Simple mode for simple people (except kfm ofc)

Septy

I dont know what I was expecting... Maybe simple mode for kfm not being total garbage?

lmb, 2, lmb, f? Really?

I was even a bit hopeful it might actually work in pvp. Hahaha silly me

Took a quick look on wl, fm, destroyer. Those actually look usable. 

So, is this fair? Every other class can just put a weight on their RMB and go afk except kfm?

If every other class got so brainless why do I still have to play like it's 2016?

RIP one-button-kfm 2018-2018

Not to mention that the cooldown bar disappears for me in this simple mode. As a lightning sin I can't see choke bombs cooldown while in stealth stance... (besides that the given lightning rotation is just for leveling up and has no further use... but it's ok so everything stays the same for me I guess)

I still haven't tested it yet because I'm at work but I saw on my discord most of the people complaining, except one earth SF.

In my opinion we need to consider this is a new feature that will (hopefully) be improved with time and maybe give suggestions on how they can change it based on the classes/elements we play considering also different equipments that affect the rotation.

5 minutes ago, RavTH said:

they can start improving by letting us change the skills in the sequence...

while it benefits me and seems to be right on for fire FM i do have to agree with this statement. I have carpal tunnel so this simple mode comes in handy on my bad days.

I have SF, SIN, FM, GUN and WL - and except one class else are broken or more broken (like you said garbage)
but fire guner is perfest - now you can even bultestorm combo do with one key :p hilarious

simple mode could be genial thing if we could program it by ourself, in this state - nope

I've tested it on some (alt) characters and only the SF and Gunner were "ok-ish". My thoughts:

- Fire and Light BM's sequence is nonsense (wtf sundering swords) and the anicancel is really slow, even with an 80-90 ms displayed in-game

- Wind KFM's sequence is nonsense (e.g. it should be R--*crit*-->F by default, but it wouldn't help people with legendary mystic badge) and the anicancel is pretty slow (and buggy, sometimes it uses 2 straigh jabs), even with an in-game 80-90 ms

- Fire KFM is "meh..." but not that bad. But it's easy anyway even without simple mode. :)

- Gunner seems OK

- SF was not that bad, even the earth SF's anicancel is ok (I suck with earth SF anicancel anyway...)

- Frost FM is simply bad. Makes no sense.

- Fire FM can be "something", I'm gonna test it more.

Unfortunately my other characters are not lvl55 yet (lazy me), but I'm looking forward for BD, Destro and Assa anicancels and rotations.

Edit:

With simple mode, the FM should have a (new) way to go into fire/frost stance. For example, when we have to do a party protection, it is really hard to stop pressing the RMB at the right moment. And if the E (frost stance shift) is on CD, we are sucked. The new "non-target LBM/RMB" could be ok, but it takes a lot of time to turn around, wait until the targeting is gone, press RMB and V.

10 hours ago, csisy said:

- Fire FM can be "something", I'm gonna test it more

Edit:

With simple mode, the FM should have a (new) way to go into fire/frost stance. For example, when we have to do a party protection, it is really hard to stop pressing the RMB at the right moment. And if the E (frost stance shift) is on CD, we are sucked. The new "non-target LBM/RMB" could be ok, but it takes a lot of time to turn around, wait until the targeting is gone, press RMB and V.

Incredibly bad rotation for fire FM too, bugs out constantly if you interrupt it with manual casts (vt badge, tab block, kds, stuns, sheath etc). And as you mentioned, sheathing becomes stupid.

I guess the idea of simple mode is ok to get new people familiar with basic class rotations... if it wasn't for that the simple mode rotations are awful even with no badges. Maybe, just maybe, they should've asked the players for what to do with a class instead of just pooping out macros that do about as much dps as pressing buttons completely randomly. It wouldn't have to be perfect, but not getting even the fundamentals of a class right is only detrimental to the game.

Archived