Sign in to follow this  
Huratius

Advices before leaving the game

Huratius   

Hello,

Recently i've been asking myself why i'm complaining too much about the game. Actually, i don't know what is true, the game is not fun anymore or it's me who don't know how to play?

I have an average gear yet i suck in pvp, as a Blade Master most of the classes can beat me easily and people always shouting at me in 6vs6.

So i'm writing here as my last chance before leaving this game, if any of you have any advice about how can i improve my playing behavior or how to have fun instead of just queuing all the time to race for material gathering, that will be nice of you.

Class : BM

weapon : raven 4 / Ascendant 3

Cauli   

1. Stop doing 6v6

2. Find a clan with nice people, or just generally some people to play with

3. Don't care about the latest content and upgrade at your own pace. All content will eventually be available to all players (either that, or the servers close). 

4. Challenge yourself and your friends by trying stuff like EC solo/duo, NS duo, HH duo, etc. The enrage timers on these dungeons are lenient and what matters more is the execution of mechanics, so you can do it even if you don't have very high gear yet. 

Arohk   
4 hours ago, Huratius said:

Hello,

Recently i've been asking myself why i'm complaining too much about the game. Actually, i don't know what is true, the game is not fun anymore or it's me who don't know how to play?

I have an average gear yet i suck in pvp, as a Blade Master most of the classes can beat me easily and people always shouting at me in 6vs6.

So i'm writing here as my last chance before leaving this game, if any of you have any advice about how can i improve my playing behavior or how to have fun instead of just queuing all the time to race for material gathering, that will be nice of you.

Class : BM

weapon : raven 4 / Ascendant 3

Blade master is probably the weakest and most vulnerable class in PvP, unless youre extremly good and know every skill of every class and how to counter them you're having a very hard time even in arena.

You need a lot of pvp gear and mostly defense to survive the onslaught and barrage of stuff others are throwing at you.

Raven 4 and Ascendant 3 is not "mid tier" that's like slightly above the low end today.

If you want to focus on PvP i would suggest a different class. Blade Dancer, Destroyer or Summoner are MUCH better in PvP, Gunner is also good in 6v6 if you can 1-shot people.

Unless they bring back the Parry Block , blade master is just not viable .

Edited by Arohk

cLime   

Hi,

I´m also playing a BM and after reaching lvl 55 and "end game" I was also interested in doing 6v6 pvp and all pvp this game had to offer. However after a short while I realised what an insane time or cost it would take to get the necessary gear in order to participate in 6v6 and a thought hit me, " what is the point in doing pvp where gear is the main factor of the outcome?". I came here for the skill and action part of the gameplay, if not for that I could play loong or wow or some more traditional mmorpg.

So in the end I decided to only do arena pvp and the occasional event to collect some nice fashion! One strong point of this game is after all the art direction and graphics. And I really like my bm even though I get pommeled a lot XD. I even have been thinking of making a Blade master guild but I don´t have time for that.

Anyway if you still like your bm find a way to enjoy playing it, avoid frustrating things. Hope to see you around! 

SalemK   

If you like bm then stick with it, bm will get better once we get the patch for parry block. I highly suggest finding a clan, this will make playing the game so much more enjoyable assuming you are in a good one where you aren't treated like an outcast. Also play the game at your own pace that will allow you to enjoy it without worrying about getting top gear.

Huratius   

I thank you all for the valuable inputs.

i will consider all what you said and i will change my playing behavior so i can enjoy the game from a different perspective.

From my experience when i played BM 10 months ago, it was fun in both 1vs1 and 6vs6 but since that time i believe the game changed a bit, and now like you said, BM cannot be a reliable class in pvp, if you are not highly experienced and you know all the mechanics and skills of each class.

Huratius   
14 hours ago, cLime said:

Hi,

I´m also playing a BM and after reaching lvl 55 and "end game" I was also interested in doing 6v6 pvp and all pvp this game had to offer. However after a short while I realised what an insane time or cost it would take to get the necessary gear in order to participate in 6v6 and a thought hit me, " what is the point in doing pvp where gear is the main factor of the outcome?". I came here for the skill and action part of the gameplay, if not for that I could play loong or wow or some more traditional mmorpg.

So in the end I decided to only do arena pvp and the occasional event to collect some nice fashion! One strong point of this game is after all the art direction and graphics. And I really like my bm even though I get pommeled a lot XD. I even have been thinking of making a Blade master guild but I don´t have time for that.

Anyway if you still like your bm find a way to enjoy playing it, avoid frustrating things. Hope to see you around! 

Thank you and yes, i will do so, i will try to avoid 6vs6 for now, even tho i love BG.

Huratius   
16 hours ago, Arohk said:

Blade master is probably the weakest and most vulnerable class in PvP, unless youre extremly good and know every skill of every class and how to counter them you're having a very hard time even in arena.

You need a lot of pvp gear and mostly defense to survive the onslaught and barrage of stuff others are throwing at you.

Raven 4 and Ascendant 3 is not "mid tier" that's like slightly above the low end today.

If you want to focus on PvP i would suggest a different class. Blade Dancer, Destroyer or Summoner are MUCH better in PvP, Gunner is also good in 6v6 if you can 1-shot people.

Unless they bring back the Parry Block , blade master is just not viable .

i really agree about what you said, but in my current situation i can't build up a new class from scratch, so maybe with the upcoming patches the BM will come back to life, at least in pvp. I also realized that BD is more fun and way better compared to BM, i never understood why B&S created a similar class to BM in the first place

About the gear, i agree that it's not a decent one, and i thought by having the minimum gear for pvp i would avoid getting one shot, yet, im still getting 240k hit from assassins which is more than one shot. 

in my opinion, B&S should put a gear restriction in 6vs6 so you don't get frustrated and make your team members hate you.

BM has extremely steep mastering curve when it comes to PvP. You'll also need mostly flawless ping, else you'll fail your CC chains and that has a very high chance of losing you that match, as most other classes have a lot of ways to either stay away from you, keep you from using distance closers or just plain ol spin to wins and CC barrages. Still there's HM z, so I wouldn't say chances are overstacked against us BMs.

Huratius   
1 hour ago, MassiveEgo said:

BM has extremely steep mastering curve when it comes to PvP. You'll also need mostly flawless ping, else you'll fail your CC chains and that has a very high chance of losing you that match, as most other classes have a lot of ways to either stay away from you, keep you from using distance closers or just plain ol spin to wins and CC barrages. Still there's HM z, so I wouldn't say chances are overstacked against us BMs.

I totally agree, i still don't know why the developers not doing anything about it, i like BM but recently it's been very challenging to win. So if im leaving this game, it's mainly because of my own class.

Huratius   
1 hour ago, Karmake said:

Play pve only its batter

well some people can do that, but im fan of pvp. im afraid its not an option but thank you

Statler   

Today in 6vs6 nothing is left over from good old battelground. You dont need skill, you need gear to oneshot your opponents. NC-Soft totaly ruind this gamemode with the high amount of dmg and things like VT Badge with penetration of defence and parry alowing you to oneshot everyone. 
If you like PVP, go Arena where stats equalized. You can even use zen beans to upgrade your PVP-Gear. 

Create some of the classes you have problems to fight against. You dont need to fully gear them up. You can play them in low level just to learn and understand how they work. You can also use the feature to watch other player in arena and maybe can learn some things.

Hope it will help you ;)

Huratius   
44 minutes ago, Statler said:

Today in 6vs6 nothing is left over from good old battelground. You dont need skill, you need gear to oneshot your opponents. NC-Soft totaly ruind this gamemode with the high amount of dmg and things like VT Badge with penetration of defence and parry alowing you to oneshot everyone. 
If you like PVP, go Arena where stats equalized. You can even use zen beans to upgrade your PVP-Gear. 

Create some of the classes you have problems to fight against. You dont need to fully gear them up. You can play them in low level just to learn and understand how they work. You can also use the feature to watch other player in arena and maybe can learn some things.

Hope it will help you ;)

I definitely have problems with 6v6 and yes people can easily one shot you there, it was different a year ago and i hope NCsoft will realize that what they've done will kill the game, people are already frustrated from the stuttering and FPS drops. As for what you said about playing other classes to understand how to counter them is not a bad idea, i just need more time and motivation to do that. Thanks for the help.

Hey op,

i stopped bns 6 months ago out of the same reason u are talking about in ur thread. This game is entirly p2w atm. U cant participitate in the end game without spending rl money. While u can still gear up at frequented time behind the rl money payers. And play the pve, but

u will never be able to participitate in the end game. I farmed hours of hours . ANd even spent a few hundred into this game to reach the high ranked gear. Just to see that my gear got downgraded in few weeks. U cant compete with the p2w players. Never.

And its not fun to be one shotted in 6vs6. And at my times all f2p players left 6vs6. Then the p2w players complained that they couldnt one shot anyone anymore. Belive me their is no skill. the p2w players dont want to fight each other they want to fight f2p players.

Real Life is harsh enough where ppl who have money can buy themself everything.

I dont want to play in a game where money rules. And skill doesnt mean anything.

BNS is still playable for f2p players. U have just to wait That the content gets downgraded and u can farm it for free. But never expect that this game is based arround skill.

For the 1vs1 and 3vs3. Yeah it is less p2w. But still. If u are a true f2p player u wont buy urself an highend macro mouse and keyboard. ANd most ppl are using macros. Indirectly 1vs1 and 3vs3 is p2w as well.

Most likely cause NCsoft made a contract with the most valued macro mouse and keyboard section. Razer.

So keep in mind. As a f2p player u cant compete in this game but can still have fun if u just accept to fall behind the p2w wall.

The story is great. The art is great. The graphics are great. But that p2w wall made me leave this game.

Huratius   
17 hours ago, dragon4277 said:

Hey op,

i stopped bns 6 months ago out of the same reason u are talking about in ur thread. This game is entirly p2w atm. U cant participitate in the end game without spending rl money. While u can still gear up at frequented time behind the rl money payers. And play the pve, but

u will never be able to participitate in the end game. I farmed hours of hours . ANd even spent a few hundred into this game to reach the high ranked gear. Just to see that my gear got downgraded in few weeks. U cant compete with the p2w players. Never.

And its not fun to be one shotted in 6vs6. And at my times all f2p players left 6vs6. Then the p2w players complained that they couldnt one shot anyone anymore. Belive me their is no skill. the p2w players dont want to fight each other they want to fight f2p players.

I dont want to play in a game where money rules. And skill doesnt mean anything.

BNS is still playable for f2p players. U have just to wait That the content gets downgraded and u can farm it for free. But never expect that this game is based arround skill.

For the 1vs1 and 3vs3. Yeah it is less p2w. But still. If u are a true f2p player u wont buy urself an highend macro mouse and keyboard. ANd most ppl are using macros. Indirectly 1vs1 and 3vs3 is p2w as well.

Most likely cause NCsoft made a contract with the most valued macro mouse and keyboard section. Razer.

So keep in mind. As a f2p player u cant compete in this game but can still have fun if u just accept to fall behind the p2w wall.

The story is great. The art is great. The graphics are great. But that p2w wall made me leave this game.

Man these are the thoughts they came to me when i started to question about this game, Well i tried to delude myself that this game is okay but it's just me who lost ability since i left the game fore more than half a year. But now when i checked this forum, i saw many people complaining about the game from p2w, stuttering, freezing and unbalance classes...

Now i will see the next patch maybe they will wake up and do something about it, if the game keep their plans in term to absorb as much money as they can then i will just leave.

That's why i posted here as a last chance i'm giving to the game. And thank you for your feedbacks.

thieve   
On 25.04.2018 at 5:52 PM, dragon4277 said:

Hey op,

I am totally agree with u man.Thats why I am play this game only when I am bored and want get some break from other games.This game is pure p2w.This is fact.Not only p2w.U have to PAY A LOT!!! This is classic tactic almost all of Korean games.Just as NEXON games.There is absolutly no difference between all of them about p2w."PAY A LOT TO WIN" I will never ever do this mistake to start play again with pure RNG-stupid box system-with stupid fees for everything Korean games.I gived my 2 years to this game and I really dunno why but not again to any made in Korea game.They r all made just steal ur money at all.Not some money....A lot money for gamble RNG.This is should be crime geez...

Edited by thieve

Huratius   

Seeing all the comments in this forum, in youtube and also in game i can conclude, from many perspectives, that this game is killing itself and squeezing people to get more money. This tactic is known in the MMO world when the Game is getting old, get as much money as possible to start another game. Now the only problem is the ignorant people who can't believe these facts and they just keep playing and paying money to one shot average players. Well it may sounds funny but not for the victims. People started to leave, my whole clan left the game, i joined new one and now they are leaving too and still when i join 6V6 people are complaining that i don't have max gear.

I want to thank all of you who came to this topic and contributed to create a clear opinion toward this game.

I already canceled my subscription (10 euros/month). And i will give it a chance till the next patch.

Thank you