Forums

Player Base Toxic

Fiana

i've seen so many rage againts the dev team, but when i see the problem is lies within our community,
we old player and many more don't want to run dungeon with low gear, and i think this is destroy the game more than the patch

i've seen so many ppl refuse baleful and seraph in IF and NS or refuse raven 3 in EL and HH
and demand aranshu for RT and ST

iam right now have, if entire party alive, you can clear ST with 80k dps sustain, and this is the most difficult dungeon out there
clan must start to help their clan member to run daily and teach them mech for high dungeon
and for low gear or newbie, make sure you always ask if you don't know mech

7 hours ago, Fiana said:

i've seen so many rage againts the dev team

Justified rage.

7 hours ago, Fiana said:

but when i see the problem is lies within our community,

Well...it's a little bit more complicated than that, while i agree the community is toxic, the real problem lies with the dev team who constantly ignores their own player base.

7 hours ago, Fiana said:

we old player and many more don't want to run dungeon with low gear, and i think this is destroy the game more than the patch

Somewhat this is a valid point, but at the same time you gotta see this problem through the eyes of the "old players" who may have a limited play time themselves, most of them won't waste more time than needed with dungeouns who offer little to no reward, and personally i prefer not to put the blame on other players, not in this case anyway, maybe they want to run those dungeouns with some friends, maybe they want to run them fast with some high geared guild mates, they have the right to choose and we should not blame them if they choose to have some requirments.

7 hours ago, Fiana said:

i've seen so many ppl refuse baleful and seraph in IF and NS or refuse raven 3 in EL and HH

A way to fix this will be to increase the rewards to everyone while you have a player who still have the 10 runs mark , this way the player will most likely have time to understand the mechs and the players who helped run those dungeons with him will get something in return for their time.

7 hours ago, Fiana said:

clan must start to help their clan member to run daily and teach them mech for high dungeon

Most of them already do.

7 hours ago, Fiana said:

Fair enough ;)

While i can see the community playing a role in the recent rage inducing gaming experience that blade and soul is, it's not fair to put the blame on them, at least not all of it, most should and will be put on the dev team and with good reason, the recent changes killed the chances of the new/mid-tier players to advance unless they cash in on that hongmoon mastercard, removing the gold bars, tradable and non tradable materials and nerfing the gold from dungeouns/dailys  was a terrible mistake that will sooner or later come to bite the dev team in the ass.

( oh sorry for my bad english, not my main language )

2 hours ago, Fiana said:

i've seen so many rage againts the dev team, but when i see the problem is lies within our community,

iam right now have, if entire party alive, you can clear ST with 80k dps sustain, and this is the most difficult dungeon out there

The problems are the constant patches. In KR it usually takes half a year before they are introduced to new content, at times 7 up to 12 months.
While some welcome new input, the average player, especially new ones, aren´t able to keep up, unless they´re shown the ropes(e.g Guild, knowledgeable friends).
As of now BnS is a race not only for the community, but also for the western publisher. In terms of updates the devs in KR are pushing NCWest and the playerbase to catch up to other regions, whatever their intentions are, this is basically the result.
It´s not like none is at fault, there could be many improvements from the devs to the community itself, but unless we come to a close, this won´t change.
Everyone is too busy racing and tripping each others´ leg.

From a bright side though - I expect the community to change slowly after the next 2-3 patches, since that will be the time we´ll catch up with KR.

I agree much of the problem lies with the community, I left my main due to the fact I was at a standstill on any further advance on quests since I did not have raven equipment. I was being constantly bumped or not accepted for parties for the purpose of getting raven and learning how to run the dungeons involved to be able to advance in the game. And the clan I was in was too elitist to offer help.  I got tired of running the same low level dungeons and picking peaches so I left the game for about 4 months. Recently I came back and started an Alt. and now I find out no one wants to run low level dungeons with new people and no active guild wants you unless you are Lv 55+. The updates do make it harder and yes the game seems to be turning into a P2W if you want to get advanced equipment. But the player base seems to not welcome newer players and the game seems to just want your money making people quit the game in frustration.

Well community is toxic for sure. I did some multiruns on IF/EL today and left 3 groups in front of the dungeon. All 3 partyleader prefered to kick a lower geared player and to enter the dungeon with 5 players instead of running with one lower geared. One of them even kicked a HM10 WL, the only one we had in party and prefered to go with 5 player. What the hell?

When i can do a Dungeon with 4 or 5 people, why kick a lower geared?

Well i know a few just want a "free carry" but most of them just try their best to support the group. You never know before you finish the dungeon.

On the other Side NC-Soft reducing loot and gold to the ground (still wonder why we do not have to pay 10g, just to enter the dungeon, but thats comming next ill guess) and wonder why the Communtiy is that toxic. When i dont get any usefull, and NO NC-Soft theese ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing flowers are NOT usefull, not even for "lowies", i want to do the daily as quick as possible, theres no motivation. So People start searching with ridicolous high requirements like this

ztytem8c.jpg

(VT Gear for NS, IF, EL)

and prefer to kick lowies who maybe can wipe the party even you have to try hard to fail here.

So even i dont like these toxic behavior and dont support it, i partial can understand it. 

BTW im HM12 ~1200AP Raven 9 FM with full BT Gear and 5vt/3bt soulshield and even i sometimes get an instant kick even im the first or second who join that party. So you cant say they maybe looking for specific class.

And the last patch is gamebreaking for every new player (who are quite rare) and any alt. Reducing Gold from 7 (it was ill guess) at NF to 1.5 Gold.

So how should new players catch up without and Goldsource. Material wont be much of a Problem but you still need tons of Gold for upgrades. 

Ill guess those goldsellers, who showed up again, will have  good chanced to make money now.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Ren36:

The problems are the constant patches. In KR it usually takes half a year before they are introduced to new content, at times 7 up to 12 months.
While some welcome new input, the average player, especially new ones, aren´t able to keep up, unless they´re shown the ropes(e.g Guild, knowledgeable friends).
As of now BnS is a race not only for the community, but also for the western publisher. In terms of updates the devs in KR are pushing NCWest and the playerbase to catch up to other regions, whatever their intentions are, this is basically the result.

Thats another problem NC-Soft dont even consider. KR had way more time to gear up than we in EU/NA have. 

On one hand they want us to catch up, on the other hand they reduce Gold and unbound material income while bringing new content faster and faster.

Overall i think its the fault of NC-Soft and partial of the community itself to be toxic.

When nothing will change new player will leave cause they cant catch up and some of the old felt so messed around they also left.

What did NC-Soft wrote on german twitter?

Zitat

We want to make new dungeons more attraktive

Yeah, thats why you get useless flowers everywhere, very attractiv...

The 'problem' with the community comes from both sides, and becomes a catch 22 situation:

-Low geared players want to play high level dungeons, but they're not willing to do research, nor to speak up about being new, nor to take advice from high geared players when given. Low geared players don't dare to speak up, because high geared players either ignore them or respond rudely.

-High geared players don't want to play with low geared players, because they can't be bothered teaching new players, putting in extra effort or increasing the risks of failing the dungeon run. High geared players don't respond, because low geared players either ignore advice given to them, or are too slow picking up things.

As a high geared player myself now, I wouldn't bringing along low geared players, but not if they're all going to be quiet the entire run and are basically only there to get carried (which makes up about 99% of lowbies). Ask questions, respond to chat, show that you're willing to learn, and thank high geared players for letting you come. If you do those things, you'll see you'll meet high geared players who are willing to take you to new places and teach you mechanics. If you talk to people (and be nice to them), you increase your chances of getting recruited to a decent clan, which in turn will lead to you being able to join groups for high level content more easily, even if you lack gear or knowledge.

2 hours ago, Statler said:

We want to make new dungeons more attraktive

This^

NCS say this alots

We want to make new dungeons more attraktive. what they do?  ❤❤❤❤ all the old stuff

We want ppl do PVP. what they do? ❤❤❤❤ crafting for all PVE ppl

We want more $. what they do? This last update (u you think go pay for the new UE4?)

Where any one here see a MMO with so few alternatives? NCS force us for everything.

You dont like PVP? sorry you have to do NCS WANT

You dont like PVE ? sorry you have to do NCS WANT

You like play solo? sorry you cant NCS WANT you in a guild

NCS stop want everything!!!! give freedom for the players let them play as they like.

MMO games need lots of ppl and you guys ❤❤❤❤ even in the obvious things.

Your game have fantastic combat system. (even if you have managed to screw up a little the fantastic combat)

Yes player base is very toxic and like Milennin say comes from both sides. To be honest i no longer know who does more harm to the game.

But I'm sure NCS have more responsibility.

There is any1 noticed what can do "low geared ppl" after this patch with completely dead/empty mid-low dungeons? There is no mats-no gold nothing for them anymore...

imagine urself guys u r just start playing this game after this patch...

I was read on somewhere some brilliant advice to them farm IF-EL...That was should be a joke...

1 hour ago, Milennin said:

As a high geared player myself now, I wouldn't bringing along low geared players, but not if they're all going to be quiet the entire run and are basically only there to get carried (which makes up about 99% of lowbies). Ask questions, respond to chat, show that you're willing to learn, and thank high geared players for letting you come. If you do those things, you'll see you'll meet high geared players who are willing to take you to new places and teach you mechanics. If you talk to people (and be nice to them), you increase your chances of getting recruited to a decent clan, which in turn will lead to you being able to join groups for high level content more easily, even if you lack gear or knowledge.

I must say I am not in that, as you call in 99%, I ask questions and even PM people will all my info and willingness to answer any questions to join some active guilds with my new character (lv 40). Or with my main (lv 55/10 ap 980) I would  ask questions on what else besides what I have read I need to know to run the higher dungeons or new dungeons and 99% of the time I am totally ignored in both cases and the 1% told to "F off". This game is very clannish and it is very hard for an outsider or as you call them "lowbies" to get in a guild or party to learn the game or ask questions. It frustrates many and they move on to games with people more willing to help them out. I came back to see the new content, but even though there is some new content its not very positive and the people have seem to have gotten more elitist. So I am sure I will continue to solo with my new Alt. till I reach the end of the story line and like last time get frustrated and move on to the next game.

1 hour ago, Haney said:

I must say I am not in that, as you call in 99%, I ask questions and even PM people will all my info and willingness to answer any questions to join some active guilds with my new character (lv 40). Or with my main (lv 55/10 ap 980) I would  ask questions on what else besides what I have read I need to know to run the higher dungeons or new dungeons and 99% of the time I am totally ignored in both cases and the 1% told to "F off".

You're very unlucky then. I'll always help those who bother to ask for it, and I've seen other players do the same (although the opposite in a lot of cases as well). But for new people who stay quiet or ignore advice given to them, there's nothing experienced players can do for them.

1 hour ago, Haney said:

This game is very clannish and it is very hard for an outsider or as you call them "lowbies" to get in a guild or party to learn the game or ask questions. It frustrates many and they move on to games with people more willing to help them out. I came back to see the new content, but even though there is some new content its not very positive and the people have seem to have gotten more elitist. So I am sure I will continue to solo with my new Alt. till I reach the end of the story line and like last time get frustrated and move on to the next game.

I've never had trouble finding a helpful clan to be in (been in 3 so far, as low- mid- and high-geared player), but of course there's always a luck factor. I'd say to find a clan to join, try:

-being active in faction chat. Ask questions, look for the people who are helpful and try to interact with those (that's actually how I got into my first clan when I was a noob, who then taught me everything I needed).

-try to join conversations in random dungeon groups (quite rare, but they do happen). Try to befriend those who seem nice, and they might be able to get you into their clan.

-go on the forums, or a popular discord group, and look for clans that are recruiting, or post a LFC topic yourself.

I think a lot of new people are just afraid to speak up. You learn fast to keep silent after the first dozen or so kicks, when you let people know it's your first time or they see the green leaf icon next to your name. Newbies realize that to get anywhere, they need to get the ever rising requirements or else they'll be kicked. Hence learning any mechs, even for the intermediate dungeons, is just a stumbling block that people will rush to ignore and skip over. 

Even if you're in a decent clan, quite often I'd see a prolonged awkward moment of silence when a newbie asks to learn a certain dungeon. Or there'd be a recruit for a dungeon and as soon as someone mention it's their first time, there'd be silence and a moment later the party is full. 

A solution would be to have party bonuses when people run with newbies with lower than 10 clears. Not the single pitiful loot bonus that gets scrabbled by the entire party and bid over like a pack of vultures. But an actual bonus to each individual of the party so that everyone gets something out of taking a newbie along. This bonus could be materials, gold, a stat buff, anything. People would actually have an incentive to bring new players and interact with them. 

9 hours ago, Narcoleptic said:

Somewhat this is a valid point, but at the same time you gotta see this problem through the eyes of the "old players" who may have a limited play time themselves, most of them won't waste more time than needed with dungeouns who offer little to no reward, and personally i prefer not to put the blame on other players, not in this case anyway, maybe they want to run those dungeouns with some friends, maybe they want to run them fast with some high geared guild mates, they have the right to choose and we should not blame them if they choose to have some requirments.

To be perfectly honest, even if we oldies had a lot of time to play, that doesn't mean that time should be spent in a specific way. I for one absolutely love to talk with the peeps in the faction chat. I do my daily train, then I make myself a cup of tea and listen to audio books or some /r/nosleep narrations while chatting with whoever is up for a derpy chat.

5 hours ago, Milennin said:

-Low geared players want to play high level dungeons, but they're not willing to do research, nor to speak up about being new, nor to take advice from high geared players when given. Low geared players don't dare to speak up, because high geared players either ignore them or respond rudely.

-High geared players don't want to play with low geared players, because they can't be bothered teaching new players, putting in extra effort or increasing the risks of failing the dungeon run. High geared players don't respond, because low geared players either ignore advice given to them, or are too slow picking up things.

I've practically given up on teaching people how not to fail. In NS for example, I used to tell people "don't touch the adds" at the granite titan. What happens? Someone attacks and wastes an add. if it's just one, I can deal with it, but more often than not it's more than one. And when this happens I need to literally bring my dps to it's absolute peak so we don't wipe, ending up with 75% damage contribution. Yeah, that's a thing in random lfg). And NS is the most forgiving of the NS-IF-EL trio. If people can't refrain from messing a mechanic which requires them to literally do nothing, I don't know if they even have what it takes to tackle with the harder dungeons. No wonder nobody wants to take lowbies, when the chance of getting someone like the folk I described above, is probably 50%+ due to the event.

Well one thing i forgott to mention.

NC-Soft introduced a questline where you have to do EC, DT, NF, 16th Floor of Mushins tower and NS up to HH where you get some jewels to upgrade your legendary Acessouirs.

You get that quest when you reach 55 when i remeber correctly.

So everyone who just finish the storyquest want to do this quest. With this quest NC-Soft forces people to do this dungeons.

Witht the current patch, where they nerfed gold to nearly nothing (for Example NF gave 5 or 7 gold and now only gives 1.5 gold without premium) they also force low geared players to the high end dungeons. Where should they get their gold from? The als wont get unbound materials to trade from theese dungeons anymore.

Even they get a good amount of bound materials for upgrading their stuff, gold is a common problem now.

So what do you expect when NC-Soft screew up everything?

They want to make new dungoens more attractive and nerf old content to the ground which is a problem for new and low geared players. When NC-Soft would be smart they would have introduced some kind of gearscore.

When your gearscrore is below a specific number you get normal Gold and materials from old dungeons, when your gear exceed a specific point where you can do the higher tier dungeons, you will get limited gold and mats from old dungeons.

So new and low geared players would be able to farm in their dungeons while high gear players are forced to do the top tier dungeons.

You also could use this for 6vs6 to make some more even groups and not ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ like 4 low +2 hi geard versus 6 high geared.

They also could inroduce some kind of reward for high geared players who "teach" new players in higher dungeons for example IF, EL, SM where you dont need that high dps.

Where is the problem? There is no problem except you need some coding, but ok for a Dev-Team that needed 6 years just to figure out a workaround for the "stuck in combatmode" bug, this is a unsolvable problem...

There are so many things NC Soft could do but all they think about is how to get your money with the next trove / rng event. Everything else they dont give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ as you can see here in the forums. The whole community is on a rampage and non of our so called communitymanager even bother to give a statement, they simply dont care.

1 hour ago, Statler said:

There are so many things NC Soft could do but all they think about is how to get your money with the next trove / rng event. Everything else they dont give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ as you can see here in the forums. The whole community is on a rampage and non of our so called communitymanager even bother to give a statement, they simply dont care.

why would they care? Doesn't matter much how people complain, cause the majority of the players throw buckets of money at them during trove/rng events. And that's all that matters. If the whales threaten to seal their hongmoon wallet unless the devs fix things nothing will change. But that won't happen thus nothing will change.

1 hour ago, Statler said:

Witht the current patch, where they nerfed gold to nearly nothing (for Example NF gave 5 or 7 gold and now only gives 1.5 gold without premium) they also force low geared players to the high end dungeons. Where should they get their gold from? The als wont get unbound materials to trade from theese dungeons anymore

The problem is they ran out of ideas for mats to create so now you have a wide content (seraph9-aransu9) that use the similar mats or mats that's the precursor of the other (looking at transformation stones and premium transformation stones). They don't wanna make the mats easily accessible through farming gold or crafting so the older players (who account to the majority of the player base) reach end game too fast and become bored, unless they whale it out. So the newer players get the brunt of it. We didn't have this problem back in the early days of BnS. Cause every new region/area require a new set of mats. so people could catch up to newer contents without breaking the economy. And the older players wouldn't reach end game easily and had to slowly craft and farm the mats so the gear-gap wasn't that big, so less toxic mentality. But since NCsoft is trying make us catch up to KR patch. >_> this means GG.

Like how almost the entire soul energy tree is using the same base mats (sacred oil) with minimal changes (aransu orb vs blood pearl). Newer player will take forever to reach true cosmic/transcendence soul. Cause the sacred oil will always be in high demand, how can they gear up with less gold, pay for both gear and oil? NCsoft need to think this through. Don't tell me events, if they have trouble gearing 1 character how are they suppose to gear 10 characters that's capable of doing high lvl dungeons like NS, IF, EL. Clannies may carry one or 2 characters but no one is gonna help you with all 10. NCwest has to realize, not all older players stay forever. Newer games come out, Life happens. A good way to keep the game alive is by roping in newer players. AND make it attractive to them to gear and play. If they encounter an entire grind wall in the first 4 days. no one, no one, is gonna stay.

Although BnS CN is completely P2W. They make an effort in roping newer players by creating a separate event page for newbies. Where they can redeem/claim mats with the click of a button after reaching a certain milestone( like lvl 10, 20 , 30 , and so on, or clearing lower lvl dungeons once or x times). Mats that are actually useful for progress. This way they avoided old and active players from abusing the event.  And then there's a separate event page for old-especially-returning players. So NCsoft, if you are reading this, you can't just close off your mind and only think about the (whale) players that's playing right now. This isn't a marriage, players are bound to leave one day. 

While the toxic player base is a problem I'd say the real problem is the ever increasing AP, since every time the dev's boost AP to help the new players it also boosts the old players the problem doesn't actually get fixed when everyone was asking for 900ap the dev's released a patch that made it fairly easy to get to 900ap but then all the old players started asking for 1k for the same dungeons that they only asked 900ap the day before. Now I see people asking for 1.1k ap for dungeons that don't even need 900ap to complete if you know the mech. Ironically now I actually see players 1.1kap who don't actually know the mechs to some of the lower dungeons since why learn when you can just ignore it thanks to your 300k dps.

Just this morning I saw a HM15 kungfu master get pissed at a newbie kungfu master while running DT for using the BB to soon and at the wrong times. Now instead of trying to explain or actually help them they just started to verbally attack them until they left the dungeon in the middle of the second boss. So instead of being helpful and teaching them a little so it doesn't happen again they drove them off then complained about how stupid he was and how he should uninstall since he's such an idiot. 

Meh.  These are the same old issues that most if not all MMORPGs face.  And the bottom line is, that no matter what, there is some pain involved.  It's unavoidable because newbies are learning new content.  Content that they may be geared for but no familiar with.  There will be a learning curve period, but after that, today's dungeon issues will be all but forgotten until the next time.  And there will be a next time.

So, newbies and vets, need to grin and bear it.  It is a process.  It will get better.  There is no excuse for toxic behavior no matter the scenario, but that is an issue that, again, is found broadly across the interwaves.

5 minutes ago, Yolie said:

So, newbies and vets, need to grin and bear it.  It is a process.  It will get better.  There is no excuse for toxic behavior no matter the scenario, but that is an issue that, again, is found broadly across the interwaves.

We have been grinning and bearing it since the khanda vihar patch came around. How about we stop bearing it and they start updating the game in patches that actually make sense? How about that for a change?

I've been here since launch.  And while we have been on a roller coaster and I don't see anything inherently awful right now.  In fact, if you consider where we were at launch and where the game is now, the game has improved a great deal.

Same old, same old on the forums.

It was "improved" before 9th of May. Now it is a giant turd. 90% of people's alts are locked out of the gold sources, newbies are locked out of gold sources... make your own conclusions about what that means for people's progress. 

The community always ends up having to adjust and adapt to their bad changes, changes that are anti player oriented. Nothing inherently awful you say? Start a new alt which you don't support with your main and see where you'll get stuck and how long it'll take you to get in the brunt of things. Right now it'll take you four times as long as it would before the last patch. Unless of course you join a clan and shamelessly get carried for a couple of months on everything up to SSM included. Good luck.

7 minutes ago, LadyBlackFyre said:

Just this morning I saw a HM15 kungfu master get pissed at a newbie kungfu master while running DT for using the BB to soon and at the wrong times. Now instead of trying to explain or actually help them they just started to verbally attack them until they left the dungeon in the middle of the second boss. So instead of being helpful and teaching them a little so it doesn't happen again they drove them off then complained about how stupid he was and how he should uninstall since he's such an idiot. 

It's like as if some people in this community expect you to miraculously have both AP + experience instantaneously straight out of the story.

Because of these egregious behaviors, it's no wonder why newer groups think it's mandatory to wear Destiny + Zakhan.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb 898005_1452550635:

Although BnS CN is completely P2W. They make an effort in roping newer players by creating a separate event page for newbies. Where they can redeem/claim mats with the click of a button after reaching a certain milestone( like lvl 10, 20 , 30 , and so on, or clearing lower lvl dungeons once or x times). Mats that are actually useful for progress. This way they avoided old and active players from abusing the event.  And then there's a separate event page for old-especially-returning players. So NCsoft, if you are reading this, you can't just close off your mind and only think about the (whale) players that's playing right now. This isn't a marriage, players are bound to leave one day. 

They could also add a Gearscore. When you are below a specific score you will get normal Gold / Mats from lower Dungeons like you did befor this patch. When your gear is to high and therefor your Gearscore you wont get anny advantag of running old content but from the higher Dungeons. 

This would also help in 6 vs. 6 to equalise groups, so you dont have 8 high geared, 4 low geared grouped to 2high/ 4 low vs 6 high geared player. 

But thats to much to expect from a dev-team and coder wh need 6 years to find a simple workaorund for the "stuck in combat mode" bug by allowing players to use portals while in fight.

This could be one solutuion so new and low geared player could still get some gold and progress while old and highgeared players are forced to do the new dungeons what was intended by NCS.

On the other Side, like @MassiveEgo already mentioned:

vor 1 Stunde schrieb MassiveEgo:

Catching up to KR won't mean anything if there are only a hundred people in the game to see it happen.

We have way less time to gear up for new contend since our paches and updates comming fastern and faster to catch up with KR. Since they reduce gold income and unbound mats they make it even harder for us.

No logic in here.

No one expect to get everything presented or for free. But, when we have reduced time to gear up, cause we getting contentupdates faster, we should also have reduced costs or at least farming times.

Archived