Stop Lobby harassment please (Repost)

Kyootic

WARNING: LENGTHY POST 

You've seen it happen. You've probably been a victim too.

When you're looking for party members in F8 via the chat/party finder and you have requirements such as high enough DPS to complete a dungeon or just, in general, have completed a quest to let you enter certain dungeons. But then there's that one person who you kick because he doesn't meet the least requirements you're looking for and he thought he could be part of the party. Then he rejoins...again...and again....and again...literally seconds after you kicked. Your party is getting impatient and you can't do anything about this troll now other than to either form up another party with different lobby number or try again later (private lobby if desperate measures). It's an infuriating experience that these kinds of trolls have the freedom to enjoy just because they can't have their way. Seriously, where are the penalties for these kinds of situations? Reporting and blocking don't really do anything as immediately as a click of a button. I think there should be an actual penalty for being kicked from a lobby or even blocked from the player who is leading that party.

Blocking a player should have a bit more power besides silencing them in the chat box. I think it should also just prevent them from interacting with the player they are blocked from whatsoever, such as joining their party (just to harass again). Kicking players I think should have a penalty cooldown. If someone gets kicked from a party, the ability to rejoin/reapply at the snap of fingers shouldn't be a thing the offender has. Depending on how the cooldown works it could go good or bad. In my eyes, I see a kick penalty cooldown only in dungeon lobbies since that's where the biggest instant rejoins take place. I wouldn't suggest that kicking penalty cooldowns should be a thing outside cross-servers considering that evil players might use that power and kick people randomly just so they can suffer a cooldown for no reason. The ability to just ignore that person's constant application in-server parties is already a thing.

Say you have someone join your lobby and you kick them because they didn't complete the orange DKV quest that Naryu Foundry requires to be complete; that kicked person should then be unable to rejoin that lobby number they were kicked from for a certain amount of time (5 minutes sounds long enough or 10 minutes).

The same situation to if you decide to block that person because they rejoined your lobby later on and still haven't met the requirements, they would now be unable to join any cross-server lobby that you are the leader of. They might still be able to apply to your party in-server but that can just be simply ignored. 

These are just my idea's on how lobby harassment should be handled though. Any opinions?

050418Edit: Reposting, the more you repost a topic that you actually want a BNS admin to notice, the more likely you will get that notice. Least thats what I believe until one of them comes in like "Uhm sorry you cant post the same topic over and over :)"

First off all i know what you want to say, i saw this happend too many times. BUT!

Did you ever ask yourself, why people act this way? Some of them for sure are just trolls, but not all of them.

Most people searching with just insane ridiculous requirements. I already saw 1.2k+ VT-Gear for ebondrake citadel. I know its boring routine to run the same dungeons every day for daily and you want to go through quite quickly. Lower geared nearly have no chance to find a group.

Also some people dont even bother to check if people meet the requirements, they see HM9 or 10 and isntant kick them.

HM Level means nothing i saw HM8 with much more experience then a HM16 who was most of the time dead.

I tried to find a group for SSM with my HM9 alt and after i finaly found a group that doesnt kicked me i had to ragequittet that group of HM13-15 after 3 wipes at the last Boss.

BTW: My Main is a HM12 FM with 1.2k AP and i even got kicked with my main for beeing HM12 sometimes and i saw lot of hm13-15 with less gear... any more questions?

I saw groups who kicked player because of HM level or because they missed the requirement by 10-20ap and prefer to go with 5 players

Well i left those groups in front of the dungeon cause i dont support this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

Why kicking even a WL who are a few ap below the requirement and go with 5 people and without SB? Makes sense...

Its quite easy, you are toxic against lower players, dont wonder when they start beeing toxic at you and trolling you.

So dont blame NC-Soft (and belife me i dont say that much often), blame yourself ;)

Newtons 3rd Law:

Zitat

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction

Just think about it ;)

It doesnt mean i support this trolling, but i totaly can understand it, especialy when i play my alt

Just going to say this is the nastiest community I have ever played with in an MMO. I have played WOW, Guild Wars 2, Aion, COH/COV, SWTOR,FF14, Rift, ect ....you get the idea. Never have I come across such nasty, insulting, presumptuous bunch as I have in this game. It's a real shame too, because this is the type of game you really need to rely on people to get upgrades ect and it is due to the personalities in this game I no longer participate in dungeons. I don't want to have to quit, but I can not team with anyone in game but my own real life best friend due to the attitudes, A good example was just this past event.  I came in lagging very badly and said sorry I have a lot of lag only to be met with a bunch of people telling me to get a better computer or go home and telling me I was a "tag on"...as if I was just there to leech off them and not participate. The truth is, my connection just sucked. It does happen once in awhile...even to the best of us. This is a pretty sad community.

One one hand, I think maybe that, if a player is incapable of doing a dungeon (IE: They haven't unlocked the ability to do it or, in the case of Heaven's Mandate and they've already done the dungeon that say), they should change it so that person cannot access the party itself. That way, if someone tries to just force a stalemate on a dungeon entry to troll the people in the party, they are unable... but again, that's SUPER rare.

On the OTHER HAND... with people not being the required AP for the run you're setting up... I've only had a spam re-join one time... and after telling them to stop, they did... but, more importantly... I think you might want to take a step back and ask a bigger question - what kind of limitation are you putting on your run?

Quite frankly, the number of times I've seen severely under-leveled players attempt to join a run they couldn't possibly do has been nothing compared to the times where people vastly overpower their requirements. I can't remember a time where I've seen a DT, EC or NF run that doesn't have a 1k+ requirement... heck, I've seen 1k+ requirements for lower dungeons too! The best of all is when the person recruiting for these 1k+ runs isn't even close to being 1k themselves... pretty pathetic when the leader of the party doesn't live up to their own expectations.

Simply put, it boils down to elitism. Everyone wants it done fast, get what they want and leave. Heck, it's why Sh*ttered Masts can't see a full-party clear anymore. Selfish players expect way too much to get the dungeons completed as quickly as possible and won't allow people to join that actually NEED the dungeons to get stronger. It's a pretty terrible trap these higher-AP people have ended up making - you can't get stronger, because all the dungeons you need to run to get stronger are being forced on ridiculous expectations you can't meet without doing those dungeons.

Let's not forget that Desolate Tomb was first cleared by a party with roughly 730ap... and that... was BEFORE they nerfed the mechanics out of it. Sure, they've tweaked the damage calculations by now, but you're seriously telling me that you can't clear DT with a party of mid 900ap players? Give me a break. By the time someone clears the storyline and have upgraded their seraph/baleful a few times, it should not be difficult... so long as a party takes them.

Oh, and don't bother with "they should just make their own party then"... because we all know what happens. The party begins, some elitist douce-nozzle enters, takes one look at the player, pops a monocle and chickens out. I mean, you'd think that a person who is SOOO powerful as they are could easily handle the difference in power single-handedly, right? They're SOOO strong themselves, so it should be easy, no?

No, of course not. The party leader isn't Aransu 9, so there's no way they can handle Lair of the Frozen Fang.

Usually, if I'm taking my main into these runs, I remember the times I've been screwed over, so when I host a DT run, I tend to leave the invite open, pointing out "All welcome". Ironically, I almost always get a pretty strong party in a quarter of the time it'd have taken me to demand a 1k+ one. And, if I'm doing a dungeon I know I can run with an AP limit, I tend not to be that stingy. If I am calling for, say a 1k+ NS run and the last person who joins is just 950ap... meh. Good enough. So long as they actively try, the rest of us should easily be able to do it. Heck, I've done runs before where the rookie does an amazing job. I know it's possible - I've been the rookie who outperforms the whale party before! My Blade Dancer outlived 4 other people to clear DT back in the day, a good 100ap lower than any of them. A few weeks ago, my barely 1k gunner tanked Dark Yeti in SJF, even after they messed up the mechs and I iframed all 3 parts of the wipe mechanic... TWICE!

Maybe it needs to be less about punishing people who want to join your run... and more about giving them a chance. Sure, there's a gamble on it... sure, they might just want a free carry. Or maybe, they're a veteran player trying to get their alt up by getting their 10 dungeon runs in to earn their legendary accessory. After all, who knows? Their AP might be lower, but they might just be able to dance circles around the dungeon, the boss and the entire party.

I totaly agree with you @SilverFoxR except for one thing:

vor 17 Minuten schrieb SilverFoxR:

Let's not forget that Desolate Tomb was first cleared by a party with roughly 730ap... and that... was BEFORE they nerfed the mechanics out of it. Sure, they've tweaked the damage calculations by now, but you're seriously telling me that you can't clear DT with a party of mid 900ap players

When desolate Tomb was released most common player had about 600-650AP and we did it even in 4 men with that AP and full mechanics. ;)

And now they need 1.1k with 6 men and no mech. Realy sad...

I should try to find a NS Hardmode run, curious how many still can do the mech xD and how many will fail, maybe i will try tomorrow.

I can kinda understand both sides but I remember when I was gearing up my bm that was around 900-1000ap and got kicked from various parties for NS that I met the requirements for due to hm level and people didn't even bother to check my stats. Even though I was well experienced with the dungeon and tanked all the time for my clan, on top of that my main had some VT gear. I ended up joining a group of 800-900ap, some were running for the first time yet we still cleared.

One of those parties I got kicked from was also due to a high geared kfm not wanting to tank.

Just recently I also was leveling up a new warlock and got kicked again from dungeons I met the requirements for, even ones that advertised to have such and so and so ap due to hm level even though she had raven wep, some BT accessories and ss. Yet I never have trouble finding a group on my main lol. I find it crazy how the community focuses so much on hm level and ap rather than someone actually having experience and the requirements to run the dungeon.

You might ask well why didn't you just start a group of your own?? My answer to that is that I have made groups numerous times during those kicking phases, it fills up to about 5 people. then some elitist comes in, and you know they are checking everyone's ap by how they don't ready up right away, they see one player's stats and see they have ap that don't meet their expectations so they leave and then the next person leaves and so on until the room is back empty again. Yet I recruit a group on my main and it fills up within a second with no one leaving lol.

My whole point of sharing this is so that maybe you/others will give that person you're contemplating on kicking a chance to prove themselves before kicking them/leaving. Don't get me wrong I realize some people really are trolls and some are far off from being able to run the dungeon they're trying to join but a majority of the times, as far as I've noticed, it is the latter.

3 hours ago, Godravage said:

Just going to say this is the nastiest community I have ever played with in an MMO. I have played WOW, Guild Wars 2, Aion, COH/COV, SWTOR,FF14, Rift, ect ....you get the idea. Never have I come across such nasty, insulting, presumptuous bunch as I have in this game. It's a real shame too, because this is the type of game you really need to rely on people to get upgrades ect and it is due to the personalities in this game I no longer participate in dungeons. I don't want to have to quit, but I can not team with anyone in game but my own real life best friend due to the attitudes, A good example was just this past event.  I came in lagging very badly and said sorry I have a lot of lag only to be met with a bunch of people telling me to get a better computer or go home and telling me I was a "tag on"...as if I was just there to leech off them and not participate. The truth is, my connection just sucked. It does happen once in awhile...even to the best of us. This is a pretty sad community.

Get better computer or go home mate. ?

9 hours ago, Statler said:

Its quite easy, you are toxic against lower players, dont wonder when they start beeing toxic at you and trolling you.

Having requirements doesn't make the leader toxic, just picky. Not honoring his requirement and join spamming on the other hand, fits the dictionary definition of toxic behavior perfectly.

I just hate when someone can't even enter a dungeon because they didn't complete a quest and literally can't go in because they're locked out which locks the entire party out, but then rejoins over and over again because they're not listening and not understanding that even if we wanted to take them we couldnt.

I've had that happen and someone straight out of level 55 spam joining an HH run when that was brand new. Obviously if you're straight out of story with story starter gear, you don't belong in the newest dungeon. but people will do anything in hopes of getting a free ride. Understand that I'm very forgiving and not picky at all about AP, but stuff like that is the absolute worst.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb MassiveEgo:

Having requirements doesn't make the leader toxic, just picky. Not honoring his requirement and join spamming on the other hand, fits the dictionary definition of toxic behavior perfectly.

I wasnt talking about people who dont meet the requirement ;)

My HM9 alt (Gunner) have 1k AP, even it dont have raven jet, and can hold 50-70k DPS what should be enough for most dungeons.

Even i meet the requirements i instant get kicked from partys looking for 1k+ (which is quite rare nowadays) without even bother checking my stats.

That is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing toxic as hell. And to be honest, such people deserve to get trolled.

I cant even run Dungeons above NS with my alt. People join, see HM9 and instant quit.

With the next patch they lowered Gold from lower dungeons again. you wont get unbound materials from lower dungeons neither from daily chest anymore. Transformationstones and premium transformation stones are already at ~20g and ~560g and price will rise because the only supply of monestones is 6vs6 and you need the key that drops very rarely. 

So good luck with equiping your alt when no one takes you to the higher dungeons...

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Showta:

I've had that happen and someone straight out of level 55 spam joining an HH run when that was brand new. Obviously if you're straight out of story with story starter gear, you don't belong in the newest dungeon.

Thats for sure a troll or just a stupid who dont check he cant enter the dungeon jet. Anyways, blame NC-Soft for the quest where you need to run all Dungeons from DT to HH

For sure new Player want that quest to get the juwels needed for upgrade ;)

Like i said, i dont like trolling too, but some people realy deserv to get trolled all day long for their behavior and how they thread new/low Players.

When i am on my Alt and i see the leader will kick a "Low" HM instant and without checking or for beeing a few AP below the requirements, i will leave the party.

I am faster with a player who is 10,20,30 AP below requirement then waiting half an hour until someone join who fit the taste of groupleader...

1 hour ago, Statler said:

I wasnt talking about people who dont meet the requirement ;)

My HM9 alt (Gunner) have 1k AP, even it dont have raven jet, and can hold 50-70k DPS what should be enough for most dungeons.

Even i meet the requirements i instant get kicked from partys looking for 1k+ (which is quite rare nowadays) without even bother checking my stats.

That is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing toxic as hell. And to be honest, such people deserve to get trolled.

1. I cant even run Dungeons above NS with my alt. People join, see HM9 and instant quit.

2. With the next patch they lowered Gold from lower dungeons again. you wont get unbound materials from lower dungeons neither from daily chest anymore. Transformationstones and premium transformation stones are already at ~20g and ~560g and price will rise because the only supply of monestones is 6vs6 and you need the key that drops very rarely. 

3. So good luck with equiping your alt when no one takes you to the higher dungeons...

You can't be absolutely certain that you get kicked just cause of hm levels. Plenty of people recruit 1k, that 1k being of the raven3+elemental jewels stg3 or something. That's waaaaay too specific to write in like 24 characters xD

To be honest, I would love to see a system put in place, where party leaders can define minimum gear threshold. A really detailed one. You want to weed out all the "weak" 1k ap players? Put a stage 6 bracelet requirement. That's a killer for most alts and newbies right there. You want to have a semi fast clear in EL/IF? Stage 10 bracelet, stage 6 elemental jewelry, stage 6 rav weapon. All problems with toxicity go away instantly. You can't complain for not meeting the party leader's requirements and get kicked when the room won't even let you in if you don't cover them.

1. Same here. I have no problem with that tho. Besides, with the lower dungeons getting nerfed when it comes to drops, lowbies will have no choice but to run the "harder" dungeons. Give the game two weeks and we'll have enough ~1k ap players who know what to do in the pre hh/ssm bracket. Afterall, when there's nobody to baby people around, they eventually learn how to walk on their own. That or we'll see people with bale 12 and no elemental damage recruiting 1,1k ap for EL/IF :grrr:

2. Yeah, I saw. Let's say I get where they're coming from with the dungeon material loot nerfs, but I absolutely can't agree with swapping my 65+ moonstones/week with something like 20. Yeah no. Just no. Unless we get another source for moonstones, this will be by far the worst patch in the history of this game. If their idea is that moonstone prices will drop cause the demand won't be as high due to the exp charm cd increase, they haven't been paying attention. Moonstones go like candy on a holiday family gathering. If people don't put those into charms, they'll keep putting them into PTS or for obscene price in the broker, due to source monopoly (writing this for Liinxy, so at least one staff member knows just how screwed we are);

3. Noone is obligated to take our alts anywhere. I don't think this game was even meant to be played with alts. Just look at gear prices. It looks like alts are good to have till a certain point, past which they become pretty much worthless considering their production per minute value;

I am about to do the end game dungeons just to show my appreciation for using me as a dungeon opener, dungeon taxi and burn me all the time, and most afkers are high levels 12 13 14 15. I only saw lvl 20+ maybe few times in my entire BnS game play.

what goes around comes around.

19 hours ago, Statler said:

First off all i know what you want to say, i saw this happend too many times. BUT!

Did you ever ask yourself, why people act this way? Some of them for sure are just trolls, but not all of them.

Yeah not all of them, the rest want to be carried.

Most people searching with just insane ridiculous requirements. I already saw 1.2k+ VT-Gear for ebondrake citadel. I know its boring routine to run the same dungeons every day for daily and you want to go through quite quickly. Lower geared nearly have no chance to find a group.

So what stops people to make their own group with less requirements? For everything nf and below you don't even need a premade you can just lfp it. People always complain about high requirements yet don't create their own party  with less, why? Because they want higher geared people in the party to carry them.

Also some people dont even bother to check if people meet the requirements, they see HM9 or 10 and isntant kick them.

HM Level means nothing i saw HM8 with much more experience then a HM16 who was most of the time dead.

I tried to find a group for SSM with my HM9 alt and after i finaly found a group that doesnt kicked me i had to ragequittet that group of HM13-15 after 3 wipes at the last Boss.

BTW: My Main is a HM12 FM with 1.2k AP and i even got kicked with my main for beeing HM12 sometimes and i saw lot of hm13-15 with less gear... any more questions?

I have a hm 12 alt and never got kicked for low hm lvl. I think bigger reason is your class, like people will kick "useless" classes because they want to fill the spot with a bb or sb.

Wanting to play with equal gear players is toxic? Majority of the players is toxic then.

Im just going to say this and then leave it at that. Everyone is a bunch of idiots if they think AP is everything. That way of thinking might have been ok two years ago but the day elemental damage got brought into the game last year, AP stopped being meaningful. IF your asking for a specific amount of AP and someone is off by 20 take a look at their gear the moment we start putting elemental accessories on we start losing AP that we otherwise could have.

I have a main that is 1150 AP i cant join any groups that are seeking 1.2k AP but i respect that. For me it doesnt matter since i belong to both a maxed competitive clan and a static group as well with her. Neither of which are toxic about peoples AP. I can promise you tho on my summoner whos AP is 1087 that all i have to do is take off my bt accessories put on some crap pinnacle stuff and be very close to 1.1k AP if not actually 1.1k. 

Elemental Damage >a few AP any day. Im ok tho if you dont want my summoner thats fine with me cause i dont want to heal you anyway. I prefer to be in a non toxic environment where im enjoying the game and giving heals and cake to people that want it. Luckily i dont have to do a whole lot of pugging but i will if i really must.

I want to clarify AP is still important yes but rejecting someone cause they are 20 ap off of what you want is stupid. Check their gear if you must if you see bt elemental accessories on them or even Xanos elemental earring and DT elemental ring, take that into consideration first before kicking them. Personally i think kicking someone tho is all together retarded. There is always a good chance someone needs help with a quest like "know thine enemy part II" which includes NS, IF, EL, SSM and HH. Help one another do a good deed for once.

for NF below dungeon, you can always use LFP, no need to join via party reqruitment, any ap or stage weapon can join without any problem.. though NF probably will take a bit time if entire party is baleful weapon

but, starting from NS, SSM it's started to get a bit more heavy, i have 170k-180k dps, once i carry 5 baleful weapon, who can do barely 30k dps
it's finish in 50min, so tiring... from that moment i always want to have at least 3 geared ppl if i pug NS

now, IF, EL, HH, in this dungoen, there are absolutly no way you can carry anyone unless you're really high gear and perfectly understand mech... not recommend to bring new player or low gear player, unless it's friend or clan member, and you have confident to carry them... because usually they'll be dead

now for DD, RT and soon release Sandstrom temple... everyone must understand mech and have good dps... even if you bring someone low gear or new player in this dungeon, they'll be floormat :3

now, why most ppl who pug high dungeon want certain req, it's because they have limited amount of play time... each dungeon, at average it'll take 25min... maybe 40min if they wipe
most ppl only have 3-5 hours a day to play after work... so they've can only play 5-6 dungeon, event, daily, weekly, or maybe they have clan member to carry, etc

even if we want to carry baleful to high lv dungeon... we lack power to do that, we don't have this player know mech or not, that why we choose ppl who have high gear, because it's take really long time to properly gear up in this game... which mean they're old player who usually run this dungeon and hopefully know mech :3

so, it's a bit dillema lol

@Fiana In all honesty, the problem with EL/IF isn't the fact that a newbie might screw it up, it's the fact that you can't trust people to know mechs no matter the gear. And as a newbie with no experience, you can't possibly cover for other people screwing up. And then you'd get accused of messing up :D

Am 5.5.2018 um 12:48 schrieb MassiveEgo:

You can't be absolutely certain that you get kicked just cause of hm levels. Plenty of people recruit 1k, that 1k being of the raven3+elemental jewels stg3 or something. That's waaaaay too specific to write in like 24 characters xD

Sure i can, when i get kicked at the moment i join the party. There is no time to check weather i meet requirements or not.

Am 5.5.2018 um 13:31 schrieb Cor:

Yeah not all of them, the rest want to be carried.

And where is the problem? Makes more sense to kick a hm 10 WL with 1050ap from a 1.1k group and doing the dungeon with 5 players instead of "carrying" the wl who could give SB.

Same for Sin/KFM with BB or any other maybe not so "usefull" classes.

So what stops people to make their own group with less requirements? For everything nf and below you don't even need a premade you can just lfp it. People always complain about high requirements yet don't create their own party  with less, why? Because they want higher geared people in the party to carry them.

Have you ever tried searching for, IF, EL, SM with 1k?

For sure you can make your own group, but you wont find one or it wil take a lot of time, for SM i gave up after about 30 minutes.

I have a hm 12 alt and never got kicked for low hm lvl. I think bigger reason is your class, like people will kick "useless" classes because they want to fill the spot with a bb or sb.

Well these groups already had all "usefull" classes like SB, BB, Tank and even reset. Also i wouldnt consider a FM as a useless class ;)
The only problem all of the group where HM 14+ and i was HM12 with Raven 9, 1198 Boss AP and a little lesss common AP

Wanting to play with equal gear players is toxic? Majority of the players is toxic then.

Majority of the players are toxic for real, you can observ it every day in F8.
Its not toxic to looking for people with equal gear and its booring like hell to do same dungeons every day for daily i totaly aggree with that. i want to do my dailys fast too, but:

It start getting toxic when people start kicking other player for missing the requirement by 20 or even 5 AP and prefer to do the dungeon with 5 instead of 6 players.

A friend (WL) was kicked for only having 1099AP instead 1100 the leader was looking for. He was the 6th player and the only WL in the party.

"Uhh i dont want to carry a noob with only 1099 ap when i search for 1100ap"

Realy? make sense. Instead of going, kick he "noob" waiting another x minutes to find another WL or got with 5. What will be faster?

It start getting toxic, when you have 1200+ VT Gear people in EC, you want to do the stealth and they dont group up or dont stop dmg and after that they call you a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing idiot cause the stealth failed due to their own fault.

It start getting toxic when those high geared players screew up the mech in IF, EL or elsewhere, blame the group for their own failure and then ragequit.

So no, its not toxic when you want to play with equal equiped players, but the community in genereal is very toxic.

I honestly think asking for AP when recruiting is stupid, Of course the player needs the min requirements to join the dungeon, but mechanics > ap.

1.2k AP for RT /Normal Mode/ is pathetic. Makes me think people have a hard time doing mechanic and wanna skip the most of it.

1 hour ago, Statler said:

1. Sure i can, when i get kicked at the moment i join the party. There is no time to check weather i meet requirements or not.

2. It start getting toxic when people start kicking other player for missing the requirement by 20 or even 5 AP and prefer to do the dungeon with 5 instead of 6 players.

A friend (WL) was kicked for only having 1099AP instead 1100 the leader was looking for. He was the 6th player and the only WL in the party.

"Uhh i dont want to carry a noob with only 1099 ap when i search for 1100ap"

3. It start getting toxic, when you have 1200+ VT Gear people in EC, you want to do the stealth and they dont group up or dont stop dmg and after that they call you a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing idiot cause the stealth failed due to their own fault.

1. I can't disagree. F2 loads pretty slowly. Smells like a party leader who has no idea what he/she is doing. Do you really want to be in such a party?

2. That's just being picky for the sake of being picky. Also I can't help but chuckle to the fact that someone would lack wisdom to the point where AP is the deciding factor of whether someone is a noob or not. That's a very broad generalisation. Stupid one too;

3. I see this a lot as well. I've come to call this "intentional ignorance". Still as long as the stealth manages to iframe us, even if a gunner (yes a bloody gunner... every time) stays out of stealth, a destro/fm or bm can still igrame everybody for the lift;

@Jagabee Most people have a hard time doing Yunsang, sooooo..... :playdumb:

It is quite sad that either people take advantage of the recent patches that basically boosted everyone's ap and stats. They tend to forget what it was like back then when 900ap was the "asking too much" requirement. Now its 1.1k+ in a simple dungeon like NS or EC. People are spoiling themselves and thinking they are better than the other person just because they have higher ap. Not to mention the fact that some newcomer players who get this treatment also start to believe that they need to be that *tightbutt* about ap requirements regardless of dungeon difficulty. I have 1.1k ap and i cant even be allowed in the newest dungeon to experience it because people want 1.2k+ (aransu gear). Which is why I just rely on my clan.

I always say that AP # =/= IQ #. let alone experience.

As for regards to my post, I have no support towards people who want these unnecessary amount of ap for a simple dungeon like ssm (which is clear-able even with 1kap as long as mechs are just followed). I do however wish there was a little more penalty to people who take advantage of not having any sort of penalty from being kicked. While some *pooheads* will take advantage of the kicking penalties (if there ever will be one) I'd just say try another lobby or create your own rather than bother the other person and waste their time. If they want 1.2k ap in NS? Fine, make your own lobby or find another who's recruiting for less expectations. Just don't be that guy who stoops down to "I'm gonna just rejoin this one until they accept me or until I make everyone else leave and waste their time" because you don't want that done to you. Getting kicked doesn't feel nice because you're not being given a chance but it's not personal either. It's only a game and chances are you can get yourself suspended or even banned with that kind of behavior even if you're trying to make a point. If they dont want you in their party then thats fine, move on, because rejoining to make a point or whatever the case may be does not really make a point, it's just telling everyone that you're there to waste their time now even if you try to say something beforehand. Just move on. 

Site note: I'm not one of those crazy-about-ap players. I'm pretty lenient and actually check everyone's gear despite my super slow f2 (and people some times try to rush me while Im waiting for f2 to load but I don't pay them no mind, it's not their party it's mine.). Gear is the first I look at honestly. HM level? Nah. Because I once made the mistake of not checking the gear of an hm13 player in SSM and later on found out he had full solak gear...so i dont discriminate hm level especially considering I have 3 hm9 alts with all 3 legnd acc so far and high staged bale soon to be raven (When i bother to fund them again).

There's another angle to consider when one join spams a lobby - even if the party leader gives up on kicking you, if you're some low hm/gear toon, someone else from the party might leave (it's highly probable in fact), which prolongs the lobby even further. I don't fancy such circumstances in the slightest.

Now here's a simple solution - have a client side encrypted file, where the game can stores the names of everybody that lobby blocked the user. Use that to filter the shown information in the f8 lobby announcements and chat on the client side instead of using server resources to do it. Would be performance inexpensive, since it's just a dungeon lobby thing. Just add an extra client side file where we can store the names of people we "suspend" in f8 so they can't join our lobbies. Tie that to a button in the name right click menu and we are golden.

Archived