Forums

SF reworked: suggestion for badges

N0iz

I am trying to gear up my old SF taking advantage of the current event.

Going frost even it's early (hm8, working on full BT).

Still missing badges, both soul and mystic: do I go Limitless (Alluvion>Sagewood) and Pulse?

My ping is around 120 so I will not be top dps, I know that!

It's just for fun.

Thank you for any help

tip> just leave this class its not worth playing (unless if they remove healing potions and charms like completly but even then it wont make a lot difference since people will start playing more cautios and ask even more ap for dungeons because they are afraid you cant agrue in that )  however if youre serious>  just grab all the badges you can and experiment since it has a lot way to play it.  but right now it feels trash even more trash than ever they only buffed dps but healing got nerfed bad ulti is trash better range but trash would be better if it was like previously would get much greater effect.  and helps low geared players to survive.   

yup limitless is the goal right now, with aransu but pulse works fine since it got a little change as well, giving 10sec of its effect on frost storm after focus chi (i guess)

this previous guy's comment gave me headache, yeah you want to use your head to use your heal, after every ice helix you get 15sec effect (basically down from 3golden dragon which was basically all the time if the fight was going on) to use your +40% health bonus which comes from the hm skill. i mean if someone *** up, getting hit and you are supposed to heal them as fast as possible. but its just small adjustment in your brain, you can get frost storm by every 3-4 sec if you use your stances correctly, the only bad thing about it that it lasts for 15 secs, so for someone who starts the class, using the ability is a little hard, but its managable.

big dps buff, class feels like an actual class, the rmb's aoe feels like magic when clearing trash, elemental stance's rmb hits x2-3 amount of dmg, ice coil is love, its more fun overall. gl

Would Undying be a good combination instead? I mean, Alluvion's effect of 1 chi stack when casting Frost Storm seems alright, but wouldn't the focus recovery from the Blue Moon Soul Badge plus the increased damage for Breeze Kick overall be better... especially since it grants 1 chi stack for Breeze Kick as well?

well breeze kicks damage got buffed indeed but i wouldnt use it instead of limitless. limitless really fits into your frost storm based rotation, and with basic raid gear you dont need to worry about focus problems if your crit is good enough. its animation takes too long and even the increased damage doesnt worth it. not to mention your soulburn rotation, while alluvion's effect fits perfectly into stacking chi and hitting as many frost storms as possible, meanwhile breeze kick feels a little left out and too long to cast.  then you gotta add in that awakened rmb's cast time is much slower now, you only have to hit a couple iron shoulders just to help stacking chi, doing 2F meanwhile really feels missing out.

if you have limitless you can hit iron shoulder pretty much after every 3rd rmb (approx), so most of the time you start with 2 chi stacks already, combining and dancing with elemental stance needs enough keyboard smashing on its own. breeze kicks fine with clearing mobs since it hits 60-80k for me even without bluemoon. but i wouldnt be surprised if people would disable it in the future since the new bracelet is gonna get activated by lightning fist.

#check tonic's new youtube video about the new rotation, you can see how effective it really is.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:28 PM, Inanhesh said:

well breeze kicks damage got buffed indeed but i wouldnt use it instead of limitless. limitless really fits into your frost storm based rotation, and with basic raid gear you dont need to worry about focus problems if your crit is good enough. its animation takes too long and even the increased damage doesnt worth it. not to mention your soulburn rotation, while alluvion's effect fits perfectly into stacking chi and hitting as many frost storms as possible, meanwhile breeze kick feels a little left out and too long to cast.  then you gotta add in that awakened rmb's cast time is much slower now, you only have to hit a couple iron shoulders just to help stacking chi, doing 2F meanwhile really feels missing out.

if you have limitless you can hit iron shoulder pretty much after every 3rd rmb (approx), so most of the time you start with 2 chi stacks already, combining and dancing with elemental stance needs enough keyboard smashing on its own. breeze kicks fine with clearing mobs since it hits 60-80k for me even without bluemoon. but i wouldnt be surprised if people would disable it in the future since the new bracelet is gonna get activated by lightning fist.

#check tonic's new youtube video about the new rotation, you can see how effective it really is.

I watched the vid... though it'd sure be nice for Tonic to mention WHAT the rotation is, which versions of skills they have set up instead of just attacking the boss and showing some gear at the end.

if youve been around the class for a while you can pretty much figure out on your own without the video but seeing makes it pretty obvious. i mean its not some god tier keyboard smashing assassin rotation. hit ice coil to start off with frost storm, then  V Z V and dragonfury.  however he keeps the 2nd frost storm up until he finishes dragonfury to maximize aransu uptime.  it depends on your bracelet as well, for the new bracelet you just smash everything after hitting lightning fist (12seconds bracelet uptime if im not mistaken), using tiger you pretty much do your basic 3 v z v rmb burst combo then sustain with the help of iron shoulder afterwards. you can mess around with versions based on your bracelet and current gear and what suits you best, i mean even the bracelet choice is just 2 style of play.  using x and its crit dmg buff + an extra chi stack, combining your 4sec dragonfury with an iron shoulder (if you use tiger) can pull of 3 frost storms. i usually hit dragonfury with iron shoulder up, using x makes the first frost storm ready in 1 second almost, then the rest is just up to you and your ping pretty much.  

ice coil and new z's cd are both 30 sec, using the new 3 really makes a difference in your dps, as well as howling blast. the rest is just same old rmb f combo.

have fun messing with it, its pretty fun. keep an eye out for that yt channel, i think hes gonna post more about sf as he said.  gL

Archived