SF changes

Granger

Imma just ignore the nerfs, but still, what even did SF do to deserve it?

>Skills swapping places.

I... Err, what? Why?

>Chi Burst and Ressurection Chi as mainskills on elemental stance, replacing the skills that were there previously.

Sorry what?

>Chi Burst not available in Kung Fu mode

What?

>Self Defense Chi not available in Elemental

Why?

>Stance shift cooldown.

Yes thanks, finally. Much needed.

>Iron shoulder cooldown reduction.

Yes, now i wont need half a minute to get to chi 5 in earth to stack golden dragon... which meant its pretty much impossible unless you had some special gear. (Or used displace as meele guy because you definitively want them away from you..)

All in all, we're getting a collection of "what why? Thats dumb.", nerfs and then 2 small gold grains that were actually pretty much needed for the class to work on its own without cooldown reduction gear.

Lets sum it up as "what the hell were you thinking?", those changes mean you'll have to stance shift like stupid now to function, but at least the cooldown is almost nil... 

Honestly a lot of this feels like they just want us to spam Chi Burst and do Ressurection Chi if needed, and not do much else why else would those two replace elemental stances toolset otherwise? Which would be fine if this class actually was one focused around supporting others. It isnt, its was a okay dps before and now its just...

You realize this is actually a big buff for us right? They made ranged mode NOT useless, ranged 3 gives a free frost storm / kingfist cast, and gave us ranged modifiers. The chi burst being in ranged mode means absolutely nothing since the cooldown for stance shift is near instant.

On top of that, our dragonfury gives us chi stacks without soulburn.

It is a buff. A big one, if you know how to "dance stance".

BUT, as said : 

3 FM stance = dosen't work as it should (generates 5 chi once, then never again when you use it).

Badge and Bracelet = aren't fixed.

W (immune) = they didn't remove what they were supposed to.

V FM stance = The new V dosen't exist... Just saying. They didn't add it. 

They must fix this.

I understand that rangemode is better now, and the free kingfist on ranged 3 is nice, that you can (and have to) stance swap very frequently now to be effective but i wonder whatever this actually does to improve gameplay? I already had to hammer on my keyboard like nuts before because of animcanceling in earth and now im supposed to do it even more. 

Buff id call debatable, earth skills got whacked and thats what i primarily focused on, suppose i can adapt/swap to ice but i find my dmg to be significantly lower now. Granted Howling blast being not conditional is pretty good, just doesnt seem to make up for it, esp given you could cast it pretty reliably even with its condition thanks of our galores of iframes.

Like i said, why? Instead of moving Chi Burst and Ressurection Chi as main skills onto elemental stance as if they'd be something you'd be casting all the time (really goes primarily for ressurection), why not just improve the effectiveness of the skills they replaced? Like i said, stance shift cooldown is a really needed one and probably would be a great boon once i get used to it but im iffy about some of the other changes which make me ask "just why?". Sure i can shift almost freely now but is shift, that skill, shift good gameplay? 

8 hours ago, Yukyo said:

3 FM stance = dosen't work as it should (generates 5 chi once, then never again when you use it).

dont know what your problem is with Ice Coil it works fine for me 

8 hours ago, Yukyo said:

W (immune) = they didn't remove what they were supposed to.

the icon is there yeah but the skill itself do nothing 

8 hours ago, Yukyo said:

V FM stance = The new V dosen't exist... Just saying. They didn't add it. 

they work just fine for me like Ice Coil (both elements ) 

8 hours ago, Yukyo said:

Badge and Bracelet = aren't fixed.

besides dragon Bracelet (which is bad for ice SF) what Badges aren't fixed ? 

for you Granger

Yes the damage form our skills got nerfed but we now kann use twice as much kingfist/kingstrike than before the patch and in the end it is a buff to our dmg (and we dont need soulburn as much as before). if you find that your damage is lower now try this : use Focus chi when it is off cd , use Ice Coil when it is off cd (and for both if you dont have 4 chi stacks ) try to use Whirlwind/Displace and Howling Blast as often as possible (dont chance stance for WW/DP when you have more than 3 chi stacks) and do anicancel when ever you have time. If you have VT-badge make use of the buff after kingfist/kingstrike i think (can't test it since I don't have the Badge yet). Use the Glory badge from now on (Ancestral when you can fuse one). You have now so much more to take care off to do good dps so take your time and train a little bit in f12. 

I hope this will help you and sorry for my bad english. 

Yeah, i just went to F12 again, and it's ok. Just Bracelet dosen't work.

I thought 3 (FM stance) dosen't stack 5 chi, cause i was doing the combo very fast : tab + 3 + v, so i didn't even notice that my v worked xD 

But C still has his move 2, duno why (thought they'll remove it, right ?).

Also, i am not sure about that V (stance FM), is it actually 1k2% as mentionned ? (the new move they were supposed to add)

I like the new gameplay, it's really funny ^^ And we finnaly get buffed huhuhuhuhuhuhu !

In general this is big buff for SF

I play as ice SF with limitless badge - before path on f12 I do 300k dps on spear general
after patch with the same rotation (ok I add x (howling blast), but general no stance switching) with dragon (with is not working now) do also 305k dps - WITH NO WORKING BRACLET!!!
and when i change to tiger (with is much beter now because if you want beat tiger bonus (+220 multiple by 1,3 from soul shield) with dragon bonus (nerfed to +800 multpile 1,7) you need use your V every 5 rmb - and this is posible only on short fight with sb)

so after change to tiger - 345k dps

so is like 15% more DPS becouse of this patch

There's only 1 change I don't like... and that's Chi Burst not healing properly without using Ice Helix first. This all but breaks the ability for Soul Fighters to be party healers. It's much harder to get a position where you can heal, so you're more often wanting to use it whenever you see Ice Helix pop up instead of Frost Storm.

Heck, all they needed to do was make Ice Helix a skill on a separate button with it's own cooldown that you could see... but even then, Chi Burst has it's own cooldown, so why even bother?

Honestly, I'd say just remove Ice Helix altogether... or at least the requirement for it's Rising Spirit buff for Chi Burst. Or, if they really want it to be a big thing for the character, take the new critical bonus from Chi Burst and put it on Ice Helix instead, then allow Chi Burst to work like it did before. That way, Ice Helix grants the buff and doesn't interfere with Chi Burst (which already relies on 3 stacks of golden dragon).

3 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

Honestly, I'd say just remove Ice Helix altogether...

In general you can turn off your Ice Helix, then nothing use 3 golden dragon and you will be healing like before. After turning off ice helix you lose aboout 7-8% dps in long fight (probably little bit more with SB)

But with some time we probably learn looks on our golden dragon stacks

36 minutes ago, SemajLian said:

In general you can turn off your Ice Helix, then nothing use 3 golden dragon and you will be healing like before. After turning off ice helix you lose aboout 7-8% dps in long fight (probably little bit more with SB)

But with some time we probably learn looks on our golden dragon stacks

From what I can tell, either Frost Storm, Ice Helix or both take your Golden Dragon stacks away, meaning that, not only do you need to get Ice Helix going, but also get 3 stacks of Golden Dragon in order to do proper healing... or play Summoner, who can just heal whenever their cooldown is over.

Using Golden Dragon stacks for something would be fine... just not a skill like Chi Burst that now had 2 requirements attached to them that work against each other.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb SilverFoxR:

There's only 1 change I don't like... and that's Chi Burst not healing properly without using Ice Helix first. This all but breaks the ability for Soul Fighters to be party healers. It's much harder to get a position where you can heal, so you're more often wanting to use it whenever you see Ice Helix pop up instead of Frost Storm.

Heck, all they needed to do was make Ice Helix a skill on a separate button with it's own cooldown that you could see... but even then, Chi Burst has it's own cooldown, so why even bother?

Honestly, I'd say just remove Ice Helix altogether... or at least the requirement for it's Rising Spirit buff for Chi Burst. Or, if they really want it to be a big thing for the character, take the new critical bonus from Chi Burst and put it on Ice Helix instead, then allow Chi Burst to work like it did before. That way, Ice Helix grants the buff and doesn't interfere with Chi Burst (which already relies on 3 stacks of golden dragon).

vor 3 Stunden schrieb SilverFoxR:

From what I can tell, either Frost Storm, Ice Helix or both take your Golden Dragon stacks away, meaning that, not only do you need to get Ice Helix going, but also get 3 stacks of Golden Dragon in order to do proper healing... or play Summoner, who can just heal whenever their cooldown is over.

Using Golden Dragon stacks for something would be fine... just not a skill like Chi Burst that now had 2 requirements attached to them that work against each other.

That's exactly my opinion .__. the healing requirements are just...meh :/

and btw @SemajLian you can't just do this, because to get the burst heal you don't need 3 golden dragon stacks anymore. The Ice Helix triggers an effect for 15 seconds, which is the new requirement for the 40% instant heal :/

I actually think the stance changes make a lot of sense, it takes a bit of preplanning to trigger HM heal but other than that, having heal on ele stance makes sense, iframe on kfm stance makes sense. Idk, I love stance dancing now so I think it made everything a lot more fun. 

Ugh, so much complaining over the sf.. can't do this can't do that gosh. Yes you are required to have a brain to use your heal now, so if you over dps just because you proc your helix and are unable to heal...well to bad, how this is bad i'd never understand, and yes you no longer hold down rmb to source all your damage.

Members that follow the kr sf's will know that these changes where already coming, yet people seem so alarmed when something changes. For instance, I hear some earth sf's complaining about damage losses or perhaps they are not as strong as their ice counter-parts... they're so wrong.

People really should invest in the dragonfury build more.. it would save a lot of salty comments. As you all know, dragon fury stack chi on each chain, and our new focus chi is 30 seconds with 4 seconds cast time... if you use the earth badge it goes back to 6.  >.>

For those still unable to understand it's simple, it means you can proc more kingfist / kingstrikes per focus chi / helix combo... and your focus chi's cd becomes about 12-15 seconds, with the badge.

I'm merely aransu 6, plebish gems true cosmic + with the dragon fury badge for earth and I can do 510k  on a parse.. so how has our dps lessened ?

My only complaint is the bracelet change.it was recommended that I get dragon as frost build so I did.got it to stage 9,now it's useless...Spent alot of gold on legendary jewels to get it to stage 10 so I could swap to tiger only to find out you can only get unrefined bracelet needed for the exchange from mushins tower 20th floor...I can't beat 20th floor so I guess I'm just screwed and stuck with a worthless bracelet?Even if I do manage to get the unrefined bracelet it cost's 100 (70 with premium) gold to change it to tiger...That's a lot of gold for a casual player that could be used for upgrading other items.I think it's totally unfair to make the player pay so much for a change that wasn't really needed in the first place.

Overall I'm happy with the changes they did with SF
my only complaints:

1) Swapping Ground Ripple (4) and Leg Sweep (3) was unnecessary and just messed up my muscle memory.

2) Moving Rising Dragon Strike to LmB was a mistake as well for PvE Earth users. You have to be careful not to press LmB when a boss is stunned or else you may accidentally launch the boss during your rotations.

Archived