Forums

Returning after a very long time

I joined in february 2016 and played a lot this game but thing happened and i left at blade master level 44 with an awakened infernal sword level 10 for a very long time, now  i'm back, i used to upgrade weapons to 10 and other shenanigans, now i feel like a real starter, now i question everything i knew, i reaaally need some help here. What happened to weapons?  Which system is in use? i know nothing D:

Welcome back.

The entire weapon system was rehauled/reworked not long ago, don't worry about upgrading your weapon for now.

Just finish your storyline/continue with the storyline, the quest will set you up with your legendary weapon (which is now your upgrade-able/"hongmoon" weapon), legendary soul shield, etc. So try not to worry too much about it.

As for tips, keep your Lucent accessories (you will get them as you traverse your through your quests - Level 50+). 

If you feel lost, you can always create a new character and run through it - not much has changed though in terms of the storyline & quests, it's just less upgrading than what it use to be (you no longer need to upgrade your weapon, accessories, etc. as you progress through the quests, you just get them as rewards - your farming will start once you've finished the storyline).

As for how to progress, keep going like you normally would, leave the orange (raid) quests until you've completed your yellow (storyline) quests..and yeah.

I really thank you for clearing this changes for me. I was really worried about not having the proper gear at this point (since the sterling sword says you get it in "chap 1: The road to darkness" and i completed that long time ago, also some box that said "expired") 
Anyway, thanks.

A lot of items that you get through yellow quests are also available for sale from region NPC, often for easy to acquire tokens like Naryu Silver. Have a look at the merchant on Grand Harvest Square, for example.

Archived