Elemental accessory VS standard legendary accesiry upgrades

tsukiyoFM

In general, which accessory is better or which to be aim as goal?

(Assuming your build align with the element) 

Bracelet are off topic since legendary provide specific great buff to skill. But things like earring/ring/necklace can choose between elemental and non-elemental. Elemental which normally have set bonus of high crit dmg.

1) For a endgame starter, which is better ? Black dawn ring + earring/necklace or all other non-elemental accessories

2) For long run, what and which accessories should i look out for ? 

Hope to shed some light on this topic as its quite confusing for beginner like me. 

Prety much elemental accesorys are better over all. Exception for some classes are only skyshetter ring. Classes that realy suffer from focus problems during rotation uses this ring other clases goes for raid elemental rings. Over all raid accesorys are better then non raid ones. It just a path to ppl who cant or dont want to do raids but want to progress somehow.

As for beginer black dawn ring+xanos earing is the way to go untill you get raid accesorys.

For long run you defenetly want black tower ring and earing. Vt nec is also good but you kinda need to max it to get best benefits compaird to oath. Because if you get like stage 10 oath Vt nec only become better at around st6 but not much.Well its also depends on class as well.

29 minutes ago, MantisxD said:

Prety much elemental accesorys are better over all. Exception for some classes are only skyshetter ring. Classes that realy suffer from focus problems during rotation uses this ring other clases goes for raid elemental rings. Over all raid accesorys are better then non raid ones. It just a path to ppl who cant or dont want to do raids but want to progress somehow.

As for beginer black dawn ring+xanos earing is the way to go untill you get raid accesorys.

For long run you defenetly want black tower ring and earing. Vt nec is also good but you kinda need to max it to get best benefits compaird to oath. Because if you get like stage 10 oath Vt nec only become better at around st6 but not much.Well its also depends on class as well.

Thank you once again, this give me the much needed required progression for accessory. I currently only have those solak accessory, and black dawn *lightning* ring, which i dont need :sad:

20 hours ago, MantisxD said:

It just a path to ppl who cant or dont want to do raids but want to progress somehow.

Nah, it is more like an afterthought addition, since Hellion series originally only had PvP version. I guess NCSoft got complained about how useless these PvP accessories for PvE (except for Skyshatter Ring for some classes), so they decided to add PvE version, which are of course weaker than raid path. 

Ultimately, raid path is always better than non-raid path, because it is raid-level gear. Unless you PvP and intend to change PvE accessories to PvP later, It is better to forget the existence of Hellion series (unless you want Skyshatter Ring) altogether and save materials for something more useful. Nowadays, it is easy to get in BT 1-3 for earring/ring. VT necklace would be tricky, but you will eventually get it.

Also, VT necklace at Stage 3 is as good as Oath neck already, and stronger with Blue buff, but only costs 10 jewels. At Stage 4+, it is stronger than Oath.

On 4/23/2018 at 12:34 PM, MantisxD said:

Because if you get like stage 10 oath Vt nec only become better at around st6 but not much.Well its also depends on class as well.

This depends on all rest of your gear - If you have raven9 and BT ring&erring 10 and good soul shield, then VT neck 3 will be better (but this is like 250kdps vs 255kdps in f12) so if you have cheap offer to buy it, just do it and change oath for crux (if its on higher stage) or trow it away if it is on stage 1.

IMHO - upgrading VT neck (at this stage of price) should be last thing that you upgrade in your EQ compering cost to dps increase

Archived