how can I earn gold? after daily chest changes

to be honest I've never been great at farming gold so I mostly just use to do the dailies on all my alts and hope for some 10g-100g drops (never seen 1000g drop the whole time I've been playing)  but after the recent removal of them I make about 10 gold a day.... lol considering I need a few thousand so my main could even hope to run anything past NS. My main is sitting at HM11 1050ap and I need about 500g to either buy the mats to make the items or buy the finished items to upgrade my weapon and that's only going to be about a 7ap increase. I can't run any dungeons that drops anything useful people would actually bid a lot for so that isn't a viable way for me to make gold either. With 1.1k being the bare minimum people want these days, it's looking like I have three options.

1. I can figure out a way to make gold in game that doesn't involve selling mats I'll need all those mats for upgrades anyways.

2. I can open my wallet and spend a few hundred dollars.   <-- Not really interested in this, while I don't mind buying a sub or some outfits I rather buy new games then pour money into BnS

3. I can say goodbye to BnS as end game doesn't really seem to be f2p anymore, even if the game was p2p there is a difference between p2p and having to buy mats just so I can upgrade since dungeons don't really seem to drop anything of use anymore.

So I guess I'm looking for some ideas/suggestions about how to get more gold with only a time investment and not a cash/ncoin infusion. Also feel free to suggest other games or MMO's I might be interested in since I'm not really expecting anything to actually come from this 

One method I'm currently using/doing is farming Celestial Basin (been doing so for about a month or so now - so it could just be me, but I enjoy it enough to not have the urge to find any other method), the Celestial Basin bosses spawn, kill, loot, swap channels and try to get a 3rd channel hop for +3 pouches (you get an extra one if you land the killing blow) within 30-70 minutes (timer depends on how many players are farming peaches).

So, you can essentially farm peaches or afk and come back every 30 minutes or so. Farming peaches will also allow you to purchase treasure pouches which has materials in them.

But, the main goal here is to make money - the pouches from the bosses has a potential chance (obv. it's RNG, but for me at least, it's roughly 1 in 4 drop rate - largest personal sample size: 357) to give you some evolve stones which could be sold for +10G each (depending on the server your on - currently on NA Zulia, it's going for +14G and is increasing daily). 

(What I do: afk in CB, watch movie, work, play another game, read, etc. come back after 30 minutes, wait for boss announcement)

I would definitely recommend to sell the tradeable materials for gold. It is very easy to farm the untradeable ones should you lack them for an upgrade, but the "rich raiders" are paying very handsomely in F15 for things like Elysium Orbs.

As an example: It's no use being stuck on 200 ECry and 50 EOrbs when what you need for the next upgrade is 100 ECry and a PTS. Just sell the orbs and the upgrade is provided for. ;)

Plus at least for eu you can easily run SSM with 1k ap (and find people for it), which is 10g per daily. IF and EL are currently searched for 1k as well, you might be lucky and get nice drops there where people are bidding on.

Tip: Sell materials that are unbound, use materials that are bound.

you drop a elysian orb and you have 50 elysian crystals ,you change that 1 orb into crystal and you have 51 elysian crystals, now you need 250 of them so whats the point? If you need more than 1 selling 1 elysian orb gets you 10 gold or more, and having some gold is always good for you. Also getting bound item is much common than getting no bound item so that's a profit for getting it, because you can sell it and whales wil buy it for whatever price it is on market.

15 hours ago, RavTH said:

Tip: Sell materials that are unbound, use materials that are bound.

you drop a elysian orb and you have 50 elysian crystals ,you change that 1 orb into crystal and you have 51 elysian crystals, now you need 250 of them so whats the point? If you need more than 1 selling 1 elysian orb gets you 10 gold or more, and having some gold is always good for you. Also getting bound item is much common than getting no bound item so that's a profit for getting it, because you can sell it and whales wil buy it for whatever price it is on market.

And how about the sealed mats you need to craft items to upgrade your gear? That's not a smart move. If he needs gold, probably need those materials too.

So, long story short: he will sell those mats now and in the future he will pay a lot more for the items already crafted.

Nope, that's not how you make money. You need to see the big picture in long terms, not in the next few days.

The first few hundred gold you make should go into making 35 transformation stones. Sell those, make another batch. Rinse and repeat until end of time. You will always make at least 50g per day that way, more if you watch the market and buy mats cheap and sell transformation stones only when they're spiking.

Other than that, you have Yunsang farm, ToI farm (trade yunsang beads for ToI tickets, get high enough floor to have the 10 sacred orb drop in the boxes, then just play 1 match and suicide) and SSM farm. SSP dailies still give soulstones too, you make some extra 10g per day by doing those (I believe you get the quests completed now by doing any damage at all to the quest bosses, correct me if I'm wrong).

You can also play the market. There are some obvious times to do it (when high-tier crafted items are showered upon us from events, like when masterwork soulshield bases were in the last rng box. You buy the items when their price crash and just patiently wait until they rise back up again. Another always worthy one is to buy premium transformation stones when they're in f10 rotation and just wait. Their price will climb back up after a while and you'll easily net some 100g per stone bought. Obviously, to make a lot of gold from market, you need a lot of gold to invest too, so it's not for the fresh out of story characters... and there's always a chance your investment will backfire due to ncwest introducing some new update that just completely destroys the value of an item.

I'm pretty high end geared (max pvp and pve gear but soul and aransu due to lack of hearts) without playing a lot at all (for the past year I've only done raids and daily challenge with almost no farm at all). Wouldn't be possible without market flipping (I guesstimate some 20-30k gold net profit from it total, some other people have made hundreds of thousands).

19 hours ago, DanielColunas said:

And how about the sealed mats you need to craft items to upgrade your gear? That's not a smart move. If he needs gold, probably need those materials too.

So, long story short: he will sell those mats now and in the future he will pay a lot more for the items already crafted.

Nope, that's not how you make money. You need to see the big picture in long terms, not in the next few days.

it takes more materials to craft and time than sell materials all together and buy what you need, no?

Ye. Because anyone who just logged in the game should have aransu weapon and 10 sec soul provided to them on a silver plate...

If OP dosn't want seek better deals and farm tradeble resourses then he can simply open his wallet and buy my gold from f9 ;) That is always an option, you know ;) 

2 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

So very sad.  OP came to the game to have fun and now he has to essentially become a stock trader to advance his character.  Something is clearly wrong here.

Considering there's a fully functioning in-game economy and in order to progress past a certain point in gear requires you to be "rich", it's not surprising. Playing the market is not necessary, but it can save hundreds if not thousands of hours of farming time.

More-so than making good decisions with the market, you should avoid making bad ones. Crafting oils if you need the untradable mats for upgrades, rolling premium stones or buying them when they are not in f10, not spending gold on trove when you need elements/jewels (exchange gold on higher than 1:1 rates before trove), buying elements/jewels from dragon express instead of waiting for troves etc keeps a lot of casual players poorer than they should be. Patience is key if you want to save gold. It sucks that you don't get your upgrades immediately when you could theoretically afford them, but it will pay off in the long run.

3 minutes ago, MrBubbles said:

More-so than making good decisions with the market, you should avoid making bad ones. Crafting oils if you need the untradable mats for upgrades, rolling premium stones or buying them when they are not in f10, not spending gold on trove when you need elements/jewels (exchange gold on higher than 1:1 rates before trove), etc keeps a lot of casual players poorer than they should be. Patience is key if you want to save gold. It sucks that you don't get your upgrades immediately when you could theoretically afford them, but it will pay off in the long run.

sums it up pretty well

Archived