Are Horned Lyn Deaf?

ObviouslyEvil

So I was curious to see how dedicated Lyn character models were to the animal ears thing and it turns out they are VERY dedicated...Lyn don't have human ears on their character models at all. But this raises a burning question...how do horned Lyn hear anything? Spoiler: They don't.

• NCSOFT

This brought up a similar debate @Cyan and I had regarding whether or not Lyn's had humanoid ears on the side of their head due to all of their hairstyle options covering this area... Your horns observation is making this even more debatable. :HongWhat:

3 hours ago, Liinxy said:

This brought up a similar debate @Cyan and I had regarding whether or not Lyn's had humanoid ears on the side of their head due to all of their hairstyle options covering this area... Your horns observation is making this even more debatable. :HongWhat:

If you wear Lion's Mane Hair, combined with Hongmoon Lantern Earrings, you can see that the earrings aren't attached to anything, unlike every other race. Hope that solved your debate.

I'd assume they are just like hardened ears but it would make sense if they were deaf since they are not really ears.

Its possible that the Lyn's 'ears' are just there because maybe they evolved from normal animals, so they would have the ears + tail of that animal and be able to hear due to some sort of ear like thing inside their head.

But remember, its just a theory. A LYN THEORY xD

Well in another game I play there is a race with horns instead of ears and according to the lore the horns function like ears allowing them to hear.  I highly doubt the devs put that much thought into it for the Lyns but it's something to consider.

• NCSOFT
20 hours ago, Onbekend said:

If you wear Lion's Mane Hair, combined with Hongmoon Lantern Earrings, you can see that the earrings aren't attached to anything, unlike every other race. Hope that solved your debate.

Why didn't I think of this?! Looks like I win @Cyan :JinyungHappy:

Looking closer at the horns, they are concave and could be indicative of ears like others have mentioned here.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Onbekend:

You can also see it with yuras hair ;) My lyn have cat ears and tail and i would like to see eraings at her ears not somewhere like glued to the side of the face.  

• NCSOFT
2 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Why didn't I think of this?! Looks like I win @Cyan :JinyungHappy:

Looking closer at the horns, they are concave and could be indicative of ears like others have mentioned here.

Well now I just want a bald Lyn.

Archived