Forums

Achievement & Hongmoon Level Re-work

Trolde

8 hours ago, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

/signed

I agree with this. Good idea. Also, I would suggests that the conversion should be such that if you already have 1 character that is HM 10, and another that is HM 12, and Another that is HM 14, it should total up ALL of the experience on all characters on your account beyond whatever HM level the main story gets you to (HM 6 or so?), and add it all up, which might have your overall account be HM 15 or something in the example I gave because it would be taking all of the exp from the HM 10 character from HM 6 to HM 10, and all of the exp on the HM 12 character from HM 6 to HM 12, and adding it to the HM 14 character. Thus as soon as you get a new character to level 55, it is instantly HM 15 because your account is HM 15, and any exp earned would go towards leveling your account, instead of the character.

Love your idea on achievements being account bound too.

That's a great idea actually, all exp past HM10 should be added to main account hm level exp (taken from highest hm level character on your account), when doing the one-time conversion to the new system.

On 17/5/2018 at 2:04 AM, Trolde said:

Greetings blade and soul community,

• Achievements

Me and my guild member Alisa have been discussing how we, as veteran players is affected by the game and how it impacts us in term of class change or when a new class get implemented to the game. Both of us have been playing since the launch of Blade & Soul. Our mainly topic was about the investments time and hours achieving  the Hongmoon Levels and Achievements, and also about the consequences that players will face incase they want to change to another class and also the loss and investments the players has put into the current character they are playing. However as we know today, if a player gets exhausted or whatever scenario it is and decides to start a new character from scratch, the player is basically losing the Hongmoon Levels and Achievements which in me and Alisa’s scenario leads to two years of investment and loss. Our focus is on introducing a new re-work setup on Hongmoon Levels and Achievements, our idea is to maintain achievements gained during months/years as an account overview and not bound to each character, so whenever you create a new character you don’t have to worry about the achievements as now it’s repercussions all characters.

• Hongmoon Levels

The purpose of the Hongmoon levels as we understand it, is to give players a continued sense of progression after hitting the level cap of level 55. While Hongmoon levels can provide very significant bonuses to a player. This system must be an overview account bound to all characters, which means once a player creates a level 1 character and reach the level cap of 55, the player will afterwards gain all the maximum Hongmoon Levels that is achieved on the account. This model will keep your time and investment maintained and the progression that the player has achieved will not end into a dustbin, because of creating a new character. I will attach our model and current in-game model. Looking forward to get feedback and have a positive discussion.

Model.jpg

Thanks in advance

Love, Peace & Unity

Valcyra & Alisa

This is such a good idea, I fully support this, would be good with account wide achievements and HM-levels.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:04 AM, Trolde said:

• Achievements

Me and my guild member Alisa have been discussing how we, as veteran players is affected by the game and how it impacts us in term of class change or when a new class get implemented to the game. Both of us have been playing since the launch of Blade & Soul. Our mainly topic was about the investments time and hours achieving  the Hongmoon Levels and Achievements, and also about the consequences that players will face incase they want to change to another class and also the loss and investments the players has put into the current character they are playing. However as we know today, if a player gets exhausted or whatever scenario it is and decides to start a new character from scratch, the player is basically losing the Hongmoon Levels and Achievements which in me and Alisa’s scenario leads to two years of investment and loss. Our focus is on introducing a new re-work setup on Hongmoon Levels and Achievements, our idea is to maintain achievements gained during months/years as an account overview and not bound to each character, so whenever you create a new character you don’t have to worry about the achievements as now it’s repercussions all characters.

• Hongmoon Levels

The purpose of the Hongmoon levels as we understand it, is to give players a continued sense of progression after hitting the level cap of level 55. While Hongmoon levels can provide very significant bonuses to a player. This system must be an overview account bound to all characters, which means once a player creates a level 1 character and reach the level cap of 55, the player will afterwards gain all the maximum Hongmoon Levels that is achieved on the account. This model will keep your time and investment maintained and the progression that the player has achieved will not end into a dustbin, because of creating a new character. I will attach our model and current in-game model. Looking forward to get feedback and have a positive discussion.

Model.jpg

Thanks in advance

Love, Peace & Unity

Valcyra & Alisa

It's a nice idea to be fair it's going to be really helpful for people who are rerolling instead of grinding dungeons 24/7 and have a better time enjoying the game.

This is exactly what we need now. With the upcoming new class I will lose two years of progression. Not only do people lose almost all items (except those that can be traded or sealed), but also all the grinding, farming, exp charms and general questing. At the moment I see almost no reason to reroll to a different class because who likes to have a fresh HM8 in their Sandstorm Temple group?

I honestly don't wanna start a new class, because first I have to start from nothing and achieve everything back again, who wanna do that? imagine people with 2 years of progression,t they must feel terrible.

4 hours ago, Ariadna said:

I totally agree with this great idea, many veterans is struggling when new characters get released or if they wanna start up a new class, just the risk you have to take is insane HUGE.

This is what I struggle with atm, I am not in mood to create a new character because of the sacrifice I have to put behind me. 

On 5/17/2018 at 2:04 AM, Trolde said:

• Achievements

• Hongmoon Levels

Model.jpg

Thanks in advance

Love, Peace & Unity

Valcyra & Alisa

Yes pls......
YES !!!

I remember talking about it to my friends last year about making achievements as account-wide instead of current system that is separate as it is now, nobody wants to run same stuff over and over, especially when you have 10 characters in the list + one more is coming up soon. I fully support this idea and hopefully NC will listen to the feedback about it, it would be a nice QoL changes.

19 hours ago, Sinnaru said:

I remember talking about it to my friends last year about making achievements as account-wide instead of current system that is separate as it is now, nobody wants to run same stuff over and over, especially when you have 10 characters in the list + one more is coming up soon. I fully support this idea and hopefully NC will listen to the feedback about it, it would be a nice QoL changes.

I totally agree with you.

On 20/5/2018 at 1:19 PM, Insanguinata said:

This is exactly what we need now. With the upcoming new class I will lose two years of progression. Not only do people lose almost all items (except those that can be traded or sealed), but also all the grinding, farming, exp charms and general questing. At the moment I see almost no reason to reroll to a different class because who likes to have a fresh HM8 in their Sandstorm Temple group?

This is why I don't want to start a new class :( I don't wanna lose all my progression and start over again.

On 24/5/2018 at 1:17 AM, ElectricPotato said:

I really like this idea as described for Blade and Soul.  Wildstar does something like this with their primal essence prestige system Account wide.

Thanks for your support, I hope that this thread is getting forwarded.

The one thing, the one stone that can turn the carriage if this comes to pass, is NC. Knowing them, they'll adjust the exp required to reach a new hm level tenfold, making the entire thing a monumental chore which everybody would hate.

22 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

The one thing, the one stone that can turn the carriage if this comes to pass, is NC. Knowing them, they'll adjust the exp required to reach a new hm level tenfold, making the entire thing a monumental chore which everybody would hate.

I doubt they would ever change exp of current hm levels (less or more) because everyone's levels would change and it would be awkward.

At worst they would just release hm30 instead.

On 25/5/2018 at 4:05 PM, MassiveEgo said:

I doubt they will as Shiro mentioned below.

On 5/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, Shiro said:

I doubt they would ever change exp of current hm levels (less or more) because everyone's levels would change and it would be awkward.

At worst they would just release hm30 instead.

I wouldn't be so sure. Afterall their balancing so far was done more or less based on maximalism. I wouldn't put it past them to adjust either exp requirements based on the fact that we can do daily quests on all dungeons on all toons, meaning hm exp one can grind/day can be substantial. Could be fixed by making dailies account wide, but that would lead to tons of other issues which need to be addressed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/5/2018 at 10:52 PM, MassiveEgo said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Afterall their balancing so far was done more or less based on maximalism. I wouldn't put it past them to adjust either exp requirements based on the fact that we can do daily quests on all dungeons on all toons, meaning hm exp one can grind/day can be substantial. Could be fixed by making dailies account wide, but that would lead to tons of other issues which need to be addressed.

The level experience should remain the same, but ofc, account wide is the only solution I see atm.

Archived