Achievement & Hongmoon Level Re-work

Trolde

Greetings blade and soul community,

• Achievements

Me and my guild member Alisa have been discussing how we, as veteran players is affected by the game and how it impacts us in term of class change or when a new class get implemented to the game. Both of us have been playing since the launch of Blade & Soul. Our mainly topic was about the investments time and hours achieving  the Hongmoon Levels and Achievements, and also about the consequences that players will face incase they want to change to another class and also the loss and investments the players has put into the current character they are playing. However as we know today, if a player gets exhausted or whatever scenario it is and decides to start a new character from scratch, the player is basically losing the Hongmoon Levels and Achievements which in me and Alisa’s scenario leads to two years of investment and loss. Our focus is on introducing a new re-work setup on Hongmoon Levels and Achievements, our idea is to maintain achievements gained during months/years as an account overview and not bound to each character, so whenever you create a new character you don’t have to worry about the achievements as now it’s repercussions all characters.

• Hongmoon Levels

The purpose of the Hongmoon levels as we understand it, is to give players a continued sense of progression after hitting the level cap of level 55. While Hongmoon levels can provide very significant bonuses to a player. This system must be an overview account bound to all characters, which means once a player creates a level 1 character and reach the level cap of 55, the player will afterwards gain all the maximum Hongmoon Levels that is achieved on the account. This model will keep your time and investment maintained and the progression that the player has achieved will not end into a dustbin, because of creating a new character. I will attach our model and current in-game model. Looking forward to get feedback and have a positive discussion.

Model.jpg

Thanks in advance

Love, Peace & Unity

Valcyra & Alisa

1 hour ago, Kozuki said:

It is nice to have them account-wide. Less grinding for me that way.

I definitely agree with you, it becomes very boring in the long term to repeat everything you already did beforehand, and once you wanna create a new character, you have to repeat 2 years of progression to achieve everything back. With this model, you are not losing your achievement and hongmoon level progression, as you said it will be account-wide.

I'd just like to say that I support this.  I'd also like to point out that other MMOs make use of account tied achievements and similar post end level leveling.  Diablo 3 has paragon levels after you reach level cap and they are account wide and shared by all characters on the account plus they have their achievement system tied to the account rather than each character.  Guildwars 2 also does this.  They have Mastery levels you can gain after hitting level cap that are account wide and shared by all characters on the account plus they also make use of an account wide achievement system.

Hongmoon levels are harder and harder to get every cap update, because they were meant to be a slow progression for already capped players. However that's exactly why they should be account wide, to encourage people to try different characters rather than be stuck on only one. As someone else said, many other games already have these things account wide, don't know why BNS is trying so hard to be alt unfriendly.

as much as we love the game(talking about who still playing the game since release on EU/NA) we believe the game should be more alt friendly for those who invest over 2 years in their main character, in my opinion these stuff should be account bound:

1- Achievements: noone would love to re play 50 run hardmode on DD/HH/SM dungeons for AP bonus attribute.

2- Hongmoon level: as free to play or pay to play person i believe its very difficult "now" to reach over HM14+ and beyond that on new character.

3- out-dated weapon/accessories: baleful, seraph, ebonedrake citadel ring, desolate tomb necklace, naryu foundry belt, xanos bracelet and the old accesories that you use to upgrade the items i listed, such as pinnacle, lucent accesories and similar out-dated accesories.

4- out-dated soulshield(unsealed): WWV, Peluga, MSP, and raven soul shield are already out-dated and instead of throwing it from main character and farm it again on alt just send it from main to alt to save time and keep your gameplay a bit less farm and much more enjoyable.

i believe there is more to list but that's what i feel its the most important.

I support this tbh specially the achievements one .. i mean why do you have to work on the same quests for you other characters .. specially the ones that you have to do like 100 runs of it .. it just makes it harder to enjoy the game while playin different classes ! 

It would also be nice to have an accountwide stash to place some accountbound stuff in it where every character has access to instead of sending like 500 mails just for 1 weapon upgrade because you can only send 3 items at a time.

It's even stupid you have to pay a fee sending stuff to another character on your own account which is made to be ACCOUNTBOUND..

5 hours ago, NoLoad said:

It would also be nice to have an accountwide stash to place some accountbound stuff in it where every character has access to instead of sending like 500 mails just for 1 weapon upgrade because you can only send 3 items at a time.

It's even stupid you have to pay a fee sending stuff to another character on your own account which is made to be ACCOUNTBOUND..

I agree with an account bound stash tab sharing by all characters, make it restricted just for account bound items & materials. It's annoying re-logging from character to character when you have to craft items in the crafting guilds.

Apparently not cuz always they will say yes yes yes they do or white knights saying yes they do, but lets be honest, the game changes are made with the CEO or chief developer that resides in Korea for their Korea audience, to suit THIER demands aside we have whales here they arent the the mass for them to even care, the team we have here well our producer does things he thinks might benefit us, harming us or helping us otherwise...

Like the less cost of legendary jewel and elements people complained was too high and others complained was too meanie cuz it asked for mats for those, remember this they want you to stay i nthe game, they wont give things for free.

Anyway I indeed approve this idea as its really alt friendly and such.

6 hours ago, Liteflitz said:

Apparently not cuz always they will say yes yes yes they do or white knights saying yes they do, but lets be honest, the game changes are made with the CEO or chief developer that resides in Korea for their Korea audience, to suit THIER demands aside we have whales here they arent the the mass for them to even care, the team we have here well our producer does things he thinks might benefit us, harming us or helping us otherwise...

Like the less cost of legendary jewel and elements people complained was too high and others complained was too meanie cuz it asked for mats for those, remember this they want you to stay i nthe game, they wont give things for free.

Anyway I indeed approve this idea as its really alt friendly and such.

Thanks for your support.

This is such a great idea, and definitely more account friendly. Most players don't want to play multiple character because of this reason, they don't want to start with their achievements and hm levels from ZERO.

I find this idea to be very great, farming hm lvls feels endless especially when you do it on multiple characters. Grinding hm lvls on alts is kinda meaningless after hm 11 or 12 but if hm lvl was account-wid it would feel like you are actually doing something when getting xp on alts, I also support achievement idea.

/signed

I agree with this. Good idea. Also, I would suggests that the conversion should be such that if you already have 1 character that is HM 10, and another that is HM 12, and Another that is HM 14, it should total up ALL of the experience on all characters on your account beyond whatever HM level the main story gets you to (HM 6 or so?), and add it all up, which might have your overall account be HM 15 or something in the example I gave because it would be taking all of the exp from the HM 10 character from HM 6 to HM 10, and all of the exp on the HM 12 character from HM 6 to HM 12, and adding it to the HM 14 character. Thus as soon as you get a new character to level 55, it is instantly HM 15 because your account is HM 15, and any exp earned would go towards leveling your account, instead of the character.

Love your idea on achievements being account bound too.

Archived