TamashiEcho

Ridiculous and Unfair Drop Rate

Does anyone in this game think it's fair to have such a low drop rate? I mean it's ok to make it a little difficult but for the love of Master Hong, I did Yehara's Mirage Shadowstrike 54 times and got NOTHING, I saw someone who only got it after 80 tries, and to help it, unless you abandon the quest you can only do the dungeon once a day, what is this for? Just remove the costume from the game at once and place it on the store, at least we get a higher chance of getting it.

I don't know if this can help, but what I did for Obsidian Serpent was just running the quest a maximum of 5 times a day, when I had nothing else to do, and abandoning it each time, of course. It took me a looooong time but I finally got the 3 pieces. I really dont know how many runs it was in total, I decided not to count, but at least that way I didnt get burnt out. I did a similar thing with Junghado's hat, just running once a day for the quest (that took even longer), and with Wild Horse and Bully Wrap. Try to do it when you really have nothing else to do and if you can, dont even expect a drop...  it worked for me, although not quickly. 

In sense I do understand you but on the other hand I do feel like I want some credit for my hard work not to have others walking so easily in the items that I "hardcore" farmed. Me and my friends always joke about that the outfits are the true end game and it does feel good when you finally get an outfit that is not as common as you think.

Regards from person who killed Misty Woods mobs 300+ times each to get ugly piece from each of them that I never wear either.

I don't think it's fair, but rng is rng :'D

I did:

- 134 runs for this costume

- about 100 runs for Infinite Challenge | on another char about 180 runs

- 150+ runs for the widows masks, but never saw any of them in the loot

- about 120 chests for bully+wildhorse | on another char I've opened about 100 chests and got nothing and then I've farmed again 100 chests and openend them at once and got 1x bully

- 150+ naryu labyrinth runs and only saw the costumes and the golden horns | on another char I want the blue horns and already did 140 runs here as well, but nope (and this dungeon takes about 15 Minutes :'))

- at the current event I bought on one char every day a costume pouch and on 3 other chars like every second or third day a pouch and did the new costume dropped? Nope. And the costs for this are ridiculous...

- and I don't know how many priests I already killed for the spirit veil, but nope :')

and this are only some examples :') I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this x'D

44 minutes ago, RyVerseLy said:

I don't think it's fair, but rng is rng :'D

I did:

- 134 runs for this costume

- about 100 runs for Infinite Challenge | on another char about 180 runs

- 150+ runs for the widows masks, but never saw any of them in the loot

- about 120 chests for bully+wildhorse | on another char I've opened about 100 chests and got nothing and then I've farmed again 100 chests and openend them at once and got 1x bully

- 150+ naryu labyrinth runs and only saw the costumes and the golden horns | on another char I want the blue horns and already did 140 runs here as well, but nope (and this dungeon takes about 15 Minutes :'))

- at the current event I bought on one char every day a costume pouch and on 3 other chars like every second or third day a pouch and did the new costume dropped? Nope. And the costs for this are ridiculous...

- and I don't know how many priests I already killed for the spirit veil, but nope :')

and this are only some examples :') I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this x'D

RNG is one thing, we can live with RNG but BnS drop rate feels like someone fell asleep on top of the "0" key, it's ridiculous.

11 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

In sense I do understand you but on the other hand I do feel like I want some credit for my hard work not to have others walking so easily in the items that I "hardcore" farmed. Me and my friends always joke about that the outfits are the true end game and it does feel good when you finally get an outfit that is not as common as you think.

Regards from person who killed Misty Woods mobs 300+ times each to get ugly piece from each of them that I never wear either.

It's a costume, it won't offer any other advantage besides style so why make it so hard? Hard work for me it's 10-20 runs, but this that we're living it's just insane, it's too much, and awfully unfair.

23 hours ago, Rea Shinwa said:

I don't know if this can help, but what I did for Obsidian Serpent was just running the quest a maximum of 5 times a day, when I had nothing else to do, and abandoning it each time, of course. It took me a looooong time but I finally got the 3 pieces. I really dont know how many runs it was in total, I decided not to count, but at least that way I didnt get burnt out. I did a similar thing with Junghado's hat, just running once a day for the quest (that took even longer), and with Wild Horse and Bully Wrap. Try to do it when you really have nothing else to do and if you can, dont even expect a drop...  it worked for me, although not quickly. 

I did all the insane mechs I found, some people even helped me and told me their own experiences but nothing works, and I actually barely started, 54 runs it's nothing when I see people going 300+

I wish you good luck! Btw, I am not sure what level are you, but what I always did to farm Obsidian was to wait until I was high enough to practically one shot the mobs. It wont make the drop any less rare/random, but it would go a lot faster for you, which helps a ton.

HateMe   
On 4/24/2018 at 10:44 PM, TamashiEcho said:

Does anyone in this game think it's fair to have such a low drop rate? I mean it's ok to make it a little difficult but for the love of Master Hong, I did Yehara's Mirage Shadowstrike 54 times and got NOTHING, I saw someone who only got it after 80 tries, and to help it, unless you abandon the quest you can only do the dungeon once a day, what is this for? Just remove the costume from the game at once and place it on the store, at least we get a higher chance of getting it.

Thats why you do not farm costumes like that and get them from merchant of wonders events.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

Thats why you do not farm costumes like that and get them from merchant of wonders events.

This. My only complaint, with some of the outfits, is that cannot be mailed to alts.

Ashea   

If the game had a ton of costumes you could get for free, then having a couple of rares would be fine.  But when most are faction/pvp based, and the others you have to grind  like a mofo to get, then that isn't so fun.. and I have no interest in that.  I used to play when it came out but eventually took a break.  It didn't used to be so hard to get costumes, so they've obviously greatly reduced the drop rates..   I just created a gunner for something different, and after over a hundred kills trying to get the stalker outfit and nothing but two hats..   I can only assume all the other drop rates will be similar.. so with that said, I'm uninstalling the game after only a couple days..  I hear the Korean players are ok with grinding that much.. but I am not.  I have better things to waste my time on.  Good luck to you all.   /uninstall.

lol. drop rate is now zero for obsidian serpent.  Also, fwiw I got the mask on run 27, the hat on run 29 and the outfit on run 35 also by doing like 5x failed daily's a day.

my worst was 143 stinkin pinchy tokens to get that outfit. saw a few hats and never once saw the 3rd like tail piece.   after easily 400-500 dark balrok kills I have only seen the outfit 1 time. I got the deva outfit on the very first roll, kaari took maybe 10-11 tokens and lycan set was probably about 30 total. so ya, RNGeesus is the true lord and master.

how do you like them apples oh   rage-quit, thread-necro, hosed by RNGeesus, person?   

(inb4lock)