Sign in to follow this  
caioc2

Can we have a event dg which lags more? I'm sure if NCSoft works hareder we can achieve negative fps

Recommended Posts

caioc2   

Just expressing my feelings of doing that sht dg every day with such lag. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, caioc2 said:

Just expressing my feelings of doing that sht dg every day with such lag. Thanks

How about you upgrade your PC? - No lag for me what so ever. in fact smoothest out of all, If your going to play with Potato then at least don't complain that it performs like potato >.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Statler   
vor 56 Minuten schrieb SayhaSeer:

How about you upgrade your PC? - No lag for me what so ever. in fact smoothest out of all, If your going to play with Potato then at least don't complain that it performs like potato >.>

Great argument, realy [/zynism]
Its not always the users Hardware. I know People with much newer and better Hardware than mine, who have much more lags and FPS drops than me.

BnS still uses UnrealEngine 3, that was released 2006 or 2007 and not realy support multi core CPUs neither can use them properly. 

So BnS is running on a 11-12 year old gameengine that was never created to support massive player MMOs. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the dungeon is poorly optimized, 1060 6gb, 16gb ram, i7 6700 hq 2.60ghz, 256 ssd, 1tb 7200 rpm, and still lags lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caioc2   
5 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

How about you upgrade your PC? - No lag for me what so ever. in fact smoothest out of all, If your going to play with Potato then at least don't complain that it performs like potato >.>

i7 7700, gtx 1060, 16gb RAM, NVME SSD. I'm sure I should have bought an SLI of titans XP  and i9 7980XE, to play that dg without fking sttutering everytime the boss throw the bubbles. 

 

I would love to see your config and you playing the dg without stutters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banzatou   
9 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

How about you upgrade your PC? - No lag for me what so ever. in fact smoothest out of all, If your going to play with Potato then at least don't complain that it performs like potato >.>

Congrats.

 

You're one of the 5 ~10% that never experience it out of sheer dumb luck.

 

This isn't about hardware optimization, these are loading issues every time boss throws out spheres, and no amount of CPU processing OC power + SSD can ever remedy this. Please actually contribute something because everything of what you said just makes you look self-absorbed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyvva   

Liinxy and Jonathan did the dungeon on stream and even they lagged hard.

 

But they also said they would not do anything to it, "it's just a 21-day event, you know."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swpz   

This dungeon lags so badly it's insane. I found that it's related to the music files though, not that I can fix it though since muting it doesn't stop it from playing. Probably a case of corrupted compiled files.

 

I've run it on 2 systems, I guess they aren't good enough though:

 

Ryzen 5 1600x (OC 4.4 gHz)

Vega 64

32 GB DDR4 3200

850 EVO

 

i5 4690k (OC 4.2 gHz)

GTX 1070

32GB DDR3 1866 (2133)

850 EVO

 

Outside of this dungeon I get 120 fps. On all modern games I can run 1440p at near max easily. Then there's BNS which decides to lag every now and then randomly. Developers really need to get off Unreal engine and move onto something more modern.

 

Oh, Koldrak's lair is terrible as well. Random dips to 10-15 without warning. Not because of any effects either.

 

I mean I guess I COULD get another vega... and get a pair of GTX 1080 Ti's to boot, but that wouldn't help now would it?

 

/logic

 

 

 

Edited by swpz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, caioc2 said:

i7 7700, gtx 1060, 16gb RAM, NVME SSD. I'm sure I should have bought an SLI of titans XP  and i9 7980XE, to play that dg without fking sttutering everytime the boss throw the bubbles. 

 

I would love to see your config and you playing the dg without stutters.

i7 7700k@ 5.1GHz
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
1080 TI MSI Seahawk
G.Skill Phoenix Blade SSD

70-80 MS in Game.

 

Runs Perfectly Fine, I don't suffer from any Shuttering.  Can play Any Raid Without ALT + F, Max Graphic, Only Player Skills turned off.  If your so Called Stuttering happens once or twice in couple hours, means nothing. The new Event Dungeon runs completely Lag Free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Banzatou said:

Congrats.

 

You're one of the 5 ~10% that never experience it out of sheer dumb luck.

 

This isn't about hardware optimization, these are loading issues every time boss throws out spheres, and no amount of CPU processing OC power + SSD can ever remedy this. Please actually contribute something because everything of what you said just makes you look self-absorbed.

Yet Somehow, I don't have these, So what you just said makes you look self-absorbed too ;). If Game is conflicting with something on your PC, causing you this, Means it must be a games fault right?. The game is not perfectly optimized sure, I agree. But if it was purely only game sided, don't you think everyone would be getting this? no matter what PC spec they had. But the way you put it, like your PC has completely nothing to do how your game runs... which is funny. 

 

Lets Rephrase   "You're one of the 5 ~10% that "always" experience it out of sheer dumb luck" ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syphin   

Those balls of lag are dipped in the fires of the unforgiving and battered by the hands of trolls.

 

It sucks. It deeply sucks. It makes the dungeon suck. It makes it terribly suck.

 

If not for the current event currency, I would not submit myself to such tediousness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GunerX   

I don't post on this forum much (hardly ever in fact, I think this is like my...third post in 3 years?) due to the fact that I have ZERO faith in NCWEST nor do I have any faith in this community's ability to understand/accept facts. But I'm kind of bored waiting for Dragon to spawn right now, so lets clear this issue up once and for all (inb4somemoderatortrystocounterwhatimabouttosayandyouidiotswillbelievethemdespitethemprovidingzeroevidencetobackuptheirclaims).

So, the game runs like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤? No duh. It runs like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ for everyone.

"blehblehbleh its your hardware blehblehbluh stop running on a potato" - no. wrong. false. The truth is that UE3 runs just fine, lots of games use UE3. Most of them run just fine with no issues at all. Some have minor issues but they are correctable thanks in part to custom .ini files. What? You have absolutely no clue what an ini file is or what it does, but you want to act like you do? Neat. Good on ya M8.
 

So what is in .ini file and what does it do? Well, an ini file by itself is just a config file. It tells the game "use this for texture settings, use this for fog, use this for shadows" etc etc. Mostly completely harmless stuff that the end user can tweak on their own to get the best gaming experience for them.

Okay...but why is this an issue for BnS? Well Timmy...the issue is that 99% of UE3 games give the End User access to the ini file so they can modify these sorts of settings themselves to find what works best for their setup. But NCSOFT...no...no NCSOFT doesnt do that. They block you, the End User, from the ini file. They also block any attempt to override their crap ini file with your own ini file.

Well clearly if NCSOFT felt the need to block it, it was for a good reason blublublehderpnoises. No Timmy, I'm afraid not. In this instance, its a simple case of incompetence and laziness. There is absolutely zero harm in letting people have access to the ini file. There's nothing in there that would give a person an unfair advantage in the game. All it will do is allow the End User to customize their graphics settings to mitigate/remove all fps/stutter issues.

Ok Mr. BigSmartySmartPants, what's so special about this ini file that would magically fix this game? Well Little Timmy, I'll tell you. There are several settings in the Engine.ini (or in BNS case its called BaseEngine.ini) that can be tweaked based on your hardware. One of the more major settings is called "PoolSize". By Default most UE3 games have this set very low, and while this will work just fine most of the time, if there is a stutter issue in your UE3 game, its a safe bet that the PoolSize value is simply too low and needs to be increased. So what is PoolSize you ask? Well it tells the game how much VRAM it can use for certain things. By Default in BNS it is set to 140, or 140 MB. This is an extremely low value considering most modern graphics cards have a lot more VRAM (my own card has 6 GB of VRAM). Most End Users should want to increase this value so that they get a smoother gaming experience.

There is a lot more documentation on the UE3 ini files and settings that you can tweak to improve FPS here: http://www.tweakguides.com/UT3_7.html

So why wont NCSOFT give us access to the file? Well Little Timmy...if they did that...then we would be able to enjoy the game more. And NCSOFT is like the Grinch. It doesnt want you to enjoy the game Timmy....

So how do you know what the default settings are if they dont let us have access to it? HAH GOT YOU NOW MR KNOWITALL! Well Little Timmy....I have my ways....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Walex   

Over 30 runs of this event dungeon, lagged only once. Basically I can only notice FPS drops on Zulia with my new i3-8350k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only lag when the orbs phase happens. Some times its not serious and other times i see a freeze here and there but when i look at my numbers my fps is still always between 80-120 yet my ping spikes in there above 150. I honestly am not sure what is the cause but i get those same ping spikes in basin as well. Otherwise i see a ping of 70-90 in most situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swpz   
10 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

i7 7700k@ 5.1GHz
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
1080 TI MSI Seahawk
G.Skill Phoenix Blade SSD

70-80 MS in Game.

 

Runs Perfectly Fine, I don't suffer from any Shuttering.  Can play Any Raid Without ALT + F, Max Graphic, Only Player Skills turned off.  If your so Called Stuttering happens once or twice in couple hours, means nothing. The new Event Dungeon runs completely Lag Free.

That overclock alone explains it.

 

You literally won the silicon lottery and are trying to tell us that's normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swpz said:

That overclock alone explains it.

 

You literally won the silicon lottery and are trying to tell us that's normal.

What's wrong with the overclock lol?, you can probably even push it to 5.2

 

Edited by SayhaSeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swpz   
1 minute ago, SayhaSeer said:

What's wrong with the overclock lol?

 

You realize a 5+ ghz overclock is by no means normal and or achievable by all chips. Most would be lucky to be stable at 4.8-4.9.

 

But I'm curious, what cooling? How hot does it run? What settings?

 

 

Edited by swpz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swpz   
5 hours ago, GunerX said:

I don't post on this forum much (hardly ever in fact, I think this is like my...third post in 3 years?) due to the fact that I have ZERO faith in NCWEST nor do I have any faith in this community's ability to understand/accept facts. But I'm kind of bored waiting for Dragon to spawn right now, so lets clear this issue up once and for all (inb4somemoderatortrystocounterwhatimabouttosayandyouidiotswillbelievethemdespitethemprovidingzeroevidencetobackuptheirclaims).

So, the game runs like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤? No duh. It runs like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ for everyone.

"blehblehbleh its your hardware blehblehbluh stop running on a potato" - no. wrong. false. The truth is that UE3 runs just fine, lots of games use UE3. Most of them run just fine with no issues at all. Some have minor issues but they are correctable thanks in part to custom .ini files. What? You have absolutely no clue what an ini file is or what it does, but you want to act like you do? Neat. Good on ya M8.
 

So what is in .ini file and what does it do? Well, an ini file by itself is just a config file. It tells the game "use this for texture settings, use this for fog, use this for shadows" etc etc. Mostly completely harmless stuff that the end user can tweak on their own to get the best gaming experience for them.

Okay...but why is this an issue for BnS? Well Timmy...the issue is that 99% of UE3 games give the End User access to the ini file so they can modify these sorts of settings themselves to find what works best for their setup. But NCSOFT...no...no NCSOFT doesnt do that. They block you, the End User, from the ini file. They also block any attempt to override their crap ini file with your own ini file.

Well clearly if NCSOFT felt the need to block it, it was for a good reason blublublehderpnoises. No Timmy, I'm afraid not. In this instance, its a simple case of incompetence and laziness. There is absolutely zero harm in letting people have access to the ini file. There's nothing in there that would give a person an unfair advantage in the game. All it will do is allow the End User to customize their graphics settings to mitigate/remove all fps/stutter issues.

Ok Mr. BigSmartySmartPants, what's so special about this ini file that would magically fix this game? Well Little Timmy, I'll tell you. There are several settings in the Engine.ini (or in BNS case its called BaseEngine.ini) that can be tweaked based on your hardware. One of the more major settings is called "PoolSize". By Default most UE3 games have this set very low, and while this will work just fine most of the time, if there is a stutter issue in your UE3 game, its a safe bet that the PoolSize value is simply too low and needs to be increased. So what is PoolSize you ask? Well it tells the game how much VRAM it can use for certain things. By Default in BNS it is set to 140, or 140 MB. This is an extremely low value considering most modern graphics cards have a lot more VRAM (my own card has 6 GB of VRAM). Most End Users should want to increase this value so that they get a smoother gaming experience.

There is a lot more documentation on the UE3 ini files and settings that you can tweak to improve FPS here: http://www.tweakguides.com/UT3_7.html

So why wont NCSOFT give us access to the file? Well Little Timmy...if they did that...then we would be able to enjoy the game more. And NCSOFT is like the Grinch. It doesnt want you to enjoy the game Timmy....

So how do you know what the default settings are if they dont let us have access to it? HAH GOT YOU NOW MR KNOWITALL! Well Little Timmy....I have my ways....

BNSBuddy.

 

Thanks for that link, think I need to do some tweaking.

Edited by swpz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swpz said:

You realize a 5+ ghz overclock is by no means normal and or achievable by all chips. Most would be lucky to be stable at 4.8-4.9.

 

 

Hahahha, not normal and nor achievable? are you kidding me? Do some research before trying to say something here. you can push it to 5.2, If it's going to be stable or not I don't know, 5.1 is stable for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swpz   
9 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

Hahahha, not normal and nor achievable? are you kidding me? Do some research before trying to say something here. you can push it to 5.2, If it's going to be stable or not I don't know, 5.1 is stable for me.

Using anecdotes to support your argument is quite weak, because you can do it by no means means anyone else can. It is common knowledge that all chips are different and even if 10 in a row can reach a certain speed it is not a guarantee that yours will. In this case, the average OC for the 7700k is about 4.8-4.9 gHz. If you're reaching 5.1 then you're lucky, that's all there is to it.

 

I'm interested in your settings though, especially the voltage.

 

Worth a read:

 

https://www.pcgamer.com/kaby-lake-overclocking-tested-the-quest-for-5ghz/

 

 

edit:

 

Requiring a 5.1 gHz overclock to play a nearly 10 year old game smoothly is just absurd no matter how you look at it. There is also that. Presumably, if you put this current game into the hardware the engine was designed for it would likely flat out crash.

 

 

 

Edited by swpz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, swpz said:

You realize a 5+ ghz overclock is by no means normal and or achievable by all chips. Most would be lucky to be stable at 4.8-4.9.

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

Hahahha, not normal and nor achievable? are you kidding me? Do some research before trying to say something here. you can push it to 5.2, If it's going to be stable or not I don't know, 5.1 is stable for me.

My Mobo: Asus Maximus Formula z270 btw, with  Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i AIO Cooler

Edited by SayhaSeer
Info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, swpz said:

Using anecdotes to support your argument is quite weak, because you can do it by no means means anyone else can. It is common knowledge that all chips are different and even if 10 in a row can reach a certain speed it is not a guarantee that yours will. In this case, the average OC for the 7700k is about 4.8-4.9 gHz. If you're reaching 5.1 then you're lucky, that's all there is to it.

 

I'm interested in your settings though, especially the voltage.

 

Worth a read:

 

https://www.pcgamer.com/kaby-lake-overclocking-tested-the-quest-for-5ghz/

 

 

edit:

 

Requiring a 5.1 gHz overclock to play a nearly 10 year old game smoothly is just absurd no matter how you look at it. There is also that. Presumably, if you put this current game into the hardware the engine was designed for it would likely flat out crash.

 

 

 

Do you think I play only Blade and Soul?. Try it for your self, I'm not here to explain to you, For me it's smooth, I can't say that it doesn't shutter 100% nor it runs like super good optimized game but it's so rarely that you don't really notice, and it runs good enough to not complain about it.

Edited by SayhaSeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swpz   
3 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

Do you think I play only Blade and Soul?. Try it for your self, I'm not here to explain to you, For me it's smooth, I can't say that it doesn't shutter 100% nor it runs like super good optimized game but it's so rarely that you don't really notice, and it runs good enough to not complain about it.

You missed my point. I'm saying for that speed almost anything would be smooth. But that is not a setting that is achievable by everyone, even if they ran 7700k's.

 

You're basically trying to tell people that what you have is normal, it's not normal, it's an exception. You are running past the 5gHz mark which many will struggle to bypass. That alone says enough.

 

To try it, I'd have to go out and buy a 7700k, not sure why I need yet another computer? But if you don't want to share that's fine.

 

 

 

Edited by swpz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arohk   

Yes the Boss is jsut bugged , i played Nier Automata and the bosses there spawn HUNDREDS of similar spheres at once and no lags, and this thing spawns like what, 20 orbs? and every time the game freezes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, swpz said:

You missed my point. I'm saying for that speed anything would be smooth. But that is not a setting that is achievable by everyone, even if they ran 7700k's.

 

You're basically trying to tell people that what you have is normal, it's not normal, it's an exception. You are running past the 5gHz mark which many will struggle to bypass. That alone says enough.

 

To try it, I'd have to go out and buy a 7700k, not sure why I need yet another computer? But if you don't want to share that's fine.

 

 

 

I'm Just saying what I am running at, Not saying anyone to go and buy it. even if you run 4.9 or 5. it will be perfectly fine, from 5 GHZ to 5.1 you only gain like 2% afterall. 

Since Blade and Soul won't be moving to EU4 ever. and if people can't get decent PC (For Blade and Soul) - Your PC might be over kill to other games, but Blade and Soul is exception, since bad optimization. then I guess just live with it. even my old PC with Phenom was running fine before, it only suffered from crowded areas = Raids. but F8 Dungeons were smooth. with Alt+F

Edited by SayhaSeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this