I HATE tower of infinity

I hate tower of infinity. I hate it. I want NCsoft to quit having their bots being able to button read perfectly.

If you don't understand why Tower of Infinity is aggravating and absurd, then you haven't done it very much. I also don't know a single person who does it much that legit likes it that isn't trolling. I want for the bots to stop resisting things by countering in ways that a human could never do with superhuman reaction times. I want for the bots to stop being able to see and attack you with AOEs while you are invisible and untargetable, but they can just target you, and hit you with sunflower aimed perfectly anyway. I want them to stop turning to face me while they are in status effects that do not permit them to turn or target me. I want for them to stop being able to see me perfectly even while blinded, and I am diagonal to them, 6 meters away. I want them to stop being able to reliably back step to avoid a throwing dagger launched from stealth at a random time. I want them to stop reliably Back Stepping out of Turning leaf, which is a projectile that literally doesn't even have an animation! It is invisible, but they can counter it reliably anyway! No! That is impossible!

You know what the problem with ToI is? It isn't fun. Games are for entertainment. Being called "not fun" is one of the most grave sins an aspect of a game can commit. If it is not fun, that aspect of the game should be changed so that it is fun. Most of Blade and Soul is great, but not Tower of Infinity.

Basically I want the bots to stop cheating by doing things that would be impossible for a human. A player would get banned for being able to do stuff like that because it would indicate cheating using it in pvp. NCsoft bans boters, but then puts Arena Bots into their game on purpose, and calls it Tower of Infinity.

5 hours ago, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

You know what the problem with ToI is? It isn't fun. Games are for entertainment. Being called "not fun" is one of the most grave sins an aspect of a game can commit. If it is not fun, that aspect of the game should be changed so that it is fun. Most of Blade and Soul is great, but not Tower of Infinity.

You nailed the feelings of everyone who does ToI. I do not know a single person who enjoys doing it.

Basically what it comes down to is that you either hate it so much that you give up or you hate it so much that you learn to abuse the class matchups and grind it until you get so good at it that you don't have to spend so much time hating it. I can consistently clear 100f, but I too hate every second of it.

Just for your information, every major patch also brings tweaks to the ToI AIs. Every one of the changes have only made the AI cheat even more. So don't expect them to actually bring that quality to a sensible level.

It is widely known that ToI bots read our key inputs and react with 0 latency. So basically they are cheating yeah.

You need to practice combos, have good ping, and most of all, have to know how to get around the A.I to go far. 

Some classes can cheese ToI really well. FM is probably the best class to cheese (abuse) the A.I with their RMB chill/freezing. The bots tend to be confused when you attack without using lmb rmb. That's why for FM, all you do is spam 2 all day in ToI. If you even press lmb or rmb once the bots will counter you.....

adding a

1 second - 0.01 seconds per floor  ( e.g, 0,30 sec delay on floor 70)

delay on their abilities would solve that problem, it is so ridiculous how they always Back-step when i use Anklebiter with my Blade-master, this is literally impossible for a player .

TOI is the most hated thing is this game and ncsoft is aware of that but, sadly, they only carry about whales complaints.  The good thing is you can buy the badges with solar energy. 

Soon glory will be available too, so is just a matter of time.

Ok, I guess I'll dissent.  I don't hate ToI, but you do have to accept that it is designed to scale with your own gear.  The secret to ToI is learning the weaknesses of the ToI bots.  As an FM, BDs, Bms, and SFs have absolutely no chance. Once I got the SK badge, WL's, destros, Summs and Fms all go down with relative ease.  The only classes that now cause me trouble are sins and KFms, because they just eat up too much time.  

On 14/5/2018 at 5:47 PM, Tufa said:

Ok, I guess I'll dissent.  I don't hate ToI, but you do have to accept that it is designed to scale with your own gear.  The secret to ToI is learning the weaknesses of the ToI bots.  As an FM, BDs, Bms, and SFs have absolutely no chance. Once I got the SK badge, WL's, destros, Summs and Fms all go down with relative ease.  The only classes that now cause me trouble are sins and KFms, because they just eat up too much time.  

i respect your opinion, but as far as i understood from your post you dont hate it, but you dont sound to be having much fun either :)

specially a content that needs to be farmed till the end of days (it does drop tradable materials, so yea, it should be farmed properly! )...it should be quick, doable, not worse than pvp as it is a pve dungeon.

but as OP says, no normal human would be able to do what the bots there do - so it is clearly worse than pvp.

You mention the secret to TOI is to learn the weaknesses of the bots...thing is, why would i want to do something that i truly hate so many times as to learn the weaknesses of the bots? i'll tell you that i will not be doing that as i have other things to do in my life... things that i may like or dislike, its true; but in a game it should only be fun stuff, not stupid, moronic, annoying things that you hate doing, yet you are somewhat obligated to do. 

anyway, i'm one of them people who does toi only close to end season and going as far as my gunner's bulletstorm takes me! i will not bother spending hours to learn weaknesses.. what is even the point, i wonder; next patch, they will have less weaknesses anyway :)

On 14.5.2018 at 5:47 PM, Tufa said:

whats the weakness of a destroyer or assassin bot? they are about 15 lvl's more difficult than other classes.

So glad this has been brought up again. I am the number 1 hater of ToI. NC probably hates me for the amount of tickets i have sent them crying about ToI. Ima use this opportunity to cry even more.

ToI is cancer gameplay. I've been stuck in the 80 floors for about a year. Towards the end of last season (courage) i was stuck at 84 because i was being stopped in my tracks every single day by an assassin or destroyer. Those 2 classes are completely ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed, no arguments. KFM also caused some problems with its cheating, like being able to run around freely whilst FROZEN! but sometimes im lucky and get a quick kill.

This season im stuck at 87 and for the same reasons. I cannot for the life of me beat a destroyer or assassin on those higher levels and for some bullshit reason, i get them every ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing day. Most importantly i cant kill them FAST, which is the only objective here. You have to be quick to progress. Assassin trolls the crap out of that when it stands on the other side of the room waiting for you to attack or when it aerials you and puts you in a web just as you hit the floor.

5 hours ago, Arohk said:

whats the weakness of a destroyer or assassin bot? they are about 15 lvl's more difficult than other classes.

I would like to know this too. If any high geared and experienced FM who has atleast cleared floor 90+ can give me some tips on how to beat these 2 classes very fast like in under 10 seconds, then please do share the strategy. If no one can give a working strategy then its time for some quality of life changes ffs.

P.S only doing ToI for the title, got every badge needed for my class and hundreds of spare tokens >.>

I want to add that i know about cheesing bots as FM. I know about destroyers deflect parry bullshit when they start spinning. It doesnt change the fact that they are a broken class in ToI and need changing. They have too many CC skills and insane damage output.

4 hours ago, Amarthiel said:

I would like to know this too. If any high geared and experienced FM who has atleast cleared floor 90+ can give me some tips on how to beat these 2 classes very fast like in under 10 seconds, then please do share the strategy. If no one can give a working strategy then its time for some quality of life changes ffs.

For destroyer you'll want the 20 second immunity buff. You can facetank burst them down then, just make sure not to hit infernos into parry. 7s invincibility buff works too, but you're not killing the dest in 7 seconds in higher floors without burst soul (and 90f+ not even with that). Lacking that, you'll have to just spend time on pve'ing between spins. You can reliably ulti destroyers too in shadow grasp once they've spent ss and whatnot, it can shave a lot of time off the fight.

For sins you'll need a 7 second stun buff. Start at 20 meters or so and walk towards the sin waiting for them to decoy, ss and whatnot until they're only sidestepping, then just apply the stun just before being in range and burst. Note that they'll usually tab out after 3-4 seconds, but that's enough for a kill in sub 90 floors with burst soul. I haven't figured out why they tab and how to prevent it since I don't care to even try 90+ sins anymore just to save time and sanity. Not having 7s stun buff, you'll have to just pvp them properly and get cancer from it.

If you have cd reset potions, you can gulp a one right after the 2nd inferno cast for a 4x inferno to clear higher floor dests/sins with the above methods for 10 floor gains.

I tend to save 7s stun and 20s immunity buff just for the harder matchups. You can also use either against kfm to take them down faster than any direct damage buff allows you to. Summoner too if you really really need the 10 floor kill (usually I don't want to waste a stun buff on them since damage buffs also work wonders).

1 hour ago, MrBubbles said:

For destroyer you'll want the 20 second immunity buff. You can facetank burst them down then, just make sure not to hit infernos into parry. 7s invincibility buff works too, but you're not killing the dest in 7 seconds in higher floors without burst soul (and 90f+ not even with that). Lacking that, you'll have to just spend time on pve'ing between spins. You can reliably ulti destroyers too in shadow grasp once they've spent ss and whatnot, it can shave a lot of time off the fight.

For sins you'll need a 7 second stun buff. Start at 20 meters or so and walk towards the sin waiting for them to decoy, ss and whatnot until they're only sidestepping, then just apply the stun just before being in range and burst. Note that they'll usually tab out after 3-4 seconds, but that's enough for a kill in sub 90 floors with burst soul. I haven't figured out why they tab and how to prevent it since I don't care to even try 90+ sins anymore just to save time and sanity. Not having 7s stun buff, you'll have to just pvp them properly and get cancer from it.

If you have cd reset potions, you can gulp a one right after the 2nd inferno cast for a 4x inferno to clear higher floor dests/sins with the above methods for 10 floor gains.

I tend to save 7s stun and 20s immunity buff just for the harder matchups. You can also use either against kfm to take them down faster than any direct damage buff allows you to. Summoner too if you really really need the 10 floor kill (usually I don't want to waste a stun buff on them since damage buffs also work wonders).

Thanks for the tips! Gonna practice this

23 minutes ago, Amarthiel said:

Thanks for the tips! Gonna practice this

Np.

Also forgot to add, there's this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/307504829331406849/369817383650459654/FM_ToI_guide_1.0.png

Those setups mostly work even now. The most obvious differences is that now you'll really want to use dragon forge over raven/aransu (and fused badges+vt badge), you can't keep destroyers away anymore with shadow grasp or by planting a kd to the ground and beam build seems to be better overall now anyway and kfms cheat a lot more (but the initial stun->ss->frost armor release freezes still work if you're lucky enough for them to not just casually turn around, freeze themselves or jump backwards while frozen). The sin setup I never bothered to even try. I also use a different opener for BM and BD, but those are free matchups anyway. For BM the only important thing is to get behind them and the BM frozen before they use flock of blades, and BD... is a joke.

Archived