why should I pay golds for a time bound item made by pristine astral oils?

schupunk

fleeting astral soul stage 1 to stage 2 needs 5 golds

fleeting astral soul stage 2 to stage 3 needs  how many golds?

fleeting astral soul stage 3 to stage 4 needs how many golds?

fleeting astral soul stage 4 to stage 5 needs how many golds?

fleeting astral soul stage 5 to stage 6 needs how many golds?

why should I pay for a time bound item?

maybe a pet pack is cheaper with a stage 5 soul?

Well if you max it out, you get a permanent soul you can keep using after the event, the ones before that are just basically event tokens. My annoyance is with how they keep involving gold fees, in events, especially events supposedly aimed at helping people gear up, and most especially when they keep reducing gold rewards from content.

Also it's 5 gold for to upgrade to stage two, and three, ten gold to upgrade to stage four, and twenty gold when trying to go from stage six, to max, which is when you only have a chance to succeed, while all the ones before it have a 100% success chance. I don't know the costs to get stages five, or six yet.

10 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

if you max it out,

is this max from stage 6 to the brill fleet astral soul?

11 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

you get a permanent soul

is this either awake HM energy or awake ascend soul?

which one is better?

awake HM energy or awake ascend soul?

is awakened HM energy better?, because who cares about the focus?

24 minutes ago, schupunk said:

which one is better?

1. Yes, you get to purchase a Ascending/Hongmoon energy soul with a Brilliant Fleeting Astral Soul.
2. Yes, it is either Awakenen HM enery/Awaken Ascending Soul.

3. It depends on your class and how fast your fights are, if they are typically long, you'll want to go with Hongmoon Energy, if they are short, then go with Ascending.

4. Not sure if trolling now or not. If you don't care about focus/the benefits of an Awakened Soul then, spend your Fleeting Astral Soul on something else then.

7 minutes ago, schupunk said:

which one is better?

Level it to stage six, then level it once more for max, which gives you the Brilliant Fleeting Astral Soul you can exchange for an Awakened Hongmoon Energy, or Awakened Ascending Soul (you pick), which are the same ones you get from leveling the regular souls you get from the game, so you can continue upgrading those after the event, with regular materials associated with souls. I think most people seem to get the Awakened Ascending Soul, as the cool down is much shorter on the buff, you can look the stats up in the equipment upgrade paths window in-game, or from the event exchange tab in the Dragon Express, and make your own decision.

52 minutes ago, schupunk said:

fleeting astral soul stage 1 to stage 2 needs 5 golds

fleeting astral soul stage 2 to stage 3 needs  how many golds?

fleeting astral soul stage 3 to stage 4 needs how many golds?

fleeting astral soul stage 4 to stage 5 needs how many golds?

fleeting astral soul stage 5 to stage 6 needs how many golds?

why should I pay for a time bound item?

maybe a pet pack is cheaper with a stage 5 soul?

Because by upgrading fleeting souls you can get veriuos rewards, Most people are aiming for Sacred Vials, Which costs 500g+ To buy from market. So upgrading costs are nothing compared how much gold you save. in advance you can also aim for Brilliant soul which gets you a permenant soul that costs insane amount of gold if buying, You get litterally for free compared to how much it costs if you lvled from stage 1.

32 minutes ago, schupunk said:

which one is better?

the long soul is a Burst Soul and a short one is sustain damage.

50 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

My annoyance is with how they keep involving gold fees, in events, especially events

because this is helping.. it saves alot of gold. do some maths, how much you save from Sacred Vials, or Perma soul.. alot of people spend abnormal amounts of gold to get these now from event you have 100% chance to get... so your annoyance is invalid

41 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

because this is helping.. it saves alot of gold. do some maths, how much you save from Sacred Vials, or Perma soul.. alot of people spend abnormal amounts of gold to get these now from event you have 100% chance to get... so your annoyance is invalid

It's an event, we're paying to participate in an EVENT, it's not just some new alternate upgrade path. I've played many online games, and the typical thing for such events is they have some event currency you farm, which you can exchange for items, and that's it, there's no gold fee, or if there is, it's trivial, even to new players, and even if you're exchanging for end-game equipment. B&S is the only game I can think of that keeps putting in these gold fees into events, which especially for newer, and more casual players, can be significant fees. With this event, depending on your luck it will cost some 100-200 gold to upgrade to the max event soul, so you can exchange for the permanent one, if you're making mountains of gold, that's nothing, but especially now that they've significantly reduced the gold earnings of newer, and more casual players, that represents a good sum of gold to spend to them. Then almost all the other event item exchanges use the upgraded event souls, so all those items also cost gold.

Then given the standard trend of giving a better soul, and pet as new acts are released, I wouldn't be surprised if these same souls, or one a stage, or two below it are given out in act nine. Given all that, I would not say my point is in the least bit invalid. It's also cute how you trimmed off "especially events supposedly aimed at helping people gear up, and most especially when they keep reducing gold rewards from content."

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

They just want to be smart and "hey..let's make BOTH event currency and gold sink" at same time.

Gold sinks are needed against the people with lots of gold. During the preview stream for this update they said this event was aimed at the people trying to gear up, to help them get into higher level dungeons, those would NOT be the people sitting on mountains of gold.

In other games, they put in gold sinks aimed at the people with large amounts of gold, by having things like conveniences more targeted to high level, well geared players, and/or high level content, that cost a lot of gold. In this other game I play they will have an event once, or twice a year where they offer various convenience items typically only found in the cash shop, that they'll sell for lots of gold. Then at the same time they hold events aimed at top end players, they'll also have more general events most anyone can participate in.

Also before this patch, my characters would generally make about twenty gold a day, now when doing the same stuff, I'm making less than half of that. Those are the characters this event would be aimed at, yet this event has already resulted in days where I log off with negative gold gains, when really the only gold I spent, was on this event.

Add:

Here are the upgrade costs I know as of now:

Stage 1, to 2, 4 oil, 5 gold.

Stage 2, to 3, 4 oil, 5 gold.

Stage 3, to 4, 9 oil, 10 gold.

Stage 6, to max, 15 oil, 20 gold.

I'm still missing the cost for four to five, and five to six, but for the ones I know, the upgrade with the highest gold, to oil cost, is the last one, stage six to max. That is also the only one that can fail, and as it is only useful to get the permanent soul, generally I'd imagine only those that don't have that soul, or better, would bother with that upgrade. This means generally the ones with the least gold to spend, are the ones that need to spend the most in this event. If this is meant as a gold sink, it's a backwards one.

2 hours ago, Cor said:

wow, people really complaining that an item worth thousands of gold costs a minimal gold fee to get through this event...? I'm speechless.

Think of it this way: NCSoft said, as Why Bother pointed at, that this event was aimed at the people trying to gear up, to help them get into higher level dungeons. Those are the people that would need that soul (higher geared players have their own better ones). At the same time, NCSoft puts event tokens in 3 dungeons that these players will have real trouble to find a party for, and also shorten the enrage timers of 2 of them. The gold income from dc and dailies accesible to these players has been cut to absurd levels, so their gold income is so poor that they are stuck with their current gear. These players will be the ones that end up with less event tokens to attempt to get a permanent soul, for which they will have to spend gold they hardly have for who knows how many fails... knowing rng in this game, and considering the limited amount of event tokens they can get, they might very well end up with nothing. So the whole thing  doesnt really look to me like sincerely intended to help these players to keep up a bit better, but rather like hanging the carrot on a stick in front of the donkey.

Maybe that explains why so many people are frustrated and demotivated.

11 hours ago, Why Bother said:

With this event, depending on your luck it will cost some 100-200 gold to upgrade to the max event soul, so you can exchange for the permanent one

And that permanent Awakened Soul costs 8854.7 Gold  From Stage 1 to Awakened to make and from event you complaining by paying 100-200 Gold? while many people worked their asses off to get that item? Of course they include 3 Dungeons, so they don't give completely for free, you want it, you work for it. Those dungeons are OLD Content. so you put little effort to get a Soul That costs 8854.7 Gold  to buy?. Besides the Soul. All other items in there costs more then half of what they are worth. You don't even need to do 3 dungeons and you still end up with 3 Oils per Character which you save 1425 Gold per Alt, in My Case I get items that are worth 11,400 Gold per 8 alts Doing only Weekly + Daily Challenge + Main 2850 Gold  Doing Weekly Challenge + Daily + Extra 3. which in total gives me 14,250 Gold  Worth of Sacred Vials. You pay barely anything and you receive big help.  how is this not a big help? 

if you're making mountains of gold

You Don't need to make mountains of Gold just to participate in this event and gain everything you need. There are a lot  of ways to make gold, If your going to spend more of your time in forums complaining about invalid things , then there's no one to blame but yourself.

I've played many online games

When you people stop comparing other games to completely other games... if you liked those other games so much, then go back. no one is holding you.

I would not say my point is in the least bit invalid

Your Point is very invalid, I'm surprised how you still don't see it.

7 hours ago, Why Bother said:

my characters would generally make about twenty gold a day

12 Gold a day? by doing what? one dungeon, or couple things and then AFK all day?, Now that explains everything. that Quote proved everything I needed to know, sadly I didn't see it when wrote all of this. :sick::sick:

2 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

12 Gold a day? by doing what? one dungeon, or couple things and then AFK all day?, Now that explains everything. that Quote proved everything I needed to know, sadly I didn't see it when wrote all of this. :sick::sick:

Perhaps he logs in, runs the dungeons he CAN run, then logs off and do other things. 12 gold right now is perfectly understandable. Less too. 

1 hour ago, Rea Shinwa said:

Perhaps he logs in, runs the dungeons he CAN run, then logs off and do other things. 12 gold right now is perfectly understandable. Less too. 

No it's not understandable whatsoever, by all hes complains, seems like he barely spend any time on the game and expect to have all goodies with no effort whatsoever. 12 Gold a day is very unrelistic, Unless you login do dungeons from Blackrams and up and by the time day ends you have 12 gold, then I understand.  now NCsoft nerfed dungeons that are old content, and you don't need any skill to do them, encouraging people to join newer content, more people joins newer content the more people you will have at your own gear who will want to do that too. so you will have a higher chance to find people at your own gear to run these dungeons with.

31 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

No it's not understandable whatsoever, by all hes complains, seems like he barely spend any time on the game and expect to have all goodies with no effort whatsoever. 12 Gold a day is very unrelistic, Unless you login do dungeons from Blackrams and up and by the time day ends you have 12 gold, then I understand.  now NCsoft nerfed dungeons that are old content, and you don't need any skill to do them, encouraging people to join newer content, more people joins newer content the more people you will have at your own gear who will want to do that too. so you will have a higher chance to find people at your own gear to run these dungeons with.

NS - 4.50
NF - 1.50
DT - 1.50
EC - 1.50
SL - 0.8
below - 0.15-0.5 silv

EC- NS is 9g
Add in all the dungeons below that, you look at 3g

Im excluding yunsang because that's more of an experience thing rather than a level.
But these are the dungeons most balefuls are semi-accepted in. Though recently, im seeing em kicked super often.

weeklies, you get about 30g. BT, perhaps 45?
By the end of it all, you look at 160g a week? if you cant find bt, thats still 110g.
I think its actually reasonable for this event. Now what i DONT think is reasonable is that it's gonna be the ones who are higher up that will truly benefit from this event, but theres nothing you can do about that stuff.
However, point is, 12g a day is, yes, normal for a baleful NON-PREMIUM member. Go back and look at all the dungeons, i was shocked to see how low they are

31 minutes ago, Laura099 said:

However, point is, 12g a day is, yes, normal for a baleful NON-PREMIUM member. Go back and look at all the dungeons, i was shocked to see how low they are

On top of that, what hurts even more is the removal of tradable materials and material boxes from all lower dungeons. Basically, the 12g you get a day is ALL you get. Back when the rest of us were gearing even if we couldn't do the end game dungeons, we could farm the lower ones for tradable materials to get at least *some* gold and we would always get gold from boss drop bids. Now that isn't possible as both tradable materials and boss drops are gone. Grinding even a one premium transformation stone if you can't do DD/RT/ST to profit off of silver scale bids is just not happening for players in a reasonable time.

If I were to start from a scratch now, I'd probably feel really discouraged to even try to catch up in gear with how unrewarding doing the dungeons are and with how impossible it is to make gold without gear. It needs to be fixed asap, as you cannot just funnel everyone into doing yunsang 24/7 to get even some meaningful amount of gold per day.

1 minute ago, MrBubbles said:

On top of that, what hurts even more is the removal of tradable materials from all lower dungeons. Basically, the 12g you get a day is ALL you get. Back when the rest of us were gearing even if we couldn't do the end game dungeons, we could farm the lower ones for tradable materials to get at least *some* gold. Now that isn't possible. Grinding even a one premium transformation stone if you can't do DD/RT/ST to profit off of silver scale bids is just not happening for players in a reasonable time.

If I were to start from a scratch now, I'd probably feel really discouraged to even try to catch up in gear with how unrewarding doing the dungeons are. It needs to be fixed asap.

Right. Honestly I'm discourage to even gear up my summoner, who is already raven 6. Just getting to VT from BT is expensive as hell, i can only imagine baleful to TT. I initially planned to go stormdragon on my main and swap over to aransu immediately, but the sudden increase of blood pearls threw that off. Now that they're starting to settle, they too, alongside scales, seem to have a somewhat lower drop rate.
And these are....3? of the 7 dungeons where you can get tradeable mats. Pretty sure NF down dont give them anymore, unsure about NS.

6 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

<stuff>

A lot of what you're griping about comes off as sentiment of an elitist vet, that doesn't like how they're trying to help newer, and more casual players, who sits on their high horse, looking down on the lowly peasant new/casual players, and is disgusted that they don't praise heaven for everything that is done for them, even if it doesn't work well. This again is an event, and a big issue in this game, especially as of late, is there's a gap between where players are after doing the story content, and where they want players to be, with increasingly less that such players can do to bridge that gap. This item is suppose to help bridge that gap, but with how they're handling it, plus how vets like you react towards it, and the people that need it, it's not going to work out as well as it could, or should.

Also like so many, you act like people want things handed to them for nothing, which is completely untrue. I, like surely most people want things I CAN do to advance my chars, but with things like all the nerfs they keep doing to the content I can do, while insisting that I supposedly do things I wouldn't really get parties for, what I can do to progress my characters is getting less. I could keep bashing my head against the wall trying to get into teams past Naryu Sanctum, but usually even if I meet the indicated requirements, I'd be kicked for not meeting their unstated requirements, if through whatever means I get/make a team, people expect everyone to know what they're doing, then bail after the first mistake. I have not even once done a six person dungeon past Naryu Sanctum, and not once have I done Skybreak Spire, or Temple of Eluvium. I've tried my best to make do, with what I can do, but that's getting to wear rather thin, and people like you do not help the situation for anyone, or this game, you are instead an example of why some people quit.

When you people stop comparing other games to completely other games... if you liked those other games so much, then go back. no one is holding you.

Ah, the common go to "argument" of people like yourself. Unless you want the game shut down, you should never tell people this, as in time, enough will quit because they didn't like something, which will then be followed by the game shutting down. People complain, as they want to see improvements, if they keep getting ignored, and worse, mocked by people like yourself, then quitting is exactly what they'll do.

I've played since the first beta test, but I play casually. Also I didn't say I'm making 12 gold now, I said before this patch my chars made about twenty gold a day, each by the way, but now tend to make less than half that, meaning it's more around eight gold. I, like Rea Shinwa said, run the dungeons I can do, and have time to do, but they gimped the rewards so much, that I make far less now, and I've even stopped doing some daily, as they offer so little now.

People with lots of gold view some 100-200 gold, as nothing, those with far less, view it as a good sum of coin. This game also heavily favors those at the top end, while is becoming increasingly restrictive towards those not at the top end. You're seeing what you want to see, not what's actually there, which your quote right there proved. Just go ahead, and keep claiming nothing is wrong, while people keep leaving the game. There's been no shortage of complaints about this patch, and about how they handle many events, but if you want to just keep mocking people, and telling them to quit if they don't like something, rather than let them complain in the hopes of improvements, then all you're doing is hastening the demise of the game.

On 12/05/2018 at 8:24 PM, Why Bother said:

A lot of what you're griping about comes off as sentiment of an elitist vet, that doesn't like how they're trying to help newer, and more casual players, who sits on their high horse, looking down on the lowly peasant new/casual players, and is disgusted that they don't praise heaven for everything that is done for them, even if it doesn't work well. This again is an event, and a big issue in this game, especially as of late, is there's a gap between where players are after doing the story content, and where they want players to be, with increasingly less that such players can do to bridge that gap. This item is suppose to help bridge that gap, but with how they're handling it, plus how vets like you react towards it, and the people that need it, it's not going to work out as well as it could, or should.

If that was the truth, I wouldn't be saying " Free Carry 1AP+" when recruiting in any dungeon I go, Or Just LFP. I wouldn't be Asking no Requirements in BT / Weekly Runs. I wouldn't have wasted my time creating a character on NA to help and learn people to clear VT. Which took 2 and a half week to be VT Ready by playing.  nor give away hundreds of gold to random people nor make Giveaways on Discord. So once again your statement is Invalid  

Just because it's an EVENT. it doesn't mean you'll be getting free high tier gear/materials by doing minimal things. For a new player. Gems and other items are also very important. if a New Player is aiming to get a high tier materials. then you work for it.  this event ends next event starts, never ending cycle. Alll events are not the same, Every event we get you earn rewards differently, and all these events helps players advance what ever they choose to a lot cheaper then what they would pay without events. Thanks to these events I leveled my Soul from stage 6 to True Cosmic without spending a single gold buying Oils. Only by doing events.  as for this event you spend completely no Gold of your pocket upgrading souls. You do Weekly challenges which gives enough gold to upgrade to stage 4+ collect Event items till next reset do weekly challenges again and you will have enough to go to stage 6+ and repeat. Use Brains. Hek selling materials you get from weekly box gives you like 70g+40g if you don't want them. which is enough to participate in this event. 

On 12/05/2018 at 8:24 PM, Why Bother said:

People with lots of gold view some 100-200 gold, as nothing

Making 100-200Gold+ in one day is Quite Easy you can do it even with 800+ AP. and I can prove you by streaming it if you pay me for wasting my precious time proving it to you. Making Gold By Doing "Daily Dungeons" is the slowest way to make Gold in Game, which I never do Daily Quest with motivation just to make gold. there are so many other ways to make gold and accessible by lower APs, and if you don't have "all day to play" then there are a lot of other ways to make gold by having more then one alt. which most people do, having a lot of alts is a must to easy and fast gold. A Lot of players have levelled 4 or 6 or even 8+ alts just for events. because you save abnormal amount of gold by participating in events with all of them. and also gain gold and materials on the way. you might not feel as big by doing only 1 character.

As for Daily Challenge Boxes. NCSOFT should have kept those gold in with Even lower chance to obtain them, people minds would have been at peace then. I mean those golds were already almost non existant. and people kept complaining how they don't get gold by opening hundreds and hundreds boxes at once and gain not a single 100Gold.  Now they Removed boxes, and Now People complain about that too..... Sometimes I think people complain just to complain. 

Removing gold from Low Level "Content" dungeons was intention to make people join new content. and not be stuck in old content.  you don't need 1.1k or whatever AP to join these dungeons. There are Plenty of Discord who are aiming to help players , find parties easier, Find your own gear players to play with and so on. if a player is just going to wait till a miracle happen without doing anything on it's own. then sorry that's not how it works in game nor it works like this in real life. the problem in this community is that player levels a character up and he/she already wants to go to end game dungeons and play it. and once they find they can't they complain in forums how unfair it is.... instead of focusing and doing on what they can do...

21 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

If that was the truth, I wouldn't be saying " Free Carry 1AP+" when recruiting in any dungeon I go, Or Just LFP. I wouldn't be Asking no Requirements in BT / Weekly Runs. I wouldn't have wasted my time creating a character on NA to help and learn people to clear VT. Which took 2 and a half week to be VT Ready by playing.  nor give away hundreds of gold to random people nor make Giveaways on Discord. So once again your statement is Invalid  

Just because it's an EVENT. it doesn't mean you'll be getting free high tier gear/materials by doing minimal things. ....

This stuff is not high tier, just look at the upgrade path for souls, there's I believe 32 upgrade stages, the permanent soul from this event is at the eleventh stage. If we were to equate souls, to the available weapons, that soul would be a stage 10 Baleful, or a stage one Raven, just go around, and tell people how those weapons are top tier, and see how many agree with you.

Also it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what the event is providing, it's still an event. B&S is the only online game I've played that fairly routinely charges gold fees of any consequence, or usually at all, to participate in events, in any other, you just do the task, and that's it, with it being quite rare for a gold fee of any significance to be involved. Stop trying to normalize this abnormal practice within B&S, as if it was justified, and fair, especially towards the lower geared, and newer players events like this are supposedly aimed at, when at the same time NCSoft can be penalizing such players.

Take Continent of the Ninth (C9) as an example, a ways back they released a new zone, with new dungeons, not long after the release, to help people do them they held an event where characters above a certain level could get an event currency, which they could then trade in for literal top end weapons made to fight the mobs of that region. Do you know what the super hard activity you had to do with those characters was, from what I remember, it was logging in, and talking to a NPC in town, that's it, and there was no gold fees. Before that C9 introduced a new system where it would reward playing the game content, by providing a special currency, you could then use that currency in a special shop to get top of the line, best of the best equipment (they keep adjusting the contents of the shop, removing old stuff, and putting in new things), and other things, no gold fees are involved. One event they had after that was introduced provided large sums of the currency for again doing the super difficult task of logging characters in, and talking to a NPC, with a higher grade reward available to high level characters. Leap events, where you get to start a character at a higher level aren't too uncommon in games, even B&S has had them, and it's not uncommon in them where you can get very good equipment, with the possibility for actual top tier equipment if you were to level up to a certain level, within a certain period of time. This is what events in games are normally like, you do that activity, no matter what that activity is, and that's it.

Furthermore, B&S is also being irregular by so routinely providing these important items through events. Normally events provide things like cosmetics, buffs, bonus items, and other such things, not equipment, or materials to make equipment. B&S is doing the odd thing of making events a critical part of progression, rather than being, events. Due to the temporary nature of events, I'd much rather they do what most other games do if they see a need for something by their players, adjust the normal in-game way of getting those things, or other such things, with events that provide stuff only being a temporary fix to help get the ball rolling, or the like. NCSoft is being abnormal in how they treat events in B&S, again, stop trying to normalize it, you look like some Stockholm syndrome sufferer sympathizing with their abuser, rather than the saint you're trying to paint yourself as.

21 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Making 100-200Gold+ in one day is Quite Easy you can do it even with 800+ AP. ...

You seem to be a minority with that opinion, on these forums at least. There's been plenty of threads complaining about how getting gold, and items is so much harder, how bad this patch made things for new players especially, and so forth. You're again coming off as someone suffering from Stockholm syndrome, who is sympathizing with their abuser, and would rather insult the victims, than cast blame on NCSoft. If you figure it's just so easy to make mountains of gold, and you're the B&S saint you claim to be, then make a thread, and/or YouTube video outlining these amazing methods of yours.

Jesus christ, you're saying so much SayhaSeer but nothing of substance. If its so easy to make 200 gold a day with 800 ap, why wont you tell us how? Last week i've been doing nothing but farming ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ peaches and worldboss essences in addition to running whatever dailies i could (Koldrak, Brawl in the Basin, Cold Storage/Heavens mandate/Tower of Infinity), Daily income: 20-50 gold at best, heavily depending on wheter i got lucky with farming the right essences and was able to sell them and thats nolifing it, playing 8+ hours a day.

That income about matches my gear upgrade fee expenses also... sometimes i have a +5 gold at the end of the day, sometimes a -5 gold. I dont buy stuff off the market.

How the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ am i supposed to do the weekly when i dont even get a group for Naryu Sanctum and Ebondrake Lair with the 900 ap i got?

Archived