Wolfy286

Thanks for Ruining BD Party Protection

Recommended Posts

i don't think they were only skill-balancing for pvp. Being able to move while also having infinite protection is/was foreign and odd for this game. It's more in-line with other skills now, which is a gud thing. Balanceeeee. And high gear is another issue, but there shouldn't be a move that infinitely resists high-gear attacks (or any attacks) for a certain amount of time. it's too op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Milennin   

It is foreign to this game, and the same could be said about any unique class skill that gets removed. Oh, Warlock has Thrall removed? Well, it should be fine since it's foreign for this game (whatever that even means). No, classes need to have things that makes them stand out from other classes. Reasons why players pick certain classes over others. Being able to fill niches that other classes cannot. If all the classes are meant to play the same, they might as well reduce playable classes to 2: ranged and melee.

 

Nothing is too OP, until a group can literally not function without a certain class/skill in any situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 5:20 PM, Kasumi Rose said:

That's why it was game-breaking xD Blocking all of those hits is ridiculously OP. It needs a cap.

Umm, so according to you avoiding Insta death is game breaking ?:giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2018 at 4:57 AM, Milennin said:

It is foreign to this game, and the same could be said about any unique class skill that gets removed. Oh, Warlock has Thrall removed? Well, it should be fine since it's foreign for this game (whatever that even means). No, classes need to have things that makes them stand out from other classes. Reasons why players pick certain classes over others. Being able to fill niches that other classes cannot. If all the classes are meant to play the same, they might as well reduce playable classes to 2: ranged and melee.

 

Nothing is too OP, until a group can literally not function without a certain class/skill in any situation.

R u joking. I didn't even bother reading the rest of your comment. Thrall is not "foreign" because there's literally a summoner who has a cat. xD Thrall is like a soft-cat. "Foreign" means: There's nothing like it in the game and it doesn't make sense to have it there. Even class-specific moves are not entirely foreign. Usually, they're just a variation of an already existing move's mechanics but with a different skin (animation).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RagingPhenix said:

Umm, so according to you avoiding Insta death is game breaking ?:giggle:

 

Having a skill that blocks a certain amount of attacks/instances of damage is a way to "avoid Insta death,"  which is what BD has now with the new update; however, having a skill that avoids ALL instances of damage (10 instances of dmg, 20, 532, whatever) within a certain amount of time, is overpowered because it requires no skill. The player under that sort of effect is just in a safe-bubble as long as it's active. Now that the BD's protect only has a limited amount of protection uses, a person actually has to time their attacks and other resistance-skills (because the BD's effect might break early) and the person can't just lol their way to surviving a barrage of attacks.

Edited by Kasumi Rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Milennin   
6 hours ago, Kasumi Rose said:

R u joking. I didn't even bother reading the rest of your comment. Thrall is not "foreign" because there's literally a summoner who has a cat. xD Thrall is like a soft-cat. "Foreign" means: There's nothing like it in the game and it doesn't make sense to have it there. Even class-specific moves are not entirely foreign. Usually, they're just a variation of an already existing move's mechanics but with a different skin (animation).

In what world are Thrall and Summoner cat even the same thing, they don't even share similar purposes. Those two aren't even nearly as much the same thing as Blade Dancer party protect (old), and Blade Dancer party protect (new) were. Considering the only significant difference between the two party protects is that one has limited hit protection, while the other has unlimited hit protection, I still don't see where the foreign part is coming in there. It's just a variation on an existing mechanic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kasumi Rose said:

 

Having a skill that blocks a certain amount of attacks/instances of damage is a way to "avoid Insta death,"  which is what BD has now with the new update; however, having a skill that avoids ALL instances of damage (10 instances of dmg, 20, 532, whatever) within a certain amount of time, is overpowered because it requires no skill. The player under that sort of effect is just in a safe-bubble as long as it's active. Now that the BD's protect only has a limited amount of protection uses, a person actually has to time their attacks and other resistance-skills (because the BD's effect might break early) and the person can't just lol their way to surviving a barrage of attacks.

you have clearly never done pvp, In arena people would just wait out the 3 sec, In battleground you would use it to survive the initial burst of some classes to actually pvp afterwards. we are talking about 3 seconds here not 3 minutes, ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ more about BD having several that they can chain and have a self protect skill on longer than they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2018 at 12:31 AM, Milennin said:

In what world are Thrall and Summoner cat even the same thing, they don't even share similar purposes. Those two aren't even nearly as much the same thing as Blade Dancer party protect (old), and Blade Dancer party protect (new) were. Considering the only significant difference between the two party protects is that one has limited hit protection, while the other has unlimited hit protection, I still don't see where the foreign part is coming in there. It's just a variation on an existing mechanic.

 

Besides BD's Party protect, there was not a move in the entire game that ever protected multiple people for an infinite amount of hits while also allowing them to move around and attack (and if that's not what BD's old party protect did then lol I don't play BD so my mistake, but) that move was far too left-field to be considered appropriate or balanced for this game; it didn't fit in with the rest of the core mechanics of the game (which were [and are] iFrames that have a certain amount of damage-blocks before breaking, or iFrames that block everything but freeze the character(s) in place and stop them from attacking.) Therefore, BD's infinite-party-protect shouldn't have been in the game at all in the first place. It was a misfit move.

 

Thrall is similar to the cat in that they are both summonable creatures that help players. If you strip them down to their basic basic basic mechanics/ideas/intentions, they are the same, and that's the point I'm making. Even Gunners little, floating defense thing, when stripped down to its basic mechanics, is similar but flavored slightly differently than most other Iframes or resistance abilities like WL's anti-target chains, etc.

 

Edited by Kasumi Rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2018 at 10:05 AM, RagingPhenix said:

you have clearly never done pvp, In arena people would just wait out the 3 sec, In battleground you would use it to survive the initial burst of some classes to actually pvp afterwards. we are talking about 3 seconds here not 3 minutes, ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ more about BD having several that they can chain and have a self protect skill on longer than they don't.

I have played PvP. :I Please read what I wrote in response to Milennin.

Edited by Kasumi Rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HateMe   

you are all going on about how this sucks for 6v6 now...well 6v6 in itself is broken af and this is just a teardrop in the sea of issues there.

As for the change itself i think its nice, people need to coordinate more and think instead of mindlessly spam protect and dps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 4:30 PM, Kasumi Rose said:

I have played PvP. :I Please read what I wrote in response to Milennin.

then what about the buff you get when someone steals a horn ? 5 sec ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing invincible and a damage buff. the party buffs were well integrated into the game.

Also party protect skills that immobilize you are cancer in battleground as someone casts it, you take minor dot or something and... boom your combo is messed up.

Sorry if you are salty cause you went gun-ho in 6vs6 at a BD/BM and he just HM blocked to keep you from insta killing him.

On 5/16/2018 at 4:01 AM, HateMe said:

you are all going on about how this sucks for 6v6 now...well 6v6 in itself is broken af and this is just a teardrop in the sea of issues there.

As for the change itself i think its nice, people need to coordinate more and think instead of mindlessly spam protect and dps.

party protects are part of coordinating, for instance in my VT raid; we would coordinate either BD 3 sec or BM if the tank or keeper needed to cross thru fire swords on boss 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wataru   

They could have kept the solo unlimited iframe and I would much more okay with it. Now it's pretty trashy. I'm not against nerfs but this one was really heavy handed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 8:00 AM, RagingPhenix said:

then what about the buff you get when someone steals a horn ? 5 sec ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing invincible and a damage buff. the party buffs were well integrated into the game.

Also party protect skills that immobilize you are cancer in battleground as someone casts it, you take minor dot or something and... boom your combo is messed up.

Sorry if you are salty cause you went gun-ho in 6vs6 at a BD/BM and he just HM blocked to keep you from insta killing him.

party protects are part of coordinating, for instance in my VT raid; we would coordinate either BD 3 sec or BM if the tank or keeper needed to cross thru fire swords on boss 1.

6

I never got upset at BD's or whatever blocking things. Like I mentioned, I didn't even know this was an issue until the patch notes came out. And I hate the invincible buff after stealing a horn, lol. It's stupid.

 

As for your second thing, what the person meant was that coordinating party protects takes more skill now because it's not just an invisible wall that can be thrown up, it has a certain amount of hits now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ren36   
On 10.5.2018 at 10:54 PM, Kasumi Rose said:

i don't think they were only skill-balancing for pvp. Being able to move while also having infinite protection is/was foreign and odd for this game. It's more in-line with other skills now, which is a gud thing. Balanceeeee. And high gear is another issue, but there shouldn't be a move that infinitely resists high-gear attacks (or any attacks) for a certain amount of time. it's too op

 

10 hours ago, Kasumi Rose said:

I never got upset at BD's or whatever blocking things. Like I mentioned, I didn't even know this was an issue until the patch notes came out. And I hate the invincible buff after stealing a horn, lol. It's stupid.

 

As for your second thing, what the person meant was that coordinating party protects takes more skill now because it's not just an invisible wall that can be thrown up, it has a certain amount of hits now.

Idk if you keep track of other classes, but what would you call Forcemaster invincible buff?
6s in ice sheat and 10s in frost prison+several resets, while forst prison has no global CD, meaning that they can use it consecutive and even reset it with reset potions.
And what about sin, you think after stealing horn and going into 15s stealth is not immunity? Good luck catching a sin with horn speedbuff(1)+stealth, you won´t catch him even if you can run out of combat. Stealth is like 50% resist, either you use an aoe that breaks defense or have a 50% chance to hit.
You have no chance if you can´t target him.

VS BDs 2second that is not enough to steal horn or 3second  iframe that doesn´t either since the count in bg is 6s to steal a horn, aside from beluga with 3s that still makes it possible to intercept since BD has has no full 3s even if he macros F to steal the horn.
From the way you talk the most foreign to this game is you.

Edited by Ren36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ren36 said:

 

Idk if you keep track of other classes, but what would you call Forcemaster invincible buff?
6s in ice sheat and 10s in frost prison+several resets, while forst prison has no global CD, meaning that they can use it consecutive and even reset it with reset potions.
And what about sin, you think after stealing horn and going into 15s stealth is not immunity? Good luck catching a sin with horn speedbuff(1)+stealth, you won´t catch him even if you can run out of combat. Stealth is like 50% resist, either you use an aoe that breaks defense or have a 50% chance to hit.
You have no chance if you can´t target him.

VS BDs 2second that is not enough to steal horn or 3second  iframe that doesn´t either since the count in bg is 6s to steal a horn, aside from beluga with 3s that still makes it possible to intercept since BD has has no full 3s even if he macros F to steal the horn.
From the way you talk the most foreign to this game is you.

I said "moving!" There's no skill that infinitely protects a character while they're moving!  I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of that comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ren36   
1 hour ago, Kasumi Rose said:

I said "moving!" There's no skill that infinitely protects a character while they're moving!  I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of that comment.

You think FM and range classes have to move while they kill you?
What will you say about FM bubble 6s+(resettable), that it protects against any amount of projectiles, while even healing him?
WL - sanctum, can´t target for 10s, while having 5hit immunity(z) + 1-f air borne to kill you in air without a chance to tab?
Did he have to move?
Sin stealth is immunity while moving+increased moving speed that is stackable with other buffs.
Not every class has to move to kill you, even FM can just cast an aoe and use ice sheat while standing inside of it, gl approaching him.
And you´re expecting a melee to stand still?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ren36 said:

You think FM and range classes have to move while they kill you?
What will you say about FM bubble 6s+(resettable), that it protects against any amount of projectiles, while even healing him?
WL - sanctum, can´t target for 10s, while having 5hit immunity(z) + 1-f air borne to kill you in air without a chance to tab?
Did he have to move?
Sin stealth is immunity while moving+increased moving speed that is stackable with other buffs.
Not every class has to move to kill you, even FM can just cast an aoe and use ice sheat while standing inside of it, gl approaching him.
And you´re expecting a melee to stand still?

 

There are no infinite resist skills that are able to be active while a player is moving now that the BD's infinite resist skill has been removed. That's all I'm saying. I think WL's chain move is OP, too, that's why I don't use it, and WL's air move is op as well, which is why I have an entire post talking about it several times: the post is called "Overpowered Classes." We're not talking about those things right now, they're irrelevant because they're not moves that infinitely resist damage while allowing the player to move.

 

Even FMs and WLs who are using anti-target/non-range attack bubble/chains can be pushed or pulled out of their bubble/chains using certain moves, and they can still be hurt with non-targetting/aoe moves. Anyway, back on to the BD's now, let's not switch gears and talk about different classes anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now