in NS and below dungeons would have maked more sense but this just leave me whit a big "wut?".

Archived