When are we expecting UE4?

Moy

I hope they implement it soon so potato players are forced to upgrade their pcs to enjoy this game :P It is time to increase the minimum requirements for games in general so ppl dont sit on old ass hardware. If they have the money to whale or buy a freaking iphone x then they might as well spent their money more wisely on a more useful system instead of a phone that is almost the same every damn year

18 hours ago, shujin51 said:

I hope they implement it soon so potato players are forced to upgrade their pcs to enjoy this game :P It is time to increase the minimum requirements for games in general so ppl dont sit on old ass hardware. If they have the money to whale or buy a freaking iphone x then they might as well spent their money more wisely on a more useful system instead of a phone that is almost the same every damn year

haha, true dat!

49 minutes ago, The Hepta K said:

From that article,

" As with many aspects of Blade & Soul, your feedback is critical to the discussions we hold, and greatly influence the decisions we make to create a more enjoyable game for everyone. Thank you for all your feedback and patience as we continue to look into and discuss other challenges, such as the 6v6 issues, and other bugs that get in the way of your Blade & Soul experience."

What a freaking joke. That is hilarious. Every single patch for the past 6 months has done nothing but ignore player feedback. Like the video I posted in the other thread, "We heard your complaints but we will choose whats best for the game" not what's best for the player. 

25 minutes ago, JIFSTER said:

Every single patch for the past 6 months has done nothing but ignore player feedback

hmmm, only people who are not satisfied with the change will give feedbacks, not as many people will say a word when they are satisfied. Therefore, we are only hearing the disappointment from minor people. If this is the case, and NC do what those minor people say, the majority of the players will not benefit from the change. We understand people complain about whales or such, but they are the ones who really make the company running and profitable to give their employees salary and hence the employees will try update the game or even respond to your feedback. In order to keep the game alive, the game must keep adding contents and increase the weapon upgrade path so the whales will have something to do and keep playing to keep the whole game alive. For all games, if the company only focus on the low geared/f2p people, they will never have enough income to keep the game alive since those p2w people will have nothing to play for or focus on and they will leave. Without them, are you willing to donate NC free money just to give them funds to support f2p style? obviously not. It is not easy to run anything without money atm.

For current event, they are giving you free legendary souls, and that worth far far far more gold than the gold you lose from daillies. upgrading your soul to that level costs you at least 5k gold!! Be satisfied with what you have now instead of complaining about the minor disadvantages.

36 minutes ago, Inundated said:

Wow it's like you want to play at 30fps forever.

I play at 60 FPS with the exception of the drop outs caused by the UI, which are solvable by turning off quest tracking.

I simply have no desire to see my current characters ruined by a "graphical update", as they were when Aion did the same thing. NCSoft only gave out 1 free voucher per account to fix characters, and they'll do the same here, forcing you to pay to fix the rest.

Besides, whether or not the implementation of a new engine will actually fix anything is only speculation at this point. Knowing NCSoft and how inept they are, it will make things worse.

8 minutes ago, The Hepta K said:

In order to keep the game alive, the game must keep adding contents and increase the weapon upgrade path so the whales will have something to do and keep playing to keep the whole game alive.

There is so much data out there regarding other games that proves that this is not true and simply an assumption. If you increase the amount of players then profits increase. They aren't making changes to increase more players they are making changes that negatively impact new players (and current players) and focus on the small percentage that Pay out of pocket.

If the amount of players increase then that changes the value of gold and materials. More players -> more materials-> less rarity of those materials--> lower cost. Basic supply and demand 101.   They are going in the complete opposite direction, Less materials--> higher cost --> players hit a wall --> player quits or pulls out their credit card --> player base diminishes. 

14 minutes ago, The Hepta K said:

For current event, they are giving you free legendary souls, and that worth far far far more gold than the gold you lose from daillies. upgrading your soul to that level costs you at least 5k gold!! Be satisfied with what you have now instead of complaining about the minor disadvantages.

I dont want gear given to me because of a mistake on their part. They are giving us souls because that is easier than to fix the entire economy, it's a simple bandaid. 

What's next? A free maxed out Pet during the next patch? Then what? A free Aransu stage 1 for buying a new bundle? 

1 minute ago, JIFSTER said:

If you increase the amount of players then profits increase

Well, let's make a calculation. If 10 big whales (of course there are more, but I think 10 will be enough to count this) are willing to pay $10k each to max their gear, that is $100k profit right there. Similarly, if by focusing on f2p and we have 1k new players joining the game, they have to spend $100 each to get this much profit. keep in mind now, only a small portion of these 1k new players are willing to spend at least a dollar, and since the content of whale is removed, so no more whales will appear in these new 1k players, at the same time that 10 big whales will leave the game, if you want more, apart from that 10 big whales, we have medium whales, or even titanic whales, now this makes a difference.

4 minutes ago, The Hepta K said:

Well, let's make a calculation. If 10 big whales (of course there are more, but I think 10 will be enough to count this) are willing to pay $10k each to max their gear, that is $100k profit right there. Similarly, if by focusing on f2p and we have 1k new players joining the game, they have to spend $100 each to get this much profit. keep in mind now, only a small portion of these 1k new players are willing to spend at least a dollar, and since the content of whale is removed, so no more whales will appear in these new 1k players, at the same time that 10 big whales will leave the game, if you want more, apart from that 10 big whales, we have medium whales, or even titanic whales, now this makes a difference.

If the game dies from everyone quitting then their profits stop entirely. They need to find a balance where they keep the whales happy and the rest happy. But I do see your point, thank you for writing that up. 

20 minutes ago, JIFSTER said:

If the game dies from everyone quitting then their profits stop entirely. They need to find a balance where they keep the whales happy and the rest happy. But I do see your point, thank you for writing that up. 

Agreed, a balance is what they really need. But all we need to do now is encouraging them in researching for that point, we all know this is not easy, instead of keep barraging them about those decisions.

On 5/15/2018 at 11:24 PM, shujin51 said:

Oh, yes, absolutely! A 2012 game that's graphically worse than games made in 2006 and needs a PC from 2017+ to run semi okay, totally needs higher system requirements. Do you actually think they'll be making the game better when it comes to graphics? What we see in the demo they provided is basically a better HDR and nothing else. That will rise the GPU requirements by a little. If they actually manage to make the game perform so badly that it needs a next gen CPU to run with 60 fps in a 12 man raid, that would be the failure of the year for sure.

4 hours ago, Souba said:

I play at 60 FPS with the exception of the drop outs caused by the UI, which are solvable by turning off quest tracking.

I simply have no desire to see my current characters ruined by a "graphical update", as they were when Aion did the same thing. NCSoft only gave out 1 free voucher per account to fix characters, and they'll do the same here, forcing you to pay to fix the rest.

Besides, whether or not the implementation of a new engine will actually fix anything is only speculation at this point. Knowing NCSoft and how inept they are, it will make things worse.

To be fair them porting the game to UE4 isn't a "grapical update" like they did with Aion by tweaking a few things and enabling a few others, this is basically a core engine overhaul of the game itself. That's extremely significant since UE4 can actually perform far better over UE3 in terms of actual FPS and performance not just graphics and it's not an easy job either since your replacing the actual heart of the game engine to do this.

1 hour ago, Raiya said:

To be fair them porting the game to UE4 isn't a "grapical update" like they did with Aion by tweaking a few things and enabling a few others, this is basically a core engine overhaul of the game itself. That's extremely significant since UE4 can actually perform far better over UE3 in terms of actual FPS and performance not just graphics and it's not an easy job either since your replacing the actual heart of the game engine to do this.

All the more reason to be disturbed about it happening then, as far as I'm concerned.

Archived