The Whine about D.C. Boxes

Alenyia

Been jebaiting for a few days now about this topic ever since it was mentioned a few days ago. Sure the nerf the D.C. Boxes kinda sucks, but the truth is the community only has themselves to blame. If the freeloaders weren't running trivial dungeons for D.C. Completion on 6+ Alts to get an abused amount of sellable mats there would have never been a need or the need. I have one lvl 55 toon. The no lifer basement scrubs that played maxed toon accounts for months getting 63 D.C. Boxes a week as opposed to say 7-14 are the reasons why they got nerfed. If you think about it virtually EVERY gold redunction had been done to combat the same single thing. To stop ppl with 6+ alts from farming the same old ass content for sellable mats.... it's really that simple. What needs to be done from the community moving forward is to demand 1100+ raven 6+ toons for the weeklies ... else even the changes coming tomorrow will be nerfed as well.  STOP letting turds that dropped 50 bucks 2 years ago get more sellable mats then you !! Don't run with them !! For they are the sole reason we don't get to have nice things in this game ?

All recent changes are just ridiculous. This is a freaking MMO (even if it's korean one). You should have plenty options to play. Now you have literally nothing to do. PVP is broken. Open world doesnt exist. There is nothing to do there. Daily quests even if they exist they are completly not worth doing. You need tons of mats and gold to upgrade your gear but you dont have ways to obtain it. Oh wait. You have. You can buy them from F10. Either we have freaking troves or rng boxes. So spend your cash to buy it or you are f**ed. I love this game really but every day I log on Im wondering what the hell should i do. I need elysan orbs but where to farm it? I need moonstones but no way to get them. I need sacred orbs but hey again no way to get them. I dont have whole day to spend in dungeons but I want to progress. I dont mind doing it slowly but I want the opportunity to do it. Now I dont have any chances to progress with my limited game time.

Ive been playing MMOs for last 20 years but this one is only one Ive played which is so much broken gathering mats wise. Another thing I completly dont understand is why PVE mats can be obtain by doing PVP, especially when PVP is totally broken here. Why gathering in open world doesnt exist here, why dailies other then DC or WC cant give us mats, or points to buy boxes with mats, why CB is so outdated. CB when introduced was really a great way to help people get what they needed. Why cant we get it updated? Why oils and pet pods are so limited and hard to get? You need tons of them to update your gear but outside events they are unobtainable for avarege player like me.

6 hours ago, Alenyia said:

Been jebaiting for a few days now about this topic ever since it was mentioned a few days ago. Sure the nerf the D.C. Boxes kinda sucks, but the truth is the community only has themselves to blame. If the freeloaders weren't running trivial dungeons for D.C. Completion on 6+ Alts to get an abused amount of sellable mats there would have never been a need or the need. I have one lvl 55 toon. The no lifer basement scrubs that played maxed toon accounts for months getting 63 D.C. Boxes a week as opposed to say 7-14 are the reasons why they got nerfed. If you think about it virtually EVERY gold redunction had been done to combat the same single thing. To stop ppl with 6+ alts from farming the same old ass content for sellable mats.... it's really that simple. What needs to be done from the community moving forward is to demand 1100+ raven 6+ toons for the weeklies ... else even the changes coming tomorrow will be nerfed as well.  STOP letting turds that dropped 50 bucks 2 years ago get more sellable mats then you !! Don't run with them !! For they are the sole reason we don't get to have nice things in this game ?

Tbh, what you said could be easily fixed by making dailies/daily challenges Account-wide instead of Character-wide (meaning if you completed your dailies on one character, the other characters would be marked as done too) instead of nerfing the content.

With that being said though, I don't think the nerf was done on purpose but rather what they thought was "right" with/for the community or even what the community asked for, instead of reaching out and say, creating polls with several changes propositioned, in which all players can vote on.

It would essentially give us a way to voice our opinions and desires instead of them playing a guessing game and creating/risking constant uproars or disappointments. Something as simple as a +70% upvote by the player base for it to pass and be implemented into the game would be, imo, a godsend for the player base as would feel like the devs. actually cared and listened, etc.

3 hours ago, Ludicium said:

Tbh, what you said could be easily fixed by making dailies/daily challenges Account-wide instead of Character-wide (meaning if you completed your dailies on one character, the other characters would be marked as done too) instead of nerfing the content.

wait do you mean like you complete it once on one character, it's done for other characters, but the reward can be obtained by only one character on whichone you login and accept it, right? so you can't get multiply rewards like now? or do you mean by completing it once on your main character, you can accept it on all characters? that would be broken, but the other one would be loss of materials, by a lot.

4 minutes ago, RavTH said:

wait do you mean like you compete it once on one character, it's done for other characters, but the reward can be obtained by only one character on whichone you login and accept it, right? so you can't get multiply rewards like now? or do you mean by completing it once on your main character, you can accept it on all characters? that would be broken, but the other one would be loss of materials, by a lot.

Ah, I meant done once on one character and can only be claimed by one character - as OP was saying that the reason for the Dev's nerf to DC boxes was materials being farmed by alts (which I don't think/feel was/is the case).

However, you are correct, in that the loss of materials would be insane compared to now, but would solve OP's issue of players farming DC w/ 6+ alts - as..well, there would no longer be any incentive to farm it on 6+ alts. Or.. at least it's much better than the proposed method from OP (asking for 1100+ AP, raven 6+ for weeklies).

Defending a company that's pushing these changes so that players are eventually forced to pay for trove for materials and placing the blame on the players?

Are you kidding OP?

NC has done nothing to help with the in game inflation or the situation in general; instead they have enabled monopolies; they in fact actively encourage this behavior as they also set their F10 prices to match the in game inflation. Recall daily sacred crystal bundles being 5 NCC each? They're now 20. They were increased first to 10, then to 15 and now 20. As opposed to increasing the supply of SC to the players; they are instead further reducing the supply so they can sell it to you at a further premium. They've done this with MS as well; F10 MS used to be 5 NCC; they're now 15. Other mats have also been increased. The only things that haven't changed are TS and PTS which have kept steady at 25 and 450 NCC each. But of course, increasing the prices on those would make no one buy them.

While this isn't illegal, this enabling of monopolies and the gouging of players for every nickle and dime, it shows that NC has zero ethics as this point in time. Basically they're aware of a huge problem within the game's economy, they've also determined that instead of alleviate the situation, they should increase prices on F10 daily deals so that the players lose overall. Before, F10 was a reasonable alternative to being extorted on F5. Now? It's one and the same.

15 hours ago, Alenyia said:

If the freeloaders weren't running trivial dungeons for D.C. Completion on 6+ Alts to get an abused amount of sellable mats there would have never been a need or the need.

Actually the definition of freeloader is "a person who takes advantage of others' generosity without giving anything in return." Being a premium member, running 6 characters in DC, 8 in weekly, 4 bt and one VT is not free loading. I do it all for the gold and yes mats as well but to support my two favorited characters. My FM and Summoner would not be where they are without the alts. I honestly dont even think my FM alone could be where she is. I dont have money like others to pay to win this game so i DO WHAT I MUST TO PROGRESS. Being on disability does not allow me to have money to freely blow on a game. The very least i pay for premium so i can hopefully land on premium spots and get venture tokens for HM coins. I dont run the easy dungeons ever because they do not provide the gold i need and i dont AFK.  

I am fairly certain there are others like myself that would love to have the money to do trove and all that good stuff and whale up their one single character

STOP letting turds that dropped 50 bucks 2 years ago get more sellable mats then you !! Don't run with them !! For they are the sole reason we don't get to have nice things in this game ?

I just want to note it is people like you as well that makes people like me think of the community as being toxic. I play to have fun, to enjoy the game but as i said earlier do what i must to progress. You dont know the circumstances that keep some people from dropping cash in the game. -sighs-

wow guys, this is a bit exaggerated.... how much mats does the daily chest give for 1 alt? like 5 soulstones or 5 elysian crystals? let's get serious, please. that's totally nothing as to what you'd get by farming high lvl dungeons. also, the high demand in materials, that 1800 soulstones for dawnforged 3-6, the 1200 moonstones for vt neck and so on  makes us want to farm with alts as well. even if it's 10 mats per alt or whatever. Even if you had 9 alts as you prob think that 90% of the players have (totally wrong ofc), you'd still need a few good months of doing DCs for 1 stupid weapon upgrade on your main.

OP, you're telling me that you'd rather waste around 1 year to farm the materials just cause you dont want to use alts to farm the very little that you can? I call bullshit, my friend!

not to mention that it's perfectly normal for an mmorpg to be alt friendly. everyone wants to try other classes to get a better understanding and continue playing that class for at least another 20 minutes a day (in our case by doing a few daily quest)

So with no gold drops from daily challenge and hardly any from the lower dungeons, how are you supposed to make any money as a low geared player? Any tips?

Also, kinda related: https://imgur.com/yDgvS2B 

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those the daily icons next to Avalanche & Mandate? They aren't on the daily list today though...

Let's just hope the PremiumTransformationStone Price won't fly up even more...

Save your money for something else in Real Life.

Another really bad chance RnG box.  But good for newbie (Very RICH real life) who want to get materials for upgrade via dragon express.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Milennin:

Lol, you do realise that without these "freeloaders", this game would be deader than a graveyard at night....

guess I am a premium account "freeloader" then, but well what's premium if you can sell a load of "feline fortune crates" instead for some quick $$$

7 hours ago, mzerohdl said:

Yeah I think the claim that folks got rich out of running dc on alts is pretty far fetched. I would think that people only running dc trains are barely getting by.  This has to be sarcasm.

I agree you virtually need alts to be able to afford to up grade.  The issue is the broken market and a toxic community that are forced to go into parties that have inappropriate gear.  The game does this not players.  Fix inflation, fix players that abuse the market stop forcing players to team with inadequate gear or at the very lease compensate them for helping lower players.  

15 hours ago, RavTH said:

wait do you mean like you complete it once on one character, it's done for other characters, but the reward can be obtained by only one character on whichone you login and accept it, right? so you can't get multiply rewards like now? or do you mean by completing it once on your main character, you can accept it on all characters? that would be broken, but the other one would be loss of materials, by a lot.

It's not just a loss of materials. It would be the end of playing alts in this game, unless gear progression requirements change drastically, like to include only materials which are acc bound, instead of a mixture of tradable and bound ones.

4 hours ago, oblo said:

So with no gold drops from daily challenge and hardly any from the lower dungeons, how are you supposed to make any money as a low geared player? Any tips?

I think they haven't thought about that.

Employee: "But what about the people that don't have raven 3+/elementaljewels/badges to run IF/EL/SSM?"

PM: "Who?"

Employee: "You know... those folks that haven't played the game for a year, gathering gold and resources to kit their main without giving us 500-600 euro on each of the last three troves?"

PM: "Forgot those even existed. Wait. We have people who don't invest the monetary equivalent of a cheap car per year?"

Employee: "Sir/Madam, we are running a free to play game"

PM: "I thought that meant we give everybody a permanent free trial and when they start investing properly, they get to enjoy the game a little"

Employee: "But that's not how f2p is supposed to work..."

PM: "And what's your idea then smart ass? You think the CEO and the board will be building their castles and yachts with prayers and wishes?"

Employee: "Well, people do say humility is a virtue"

PM: "Don't play a saint with me. Your salary comes from this well too, remember?"

Employee: "I'm third year university student. You don't pay me full wage"

PM: "Castles and yachts, boy. Castles and yachts"

22 minutes ago, noirdoll said:

I agree you virtually need alts to be able to afford to up grade.  The issue is the broken market and a toxic community that are forced to go into parties that have inappropriate gear.  The game does this not players.  Fix inflation, fix players that abuse the market stop forcing players to team with inadequate gear or at the very lease compensate them for helping lower players.  

Pretty much this. 

This patch has gone to far with the DC loot box and mats. Removing the 1g-1kg chance and mats. The DC challenge was the 1 thing I did everyday for the 1k gold chance and that is taken away now. (still haven't gotten it)

The new dungeons are filled with toxic players that want 1.1k requirement (is that AP or Ele?  lol). You wipe 1 time an everyone leaves.

I'm really starting to wonder if this game is worth playing now and I've been playing since release.

Bu saçma patch sonrası ne para harcamaya ne de premium bitince uzatmaya niyetim yok.

bu oyun bitmiştir.

tepedeki üç beş kişi ile devam etsinler oyunlarına

aklı başında yeni oyun buluruz zor değil..

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have no intention of spending no money after this ridiculous patch or lengthening the premium.

this game is over.

Continue with three or five people on the top

it's not hard to find new game in mind

First time taking the effort to visit the forums, I've found it so annoying that DC gold is now gone and the easier dungeons give much less gold.

I'm at 1075 AP Finally getting Raven through saving up 3months of DC gold and still get kicked or complained at in high tier dungeons.

It's time to move on, I did find the outfits pretty cool, but that's all this game really has now. Probably come back to finish the story one day.

(Heck I just found this cool fps drop fix, by turning off quest tracking I was pumped to play more)

22 hours ago, Garlend said:

Pretty much this. 

This patch has gone to far with the DC loot box and mats. Removing the 1g-1kg chance and mats. The DC challenge was the 1 thing I did everyday for the 1k gold chance and that is taken away now. (still haven't gotten it)

The new dungeons are filled with toxic players that want 1.1k requirement (is that AP or Ele?  lol). You wipe 1 time an everyone leaves.

I'm really starting to wonder if this game is worth playing now and I've been playing since release.

Same here. I'm holding by a very thin thread now. If they keep these changes to gold & mats rewards, it will snap for sure. It's not fun to play when you can't see anything to achieve in the horizon, unless you spend too much money or devote your days to the game. 

P.S.: Oh and yes, I am another of those premium "freeloaders", with a main since launch day (and 4 alts because I enjoy playing other classes too).

Oh.... they said u could always go farm other dungeons now like EL, IF, HH etc to make money.... cause those DROPS from bosses are just so so amazing. EVERY DUNGEON incl. HH got a guaranteed drop of LUNAR EFFIN TWILIGHT FLOWER!!! I say that's a bloody gold maker now, please let's all farm them, so motivating that trash drop.... Is NC even serious bout it? EVERY SINGLE BOSS DROPS that useless plant.... or void fragments.... (Wondering if they forgot that THEY GAVE AWAY MSP SHIELDS IN MAIN QUEST!!! and frankly no player in those dungeons need them even if that wouldn't be the case). First time since two years of my gaming I'm standing in lobby with my char, thinking, why would i even bother do any dungeon....

Here's the example of drop that I get almost every run from dungeons NS and above..... :/
https://imgur.com/a/RRrJyhT

39 minutes ago, Cordelia885 said:

Oh.... they said u could always go farm other dungeons now like EL, IF, HH etc to make money.... cause those DROPS from bosses are just so so amazing. EVERY DUNGEON incl. HH got a guaranteed drop of LUNAR EFFIN TWILIGHT FLOWER!!! I say that's a bloody gold maker now, please let's all farm them, so motivating that trash drop.... Is NC even serious bout it? EVERY SINGLE BOSS DROPS that useless plant.... or void fragments.... (Wondering if they forgot that THEY GAVE AWAY MSP SHIELDS IN MAIN QUEST!!! and frankly no player in those dungeons need them even if that wouldn't be the case). First time since two years of my gaming I'm standing in lobby with my char, thinking, why would i even bother do any dungeon....

Here's the example of drop that I get almost every run from dungeons NS and above..... :/
https://imgur.com/a/RRrJyhT

And that's one of the several things that keep me looking at what they have done to the game in total disbelief... and not bothering.

Quite easy, go buy your mats in hm store and give us your money or gtfo. 

Sad thing, next trove people will cash like always or even more proving NC-Soft they can get away with every crap they want to do, even they would reduce dungeon drops to bloody healing pots... 

Archived