Forums

fix that stutter/freeze!

nonistaicho

i'm not sure if this has already been posted, but more the merrier i guess; It's just too important not to know about it!

This fixed koldrak lair and the new event freeze problems, just like magic. i'm pretty sure it helps with any other aspect of the game as well

I'm, sorry, from my own experiences and judging from that video that it stuttered for what? 2 small times means it's form of loading delay caused by slow hard drive and/or internet speed. Your graphics card, cpu and ram has nothing to do with that loading speed for the most part. You get that stutter most often everytime if a new player enters within certain range of you as it has to now load everything what that person does and depending on the internet speeds of both players, it can take some time for that data as to what he is doing to come to you and that might cause some stutters. Even with CTRL+F turned on it needs to load the players general locations and such.

However if you get those stutters and lags in a small solo dungeon when game has loaded up absolutely everything possible, thats different then and i understand that needs fixing.

1 hour ago, Amarathiel said:

I'm, sorry, from my own experiences and judging from that video that it stuttered for what? 2 small times means it's form of loading delay caused by slow hard drive and/or internet speed. Your graphics card, cpu and ram has nothing to do with that loading speed for the most part.

Well that's what the guy in the video said, actually there should be no way that this can have an effect on stuttering. But otherwise you can't explain why many people have a smoother play experience when turning off the option or having just a few amount of quests in the quest log. If you want to try out for yourself, get 40 dailies and do the event dungeon, dismiss all the quests and do it again. Personally I did it with 10 characters and the result was always the same, like the video shows it. Btw this was found by a (maybe the same) user and posted on reddit in a similar way. Too many people have responded to it in a positive way to be a coincidence.

7 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

I'm, sorry, from my own experiences and judging from that video that it stuttered for what? 2 small times means it's form of loading delay caused by slow hard drive and/or internet speed. Your graphics card, cpu and ram has nothing to do with that loading speed for the most part. You get that stutter most often everytime if a new player enters within certain range of you as it has to now load everything what that person does and depending on the internet speeds of both players, it can take some time for that data as to what he is doing to come to you and that might cause some stutters. Even with CTRL+F turned on it needs to load the players general locations and such.

However if you get those stutters and lags in a small solo dungeon when game has loaded up absolutely everything possible, thats different then and i understand that needs fixing.

man, the new event dungeon stutters every time the boss throws those big balls of energy at you. every single time! and it does so for the whole damn player base. And this small fix made that stutter go away; i tried it myself. and you're telling me it's internet speed? comon , let's be real.

internet speed does not affect a list of some stupid writing on your screen; it's just poor programming

anyway, don't judge people who actually help our poor community.

7 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

Before you judge and bla bla try it yourself. Its much easier then trying to be smartass. The guy who discovered this should be rewarded. Me, as a guy who has super pc, (i7, intel ssd, etc.) also had stutters specially in basin and ssp. And this video and this "fix" made all those stutters go away. In the event dungeon i didnt had many problems with those balls, but open world maps was giving me feeling like smth is wrong with my pc, and in fact it was never problem about my pc.

I had to login and say a big THANK YOU, whoever figured this out, you're my hero. No more stutters, freezes and game feels super smooth. God I wish i knew this before, cause this caused me many grey hairs, over the months.

Yuran from the vid, if you play on EU, you have 100G reward from me, contact me ig.

All the UIs in this game uses the CPU to render. If you turn all the UI off your fps will be better. Ever notices that frame stutter when the menu pops up when you press O? Ya, this is what that is. In celestial basin I sit at 75 fps. When I have the options menu open I drop down to 67. Add all of these small things up and you end up with what you see in the event dungeon.

2 hours ago, ThisIsMadness said:

Before you judge and bla bla try it yourself. Its much easier then trying to be smartass. The guy who discovered this should be rewarded. Me, as a guy who has super pc, (i7, intel ssd, etc.) also had stutters specially in basin and ssp. And this video and this "fix" made all those stutters go away. In the event dungeon i didnt had many problems with those balls, but open world maps was giving me feeling like smth is wrong with my pc, and in fact it was never problem about my pc.

2 hours ago, nonistaicho said:

man, the new event dungeon stutters every time the boss throws those big balls of energy at you. every single time! and it does so for the whole damn player base. And this small fix made that stutter go away; i tried it myself. and you're telling me it's internet speed? comon , let's be real.

internet speed does not affect a list of some stupid writing on your screen; it's just poor programming

anyway, don't judge people who actually help our poor community.

Well i did say it was based on my own experiences. Me and my friend have 0 problems with anything here, no ping problems, no fps problems nothing and only time it has sometimes stuttered or something is when game is quickly trying to dynamically load something new. I dont exactly have a top end pc or anything so it baffles me to see others have so much problems with stuff. I know game is not well optimized at all but still. Guess im just lucky. Im not judging or dissing anyone.

im potatoandbacon the guy who discovered the issue with the Quest tracker and posted it on reddit it seems they are using software like BHS did on tera for its ui (even tho BHS stole from NC :giggle:) thats why the UI causes a massive stutter and fps loss i also though my pc was the problem cause i have a 3770k old cpu and was not being able to handle the game but my surprise its when i installed black dessert my fps were stable and without stutters on towns with a lot of people  back in bns i noticed on my Alts with literally almost no Quest that they had better performance in game and so i started by removing some UI things like fps and ms metter then i moved into the quest tracker and bam no more stutters :HajoonHappy:

PD:  feels great to finally get on raids and not watch a slideshow

• NCSOFT

We've forwarded this information off to the development team as soon as we saw the thread appear on Reddit. The most recent update on this topic is that the dev team has confirmed that there's an issue and are working on fixing it as soon as possible; we'll be sure to provide more details as soon as we receive them.

1 hour ago, Liinxy said:

We've forwarded this information off to the development team as soon as we saw the thread appear on Reddit. The most recent update on this topic is that the dev team has confirmed that there's an issue and are working on fixing it as soon as possible; we'll be sure to provide more details as soon as we receive them.

You found a solution yet?? 

1 hour ago, Liinxy said:

Wait... this is just a collateral of having the cpu render the UI. The devs must have known that the UI is being rendered by the cpu, they wrote the code after all. Are you implying that the devs are going to off load the rendering of UI to the GPU?

BNS GETTING AN OPTIMISATION PATCH~~~~! HYPE \O/ 

This....explains why different characters were getting different FPS and performance. Wow.... x.x;  Thats honestly crazy. But Basin does feel a lot better now. I just wish the rest of the game did...

9 hours ago, Liinxy said:

If you guys actually tested the patches/updates, before you pushed them to the live servers, you might actually know what's going on. The stuttering has been going on for ages; just search 'stuttering'  on these very forums. Another example the F2 issue we have been dealing with since I don't know how long ago. A simple change in UI color fixes it.

On 4/25/2018 at 4:21 AM, Amarathiel said:

I've been experiencing the same thing and I have a top end Gaming PC with SSD drive, 24gb memory ram, intel i5 -7400 cpu,  And it's always in celestial Basin.  It gets annoying during boss fights  when it stutters and you cant q/e fast enough because of the stutter/micro freezes.  

The quest log thing definitely fixes it for me. While quests are being tracked, every time the event boss spawns the balls I would literally drop maybe... 20-30 frames? About 1/4-1/2 second and it would be impossible to actually dodge the balls. (But if you time your 1 skill on the gun you don't need to so that's what I've been doing) 

But with quests off it's a smooth 60fps all the way through. 

It also fixes the stutters I was having when moving across large populated maps like Basin and Valendria. Though, something to note is that another thing that fixes those stutters for me is turning my graphics card off (GTX 1060) and running integrated graphics. So the actual bug might have something to do with how the quest log process on different hardware. 

Oh my god. I spent literally hours in graphic settings playing with shadow visibility, FoW, special effects and everything else trying to get rid of these stutters in Basin/dkv/Valindria and beastbog/ssp back then unsuccessfully. I also sent few posts to support with recorded evidence, ofc they told me to clean cache and git gud summed up. ANd now i find out it's caused by some quest tracking setting.... Holy Son of a Monkeys Uncle. Anyway, i hope they won't 'fix' it to be even worse or something. Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised

• 1 month later...

Archived