Sign in to follow this  
Chinuchi

Damage output question LYN BD

Recommended Posts

Chinuchi   

Hey hai!

I'm a casual player on blade and soul but I had a quick question. I play a Lyn BD with the lightning build, my AP is 1011 currently and I'm lvl 55 HM 10

40 points in attack and 10 in defense. I have my baleful weapon at stage 10 and I have all my legendary accessories,only at stage 1, Like oath necklace, Eternity belt and dragon bracelet (minus the earring/ring/and HM soul).

So I don't know If I read the little green bar that shows damage wrong but during fights I usually only get to a high of 25k or then drop to like 11k.  So my question is, is this normal at my current level and gear or am I playing my class wrong lol? Could my rotation be wrong? I do Z > V >X > C then repeat when my skill's off cooldown. 


 

Edited by Chinuchi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Annysan   

I can't help with your rotation, but an average of 11k and a burst of 25k sounds way too low... even a fresh out of story character should probably average at about 20k (depending on knowledge of the class, speaking of all classes)

 

As a set up, if you move your mouse to the green bar, you can see what skill you used how much and how much they crit.

As to help you: what soul shields (ss) do you use? what is your crit %? (in this, did you fuse anything to your ss) Do you have already the purple elmental accessories from the dungeons? Do you animation cancel in the right way? (I think lightning is about ani canceling.... correct me if I am wrong) What badges do you use?

 

While I can't help with rotation, you can look up some guides on youtube for lightning blade dancer, this might help with the general rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your rotation should be Z X C [anicancel] and then start using Z X C off cooldown. Do not use V unless you're out of orbs and Z/X/C are on cooldown.

 

The anicancel is [F -> LMB] and F hits twice, so you should only press LMB once the 2nd hit of F lands.

 

Also, you might want to use the double cast C until you reach a point where you crit a lot, so that you can choose the AoE C instead if you want.

Edited by lPhantomX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chinuchi   
22 hours ago, Annysan said:

I can't help with your rotation, but an average of 11k and a burst of 25k sounds way too low... even a fresh out of story character should probably average at about 20k (depending on knowledge of the class, speaking of all classes)

 

As a set up, if you move your mouse to the green bar, you can see what skill you used how much and how much they crit.

As to help you: what soul shields (ss) do you use? what is your crit %? (in this, did you fuse anything to your ss) Do you have already the purple elmental accessories from the dungeons? Do you animation cancel in the right way? (I think lightning is about ani canceling.... correct me if I am wrong) What badges do you use?

 

While I can't help with rotation, you can look up some guides on youtube for lightning blade dancer, this might help with the general rotation.

I don't have any of my badges yet, I'm still working on getting those. I have the full MSP ss set from the story, still no clue on how SS fusion works. I have the black dawn lightning ring from DT and Zakhan from EC currently. My crit rate is at 116.37% approximately. I also do think I'm ani-canceling right-ish. But seeing my low damage maybe I'm not? Though I did watch a video and changed my rotation so I average 25k and burst 35k now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chinuchi   
11 hours ago, lPhantomX said:

Your rotation should be Z X C [anicancel] and then start using Z X C off cooldown. Do not use V unless you're out of orbs and Z/X/C are on cooldown.

 

The anicancel is [F -> LMB] and F hits twice, so you should only press LMB once the 2nd hit of F lands.

 

Also, you might want to use the double cast C until you reach a point where you crit a lot, so that you can choose the AoE C instead if you want.

Before I saw this post I found this video here [ 

 

To try and help me and it kinda did. So should I just keep going with this or do what you said? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so... first and foremost, consider boosting up those legendary accessories a little. Even bringing them up to lv 3 will help a bit.

 

Second, you did not mention your Soul or Mystic Badge... but at the very least, try and snap up some purple badges and go for the Courage Soul Badge if you don't have it yet. If you're unable to afford 70 Courage Tokens for the badge, your next best bet is to use 125 Solar Energy and purchase the Primal Force Soul Badge. Courage is an overall better choice, mind you, since it's ability to quickly reduce C's cooldown by hitting with crits after using X is very handy. With it, you'll rarely need to use V, unless your X and C are on cooldown. Primal Force reduces cooldown of Z, which is nice for bursting, but the overall DPS will go up with Courage.

 

Now, for that whole thing with Soul Shield boosting... I'll try to make it brief...

 

In order to boost a soul shield, you either need a primer or a copy of that soul shield piece. The boost most classes (and you'll probably want this too) is Critical, which doesn't often come by fusing copies of soul shields together. So, you're going to want to look at obtaining Soul Shield Primers. The main ways to do this are by buying them from a vendor/marketplace or making them if you're in the Soul Wardens crafting guild. With Soul Wardens, you make primer bases, then trade them into Dragon Express to buy the primer you want. The advantage to doing it this way is that it's much easier to obtain better primers. If you're in Soul Wardens, try to make Artesenal Soul Shield Primer Base and trade those into Dragon Express for Silverfrost Artesenal Critical Soul Shield Primers. If you're not in Soul Wardens, the best place to look for primers is in Khanda Vihar... though you'll be looking at the Silverfrost Crafted Critical Soul Shield Primers. You can check the Marketplace... but if they have any there, it's entirely possible that they're more expensive... compare prices, really =p

 

To fuse a primer to a part of your soul shield, you'll need some soulstone crystal and fusion powder (obtained by salvaging pretty much any soul shield you come across). They're relatively inexpensive to buy on Marketplace if you don't have any. So, when you're ready, unseal those primers, click on the piece of soul shield you want to boost and put the primer in the slot. Now, the results are random... you might get anywhere from the range shown before you fuse the soul shield... adding another primer will not stack on top of the previous primer, but just re-roll the number. There is also a chance that a poor roll when fusing a primer to a soul shield can lower or eliminate base stats on the soul shield... so be ready for that possibility. If you're ever bummed out by that, you can always go get a new soul shield piece and start again. Ideally, you want to look for a critical rate of as close to (or higher than) 50%. In order to check your critical rate, open your stats with the P key, look for where it says "Critical" and click the arrow next to it to expand that breakdown. You said your Critical was 116% or something? I sincerely doubt that, unless you have buffs going, it's anywhere near half of that if you haven't boosted a soul shield before.

 

Anyways, as for your rotation, it should essentially be using X, C or V to activate Draw Stance and maintain Electric Surge as much as possible, using Z whenever it's available. Even if you don't have a good soul badge, the general idea is to start with one of the above-mentioned skills and, as that little blue bar on your screen (denoting your electric surge duration) is about to run out, use the next skill in turn to refresh your electric surge duration. X has the lowest surge duration and C has the longest, for the record. With the Courage Soul Badge, like I said before, X and C kind of synergize a little bit, so you only need V as a last resort. Either way, once you've used X, C or V to go into Draw stance and electric surge is going, just do your bread and butter combo, which is very simply LMB > F > LMB > F (repeat). Now Lightning BD have animation cancelling which boosts their efficiency if timed well. Going too slowly will waste precious damage output, but going too fast will burn focus, mis-time hits and ultimately lose damage output again. A good way to get the general timing is to check the Hongmoon Training Room, as it has a lesson on the timing for your anicancel. It'll help give a good rhythm for you to practice. Once you find you're generally passing it without much difficulty, you can go to somewhere with a training dummy (like Mushin's Tower) and attempt practicing your rotation and anicanel on a proper target.

 

I hope all of that helps you out =3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chinuchi   
8 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

Okay, so... first and foremost, consider boosting up those legendary accessories a little. Even bringing them up to lv 3 will help a bit.

 

Second, you did not mention your Soul or Mystic Badge... but at the very least, try and snap up some purple badges and go for the Courage Soul Badge if you don't have it yet. If you're unable to afford 70 Courage Tokens for the badge, your next best bet is to use 125 Solar Energy and purchase the Primal Force Soul Badge. Courage is an overall better choice, mind you, since it's ability to quickly reduce C's cooldown by hitting with crits after using X is very handy. With it, you'll rarely need to use V, unless your X and C are on cooldown. Primal Force reduces cooldown of Z, which is nice for bursting, but the overall DPS will go up with Courage.

 

Now, for that whole thing with Soul Shield boosting... I'll try to make it brief...

 

In order to boost a soul shield, you either need a primer or a copy of that soul shield piece. The boost most classes (and you'll probably want this too) is Critical, which doesn't often come by fusing copies of soul shields together. So, you're going to want to look at obtaining Soul Shield Primers. The main ways to do this are by buying them from a vendor/marketplace or making them if you're in the Soul Wardens crafting guild. With Soul Wardens, you make primer bases, then trade them into Dragon Express to buy the primer you want. The advantage to doing it this way is that it's much easier to obtain better primers. If you're in Soul Wardens, try to make Artesenal Soul Shield Primer Base and trade those into Dragon Express for Silverfrost Artesenal Critical Soul Shield Primers. If you're not in Soul Wardens, the best place to look for primers is in Khanda Vihar... though you'll be looking at the Silverfrost Crafted Critical Soul Shield Primers. You can check the Marketplace... but if they have any there, it's entirely possible that they're more expensive... compare prices, really =p

 

To fuse a primer to a part of your soul shield, you'll need some soulstone crystal and fusion powder (obtained by salvaging pretty much any soul shield you come across). They're relatively inexpensive to buy on Marketplace if you don't have any. So, when you're ready, unseal those primers, click on the piece of soul shield you want to boost and put the primer in the slot. Now, the results are random... you might get anywhere from the range shown before you fuse the soul shield... adding another primer will not stack on top of the previous primer, but just re-roll the number. There is also a chance that a poor roll when fusing a primer to a soul shield can lower or eliminate base stats on the soul shield... so be ready for that possibility. If you're ever bummed out by that, you can always go get a new soul shield piece and start again. Ideally, you want to look for a critical rate of as close to (or higher than) 50%. In order to check your critical rate, open your stats with the P key, look for where it says "Critical" and click the arrow next to it to expand that breakdown. You said your Critical was 116% or something? I sincerely doubt that, unless you have buffs going, it's anywhere near half of that if you haven't boosted a soul shield before.

 

Anyways, as for your rotation, it should essentially be using X, C or V to activate Draw Stance and maintain Electric Surge as much as possible, using Z whenever it's available. Even if you don't have a good soul badge, the general idea is to start with one of the above-mentioned skills and, as that little blue bar on your screen (denoting your electric surge duration) is about to run out, use the next skill in turn to refresh your electric surge duration. X has the lowest surge duration and C has the longest, for the record. With the Courage Soul Badge, like I said before, X and C kind of synergize a little bit, so you only need V as a last resort. Either way, once you've used X, C or V to go into Draw stance and electric surge is going, just do your bread and butter combo, which is very simply LMB > F > LMB > F (repeat). Now Lightning BD have animation cancelling which boosts their efficiency if timed well. Going too slowly will waste precious damage output, but going too fast will burn focus, mis-time hits and ultimately lose damage output again. A good way to get the general timing is to check the Hongmoon Training Room, as it has a lesson on the timing for your anicancel. It'll help give a good rhythm for you to practice. Once you find you're generally passing it without much difficulty, you can go to somewhere with a training dummy (like Mushin's Tower) and attempt practicing your rotation and anicanel on a proper target.

 

I hope all of that helps you out =3

Thank you so much! This really helped a lot! I'm still grinding for my soul badge but I'm close to getting a mystic badge now. I was thinking of getting the pulse badge and phew, good thing I chose to be in the soul wardens. I'll be looking back at this post a whole lot as guidance xD. Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this