My opinion on the dungeon nerf sent straight to the staff. Everyone in the community should do the same because it affects us all and its wrong.

inb4 they read the post and think that the need to nerf the celestial basin: No more material pouch and all drops from the worldboss are soulbound now. You're welcome new players, this will help you gear up. 

Oh and all dungs up to hollows heart have their gold reduced to 20 silver and below. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Granger said:

inb4 they read the post and think that the need to nerf the celestial basin: No more material pouch and all drops from the worldboss are soulbound now. You're welcome new players, this will help you gear up. 

Oh and all dungs up to hollows heart have their gold reduced to 20 silver and below. 

Lmao... again, you are so horribly right. I have to laugh but gosh, I feel truly sad for the game and everyone who loves it. 

Inb4 they do what you say and also shorten enrage timer of all dungeons under HH to 1 min.

What the devs should do is create 3 separate tiers for upgrading and dungeons. Low level tier for new players, mid level tied for players in the middle and high level tier for end game players and each tier has their own set of resources that is used for upgrading. For example low level tier would consist of players with up to baleful stage 12 which after they would be ready to advance to mid level tier which would be from raven and riftwalk stage 1 to raven and riftwalk stage 9 and then end game gear which would be aransu and above atm.

Low level dungeons would only drop resources and enough gold for low tier upgrades and middle level dungeons for middle tier and so on. That would solve half of the progression problems.

@Astarae New dungeons are not exclusive to hm 16, you dont need to be hm 16 to go there, you only need enough gear to kill the boss. Same for any other dungeon. If you die to an 1 hit attack then that is your own fault and not the dungeons fault and you need to learn what happened and why and prevent it from happening again and those mechanics are what makes boss fights well, a boss fight. That is the point of them, to make you think instead of brainlessly attacking a boss with 0 chances of dying till the boss dies, as if the boss was a normal monster. Game WANTS you to learn how to avoid 1 hit kill attacks while doing optimal damage to bosses, sure some people cant do that because of ping or other reasons but that's a different matter altogether.

As for the dungeon farming and grinding, in a good mmo there HAS to be a certain amount of grinding. Not too much but not too little either, has to be balanced based on what the developers intend it to be like. With 0 grinding a mmo game would most likely not survive long because people would get bored and leave because they have all the gear and have done everything possible in 4-6 months of playing the game. So unless game constantly, like every 2 weeks, gives new updates with new dungeons and stuff, it would die faster than a mosquito, most likely. Of course people would also leave if its too hard to progress so that's why it needs to be balanced correctly so that people find it fun to grind all the dungeons with friends 100 times over, which is the point of a mmo game.

I did stop playing the game since the last update, they have literaly made too hard for us being able to farm what is needed to progress in this game. Right  now if I were playing would be able to only play about 3 hours on week days... so why bother in playing anymore if you get nothing from doing dc/grinding dungeons that no longer have a decent reward (is not like before was good neither but now is way worst).

Ncsoft west should stop releasing the same patches that korea does... the only thing they do here is to translate the game...

5 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

@Astarae New dungeons are not exclusive to hm 16, you dont need to be hm 16 to go there, you only need enough gear to kill the boss.

This is entirely and absolutely true. The HM rating on dungeons is mostly for KR and for the data they collect about how geared the players are AND it's for hard mode, but for normal mode :3

Regarding the bad, it is unfortunate, this is not the same anymore, many people in the chat saying that the game is dead and sad, I personally no longer play as before, I think it's time to look for another game, this smells dead

You have to ask yourself, self, what does NCSoft care about? Is it making the players happy or making a buck? We as players can only imagine the sales scheme behind all of this, whether it's to sell sacred vials or more character slots (cuz 3+ alts ain't enough anymore to make enough gold, not to mention a new warrior class instead of fixing the things that are broke), milk the whales (how?), or some other nefarious scheme. It makes no sense to us because we don't know what NCSoft is planning to push next, but it will be in the interest of NCSoft, not the players. Maybe they wont alienate the player base so bad that it can't be reconciled, but this patch in its entirety is so screwed up I won't spend another penny on the game.

I quit once and stayed away for over a year. Guess it's time for me to revert back to my socially ineptitude self and mod Skyrim again, or maybe try BDO again - either would be a lot more fun than this crap, as it stands.

1 hour ago, SkyStorm said:

I quit once and stayed away for over a year. Guess it's time for me to revert back to my socially ineptitude self and mod Skyrim again, or maybe try BDO again - either would be a lot more fun than this crap, as it stands.

i've tried BDO, entire game is just huge money sink and all mobs is just gear check and braindead dps
it's utterly lacking mech dungeon stuff i like from bns and end game bdo is pretty boring >_<

not to mention bdo infested with bot, i heard they're doing huge bot banning few month ago though

I also like to  point out something else then what I commented last

It seems this change is claimed to encourage to do higher level dungeons but how true is that, before this patch
high level dungeons had way better gold and   also this strong box,. secret safe  etc  so it was way encouraging to do them already! 

Now secret safe etc is gone and replace with stupid flower?
So I don't see any real enrougament either, it looks like less enoraugarmnet to do anything since higher dungeons rewards  been nerfed  since no more secret safe etc and so is lower ones. Also I am not so sure about the mat box from the dynamic either, I somehow feel the old one gave better mats.

[aslo as a side note the silverfrost dungeon were already  nerfed, like Sagauns from 10g [premium] to about 6 g. Then now nerfed again to about 1g.]

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Jack Valent:

I can't join SSM, IF, and EL with my alt since only 1070AP... T.T

People are putting high standart now. Even NS sometimes 1100AP.

And the worst part is I spent 25 minutes on NF DT EC for 6 Golds T.T

What  a Game, Producer!!

My alt is a HM9 Gunner with Balefull 10, elemental rin/ earring, legendary necklace, bracelet stage 3 and belt and 1000 and a few AP.

I could upgrade to Raven but i need 2 preium and 5 empirian Stones, but i cant neither earn the money to buy them nor i could get the unbound materials to craft them due to last patch.

I deal between 50-70k dps, but i cant even find a group for IF/EL. I gave up on it after 45minutes of searching by my self or get kicked from other groups i joined. How should i even find a group for SM or HH?

Well i could send Mats / Gold from my main Char, but my main also need those mats and tons of gold for upgrading. Befor the patch i could upgrade my alt without any help of my main, even by running only up to NS. Now its nearly impossible, so i gave up my alt.

Imagin it would be my main char. I would have left the game after the patch. It is totaly gamebreaking for low/mid-gear chars.

NC-Soft dosnt give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ to new players and the community is not much better with their redicolous requirements even for dungeons like NS/IF/EL.

Still wonder how many more players need to leave the game before NS-Soft realize their changes are just crap.

1 hour ago, Statler said:

My alt is a HM9 Gunner with Balefull 10, elemental rin/ earring, legendary necklace, bracelet stage 3 and belt and 1000 and a few AP.

I could upgrade to Raven but i need 2 preium and 5 empirian Stones, but i cant neither earn the money to buy them nor i could get the unbound materials to craft them due to last patch.

I deal between 50-70k dps, but i cant even find a group for IF/EL. I gave up on it after 45minutes of searching by my self or get kicked from other groups i joined. How should i even find a group for SM or HH?

Well i could send Mats / Gold from my main Char, but my main also need those mats and tons of gold for upgrading. Befor the patch i could upgrade my alt without any help of my main, even by running only up to NS. Now its nearly impossible, so i gave up my alt.

Imagin it would be my main char. I would have left the game after the patch. It is totaly gamebreaking for low/mid-gear chars.

NC-Soft dosnt give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ to new players and the community is not much better with their redicolous requirements even for dungeons like NS/IF/EL.

Still wonder how many more players need to leave the game before NS-Soft realize their changes are just crap.

I am in your same case, 1 char at Raven 1, 3 others at Baleful 10, all with legendary accesories, elemental ring/erring, BT ss. I cant upgrade further, I get kicked from parties in my ap range (around 1050) because of baleful, I often despair of getting into NS and give up, and I have never been able to do IF or EL. So yeah, either they revert the last patch changes so we can go on playing and progressing, or it will be known as "The Patch That Killed A Very Good Game". 

110+ friends in friend list shrinking again regular online at 7-10 a week after patch.

Before patch I still can find them on around 10-15 onliners.

I myself need to stop the game right after subscription over. If I knew the patch turned out to be like this, I would've not topped up 3 months subscription.

I do love the pvp style and pve in this game. It's just too bad such huge company cannot handle the player's interest to keep playing. 

11 hours ago, Fiana said:

i've tried BDO, entire game is just huge money sink and all mobs is just gear check and braindead dps
it's utterly lacking mech dungeon stuff i like from bns and end game bdo is pretty boring >_<

not to mention bdo infested with bot, i heard they're doing huge bot banning few month ago though

BDO is nothing like BnS when it comes to PvE, yes. Mostly cause it's built more like Lineage 2 back in h5 and earlier times, when PvE was not the end goal of the game. It provides a completely different challenge from BnS (one that BnS can never provide in fact, due to the target demographic in NA/EU);

The ban wave was for fishing bots, unlike the several ban waves we had here for full fledged auto farmers.

@Statler 

"I deal between 50-70k dps, but i cant even find a group for IF/EL. I gave up on it after 45minutes of searching by my self or get kicked from other groups i joined. How should i even find a group for SM or HH?"

The SSM/HH part isn't going to happen with that alt.

vor 59 Minuten schrieb MassiveEgo:

Statler 

Zitat

"I deal between 50-70k dps, but i cant even find a group for IF/EL. I gave up on it after 45minutes of searching by my self or get kicked from other groups i joined. How should i even find a group for SM or HH?"

The SSM/HH part isn't going to happen with that alt.

I know, but you dont even find groups for IF/EL where you can get at least a little bit of gold.

Well ok its also mostly failure of the community who is to lazy to do some mech and therefore prefer to search people wit at least 1.1k for those dungoens. Even the requirement of VT-Gear is common these days.

Conclusion: All who dont have a good geared main chare are screwed and its nearly impossible for them to gear up.

7 minutes ago, Statler said:

Conclusion: All who dont have a good geared main chare are screwed and its nearly impossible for them to gear up.

I believe this is the point of the thread xD

Still I wouldn't condone the community for disliking the game's shortcomings. You can't expect people to want to do the same mechanics a million times without getting bored. I insinuated this in another topic - this game lacks the PvE complexity to keep people from getting bored. The only legit challenge are the epic dungeons and some hard modes cause  they can actually murder you for messing up. And those are enrage timer locked. No gear, no fun. In other words, doing the boring grind of the dumb mechanic dungeons is mandatory. And obviously when nobody enjoys those (and who can blame people for choosing the path of least resistance... it's a game after all, not a job or life where struggle can't be avoided for achieving comfort), nobody is going to want to spend the calories to deal with proper mechs. One would argue that "it's for the greater good", but as long as it doesn't tie in the concept of immediate gratification at least to some extent, it's not going to be taken seriously.

On Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 8:07 PM, Bleys said:

Im a returning player, and i had about 2.5k gold saved from the old days..  So basically i got to Baleful 12  but now i need another 1250 gold for Empyrean  Stones and another 400 for Legendary elements to go Raven or i cant progress... So i guess ill be stuck here for 2-3 months Running Naryu Sanctum and the 3 weekly bosses to go one weapon level up or i will just quit again...

One way to make gold that some seem to not thing about -- your guild(s).  They have items that are *for trade*.   Like I used to be able to sell Master Field Repair kits w/10 hammers in them for about 3.5-4.5g each.  Sold them in groups of 5 at 10-25 silver under lowest offering.  Selling 10 groups of 5 each, would net me about 150-175g.  Can also make transformation stones, though they take longer and costs are higher, but again at 9-15g each, in lots of 5 x 5-10 units a day... up to 450+ a day.  Find guilds that benefit you in stats or g.  I have my bakery guild make dumplings -- +700crit & +500accuracy +25BossAP -- usable anywhere except dual arena.  Used to try to sell chests of them, but not enough people know about them so selling was too unreliable and prices would fall below ingredient costs, so generally stopped that.  But still try to carry some for friends/party members....

Just some things to think about...

And how does this help newcomers since those guys dont get tradeable mats anymore to craft tradeable guild things, nor can afford to buy those tradeable mats?

Mathed it out, too:

JpCbzz8.png 

Turns out its a total loss even if you could.

Just for funsies: 

ycsZb1z.png

I wouldnt craft anything, sell your mats instead. Even if you were more etablished, the economy here is backwards as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

The GM's n developers in this game cant play this game without godmode if they play at all.. The very concept that they know what is going on in the game.. is a fantasy.. they rely on the whales or the PvP gods for input.. I do not see the game lasting much longer.. on the EU NA side.. Korea will keep going.. because it works there.

Of course it works there. They have extremely good connection ins a relatively small territory. Their client runs really smooth compared to the absolute trash we have here, which tends to stutter even with the pinnacle of hardware on the market. That makes their pvp much more active than ours will ever be and considering that's the focal point of the game... yeah...

30 minutes ago, Fieryfly said:

The GM's n developers in this game cant play this game without godmode if they play at all.. The very concept that they know what is going on in the game.. is a fantasy.. they rely on the whales or the PvP gods for input.. I do not see the game lasting much longer.. on the EU NA side.. Korea will keep going.. because it works there.

25 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

Of course it works there. They have extremely good connection ins a relatively small territory. Their client runs really smooth compared to the absolute trash we have here, which tends to stutter even with the pinnacle of hardware on the market. That makes their pvp much more active than ours will ever be and considering that's the focal point of the game... yeah...

I agree with you both. 

And yeah, considering NA/EU won't ever be that active in pvp because players are all over the planet with very different kind of connections, and that the last patch killed the PVE side because NCSoft West doesn't have a clue about where the majority of their players truly stand in terms of progression (and seemingly doesn't care at all about newcomers)... well...

Archived