Some Questions from a new player

Dismal

Hello Blade and soul community. 

Im new on blade and soul and i don't consider myself a returning player since when the game launch on eu / na i play like a week or 2 and i leave  shortly after cause i was playing another game at the moment and i don't have enough time for blade and soul.

i was giving bns another try out but its a bit overwhelming from a new player stand point what i mean its all i see its ppl asking for ppl full gear and i don't even see enough ppl to get to that point as a new player i mean im right now lvl 24 and i decided to start a new character since i don't remember anything about skills etc  But what i see its that i can't even find a grp after 30 min watiing for Blackram Narrows on the LFP.

So here are some of the questions i would like to ask:

Do you think is easy / friendly to start as a new (solo) player? 

Do you think i would have fun leveling since i can't even know if i would be able to find a grp to do dungeons till high level?

Since i don't know anything about dungeons and such @ high level and theres almost no new ppl would i find  grps to dungeon with  high level?

i don't know what else to ask since my initial plan was to do some arenas 1v1 for fun and a dungeon here and there some hunting and at some extend give a try to world pvp if theres any.

So yeah thank you for reading till here <3

My answer as a 1.5 year player who loves the game.

The game is quite frankly not new player / casual friendly at the moment. It is a RNG heavy Korean MMORPG in its DNA, so you can expect a boatboad of grinding, which then means if you play casually like 1 2 hours per day you will literally never catch up unless you drop some cash to pay for gears.

Moreover, with the recent reductions in lower dungeons' rewards to push players to the latest dungeons, the game has ironically just made progression for new players, which was already hard enough, much harder now. You can read about this on blade & soul subreddit or this forums - just roll back a few pages and you'll see.

It will be very hard for you to progress in a meaningful way if you play solo. To get equipments or to farm effectively, you need a group, a clan to do content with.

You don't have to worry about not finding groups at high contents. Unless if it's too high contents like the latest raid or dungeons. Semi high, semi endgame dungeons then there's no worry since this is where where many active players are at afterall.

As for pre level 55 dungeons, which is blackram narrows (lvl20) naryylu labyrinth (lvl45)... and the likes, nobody does them anymore because they are out of date and have bern phased out by NC. Most players are at lvl 50 & 55 contents. It is always advised that you complete your story all the way through (which shall leave you at lvl 55 hm8) before doing dungeons.

1v1 3v3 are gear equalized and is almost 100% skill based. They have a high learning curve because it takes a fair bit amount of time to master your class, and on top of that is another fair bit learning about what other classes can and cannot do. Equalized pvp of this game, although not very balanced, is very good imo - you need decent ping though, because combos and ccs are executed down to each hit and each half a second. High ping messes up your combo big time. Arena thus isn't popular these days despite being such a good thing because of how ping reliant it is. 

The game doesn't have world pvp because nobody does it anymore. It however has 6v6 mode, which is not gear equalized. In this mode, the rich and powerful usually wins. So it's p2w territory here yeah.

Well, the story is nice imo so you could always stick to it till the end.

The game right now is in a bad state especially for new players but I notice you said you are using lfp at lvl 24, you will never find a group for low level dungeons since there is no need to do those. Everyone just does the story line which gets you all the way to lvl 55 and a few hm levels. Once you reach the end of the current story then that's where the real endgame start, the grind, etc.. How things are right now as much as I like the game itself, I cannot recommend it to anyone, probably the worst state the game has ever been in. Being a solo player also won't get you far. Maybe if you're really interested in playing then either keep checking the forums and updates to see when things start to get better or play without any expectations of achieving anything.

42 minutes ago, sirmaddox said:

Hello, everyone, I am a new player and was wondering if I play for 3 hours a day, how long would it take to finish the story? 

Only doing the main quest without doing any of the side quests for 3 hours a day from lvl 0 it will take you at least a week but probably more depending on how efficient you are and whether you use dragon soup or are a premium user.  Load screen times play a big factor in speedy leveling so it will also depend on your computer.  The story line gives you everything you need to finish to the current chapter but there are other items you will need that are not provided that might slow down your progress (such as the purple quests) if you don't have the gold.  Asking in faction chat for help can get you out of some situations that you can't do yourself but don't expect too much help.  

You play solo, doing the main story, until you're at max. level 55. From there on, it's probably best to look for a clan that's willing to help new players, so they can teach you the dungeons and what items to get in what order.

1 hour ago, sirmaddox said:

Hello, everyone, I am a new player and was wondering if I play for 3 hours a day, how long would it take to finish the story? 

You could probably finish in a week or 2, depending on how fast you go. I remember taking about 1 month, but that was doing every single blue quest on the way as well, and not really at all hurrying to the finish.

Thank you for all the answer guys <3 i have an idea more or less now of what i can expect from the game i was saying that i play solo cause i don't see many clans or grps for low lvl so probably would be a wasted of time to try to get in to a clan since no body does the low level content and are more focused towards the endgame.

But what worries my the most is that on this game i won't have a learning curve where i can see how i can improved while leveling through dungeons or different encounters  since i have to play solo all the way to the endgame and when i get to the endgame i will have to do it on the fly which its in a way not as fun as doing it while leveling imho.

So yeah i will do it that way leveling and see how it goes at max level it seems you can level pretty fast 

3 hours ago, Dismal said:

i was saying that i play solo cause i don't see many clans or grps for low lvl so probably would be a wasted of time to try to get in to a clan since no body does the low level content and are more focused towards the endgame.

But what worries my the most is that on this game i won't have a learning curve where i can see how i can improved while leveling through dungeons or different encounters  since i have to play solo all the way to the endgame and when i get to the endgame i will have to do it on the fly which its in a way not as fun as doing it while leveling imho.

Just continue checking the chat for clan recruitments, there are usually a few clans that recruit with no level/ap requirement or something along the lines of newbie or beginner friendly that will accept you.

The reason why many don't allow those below 55 to join their clan is that a lot of those people tend to be alts just wanting clan benefits and not contributing to the clan, new players that end up not liking their class and decide to pick something else or they end up seeing that the game isn't for them and decide to quit. Since the clan leader can't see who is active and who is not it becomes a hassle to kick them.

I can understand where you're coming from but that's why it's helpful to have a clan and run dungeons with them because they won't expect you to be an expert or rage at you for messing up mechanics. I highly recommend you use the hongmoon training room though and learn your class, rotations, iframes, etc.. Look up guides on whatever class you're playing. Also recommend looking up guides and videos on a dungeon before running it for the first time so you know what to expect.

Basically, everything pre-endgame is more like an introduction, you don't have to worry about anything apart from the quests. After you've done all, then it is time to learn stuff like skills, items, contents etc....
In other words, Everything you do before you finish the quest, consider it as a single player offline game where you can enjoy the storyline and see how your character improves while you level up. For the end game part, this is where a general styled online game really starts, the main reason why I still like this game over all other MMOs is that of its combat system, the way how controls work and how the spells are being dodged is in a completely different dimension compared to other games, in this type of controls, players tend to turn their screens way faster, and move more accurately in response to different situations. I have never seen any identical game like BNS where the resist and block spells are designed to work like this, the combat seems more fluent, and boss attack zones are simple but not tedious. Group work iframe timings, buffing utilities, and tanking mechanics....... I don't care what others say about this, I like this game and I'm enjoying it, so I play it. Although you need to spend some cash in order to at least participate some high-end content, I will definitely do so wiith no doubt, they are interesting and challenging, spending money and get some fun things to do, why not?

2 hours ago, Nala said:

I can understand where you're coming from but that's why it's helpful to have a clan and run dungeons with them because they won't expect you to be an expert or rage at you for messing up mechanics. I highly recommend you use the hongmoon training room though and learn your class, rotations, iframes, etc.. Look up guides on whatever class you're playing. Also recommend looking up guides and videos on a dungeon before running it for the first time so you know what to expect.

Yeah i always check videos, guides , tips , tricks ,etc for it but imo its no the same ' i have to feel it ' what i mean its i can watch a ton of videos or guides strats but i don't know if i can do it until i try it out for myself imo its not the same and i won't get it as fast if i won't do it myself than if someone else describes it how to do it i don't know why but it will always feel it that way smoother to learn and less annoying :(

2 hours ago, The Hepta K said:

Basically, everything pre-endgame is more like an introduction, you don't have to worry about anything apart from the quests. After you've done all, then it is time to learn stuff like skills, items, contents etc....
In other words, Everything you do before you finish the quest, consider it as a single player offline game where you can enjoy the storyline and see how your character improves while you level up. For the end game part, this is where a general styled online game really starts, the main reason why I still like this game over all other MMOs is that of its combat system, the way how controls work and how the spells are being dodged is in a completely different dimension compared to other games, in this type of controls, players tend to turn their screens way faster, and move more accurately in response to different situations. I have never seen any identical game like BNS where the resist and block spells are designed to work like this, the combat seems more fluent, and boss attack zones are simple but not tedious. Group work iframe timings, buffing utilities, and tanking mechanics....... I don't care what others say about this, I like this game and I'm enjoying it, so I play it. Although you need to spend some cash in order to at least participate some high-end content, I will definitely do so wiith no doubt, they are interesting and challenging, spending money and get some fun things to do, why not?

Yeah thats why i say that i won't have that learning curve if you just start to do dungeons at max level there its a ton of things you have to figured out on a mmo that no guide can tell you , and its your own unique playstyle that every player has. even when someone tell you , that you are doing it wrong its not that you are doing it wrong its just how you do it cause its the way you like to do it and its that same way that you have fun playing the game with even if you later on figured out that if you do it to some other whatever way would be better or can improved your gameplay aka dps.

Archived