Yes, another one of these...

Siara

Hello everyone,

I know healing is not a 'thing' in this game but I would still like to start maining a healing and/or support class since I always played and enjoyed those in the past. I was thinking of a Summoner or a Soul Fighter. Which one would you pick considering I average about 25 to 35 fps and around 100ms on my current setup? I'm also broke and a rather casual player due to having a wee infant to care for. 

Which one of these classes would you recommend and why? Is one of their elements better for my fps/ping or doesn't the element matter?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Your ping is fine but your fps is quite bad for SF. I think Earth Summoner would be better for you (less Focus issue and easier to play). 

As you said healing is not really important in this game, except for the big raids.

Sadly support role does not exist in this game. Players expect only 2 things from others ; high dps and knowledge of dungeons mechanics. 

As said, healing/reviving really isn't important at all outside of raids. You can also be of some use in lategame hardmode dungeons, especially in low-gear parties, but mostly those are done without deaths too. So don't expect to be able to skip dps'ing and be a traditional support, that simply isn't viable in bns. All classes have their party utility skills, some offensive and some defensive and all of them are pretty much equal in dps output too.

Obviously you'll want to skip out on the tank classes (bm and kfm), but apart from that, it really comes down to what you prefer to play, and you cannot know that until you try them out. Summoner is a good starting point, but many people get bored of them quickly. The other ranged classes are also less intensive than melee classes, so if you want to just hang in the back, relax and focus on dungeon mechanics and hitting the key party saves, FM is also an option. Warlock and gunslinger have more offensive buffs in cooldown reset and soulburn.

The rework for SF is a really big boost in dps if you run frost build, but i hate how they re-mapped the heal skill in only FM stance. I can't ani-cancel heal while dpsing anymore on my SF, but its not that big of an issue if your ping is decent just another button to hit to heal. They also nerfed the ult. heal the class has which i used in most raids if needed. But if your running dungeons/raids with ppl who know what there doing once its not that big of an issue. Both summoners and SF are pretty good to have here and there in parties, both heals, both rez fallen allies. I just depends on your play style, but idk if its just me, but the rework on SF feels like its does more dmg than a summoner with the same gear. Also SF are mainly a melee class with hints of range play style and Summoners are mainly ranged class with having their cat go in melee range... so ya, just depends on your play style.

I played and loved support classes my entire life and I also got lost when creating a character in bns. Summoners are easy to play, when I want to chill I play mine, you will have a heal and a party iframe but the heal isn't a big deal and your party iframe isn't the best around. Actually people won't expect much of you but it's actually a good thing sometimes, specially when you are low geared and learning. If you play kfm or bm for example people will complain about you not being able to tank even if they see that you are low geared with a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing well geared gunner in the party. Summoner is a nice class to play chill and just enjoy the game and it has good survability. 

As for someone used to support classes I don't know if SF is the best for you but maybe you should try either way and maybe you'll realise you like it.

I also recommend that you take a look at warlock, that is loved at parties with his a offensive buff that helps a lot. And forcemaster that can save your party mates asses from time to time and have a pretty decent dps. Personally from all classes I enjoyed force master the most. 

Archived