My opinion on the dungeon nerf sent straight to the staff. Everyone in the community should do the same because it affects us all and its wrong.

I left kinda month ago... Wasn't with high hopes for the update, too. And Now I see, that I was unfortunately right. Things just got worse, the company bad decisions kept its stream and the worst part, a few pachyderms JUST KEEPING GIVING MONEY to be whipped by this corporation.
Thing is, the game is bad*. Don't get me wrong...  I enjoyed it, waited for it since 2011 to come to west, 2016 it made its debut, I spent money and a dem lot of time on it, Even upgraded my gear, building a $ 7,000 bucks high-end PC, hoping to enhance my experience. But, after SIX YEARS, all this bad unexplainable decisions made by the corporation and all that sea of money they made... they don't even care about updating their graphics, their net code nor -  AT THE VERY LEAST - optimizing the textures of game. Game IS bad. It still have a great combat system, maybe the best out there, hands down. But nothing more. Even this great combat system is useless behind the BG paywall. And the amount of time needed to gear up... oh my... A game should be about having fun or competition, not blindling grinding 10h a day for months to leveling high end gear. 

Sadly BnS became a bad joke. And even most sad, there are a lot of heavy wallets that can't see that, and will keep defending it put a whole ton of money in rng boxes.

It's about to become my greatest disappointment since quitting Diablo 3. 

I can make mine your words, op.

*it wasn't, but now it is

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was mentioned before but I ran into another annoying issue because of all these dungeon drop nerfs.

I need an oblivion necklace to upgrade my VT neck and I have yet to see one drop yet in Desolate Tomb in about 15 runs or so.

I cannot imagine why the field quest chest doesn't contain it anymore, and the chance to have it be among the 2-3 measly items the boss drops is extremely low now.

Don't get me wrong I can solo the place but it takes too damn long and the complete lack of any rewards makes it painful and boring.

Finding people to clear it faster with is also a problem since who the hell wants to waste time running a dungeon that rewards absolutely nothing? (except for the rare people that still do their first 10 runs to be able to buy the neck)

At this point for me the only reason to even touch any older dungeon is doing the current event on my alt trying to get the soul on it.

But even like this it got to the point where I just do EL IF NS and just leave as soon as the boss is dead, because there is never any meaningful loot to roll on anymore. Material chests only show up if you have a sub 10 runs member in you party.

There were a few divine grace stone in the first couple days of the event but I've seen nothing since, looks like the drop rate was swiftly stealth nerfed into oblivion.

At this rate there will be no point whatsoever to run these dungeons anymore for anyone, not even new players. And that is kinda sad.

Also why on earth did you have to remove the already extremely rare extra surprise drops like gold chests, and ancient chests (nexus and sanctum) and their rewards?

Its not like people were farming those 24/7 and flooding the market with 100 orb bundles.

Is the intent to remove all the older dungeons from the game completely?

Didn't read all of the thread as I haven't been following it, but, I'll just leave my 2 cents here:

Hell, what I am about to express might not even be related to the topic, but, I find it semi-related as it's talking about making materials more easily accessible.

I apologize to everyone in this thread if it is not related.

-  -

I've found myself hitting the wall now, where 80% of the time I spend in BnS is completing dailies, weeklies, purple dungeon run, and then I log off. Occasionally, I'd log back in, hit a few mobs and then log off again.

The..."attraction", the thing that makes me addicted to, the thing that makes me come back to/want to play BnS is the sense of progression in the game, the sense of the/an achievement, of finding that piece of gear, or being able to farm the materials for my gear, etc. and well, for me, when that's removed, or there is very little ways to farm those materials or find the sense of accomplishment, the sense of progression, there's very little pull left for me.

I wish they knew what makes players come back to/continue to play the game instead of exploiting the players who are already playing.

If you have a higher player count, you'll be able to make money off of cosmetics alone - you won't even have to rotate materials in the daily specials. I guarantee you that if you made every material more easily accessible and stuff the daily specials with cosmetics and other services (ie. resets, chromatic thread, vouchers, etc), you'd have a lot more players playing which will result in more players purchasing said items than materials - hell, fill the "specials" with nothing but cosmetics and rotate them on a weekly-basis and you'll still have more paying customers (as there are plenty of players out there who might not be able to make a purchase on certain days) - or if you want to balance out the ratio of 1/2 cosmetic items every other day, make it half and half, fill half of the slots with cosmetics that rotate on a weekly basis and the other half with services like what I mentioned above but rotate them daily.

There's a reason as to why events like Trove and RNG boxes are so popular. It's because of the gear and the materials they offer. Sure, you've monopolized that, but what will happen when all the new/low-gear players have left because they no longer feel a sense of progression/decides not to spend their money? What happens when it's just whales or paying customers left?

But, I digress, you can make a lot more money off of a desired 799 discounted cosmetic/outfit than a bundle of 5 moonstones that costs 75 NCoins.

I am 100% sure that I am not wrong when I say that every player LOVES your cosmetic items. However, I am sure you know that just as well considering how popular the 21 Days of Today’s Specials Costumes despite a lot of players finding a few cosmetics undesirable and the pseudo-continuation of the event/sale with cosmetic items beings rotated every other day.

On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 1:06 AM, Granger said:

And how does this help newcomers since those guys dont get tradeable mats anymore to craft tradeable guild things, nor can afford to buy those tradeable mats?

Mathed it out, too:

JpCbzz8.png 

Turns out its a total loss even if you could.

Just for funsies: 

ycsZb1z.png

I wouldnt craft anything, sell your mats instead. Even if you were more etablished, the economy here is backwards as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

I rarely buy any mats in crafting.  Occasionally ... wait... where are you getting your prices?

Soulstones you have at 44.88 for 14.  they are 32 silver each.  -> 4g+48silver.

Your prices are inflated.    Elysian orbs are not 103G, try 10G.

So not only  are your prices for mats 10x what they should be, but you forget collecting them for free

as you go through daily dungeons. 

So just for funsies...35 is the most transformation stones you can make at one time (at least at forgekeepers).

Those cost 56SS, 14moon, 56 sacred orbs 14 elysians. 56*.32+ 56*.92+14*8.42+14*10 + 60G = 387

387/35 = 11.06 11G+6silver to make, current price is 12g30s, so 1g24s profit on each stone as of current

market conditions .   Now that's only if you pay for all your goods...I usually don't.  I usually wait until I have

most everything.  So....alot more profit than 1G each. 

Your costs are flawed for NA.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Astarae:

Your costs are flawed for NA.

The prices are for the jinsoyun server. (EU)

Sales are this: 

Master Field Repair Tool chests (x5): 2g

Transformation stones (x5): 14g

And yes, the transformation stone one is not perfect; orginally i calculated it with 6 crafts but then i saw people sell them as 5 bundles, i just lazily x10'd the whole thing. This means your loss will be SLIGHTLY less bad if you craft it proper. (70 by 35 twice) ... wait did i forget to x10 the amounts field? Seems so, I apologize. Costs and profits are scaled apporatively though.

Im curious where you get your unbound mats from? I've yet to see any drop from the daily dungeons unless someone with less than 10 runs is in it. The three (pericular?) promises chests you get from the daily quest amount to barely anything at all. No wonder people feel the need to have a gazillion alts and yet dont actually play any of them.

Just to get seraph 1 to upgrade till raven 3 need gold around 3000G+

that is ONLY weapon...

while player with premium with alt class or new player earn around 30G per day 

they will even have hard time to do NF EC NS DT...

so they might need 2.5months+ to get this weapon unless top up

so Savage Idea to make gold nerf on low dungeons

Hello!

I would like to also post my feedback as a newcomer. I saw this thread while planning to start my own thread.

I'll try to make it short.

I've started playing in December 2017, it wasn't too bad until now. I have followed the storyline got myself some average gems, items. All was ok until last patch changes. (I have finished the storyline a month ago).

At the moment with help from friends I found in game who helped me before last patch with some gold and a few soulstones, I've managed to reach Baleful 10 pistols.

After struggling to get better gems, increase the forgers guild level, increase the radiant ring level, increase the soul warden guild level, buying 5-10 moonstones from F5 Marketplace in order to create transformation stones for the next level Raven 1 pistols, I've ended up with 6 transformation stones (not even half of the requirements for the pistol upgrade), and I have only 40 gold left right now.

Now you may wonder why did I waste so much gold on buying Moonstones from the F5 marketplace? I have of course tried to do weeklies, I've hardly did 2 weeklies by now because players refuse to play with me, there are exceptions but 80% of the players refuse to add me to any party. Then, i tried to join battlegrounds to earn battleground points, to exchange for a pack of moonstones. Guess what? There I've met worse, the so called elitist-selfish and rude players who threatened me with reports for playing there with my  current equipment.

There goes some of my gold, on marketplace for buying Moonstones, at crafting guilds to build repair tools, guild supplies to level up the guild etc.

Then I saw that I need Empyrean Stones, these have even higher material requirements and at marketplace are 400 gold a piece! I need 5 of these.

To create them on my own i need 25 Moonstones and also the two types of Orbs, Soulstones and what not!

Now about dungeons, I do the daily dungeons very hard as well. The same story, I get kicked or try had to LFP and pray game brings in a HM 12,13,15 or something to help with damage and game dungeon experience. I've hardly found some friends who I've added to my friend list but they're not everytime I log in online or they're also busy. I sometimes end up searching or trying to enter lobbies which ask for 1k. I currently have 985 attack power, I can get 1000 if I move all my defensive points to attack points.

All players in dungeon party search ask for 1k almost for eveything and even if I have 1k damage they tell me to get Raven 1. TO get Raven 1 pistols I will probably have to play until next year in January. I play 2 to maximum 3 hours / day. I plan to uninstall if next patch doesn't bring back dungeon gold chests or increase the dungeon price.

If I have the luck to do DT, NS, ITF, or EL. I get let's say 10-15 gold which I waste at guild level up in order to be able to request materials to level up my equipment.

To sum up I currently have the following equipment: https://imgur.com/a/bmJ2jG1 I've hardly got any good gems as well. I was lucky to get the Koldrak's Lair pink gem and one blue hexagonal gem from last event but is still not enough to help with my damage all around.

I plan to stop playing if the game doesn't offer more gold at least from some dungeons. It's not worth my time.

I feel like alot of people are honestly not trying hard enough and instantly say that the update is bad when it's not. Stoppi g trying to get free carry runs and either get a free to help you or join a good friendly clan that will help you or make your own F8 groups. Stop expecting free handouts from the game when lots of things have already been nerfed that includes the so called hard to upgrade baleful weapon path, like how many times has that been nerfed and then we got people saying 3k to get to baleful 12 like come guys stop being lazy. Put some effort into the game and try to do things. It's sad that so many people want free hand outs. I've got a pretty geared des alt that I play way less then my SF main so yeah it's honestly not that hard. We get tons of tradeble mats from the new Lucent boxes which really can net people a good amount of gold but yeah people still complain. I get 200g from just a couple of Lucent boxes tradeble materials. 

I have 4 characters between Raven 7 to 1 but I'm waiting for a big cost reduction update for 4 alts.

Remove the empyrean stones, it will solve a lot of issues.

Anyway it's time we get free Raven in story or in Harvest Square so that people graduate from EC, DT, NF...

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Ujarac:

I feel like alot of people are honestly not trying hard enough and instantly say that the update is bad when it's not. Stoppi g trying to get free carry runs and either get a free to help you or join a good friendly clan that will help you or make your own F8 groups. Stop expecting free handouts from the game when lots of things have already been nerfed that includes the so called hard to upgrade baleful weapon path, like how many times has that been nerfed and then we got people saying 3k to get to baleful 12 like come guys stop being lazy. Put some effort into the game and try to do things. It's sad that so many people want free hand outs. I've got a pretty geared des alt that I play way less then my SF main so yeah it's honestly not that hard. We get tons of tradeble mats from the new Lucent boxes which really can net people a good amount of gold but yeah people still complain. I get 200g from just a couple of Lucent boxes tradeble materials. 

Of course, we're just lazy! THIS is what we're supposed to do. 

THIS RIGHT HERE... its about the only gold source left for new players.  Evoled stones from world bosses. New players dont get to run NS, IF, EL where *some mocum of a reward is*. They especially dont get to run SM, DD. HH where you can get some gold. And raids for the weekly? They're right out unless you pay your precious gold for a carry.

Heck, new players dont even get to run dungeons with basically no reward like Lair of the frozen Fang usually unless it happens to be on the daily challenge. (Thats because noone runs them)

3k gold to upgrade or those 5 empyrean spirit stones are a huge deal to those people because even if they manage to get the daily challenge, they're making around 20 gold a day. This means you'll have to play this game every day, for a whole year (almost) for a single upgrade.

Also wtf are you saying

>stop asking for carry

>get a friend to help you (presumably by carrying you)

>get a good friendly clan (presumably to carry you)

And know what? You're right. It wouldnt be so bad if people wouldnt ask for 1.1k ap for 900 ap dungs. Then things would be (maybe) fine. Still some slow arsed incredibly boring grind, but at least you could play the game.

2 hours ago, Granger said:

Of course, we're just lazy! THIS is what we're supposed to do. 

THIS RIGHT HERE... its about the only gold source left for new players.  Evoled stones from world bosses. New players dont get to run NS, IF, EL where *some mocum of a reward is*. They especially dont get to run SM, DD. HH where you can get some gold. And raids for the weekly? They're right out unless you pay your precious gold for a carry.

Heck, new players dont even get to run dungeons with basically no reward like Lair of the frozen Fang usually unless it happens to be on the daily challenge. (Thats because noone runs them)

3k gold to upgrade or those 5 empyrean spirit stones are a huge deal to those people because even if they manage to get the daily challenge, they're making around 20 gold a day. This means you'll have to play this game every day, for a whole year (almost) for a single upgrade.

Also wtf are you saying

>stop asking for carry

>get a friend to help you (presumably by carrying you)

>get a good friendly clan (presumably to carry you)

And know what? You're right. It wouldnt be so bad if people wouldnt ask for 1.1k ap for 900 ap dungs. Then things would be (maybe) fine. Still some slow arsed incredibly boring grind, but at least you could play the game.

^This. 

If they wanted to phase out lower dungeons, they should have given new/mid tier players the means to run higher dungeons, instead of taking away all their chances to get gold for upgrades those higher dungeons require (or the community requires, or a mixture of both). Instead, they are just phasing out PLAYERS.

I'm still doing LFP on NF NS sometimes EC

just to see and help lots of new comers failing last boss dungeon.

How grateful they are when my tanker with aransu eq helping them.

They are struggling, literally.

When you don't care, I will still care for sure. Coz i know how hard to grow Alt class without help from main class.

As for EL IF SSM, I cannot carry more than 1 bale/serap players. Unless got double buffs.

11 hours ago, ChillWind said:

If I have the luck to do DT, NS, ITF, or EL. I get let's say 10-15 gold which I waste at guild level up in order to be able to request materials to level up my equipment.

Out of pure curiosity, what do you request in order to level up?

lol alright when they finally do give us all these free handouts that all of you seem to want so bad then your gonna make new threads on here complaining that everything is too easy and theirs nothing left to do in the game because you got so many free handouts and reached end game very fast. I suppose we should all get raven 9, max BT accessories, 8 set ss, all octagonal gems and true cosmic soul when we finish story now shouldn't we? since we need so many free handouts, if they did that, that would really help everyone wouldn't it?

Whoever is asking for all that? If it'd take a month or two to upgrade without outside help, that'd be cool, instead of literally more than half a year for a single upgrade.

If the daily income for fresh out of story players would be more like, 60-80 gold a day it'd be bearable. Or instead of just tossing gold at them, give them possibilities to earn unbound materials to sell on the market, that way we dont have this inflation issue. Seriously now this isnt complicated. Increase the supply for unbound materials and the price for those goes down + newbies can sell for money or use them for their own crafting. If dungs like Lair of the Frozen fang and similar rating would give materials again, and a bit of gold... that'd solve it. 

Now if you've the issue with older players grinding them and thus causing issues, how about you make those rewards consider the gear level of the groups running? Or gee, i dont know, make harder dungeons more rewarding because those barely drop anything either. NS does not give materials either; unless someone with sub 10 runs is in the party...

1 minute ago, Granger said:

Whoever is asking for all that? If it'd take a month or two to upgrade without outside help, that

who? everyone in this thread ( someone asked for raven weapons to be given in story quest) and on Reddit are basically acting like they want hand outs. so if that's the case then I guess NC should just do that then. I've seen other games decide to make their players very happy by giving them more free things and making everyone happy so they don't take forever to get their stuff but then they give them too much stuff and the player base becomes bored and people stop playing. even before the gold nerfs people where still complaining about not being able to get things easily. either way no matter what happens people still want things to be super easy and to be able to reach end game within a week or so when that's not really how an mmo should be.

we have literally got baleful upgrades nerfed so much its beyond redicolous at this point. yes maybe new things should be implemented for new players but you guys make it sound like its impossible for a new player when its not and all they have to do is just reach out to friendly active clan to help them or some friendly players in the game, because they do exist not everyone clan is an ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ whale clan and not every player is an ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤  whale player. new players can find people to help in the higher dungeons instead of looking like lost puppies. 

Hold on, didnt you just say "stop asking for carry" earlier? Here you go again asking new players to beg other players for carry.

Its not a solution. Noone wants new players to beg people to carry them, and i gurantee you, most new players aint too happy about getting stuff only because someone drags them trough the dirt either.

21 minutes ago, Ujarac said:

all they have to do is just reach out to friendly active clan to help them or some friendly players in the game, because they do exist 

Where exactly are these friendly active clans? 80% of the people I've encountered in the game are buttheads, there aren't any clans recruiting in-game (not on my server at least), and the few claiming to be recruiting in the forums ignore your application.

In any case, being carried is being carried, whether it's a whale or your clan mates.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Ujarac:

I feel like someone dont know what he's talking about. I have 2 chars on Raven 9 with at least VT Soulshields. I could upgrade both chars without helping each other before this patch.

I also have a HM9 alt with balefull 10 @ 1k AP that i cant upgrade to raven  after the last patch, at least not without help of my 2 mainchars, so i dont play my alt anymore.

Low and midgear players dont get any gold from low dungeons like EC, DT, NF.

NC-Soft even decided to make NS harder for low/mid-gear Player. i started running NS with 800AP when NS had full mechanic even in normal mode and could finish it without problems. NS is still recomended at 800AP but you wont beat the enragetimer.

NC-Soft thought it would be a great idea to reduce the enrage timer for NS ( a dungeon you need to farm for your bracelet) from 10 to 5 minutes.

I dont know, how many times i joined and helped a group of players with 900-1000AP, recruiting at xanos, because they failed at the enragetimer.

No one died, they did the best they can, but they couldn't beat the enragetimer. WTF?

Did NC-Soft even thought about the impact of this totaly crappy patch? Either they dont know their own game they developing or they are simply that stupid.

And by the way, i dont feel like i carryed those groups. I helped them to reach their goal, to finish NS, even i did most of the damage.

Carrying (at least for me) means to do all the work, while the one who get carried do nothing.

Go try to find a group for IF, EL, SM, HH with 1k AP.

Go try to find a clan with Balefull and 1k AP,

enlighten us with your wisedome and show us how to gear up a low/mid gear char without help of a high geared alt.

And of course everything  got cheaper and more easy to get. I had to go all the wasy up from Hongmoon acessouirs and Hongmoon weapon to True Scorpion befor i get my legendqary weapon. Today you get the legendary weapon straight out of the story and it is ok.

You all forget about one thing. In asia BnS was realeased 6 years ago, in EU/NA only 2 years ago and we are now just 3-4 month behind asia. So we had 4 years less to get to a gear equal to asia. Therefore things should have been much more easy to obtain to catch up with asia, but thats another story.

People are not to lazy to farm, they try to, but they cant effectively farm because NC-Soft decided to take away all ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing gold sources for low leveled chars.

You get materials without much problems by running lower dungeons. but what the hell you should do with your mats, when you dont get gold to upgrade your stuff?

Low levels get little to no unbond materials they can trade.

Hell even i do NS-DD every day on 2 chars and nearly got no unbound mats anymore except those from the weekly chest.

But please go ahead and defend every ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ NC-Soft will change.

Guess some people will still defend this crap, even NC-Soft decide to only drop a heal pot and 1 bronce in ST and you will get your mats and gold only from F10

4 hours ago, Statler said:

Did NC-Soft even thought about the impact of this totaly crappy patch? Either they dont know their own game they developing or they are simply that stupid.

I dont think. They just patched, what the korean version have and thats all. And all the problems are from this : we are almost at the same patch, but they had 6 years to reach their gear to do content, and we had like 2. So yes, we did the catch up content wise, but not gear wise.

19 hours ago, ChillWind said:

Hello!

I would like to also post my feedback as a newcomer. I saw this thread while planning to start my own thread.

I'll try to make it short.

I've started playing in December 2017, it wasn't too bad until now. I have followed the storyline got myself some average gems, items. All was ok until last patch changes. (I have finished the storyline a month ago).

At the moment with help from friends I found in game who helped me before last patch with some gold and a few soulstones, I've managed to reach Baleful 10 pistols.

After struggling to get better gems, increase the forgers guild level, increase the radiant ring level, increase the soul warden guild level, buying 5-10 moonstones from F5 Marketplace in order to create transformation stones for the next level Raven 1 pistols, I've ended up with 6 transformation stones (not even half of the requirements for the pistol upgrade), and I have only 40 gold left right now.

Now you may wonder why did I waste so much gold on buying Moonstones from the F5 marketplace? I have of course tried to do weeklies, I've hardly did 2 weeklies by now because players refuse to play with me, there are exceptions but 80% of the players refuse to add me to any party. Then, i tried to join battlegrounds to earn battleground points, to exchange for a pack of moonstones. Guess what? There I've met worse, the so called elitist-selfish and rude players who threatened me with reports for playing there with my  current equipment.

There goes some of my gold, on marketplace for buying Moonstones, at crafting guilds to build repair tools, guild supplies to level up the guild etc.

Then I saw that I need Empyrean Stones, these have even higher material requirements and at marketplace are 400 gold a piece! I need 5 of these.

To create them on my own i need 25 Moonstones and also the two types of Orbs, Soulstones and what not!

Now about dungeons, I do the daily dungeons very hard as well. The same story, I get kicked or try had to LFP and pray game brings in a HM 12,13,15 or something to help with damage and game dungeon experience. I've hardly found some friends who I've added to my friend list but they're not everytime I log in online or they're also busy. I sometimes end up searching or trying to enter lobbies which ask for 1k. I currently have 985 attack power, I can get 1000 if I move all my defensive points to attack points.

All players in dungeon party search ask for 1k almost for eveything and even if I have 1k damage they tell me to get Raven 1. TO get Raven 1 pistols I will probably have to play until next year in January. I play 2 to maximum 3 hours / day. I plan to uninstall if next patch doesn't bring back dungeon gold chests or increase the dungeon price.

To sum up I currently have the following equipment: https://imgur.com/a/bmJ2jG1 I've hardly got any good gems as well. I was lucky to get the Koldrak's Lair pink gem and one blue hexagonal gem from last event but is still not enough to help with my damage all around.

I plan to stop playing if the game doesn't offer more gold at least from some dungeons. It's not worth my time.

Well dont blame the people at battleground though...
Most people with gear that farm it do it for rating and season rewards..
Ofcourse it's annoying for them to get a person with baleful 10 weapon on his team who cant hit anyone and will die in a single hit..

It's really frustrating to try and get rating at battleground... trust me...
Work for hours, finally get close to gold rank.. then either DC and instantly lose 50 points or a team without gear who cant even touch the people ur fighting....
I been 1 win away from novacore 15x before i reached gold, exactly for this reason...

You kinda dont belong at a battleground with a whale group, if there were enough people queing and the rating system made sense low geared people would play with low geared people and not with whales...
But now we get baleful 10 people to fight vs dragon forge 9, max soul , max pet etc.. lol

Archived