Regarding how they're adding another class, and how alt unfriendly this game is

Why Bother

Let's be honest here, alts in at least this version, of this game are really just the slave workforce of our mains, used as tools to help get the gold, and items needed to play our mains. If we try to divide our time, and resources between multiple characters, by actually playing multiple character, unless you're a whale, or completely no-life the game, you wouldn't be expect to get too far, especially when they keep gimping old content rewards.

I came to understand that about the game long ago already, with updates like our most recent content patch only serving to reaffirm that position. Although despite that being the case, they've just announced that they're adding a new class to the game again in the new producer's letter. That announcement also provides considerable credibility to the old rumor brought on when someone poking around the game files found references to two new classes, an archer, and I think a warrior, which is the class that was just announced. A game being so alt unfriendly continuing to add new classes, doesn't really make much sense.

As I said in another thread, "if playing/starting more characters is what you will be continuing to ask people to do by adding new classes, some changes would be in order to make the game more accommodating to doing so. These would be things like a third storage tab that is shared by all characters on the account, have at least some equipment, and more items made account bound, rather than character bound, and have our Hongmoon levels shared by all our characters on an account, rather than being per character."

I honestly don't expect them to make much, if any changes to better accommodate the playing of alts, so will not be fighting this matter with much energy at all. Furthermore, since I do prefer actually playing alts, B&S has long since been a side game for me, that I just at most binge periodically, or only log in to spin the daily dash, then log off. Most of my game time instead is usually devoted to playing games more suitable to my preferences of playing alts, with uninstalling B&S always being an option. Although, the alt unfriendliness of the game just again makes the idea of adding more classes to this game strange, and contrary to how the game functions without changes.

Maybe to attract new players but... given how lower dg's are gimped.. content streamlined and rushed and wonderful community where most think that being newbie trying dungeon is a sin.. These new  guys might not be able to properly enjoy the wonderful environment BnS provides.

Alt..gonna be bit of handful especially if you don't have supporting environment (I know some F2P with whale class gears in alt But they're in a good clan and actually have good relationship and supporting environment, something which im having serious problem to provide for myself)

I'm with you OP, like every games that have several character slots I enjoyed playing alt to break the boredom of playing the same gameplay forever. Whether it's an hack and slash or an MMO, always played several toons, and had account shared stash where the notion of character bound doesn't exist (class or racial bound though).

In Guild Wars 2 they had the end game gear bound to character on equip, they removed it to put it account bound so that we could enjoy our alts and collect more different gears while here we have to grind for the same belt, same rings, same soul, etc.

In Diablo 3 they had the same concept as the hongmoon level, it was by exp by character at the beginning and it became later account bound.

So yeah here in this game I don't know why they sell extra slots except to make slaves for your main...

In case you haven't noticed, there's a specific purpose for warrior. As a main tank in games myself, however, i completely despise how they "encourage" players to be tanks (worst solution i can think of honestly). More classes, let's take archer for example, could be for people who just want to be an archer (or a wizard, or have a sword, and yes, this is a legit reason for choosing a class) or, oppositely, don't want to be a WL but want soulburn for example (i imagine another class will be another buff, just taking sb, as i said, as an example).

Also, "unless you're a whale". Exactly. They can't keep pushing new content out as they are to keep whales busy so they just add a new class and let them rerun everything up to now again. Not that you're likely to get anywhere without either nolifing or whaling anyway.

As I've learned, when you think they're doing something irrational, try to find a way to profit from it. You'll find a good answer.

P.S. Your nick >>> this topic

On 5/17/2018 at 8:19 AM, Stormpooper said:

In case you haven't noticed, there's a specific purpose for warrior. As a main tank in games myself, however, i completely despise how they "encourage" players to be tanks (worst solution i can think of honestly). More classes, let's take archer for example, could be for people who just want to be an archer (or a wizard, or have a sword, and yes, this is a legit reason for choosing a class) or, oppositely, don't want to be a WL but want soulburn for example (i imagine another class will be another buff, just taking sb, as i said, as an example).

Every class has specific purposes, their function to the nature of this thread is irrelevant though, what is relevant is that they are adding new characters at all, in a game that makes starting new characters, or actually playing alts unappealing.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:31 AM, Shiro said:

I agree with what you said there's a similar thread where I already replied:

My, and your suggestions of this nature aren't really anything new. I remember seeing requests for more account shared things, like achievements, back around the launch of this version for instance, especially when the achievements merchant was later added.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:48 PM, Making Presets said:

heh attracting new players. meanwhile the community pushes new players away with how frustrating the game is.

Or pushing them away by not letting them do dungeons they are clearly capable of doing by using obscenely high recruitment requirements.

Let's face it, as unfriendly as the new patch is to newer players, the community and it's toxic elitism has been just as bad if not worse.

Archived