This is Huge! Future Plans for B&S.

Nory

agreed with MassiveEGo, this game is a fake mmo.  It needs to learn from L2.  Castle siege is fun.  Raid boss requires 200 attendees is fun.  BNS only allows 24 ppl for a raid, it is just a good rpg, not mmorpg.  But on the bright side, bns has giant boobs and oily legs, which i like :D

On 5/9/2018 at 1:58 PM, Deadly Intent said:

Will nc break open the wallet to do this though?  It's exactly what is needed to keep the game alive but it might get to us a little too late.

its more a matter of will this game still be worthwhile till then xD

On 5/14/2018 at 5:29 PM, MassiveEgo said:

@Why Bother Oh, I agree that this game barely even registers on the scale as far as MMOishness is concerned. Even Hellgate London has more MMO spirit to it than B&S does and that one wasn't even marketed as a MMO game :D

My personal idea of a MMO battle, is stuff like the siege of Aden in Nov of 2008 in Teon Lineage 2 server. There were over 2k unique players involved into that siege. One of the most memorable and grand massacres in my recent memory and probably in 3D MMO history. Compared to that, this game has nothing to offer. Nothing at all.

As far as TERA <> B&S comparisons go, you should also remember that TERA has a much more simplistic character customization. Comparing it to B&S is like comparing both of those to BDO. No contest. This customization however, is a performance hog of it's own volition. If you keep all those body/facial features constantly loaded, together with the class animations plus character emotion animations, you get a bunch of objects, in this case characters, which are drawn on the fly. It's not the same as loading a premade actor. Animations also change depending on the character's size and certain body proportions. That taxes the performance further, as you can't automate the loading of such models directly to the GPU. You end up keeping a lot of data on the CPU and ticking it constantly. That doesn't work so well in such an old UE3 build.

The point I was making with the MMO comments, and TERA was that those game devs did work within the limits of their tools to make a game that could perform as well as they could, or at least did a better job of such. Although with B&S, their devs seem to act like the rookie game devs using the Unity engine I was referring to earlier, they don't work within the limits of their tools, and instead pile in so much stuff to try to make their game look cool, that it ends up performing badly. If they did that while initially designing the UE3 client, there's no reason to assume they won't try to up the visual quality of the game under UE4 to the point that they again exceed the limits of the engine, and the game performs poorly, they even tried to show how much better the game will look under UE4, so that video even provides evidence to support that concern.

Not excited.

If this is going to be anything like what happened in Aion, it means that characters I've spent quite a long time perfecting will end up ruined with no way to recreate how they used to look. Aion's graphical update ruined the game for me, because it ruined the look of the characters.

Not only that, but if your characters are ruined, I guarantee you you will only get 1 free alteration voucher per account, just like with aion, and you'll end up having to pay to fix the rest of your characters yourself, because of an update.

Do not want.

1 hour ago, Why Bother said:

If they did that while initially designing the UE3 client, there's no reason to assume they won't try to up the visual quality of the game under UE4 to the point that they again exceed the limits of the engine, and the game performs poorly, they even tried to show how much better the game will look under UE4, so that video even provides evidence to support that concern.

A fair point yet again. I put my money behind them messing it up as well. The one thing which makes me optimistic about this, is that UE4 should operate well enough on it's own with the present computer hardware, aka use more cores and all pci lanes without bottlenecking the memory controller. With some luck the new revision should be retard-proofed enough for the job xD

On Wednesday, May 09, 2018 at 3:53 AM, Nory said:

So ... this happened : 

<insert movie from another country>

> Partially translated to : 

• Graphical Update and Conversion to Unreal Engine 4!

Is the UE4 that the Producer said in his letter:

"Beyond 2018 you’ll see a move of the game’s engine from Unreal Engine 3 to Unreal Engine 4"...

as in 2019 or later? 

Wake me up when it gets here... 77.png

Archived