i am fed up with mechs

pikapikapika

1 hour ago, Racingwind said:

Also, it's not NC that's doing this to you, it's Bloodlust, the guys that actually is in charge of designing BnS. Threaten them with death threats and they'll probably put LFR in BnS too!

And that will come with even lower rewards in that mode.

Just like anyone else has said it. Nobody is making you do anything. If you don't like it, play a different game. Mechs are needed to make the game challenging otherwise the game wouldn't be worth playing if all we had to do is dps everything down everytime.

The only thing that's interesting is the mech, everything else is just gear dependend. If you prefer brain dead games you can just quit BNS, here people enjoy overcoming the dificulties of mechs and fell rewarded by overcoming it.

-----

To be good in anything in life one must have a lot of dedication and effort, you may chose to not dedicate yourself to a game but that's your choice not the game's fault.

11 hours ago, Garlend said:

I feel the same way pretty much. You shouldn't have to study for an hour to learn how to run a dungeon.

This is a good point, especially in "wonderful" community like ours where being newbie and honest seems to be a sin. 

Video and guide can only help so far.. still need to get into the dungeon and actually experience it yourself. That part apparently many people still forget or being for the lack of words... thick skulled. like say when i went to F8, RT and say "Learning run" i found it people just either not coming or just disappear after few seconds.  This kind of attitude will not helping anyone.  and no just getting into clan wont help, especially if you out of the loop (SEA time vs EST) etc.   One attitude i learned is that the clan think you want to be carried... that's kinda unwise attitude.

It wouldn't be hard (time consuming maybe) If we have a learning party, but as my experience suggest it's kinda hard to find especially for higher dg's.  Just like finding a job where the company wants a 23 yrs old employee with 30 years of experience.

---

anyway any effort to make better community and willingness to teach flourish.. im in.

In all honesty, mechanics will never change. That's what most people play the game for because they love a good challenge. If you don't like the game play, it's probably best to find another game until NCsoft makes changes for the playerbase which may never happen.

5 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

This is a good point, especially in "wonderful" community like ours where being newbie and honest seems to be a sin. 

Video and guide can only help so far.. still need to get into the dungeon and actually experience it yourself. That part apparently many people still forget or being for the lack of words... thick skulled. like say when i went to F8, RT and say "Learning run" i found it people just either not coming or just disappear after few seconds.  This kind of attitude will not helping anyone.  and no just getting into clan wont help, especially if you out of the loop (SEA time vs EST) etc.   One attitude i learned is that the clan think you want to be carried... that's kinda unwise attitude.

It wouldn't be hard (time consuming maybe) If we have a learning party, but as my experience suggest it's kinda hard to find especially for higher dg's.  Just like finding a job where the company wants a 23 yrs old employee with 30 years of experience.

---

anyway any effort to make better community and willingness to teach flourish.. im in.

Another issue is f8. NCsoft should revamp with auto match making. The dungeon lobby system we have is very outdated. More people should be out in the world.

I think that the mechanics of the bosses is fine. The really frustrating thing is not the mechanics, it's the amount of endless hp the bosses have. Let's realize I have r9 the only thing I want from the dungeon, independent of the mech is to finish the fast dungeon so that it consumes me the shortest possible time that's why there are so many problems with the people that ask for 1.1k for those dungeons in my opinion.

Reason why bosses have so much health is probably that they want you to learn how to do optimal dps while doing mechs and avoiding all the damage. 1 problem with that is due to Korea being small, there aren't so much ping issues. In Na/Eu its different since our regions are easily few times larger than Korea so few times higher latency for some people due to distance so its less damage in overall.

Mechanics are what makes a game, a game, although the mechanics in B&S are not always the best. I feel that if a game does the mechanics of its content well, it should be reasonably clear what it is you're expected to do, for instance, let's say during a fight you could be set on fire, and are taking damage over time as a result, looking around the playing area there are small waterfalls, it's then fairly clear that you're expected to go under those waterfalls to put out the fire. Mechanics in B&S although, especially in dungeons people consider to be difficult, are not always nearly as intuitive, which is why reading/watching guides in this game gets to be so important, but it shouldn't be. It's that unintuitive nature of the mechanics in those dungeons that can make it difficult, more so than actually doing the required mechanics, once you know what to do, they tend to be fairly easy.

Some mechanics in dungeons are fun. in example NS. Still I would like to see 1hit kill boss attacks removed from normal mode. Enrage timer could be removed in normal mode too. It's just normal mode. It should be easy. All normal mode dungeons should be doable with people straight out of story. With gear you earned completing story. To help you gear up for hard mode. It really sucks now. 1000+ AP (or even 1050+ after this glorious patch) for NORMAL NS? that's insane. We have like 7 dungeons after it.  Watching update videos and new dungeons..it looks cool, but then you realize...you'll never get into those dungeons when they are relevant..even on normal mode. And that's saddest part...new content become wallet warriors aka whales only.

I dont care how much AP hard mode needs. its hard after all so it's fine for it to require even 1500AP+. I dont care. It's hard mode and not supposed to be for everyone. Just like mythic dungeons or heroic raids in wow. It's hardest mode in game so it's fine for it to require best gear. But block people from accessing normal mode dungeons? that's insane...
Game was better 2 years ago. I remember doing naryu labyrinth with less than average gear when it was released, done awakened necropolis with like 400AP when it was new. Even cold storage with like 440 and thought that 599AP is a lot. With like 550 AP and at HM8 I cleared Sogun's lament. Yeah..back then it was hardest dungeon. Everything started to fall apart when Ebondrake citadel and later dungeons got released. and now..new players after story can successfully to queue for what? Everything below EC? 

Hongmoon levels is unique idea but they kinda ruins game. How? Well...it's simple. 55HM10 and 55HM20 is still lv55. You basically can upgrade baleful/seraph to aransu 9 at HM5. with all weapons and gear being available you start complaining about high prices, because you want to gear up faster. You want to upgrade as fast as you can. That could be solved with traditional levels. Making aransu gear for lv80, raven for lv 70 and so on. Simply by turning HM levels into normal ones. EXP for it? well...quests would scale with your level. Reaching level 70 would be 2x faster than reaching HM15 now. 70-80 would require same amount of time as HM15-25 now. This way, no matter how expensive mats are you should be able to get best gear ( or be really good geared) once you reach max level. You could say that it's possible to do that now? Yeah...but you can get raven at like HM9 now. You can equip it at 55. With HM levels being replaced with normal levels you wouldn't be able to upgrade it once you reach lv70. So you would save mats until you reach 70 and instead upgrading baleful/seraph to raven 1 you might be able to upgrade it to raven 5 or something like that. Possibly upgrade pet or soul too. Hongmoon points? They would stay. You would get 2 points when you level up. Total 160 points.
Oh and dungeons could have more strict requirements. Minimum and maximum level to enter. Yeah no Asura for you lv80 people. All hard mode dungeons would be lv80 only. Daily challenges would be from lv10. It would require to:
Complete 8x daily quests to complete them. Any 8 quests. You could kill pokey, plague mite and similar weak crap at max level 
Kill 150 monsters of any level
Craft or transmute 8 times. It doesn't matter what you craft/transmute. 
Rewards? amount of gold equal to your level;
True friendship charms 5-15
upgrade materials (soulstones, moonstones,sacred orbs and elysian orbs and their cystals).Sum of materials equal to your level. In example at level 80 you could get 10 of each or 30:15:10:5:5:5:5:4 or 60 of same type material, that would be RNG based)
chance to get sacred vials; pet pods; hexagonal gems; raven and aransu upgrade materials; 1 million exp charms

25 minutes ago, YunoGasaiYandere said:

Hongmoon levels is unique idea but they kinda ruins game. How? Well...it's simple. 55HM10 and 55HM20 is still lv55. You basically can upgrade baleful/seraph to aransu 9 at HM5. with all weapons and gear being available you start complaining about high prices, because you want to gear up faster. You want to upgrade as fast as you can. That could be solved with traditional levels. Making aransu gear for lv80, raven for lv 70 and so on. Simply by turning HM levels into normal ones. EXP for it? well...quests would scale with your level. Reaching level 70 would be 2x faster than reaching HM15 now. 70-80 would require same amount of time as HM15-25 now. This way, no matter how expensive mats are you should be able to get best gear ( or be really good geared) once you reach max level. You could say that it's possible to do that now? Yeah...but you can get raven at like HM9 now. You can equip it at 55. With HM levels being replaced with normal levels you wouldn't be able to upgrade it once you reach lv70. So you would save mats until you reach 70 and instead upgrading baleful/seraph to raven 1 you might be able to upgrade it to raven 5 or something like that. Possibly upgrade pet or soul too. Hongmoon points? They would stay. You would get 2 points when you level up. Total 160 points.

Your level idea is well thought out. The only bad part about it is that it isn't going to happen, unless it somehow negate the levels gained with exp charms (this includes all exp charms from the 10k exp up to 5m exp ones). And quite frankly I can't think of a fair way to do this. 

34 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

Your level idea is well thought out. The only bad part about it is that it isn't going to happen, unless it somehow negate the levels gained with exp charms (this includes all exp charms from the 10k exp up to 5m exp ones). And quite frankly I can't think of a fair way to do this. 

They could make exp charms lv55+ only

I've run into this issue too, I get told to watch a 20-30 minute video with diagrams and positioning, calculating exact placement of your teams. After about 5 minutes I've moved on to suggested video about a school principal vs deer. Learning the mechanics is kind of boring they should implement something in the training room so people can actually prepare for the fights mechanics.

Seeing how the game is brute forcing everyone into the end game for resources,

You let players teach and all that's become is "1.1-1200kAP only" spammed everywhere, and 1 wipe "whole team leaves screaming noob!"

On 5/15/2018 at 2:38 PM, Racingwind said:

Also, it's not NC that's doing this to you, it's Bloodlust, the guys that actually is in charge of designing BnS.

No one at NCsoft, it's studios and it's subsidiaries is doing anything personally to any given person.  They are creating content and there are some people who do not like it.

And that's fine, @pikapikapika is absolutely free to dislike it all they want.  The problem is HOW @pikapikapika is conveying this opinion, and isn't the best way to communicate their viewpoint regarding content.

Archived